Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Project based CO-OP within a team of engineers

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location is relatively close to home and school. There are many other interns working at the same time so it is not hard to meet people here. Relaxed work place, no one gets on you for asking questions.

I would like to be more incorporated into the larger projects and not do so much of the beginners work all of the time. It is hard to stay awake during meetings when you are not involved with anything that is going on.

Kimberly Clark is a great place to work if you are an outgoing person. The atmosphere around the office is excellent. It is not frowned upon to speak with managers or anyone of a higher seniority, and they are even helpful in preparing you to maybe one day take their position. This is not a cutthroat environment, which in turn also affects your ability to move up in the company quickly. To move up quickly you would need to accept moving from one state to another fairly often.

Advice to Management

It is talked about that Kimberly Clark has a very competitive starting salary, but as you stay with the company, you must be willing to move or you will not be able to move up into higher positions and that if you do not do this they are uncompetitive in raises. It would be nice to get this clarified or even just know who to speak with on this subject.

Learning how to launch promotion specific to retailer

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Focus on our individual growth

I liked that the majority of the program was focused on our project. I thought the first week of introduction was a little crammed/overwhelming.

Be personable and confident and show that you're working hard.

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear)

-Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences

-Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer)

-Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.

How Produtive and Efficient Can a process be while ensuring safety to be our first priority.

Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture of K-C made my time went so fast.

How interns dosent get every other fridays off. ( As compared to other full time engineers)

Must be well spoken.

Advice to Management

Diversity.

Gaining an insight into the customer development division of Kimberly-Clark

Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Taking ownership of a project and completing value-added work for the company

Not have a dailyrole for the team, but instead working on a project

KC has an amazing company culture and this opportunity provides wonderful experience that allows an intern to add value to a multi-billion dollar company

Full time responsibilities and real world experience

Knoxville, TN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining real life / real world experiences. There have been lots of opportunities for learning. The work enviornment is pleasing and everyone is helpful and friendly.

No issues at this time

Do the internship

Exciting, Challenging, and Rewarding

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that I was able to network with so many people in the company and touch so many facets of business from customers, marketing research, packaging, strategy, channel teams, etc..

The internship is fast paced and you get meaty projects. Sometimes the projects felt too big to get accomplished in 12 weeks.

My advice to interns about this potential employer is that if you want to see/work in small town America for a big CPG firm that will give you a ton of opportunity and experience then KC is for you. If you need the big city life then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

The only advice I have to management is to define the scope of your projects so that they are not so big that the work is overwhelming.