Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Good pay, great people, overall excellent experience.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

For me personally, the team that I was able to work with were extremely helpful and friendly and they vastly improved my overall work experience. The pay was also nice.

The onboarding process.

I would work here given the opportunity and I would recommend anyone who is qualified to apply here. Kimberly Clark overall seems to be an employee oriented company.

The Kimberly Clark Experience -- Everyone should try it! We all need it!

Flexibility

The unorganized requirements of co-ops job roles as well as unorganized items mentors are suppose to teach you.

The positives out weigh the negatives, lots of nice people, great flexibility, a company that makes products that we will always need the company will always have customers to sell to.

Advice to Management

Better compenstation. More organized training for the mentors to give the co-ops.

Interested in Career Development with a leading consumer brand company? Kimberly-Clark is the place for you!

The Culture.

Didn't travel.

Be open minded and willing to learn. I never stopped learning at KC!

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.
Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

Great overall experience, with many opportunities and potential to grow as a person.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning technical skills while also learning about the company and business in general.

The lack of information going into the internship about the details of the job, the department, and where the office is even located.

Take every opportunity given to you, never say no. The more you experience, the more you will learn, and the better off you will be in the future.

Always something to learn
Mobile, AL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being close to home

Not being able to visit other mills

It is easy to feel at home here because everyone is so friendly/helpful. Mill located only 1 hour from several beaches. This mill has alot of growing potential.

An internship with Kimberly-Clark provides valuable work experience, a great work environment and future opportunities.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

During my internship, my projects were all projects that full-time employees would've had to complete if I were not there. This was great because it meant I was working on tasks that I would if I were a full-time employee here and meant that I could get a feel for what it would be like working for KC permanently. Another great opportunity with KC is that co-ops usually get to travel to another KC location to see the differences of working in different places. Kimberly-Clark was also great at getting a variety of different projects for me to work on... meaning I wasn't working on the same thing day after day. One of the best (and most unexpected) aspects was the overall feel of the company as well. Even though KC is a larger company, they still retain the "small business" attitude in regards to treatment of employees (and employees treatment of each other), treatment of customers/consumers and quality/improvement of their products.

There is some lull time when it comes to getting information or getting approval from different people for a project. This can delay the project more often than not. There are also some "company required" meetings/training that don't necessarily apply to interns but are still required for interns to attend. Overall the cons of the internship were minor though in comparison to all the benefits from the experience.

If your interested in a great networking opportunity Kimberly-Clark is the place. Everyone (from upper level management) is approachable and willing to speak with you. If you express interest in another department or location (across the world) it's very easy to speak with someone who can get you opportunities in those locations as well. Again, the variety of projects available exposes you to a lot of different potential future roles and helps you figure out what to do after college.

Advice to Management

Provided housing or housing/rent compensation would be very helpful and would definitely affect new/returning intern retention.

Gaining Knowledge through Sales Analysis at Kimberly-Clark
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Analytical work

Retail visits

Problem Solving and Value Added Work

Confusion with travel arrangements and housing

Learning curve on Nitro training

Network with everyone possible within your sales office

Take the time to really understand the databases during training because they are a big part of your individual projects

Really try to figure out how you can apply class work to your experience

Ask questions

See how your work can be value-added work