Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Great work environment, real and impactful projects, and an incredible learning opportunity

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were all so friendly, knowledgable, and willing to share their time and expertise with me. I got to work on real, impactful projects for KC. It wasn't your typical intern busy-work.

Paper products aren't the most interesting of consumer products. Even though my focus was on the manufacturing equipment, the fact that it all circled back to diapers or training pants made the work a bit less engaging.

KC is a fantastic place to work period. It is an incredibly collaborative work environment where people not only care about improving the business but about improving the lives of every person who uses a Kimberly-Clark product. And no matter how high or low you are in the company, you know you are making significant contributions. Even as an intern people listened to my ideas and respected me as an engineer. KC also puts a lot of emphasis on helping its employees through the classes and seminars they offer and the huge emphasis they put on safety. There is also plenty of options to move around in the company whether it is to a different location, a different product line, or a totally different function of the business. You can stay within the company but still work on a huge variety of projects.

Advice to Management

An annual training for managers/mentors might be helpful. Often times its been a few years since a manager has had a co-op, or the management is simply not aware of recent changes to the co-op program, and it can be confusing for first-term co-ops when they hear conflicting messages from the HR staff and their managers.

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.

Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

Solving Real Engineering Problems While Still Learning New Skills And Techniques

Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility of works hours, and getting whatever help you need

Sometimes communication can be slow

You get what you put in. If you desire more challenging work there is always more that can be done.

Challenge That Rewards

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

Full time responsibilities and real world experience

Knoxville, TN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining real life / real world experiences. There have been lots of opportunities for learning. The work enviornment is pleasing and everyone is helpful and friendly.

No issues at this time

Do the internship

Gaining Knowledge through Sales Analysis at Kimberly-Clark

Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Analytical work

Retail visits

Problem Solving and Value Added Work

Confusion with travel arrangements and housing

Learning curve on Nitro training

Network with everyone possible within your sales office

Take the time to really understand the databases during training because they are a big part of your individual projects

Really try to figure out how you can apply class work to your experience

Ask questions

See how your work can be value-added work

Exciting, Challenging, and Rewarding

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that I was able to network with so many people in the company and touch so many facets of business from customers, marketing research, packaging, strategy, channel teams, etc..

The internship is fast paced and you get meaty projects. Sometimes the projects felt too big to get accomplished in 12 weeks.

My advice to interns about this potential employer is that if you want to see/work in small town America for a big CPG firm that will give you a ton of opportunity and experience then KC is for you. If you need the big city life then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to management is to define the scope of your projects so that they are not so big that the work is overwhelming.

Experiancing the Responsibilitys of the Work World

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody is nice and quite helpful. There is a lot of respect and camraderie amongts the workers.

Communication for the first day was a little rocky.

Don't be afraid of asking too many questions; there are no such things.

True to Life Process Engineering Co-op, Well worth the experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects that were high priority for the machines' success, ownership of my projects, schedule flexibility, willingness of coworkers to teach and work with me, strong engineering mentorship relations

I became frustrated with certain individual's refusal to follow through, but that is common to every work place. I didn't have many "cons."

Safety is king, you are expected to be safe and will be kept as safe as possible in the work place. There are both union and nonunion mills, if that is a concern to you. Kimberly-Clark is a fair employer, and the opportunity to move upward in management is there if you are ambitious.