Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.

A Challenging Experience to Learn and Grow

The people I worked with, the projects I was assigned, the responsibility I was given, the opportunity to travel with my team, and the effort of multiple people to invest in me during my time here.

Not being able to spend more time with the co-ops.

Kimberly Clark values it's co-op program more than most companies I have seen. They invest in you as if you were a real employee and want to give you opportunities to succeed, but more importantly want to see you grow in character, leadership, and as a professional. You will have real projects with real responsibility but with the support of your mentor, manager, team, the co-op community, as well as several other random people within the company. It is an experience not to be missed.

Advice to Management

More visibility from people higher in the company.

Date: 2013

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Date: 2013

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

- Flexsible work hours when needed - Competitive salary - Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Project Efficiency

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

Date: 2013

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Process Engineer on the Move

The best aspect was being able to see the outcome of an action immediately

The worst was having to spend time on my computer for the day

Make sure that you read all the material about a project before beginning it. It may solve many future mistakes.

Date: 2013

Solving Real Engineering Problems While Still Learning New Skills And Techniques

The flexibility of works hours, and getting whatever help you need

Sometimes communication can be slow

You get what you put in. If you desire more challenging work there is always more that can be done.

Holy Acronym

Work/life balance, great people, summer hours, dress code, travel, events

Mornings, Redundancy

Work hard and ask questions. Everyone is willing to help

Advice to Management

I would love more money, but who doesn't. I really like my role and positiion. Training and onboarding could imporve

Exciting, Challenging, and Rewarding

The best aspects of my internship was that I was able to network with so many people in the company and touch so many facets of business from customers, marketing research, packaging, strategy, channel teams, etc..

The internship is fast paced and you get meaty projects. Sometimes the projects felt too big to get accomplished in 12 weeks.

My advice to interns about this potential employer is that if you want to see/work in small town America for a big CPG firm that will give you a ton of opportunity and experience then KC is for you. If you need the big city life then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to management is to define the scope of your projects so that they are not so big that the work is overwhelming.