Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

Gaining Knowledge through Sales Analysis at Kimberly-Clark
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Analytical work

Retail visits

Problem Solving and Value Added Work

Confusion with travel arrangements and housing

Learning curve on Nitro training

Network with everyone possible within your sales office

Take the time to really understand the databases during training because they are a big part of your individual projects

Really try to figure out how you can apply class work to your experience

Ask questions

See how your work can be value-added work

Real World Experience Ahead
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to learn with a hands-on approach.

It can require some long days to achieve your goals/objectives.

Be ready to get exposure to high speed manufacturing equipment. You will also get some insight on how a global company operates.

Advice to Management

More engineering resources in specific departments. Lack of support engineers, leads to work overload.

Always something to learn
Mobile, AL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being close to home

Not being able to visit other mills

It is easy to feel at home here because everyone is so friendly/helpful. Mill located only 1 hour from several beaches. This mill has alot of growing potential.

A really useful co-op experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversity of projects, actually doing engineering work and not just what my mentor doesn't have time to do. Having ownership of my projects and the ability to work at my own pace with my own ideas and not structured to one way of thinking

Near the end of summer some fulltime empolyees are tired of answer co-ops questions

Come prepared to work hard because this isn't just a typical internship. You will be busy for 8-10 hours everyday doing real work and not just getting coffee for your boss

Awesome work oppertunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People you work with, interesting projects, and flexable hours

There is nothing that is a con about my internship

Make sure you follow up after your interview

Advice to Management

Be better at following up with people

A great opportunity to obtain industrial experience and stregthen career development.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, ability to work independently, create a strong network, gain research experience.

Would have liked more exposure to more areas of the business.

Network with other employees and take adavantage of leadership opportunities within your team and social networks.

The Kimberly Clark Experience -- Everyone should try it! We all need it!

Flexibility

The unorganized requirements of co-ops job roles as well as unorganized items mentors are suppose to teach you.

The positives out weigh the negatives, lots of nice people, great flexibility, a company that makes products that we will always need the company will always have customers to sell to.

Advice to Management

Better compenstation. More organized training for the mentors to give the co-ops.

Kimberly-Clark offers a great opportunity for undertaking a real, meaningful internship project
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of leeway and responsibility we were given. I was not only expected to come up with ideas or recommendations, but also to execute the recommendations before the end of my term.

Long drive from downtown ATL (40 minutes).

Don't expect to be led by the hand; take initiative and you'll do great.

Gained valuable knowledge and experience that can be used wherever I may go.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great Culture, very supporting team, great experience, opportunity to travel to other locations, opportunities to connect with the many other co-ops.

Spend a lot of the time in an office, don't always get chances to get out and do things in the mills.

Very Friendly environment, lots of room to grow and try new areas of the company.

Excellent company culture, caring and helpful people, boring work assignments and products
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Co-op/intern program is great. The number of co-ops/interns made making friends and organizing activities after work very easy. Mentor was very positive and helpful. Most people I worked with were friendly, helpful, and intelligent. Beautiful facilities. Work events with free food. Able to learn new computer skills. Given opportunity to lead a project.

Work is computer based data analysis, which was boring. Not enough chances to work with product or do exciting projects. Work assignments are typically not pre-planned due to the trouble-shooting nature of my position. I was not able to be put on much long-term project work.

Do not get placed in Life Cycle Maximization as a process engineer. Talk to your mentor/manager about what you want to accomplish. If your position is not interesting or challenging to you, ask for opportunities on other teams.

Advice to Management

The first week of the co-op, teach the co-ops about all the departments and roles at the location. Make sure they have the option of switching teams. Do not hire so many chemical engineers to be process engineers. Hire more industrial engineers to be process engineers. Offer a rotational program for full-time employees. Fire employees that are "coasting" for over a decade.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)