Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

The Kimberly Clark Experience -- Everyone should try it! We all need it!

Flexibility

The unorganized requirements of co-ops job roles as well as unorganized items mentors are suppose to teach you.

The positives out weigh the negatives, lots of nice people, great flexibility, a company that makes products that we will always need the company will always have customers to sell to.

Advice to Management

Better compenstation. More organized training for the mentors to give the co-ops.

A really useful co-op experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diversity of projects, actually doing engineering work and not just what my mentor doesn't have time to do. Having ownership of my projects and the ability to work at my own pace with my own ideas and not structured to one way of thinking

Near the end of summer some fulltime empolyees are tired of answer co-ops questions

Come prepared to work hard because this isn't just a typical internship. You will be busy for 8-10 hours everyday doing real work and not just getting coffee for your boss

A great opportunity to obtain industrial experience and stregthen career development.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, ability to work independently, create a strong network, gain research experience.

Would have liked more exposure to more areas of the business.

Network with other employees and take adavantage of leadership opportunities within your team and social networks.

Always something to learn

Mobile, AL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being close to home

Not being able to visit other mills

It is easy to feel at home here because everyone is so friendly/helpful. Mill located only 1 hour from several beaches. This mill has alot of growing potential.

Good pay, great people, overall excellent experience.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

For me personally, the team that I was able to work with were extremely helpful and friendly and they vastly improved my overall work experience. The pay was also nice.

The onboarding process.

I would work here given the opportunity and I would recommend anyone who is qualified to apply here. Kimberly Clark overall seems to be an employee oriented company.

An internship with Kimberly-Clark provides valuable work experience, a great work environment and future opportunities.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

During my internship, my projects were all projects that full-time employees would've had to complete if I were not there. This was great because it meant I was working on tasks that I would if I were a full-time employee here and meant that I could get a feel for what it would be like working for KC permanently. Another great opportunity with KC is that co-ops usually get to travel to another KC location to see the differences of working in different places. Kimberly-Clark was also great at getting a variety of different projects for me to work on... meaning I wasn't working on the same thing day after day. One of the best (and most unexpected) aspects was the overall feel of the company as well. Even though KC is a larger company, they still retain the "small business" attitude in regards to treatment of employees (and employees treatment of each other), treatment of customers/consumers and quality/improvement of their products.

There is some lull time when it comes to getting information or getting approval from different people for a project. This can delay the project more often than not. There are also some "company required" meetings/training that don't necessarily apply to interns but are still required for interns to attend. Overall the cons of the internship were minor though in comparison to all the benefits from the experience.

If your interested in a great networking opportunity Kimberly-Clark is the place. Everyone (from upper level management) is approachable and willing to speak with you. If you express interest in another department or location (across the world) it's very easy to speak with someone who can get you opportunities in those locations as well. Again, the variety of projects available exposes you to a lot of different potential future roles and helps you figure out what to do after college.

Advice to Management

Provided housing or housing/rent compensation would be very helpful and would definitely affect new/returning intern retention.

Accurate experience in the manucafturing and converting industry.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I greatly appreciated the operators taking initiative to help me out with various tasks.

I did not like that there was no quiet place or time to get to know the operators. However, this is a condition that engineers must learn to work with.

An Engineering Co-Op term at Kimberly-Clark will get you real experience as an engineer in the manufacturing industry. That means you will work on projects, both short-term and long-term that improve the efficiency and quality of the existing processes. These processes not only involve the machinery but also the procedures which people carry out.

For Process Engineers: Know Microsoft Ecxel

For Mechanical Engineers: Know SolidWorks

Advice to Management

Keep improving. - I am confident that this term was better than the last and the next term will be better than this one.

Perhaps establish a company directory that is organized by plant and departments.

Kimberly-Clark offers a great opportunity for undertaking a real, meaningful internship project

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of leeway and responsibility we were given. I was not only expected to come up with ideas or recommendations, but also to execute the recommendations before the end of my term.

Long drive from downtown ATL (40 minutes).

Don't expect to be led by the hand; take initiative and you'll do great.

Real World Experience Ahead

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to learn with a hands-on approach.

It can require some long days to achieve your goals/objectives.

Be ready to get exposure to high speed manufacturing equipment. You will also get some insight on how a global company operates.

Advice to Management

More engineering resources in specific departments. Lack of support engineers, leads to work overload.

Excellent company culture, caring and helpful people, boring work assignments and products

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Co-op/intern program is great. The number of co-ops/interns made making friends and organizing activities after work very easy. Mentor was very positive and helpful. Most people I worked with were friendly, helpful, and intelligent. Beautiful facilities. Work events with free food. Able to learn new computer skills. Given opportunity to lead a project.

Work is computer based data analysis, which was boring. Not enough chances to work with product or do exciting projects. Work assignments are typically not pre-planned due to the trouble-shooting nature of my position. I was not able to be put on much long-term project work.

Do not get placed in Life Cycle Maximization as a process engineer. Talk to your mentor/manager about what you want to accomplish. If your position is not interesting or challenging to you, ask for opportunities on other teams.

Advice to Management

The first week of the co-op, teach the co-ops about all the departments and roles at the location. Make sure they have the option of switching teams. Do not hire so many chemical engineers to be process engineers. Hire more industrial engineers to be process engineers. Offer a rotational program for full-time employees. Fire employees that are "coasting" for over a decade.