Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

Process Engineer on the Move

The best aspect was being able to see the outcome of an action immediately

The worst was having to spend time on my computer for the day

Make sure that you read all the material about a project before beginning it. It may solve many future mistakes.

Experiancing the Responsibilitys of the Work World

Everybody is nice and quite helpful. There is a lot of respect and camraderie amongts the workers.

Communication for the first day was a little rocky.

Don't be afraid of asking too many questions; there are no such things.

Date: 2013

Solving Real Engineering Problems While Still Learning New Skills And Techniques

The flexibility of works hours, and getting whatever help you need

Sometimes communication can be slow

You get what you put in. If you desire more challenging work there is always more that can be done.

Date: 2013

Full time responsibilities and real world experience

Gaining real life / real world experiences. There have been lots of opportunities for learning. The work enviornment is pleasing and everyone is helpful and friendly.

No issues at this time

Do the internship

Exciting, Challenging, and Rewarding

The best aspects of my internship was that I was able to network with so many people in the company and touch so many facets of business from customers, marketing research, packaging, strategy, channel teams, etc..

The internship is fast paced and you get meaty projects. Sometimes the projects felt too big to get accomplished in 12 weeks.

My advice to interns about this potential employer is that if you want to see/work in small town America for a big CPG firm that will give you a ton of opportunity and experience then KC is for you. If you need the big city life then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to management is to define the scope of your projects so that they are not so big that the work is overwhelming.

Gaining Knowledge through Sales Analysis at Kimberly-Clark

Analytical work Retail visits Problem Solving and Value Added Work

Confusion with travel arrangements and housing Learning curve on Nitro training

Network with everyone possible within your sales office Take the time to really understand the databases during training because they are a big part of your individual projects Really try to figure out how you can apply class work to your experience Ask questions See how your work can be value-added work

Date: 2013

Great mentoring, great people, hard work but a lot of fun

I think the best thing about my co-op so far is that the company has given me a great mentor and has paid for me to get the training I need in order to succeed. I also love that they have a health center that is free to use for any KC employee and I have taken full advantage of that. I have made friendships that I hope will last a lifetime and met so many different and interesting people. There is so much to do in Fox Valley that it is really easy to balance work and fun. And KC pays their co-ops and interns very well, which allows us all to take advantage of the fun things that the Fox Valley has to offer.

There are times when my mentor and other senior engineers are just too busy to help me out or guide me with my projects, which sometimes makes work difficult.

KC is a great place to work. The projects are challenging but interesting and it is really an exciting feeling to see your project all the way through from start to finish and from design to reality. Everyone that I work with treats me like a co-worker and not just another college kid, which feels good when trying to establish yourself at work. KC provides each intern/co-op with their own mentor that they report to, get projects from, and most importantly, get help from. My mentor has been extremely helpful and has taught me a lot about Kimberly-Clark and about electrical engineering in general. I know that other co-ops and interns would say the same about their mentors as well.

Advice to Management

Compensation is more than enough, especially for a college kid trying to pay off school and other bills. The hours are amazing and during summer you can leave any time you want to on Fridays as long as you have worked 40 hours. I think overall KC has exceeded my expectations in terms of management and being a great place to work. There are small things and hoops to jump through when trying to complete a project, but those things are in place for safety reasons and I know that and respect that.

Date: 2013

Great work environment, real and impactful projects, and an incredible learning opportunity

The people I worked with were all so friendly, knowledgable, and willing to share their time and expertise with me. I got to work on real, impactful projects for KC. It wasn't your typical intern busy-work.

Paper products aren't the most interesting of consumer products. Even though my focus was on the manufacturing equipment, the fact that it all circled back to diapers or training pants made the work a bit less engaging.

KC is a fantastic place to work period. It is an incredibly collaborative work environment where people not only care about improving the business but about improving the lives of every person who uses a Kimberly-Clark product. And no matter how high or low you are in the company, you know you are making significant contributions. Even as an intern people listened to my ideas and respected me as an engineer. KC also puts a lot of emphasis on helping its employees through the classes and seminars they offer and the huge emphasis they put on safety. There is also plenty of options to move around in the company whether it is to a different location, a different product line, or a totally different function of the business. You can stay within the company but still work on a huge variety of projects.

Advice to Management

An annual training for managers/mentors might be helpful. Often times its been a few years since a manager has had a co-op, or the management is simply not aware of recent changes to the co-op program, and it can be confusing for first-term co-ops when they hear conflicting messages from the HR staff and their managers.

Date: 2013

Project based CO-OP within a team of engineers

The location is relatively close to home and school. There are many other interns working at the same time so it is not hard to meet people here. Relaxed work place, no one gets on you for asking questions.

I would like to be more incorporated into the larger projects and not do so much of the beginners work all of the time. It is hard to stay awake during meetings when you are not involved with anything that is going on.

Kimberly Clark is a great place to work if you are an outgoing person. The atmosphere around the office is excellent. It is not frowned upon to speak with managers or anyone of a higher seniority, and they are even helpful in preparing you to maybe one day take their position. This is not a cutthroat environment, which in turn also affects your ability to move up in the company quickly. To move up quickly you would need to accept moving from one state to another fairly often.

Advice to Management

It is talked about that Kimberly Clark has a very competitive starting salary, but as you stay with the company, you must be willing to move or you will not be able to move up into higher positions and that if you do not do this they are uncompetitive in raises. It would be nice to get this clarified or even just know who to speak with on this subject.