4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Great learning experience and opportunity for career development and growth
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being on a customer team and being able to do actual work for the company.

The group project and the fact that sales offices were in suburbs, not the city that was mentioned in offer letter.

It is important to consider company culture. Culture at K-C can not be beat. It is a great place to work and everyone on the team is very helpful.

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Great work environment, real and impactful projects, and an incredible learning opportunity
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were all so friendly, knowledgable, and willing to share their time and expertise with me. I got to work on real, impactful projects for KC. It wasn't your typical intern busy-work.

Paper products aren't the most interesting of consumer products. Even though my focus was on the manufacturing equipment, the fact that it all circled back to diapers or training pants made the work a bit less engaging.

KC is a fantastic place to work period. It is an incredibly collaborative work environment where people not only care about improving the business but about improving the lives of every person who uses a Kimberly-Clark product. And no matter how high or low you are in the company, you know you are making significant contributions. Even as an intern people listened to my ideas and respected me as an engineer. KC also puts a lot of emphasis on helping its employees through the classes and seminars they offer and the huge emphasis they put on safety. There is also plenty of options to move around in the company whether it is to a different location, a different product line, or a totally different function of the business. You can stay within the company but still work on a huge variety of projects.

Advice to Management

An annual training for managers/mentors might be helpful. Often times its been a few years since a manager has had a co-op, or the management is simply not aware of recent changes to the co-op program, and it can be confusing for first-term co-ops when they hear conflicting messages from the HR staff and their managers.

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Project Efficiency
Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

How Produtive and Efficient Can a process be while ensuring safety to be our first priority.
Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture of K-C made my time went so fast.

How interns dosent get every other fridays off. ( As compared to other full time engineers)

Must be well spoken.

Advice to Management

Diversity.

Challenge That Rewards
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.