Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

A Challenging Experience to Learn and Grow

The people I worked with, the projects I was assigned, the responsibility I was given, the opportunity to travel with my team, and the effort of multiple people to invest in me during my time here.

Not being able to spend more time with the co-ops.

Kimberly Clark values it's co-op program more than most companies I have seen. They invest in you as if you were a real employee and want to give you opportunities to succeed, but more importantly want to see you grow in character, leadership, and as a professional. You will have real projects with real responsibility but with the support of your mentor, manager, team, the co-op community, as well as several other random people within the company. It is an experience not to be missed.

Advice to Management

More visibility from people higher in the company.

Experiancing the Responsibilitys of the Work World

Everybody is nice and quite helpful. There is a lot of respect and camraderie amongts the workers.

Communication for the first day was a little rocky.

Don't be afraid of asking too many questions; there are no such things.

Holy Acronym

Work/life balance, great people, summer hours, dress code, travel, events

Mornings, Redundancy

Work hard and ask questions. Everyone is willing to help

Advice to Management

I would love more money, but who doesn't. I really like my role and positiion. Training and onboarding could imporve

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Date: 2013

Great learning experience and opportunity for career development and growth

Being on a customer team and being able to do actual work for the company.

The group project and the fact that sales offices were in suburbs, not the city that was mentioned in offer letter.

It is important to consider company culture. Culture at K-C can not be beat. It is a great place to work and everyone on the team is very helpful.

Date: 2013

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear) -Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences -Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer) -Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

Date: 2013

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

Process Engineer on the Move

The best aspect was being able to see the outcome of an action immediately

The worst was having to spend time on my computer for the day

Make sure that you read all the material about a project before beginning it. It may solve many future mistakes.

Date: 2013

Fantastic people and projects, cumbersome paperwork!

We don't do stupid grunt work. We actually contribute and full-timers make an effort to develop us.

It's not always clear what Kimberly Clark requires to do something (paperwork), so there's a lot of time wasted trying to dig that up. Lists are good.

The people are great. The projects deal with unexciting material, but they move fast and are challenging.

Advice to Management

Pay interns/co-ops more. Work to streamline process of getting things done. Paperwork is not always clear and it is not clear what paperwork needs to be done.