Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Gaining an insight into the customer development division of Kimberly-Clark
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Taking ownership of a project and completing value-added work for the company

Not have a dailyrole for the team, but instead working on a project

KC has an amazing company culture and this opportunity provides wonderful experience that allows an intern to add value to a multi-billion dollar company

Good experience, culture, and work
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly.

I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

A Challenging Experience to Learn and Grow
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the projects I was assigned, the responsibility I was given, the opportunity to travel with my team, and the effort of multiple people to invest in me during my time here.

Not being able to spend more time with the co-ops.

Kimberly Clark values it's co-op program more than most companies I have seen. They invest in you as if you were a real employee and want to give you opportunities to succeed, but more importantly want to see you grow in character, leadership, and as a professional. You will have real projects with real responsibility but with the support of your mentor, manager, team, the co-op community, as well as several other random people within the company. It is an experience not to be missed.

Advice to Management

More visibility from people higher in the company.

Solving Real Engineering Problems While Still Learning New Skills And Techniques
Augusta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility of works hours, and getting whatever help you need

Sometimes communication can be slow

You get what you put in. If you desire more challenging work there is always more that can be done.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Challenge That Rewards
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear)

-Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences

-Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer)

-Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Great learning experience and opportunity for career development and growth
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being on a customer team and being able to do actual work for the company.

The group project and the fact that sales offices were in suburbs, not the city that was mentioned in offer letter.

It is important to consider company culture. Culture at K-C can not be beat. It is a great place to work and everyone on the team is very helpful.