Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Experiancing the Responsibilitys of the Work World

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody is nice and quite helpful. There is a lot of respect and camraderie amongts the workers.

Communication for the first day was a little rocky.

Don't be afraid of asking too many questions; there are no such things.

Always something to learn

Mobile, AL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being close to home

Not being able to visit other mills

It is easy to feel at home here because everyone is so friendly/helpful. Mill located only 1 hour from several beaches. This mill has alot of growing potential.

Process Engineer on the Move

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was being able to see the outcome of an action immediately

The worst was having to spend time on my computer for the day

Make sure that you read all the material about a project before beginning it. It may solve many future mistakes.

An internship with Kimberly-Clark provides valuable work experience, a great work environment and future opportunities.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

During my internship, my projects were all projects that full-time employees would've had to complete if I were not there. This was great because it meant I was working on tasks that I would if I were a full-time employee here and meant that I could get a feel for what it would be like working for KC permanently. Another great opportunity with KC is that co-ops usually get to travel to another KC location to see the differences of working in different places. Kimberly-Clark was also great at getting a variety of different projects for me to work on... meaning I wasn't working on the same thing day after day. One of the best (and most unexpected) aspects was the overall feel of the company as well. Even though KC is a larger company, they still retain the "small business" attitude in regards to treatment of employees (and employees treatment of each other), treatment of customers/consumers and quality/improvement of their products.

There is some lull time when it comes to getting information or getting approval from different people for a project. This can delay the project more often than not. There are also some "company required" meetings/training that don't necessarily apply to interns but are still required for interns to attend. Overall the cons of the internship were minor though in comparison to all the benefits from the experience.

If your interested in a great networking opportunity Kimberly-Clark is the place. Everyone (from upper level management) is approachable and willing to speak with you. If you express interest in another department or location (across the world) it's very easy to speak with someone who can get you opportunities in those locations as well. Again, the variety of projects available exposes you to a lot of different potential future roles and helps you figure out what to do after college.

Advice to Management

Provided housing or housing/rent compensation would be very helpful and would definitely affect new/returning intern retention.

Exciting, Challenging, and Rewarding

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that I was able to network with so many people in the company and touch so many facets of business from customers, marketing research, packaging, strategy, channel teams, etc..

The internship is fast paced and you get meaty projects. Sometimes the projects felt too big to get accomplished in 12 weeks.

My advice to interns about this potential employer is that if you want to see/work in small town America for a big CPG firm that will give you a ton of opportunity and experience then KC is for you. If you need the big city life then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to management is to define the scope of your projects so that they are not so big that the work is overwhelming.

Full time responsibilities and real world experience

Knoxville, TN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining real life / real world experiences. There have been lots of opportunities for learning. The work enviornment is pleasing and everyone is helpful and friendly.

No issues at this time

Do the internship

Accurate experience in the manucafturing and converting industry.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I greatly appreciated the operators taking initiative to help me out with various tasks.

I did not like that there was no quiet place or time to get to know the operators. However, this is a condition that engineers must learn to work with.

An Engineering Co-Op term at Kimberly-Clark will get you real experience as an engineer in the manufacturing industry. That means you will work on projects, both short-term and long-term that improve the efficiency and quality of the existing processes. These processes not only involve the machinery but also the procedures which people carry out.

For Process Engineers: Know Microsoft Ecxel

For Mechanical Engineers: Know SolidWorks

Advice to Management

Keep improving. - I am confident that this term was better than the last and the next term will be better than this one.

Perhaps establish a company directory that is organized by plant and departments.

Great Learning Experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to work on a variety of projects, and there are a lot of other co-ops so there is always something to do.

There was a lot of training that was not neccessary.

For electrical engineers, expect to do a lot of programming.

Much Growth Still to Come

pay and benefits

housing and traffic

fix the housing situation (purchase apartments and charge interns subsidized rent)

Kimberly-Clark offers a great opportunity for undertaking a real, meaningful internship project

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of leeway and responsibility we were given. I was not only expected to come up with ideas or recommendations, but also to execute the recommendations before the end of my term.

Long drive from downtown ATL (40 minutes).

Don't expect to be led by the hand; take initiative and you'll do great.