Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Project Efficiency

Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

Good experience, culture, and work

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly.

I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear)

-Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences

-Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer)

-Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

Great learning experience and opportunity for career development and growth

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being on a customer team and being able to do actual work for the company.

The group project and the fact that sales offices were in suburbs, not the city that was mentioned in offer letter.

It is important to consider company culture. Culture at K-C can not be beat. It is a great place to work and everyone on the team is very helpful.

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.