Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Good experience, culture, and work

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly.

I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

Challenge That Rewards

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

Project Efficiency

Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

A Challenging Experience to Learn and Grow

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the projects I was assigned, the responsibility I was given, the opportunity to travel with my team, and the effort of multiple people to invest in me during my time here.

Not being able to spend more time with the co-ops.

Kimberly Clark values it's co-op program more than most companies I have seen. They invest in you as if you were a real employee and want to give you opportunities to succeed, but more importantly want to see you grow in character, leadership, and as a professional. You will have real projects with real responsibility but with the support of your mentor, manager, team, the co-op community, as well as several other random people within the company. It is an experience not to be missed.

Advice to Management

More visibility from people higher in the company.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Great learning experience and opportunity for career development and growth

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being on a customer team and being able to do actual work for the company.

The group project and the fact that sales offices were in suburbs, not the city that was mentioned in offer letter.

It is important to consider company culture. Culture at K-C can not be beat. It is a great place to work and everyone on the team is very helpful.

Despite a large amount of engineering being outsourced it is still a great place to work.

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

they really take care of there people at KC. As well they try to give you a good feel for all of the different aspects of the company

that i was not able to do very much engineering

If you are going into engineering and you want to do all the design work this is not the place for you. The engineering program is geared toward managing outside vendor. As well if you are an EE your job is primarily software based.

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear)

-Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences

-Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer)

-Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.