4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Learning how to launch promotion specific to retailer
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Focus on our individual growth

I liked that the majority of the program was focused on our project. I thought the first week of introduction was a little crammed/overwhelming.

Be personable and confident and show that you're working hard.

A Challenging Experience to Learn and Grow
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the projects I was assigned, the responsibility I was given, the opportunity to travel with my team, and the effort of multiple people to invest in me during my time here.

Not being able to spend more time with the co-ops.

Kimberly Clark values it's co-op program more than most companies I have seen. They invest in you as if you were a real employee and want to give you opportunities to succeed, but more importantly want to see you grow in character, leadership, and as a professional. You will have real projects with real responsibility but with the support of your mentor, manager, team, the co-op community, as well as several other random people within the company. It is an experience not to be missed.

Advice to Management

More visibility from people higher in the company.

Gaining an insight into the customer development division of Kimberly-Clark
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Taking ownership of a project and completing value-added work for the company

Not have a dailyrole for the team, but instead working on a project

KC has an amazing company culture and this opportunity provides wonderful experience that allows an intern to add value to a multi-billion dollar company

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.
Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Great mentoring, great people, hard work but a lot of fun
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the best thing about my co-op so far is that the company has given me a great mentor and has paid for me to get the training I need in order to succeed. I also love that they have a health center that is free to use for any KC employee and I have taken full advantage of that. I have made friendships that I hope will last a lifetime and met so many different and interesting people. There is so much to do in Fox Valley that it is really easy to balance work and fun. And KC pays their co-ops and interns very well, which allows us all to take advantage of the fun things that the Fox Valley has to offer.

There are times when my mentor and other senior engineers are just too busy to help me out or guide me with my projects, which sometimes makes work difficult.

KC is a great place to work. The projects are challenging but interesting and it is really an exciting feeling to see your project all the way through from start to finish and from design to reality. Everyone that I work with treats me like a co-worker and not just another college kid, which feels good when trying to establish yourself at work. KC provides each intern/co-op with their own mentor that they report to, get projects from, and most importantly, get help from. My mentor has been extremely helpful and has taught me a lot about Kimberly-Clark and about electrical engineering in general. I know that other co-ops and interns would say the same about their mentors as well.

Advice to Management

Compensation is more than enough, especially for a college kid trying to pay off school and other bills. The hours are amazing and during summer you can leave any time you want to on Fridays as long as you have worked 40 hours. I think overall KC has exceeded my expectations in terms of management and being a great place to work. There are small things and hoops to jump through when trying to complete a project, but those things are in place for safety reasons and I know that and respect that.