Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Project based CO-OP within a team of engineers

The location is relatively close to home and school. There are many other interns working at the same time so it is not hard to meet people here. Relaxed work place, no one gets on you for asking questions.

I would like to be more incorporated into the larger projects and not do so much of the beginners work all of the time. It is hard to stay awake during meetings when you are not involved with anything that is going on.

Kimberly Clark is a great place to work if you are an outgoing person. The atmosphere around the office is excellent. It is not frowned upon to speak with managers or anyone of a higher seniority, and they are even helpful in preparing you to maybe one day take their position. This is not a cutthroat environment, which in turn also affects your ability to move up in the company quickly. To move up quickly you would need to accept moving from one state to another fairly often.

Advice to Management

It is talked about that Kimberly Clark has a very competitive starting salary, but as you stay with the company, you must be willing to move or you will not be able to move up into higher positions and that if you do not do this they are uncompetitive in raises. It would be nice to get this clarified or even just know who to speak with on this subject.

Date: 2013

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

Date: 2013

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear) -Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences -Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer) -Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

Date: 2013

Learning how to launch promotion specific to retailer

Focus on our individual growth

I liked that the majority of the program was focused on our project. I thought the first week of introduction was a little crammed/overwhelming.

Be personable and confident and show that you're working hard.

Date: 2013

Interested in Career Development with a leading consumer brand company? Kimberly-Clark is the place for you!

The Culture.

Didn't travel.

Be open minded and willing to learn. I never stopped learning at KC!

Date: 2013

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

Date: 2013

Fantastic people and projects, cumbersome paperwork!

We don't do stupid grunt work. We actually contribute and full-timers make an effort to develop us.

It's not always clear what Kimberly Clark requires to do something (paperwork), so there's a lot of time wasted trying to dig that up. Lists are good.

The people are great. The projects deal with unexciting material, but they move fast and are challenging.

Advice to Management

Pay interns/co-ops more. Work to streamline process of getting things done. Paperwork is not always clear and it is not clear what paperwork needs to be done.

Date: 2013

Gained valuable knowledge and experience that can be used wherever I may go.

Great Culture, very supporting team, great experience, opportunity to travel to other locations, opportunities to connect with the many other co-ops.

Spend a lot of the time in an office, don't always get chances to get out and do things in the mills.

Very Friendly environment, lots of room to grow and try new areas of the company.