Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Solving Real Engineering Problems While Still Learning New Skills And Techniques

The flexibility of works hours, and getting whatever help you need

Sometimes communication can be slow

You get what you put in. If you desire more challenging work there is always more that can be done.

Date: 2013

A variety of projects and tasks to create a well rounded full time prospect

The team that I got to work with.

nothing really

Strong company with a good work environment. Hours may be long occasionally but worth it in the long run

Advice to Management

Litterally a brighter work environment. The standard office dull colors and low lighting goes against productivity.

Holy Acronym

Work/life balance, great people, summer hours, dress code, travel, events

Mornings, Redundancy

Work hard and ask questions. Everyone is willing to help

Advice to Management

I would love more money, but who doesn't. I really like my role and positiion. Training and onboarding could imporve

Date: 2013

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

- Flexsible work hours when needed - Competitive salary - Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Project Efficiency

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

Date: 2013

A project based experience that heightened professionalism, and improved strategy skills.

Quality of life, good salary, great people

There is no option to stay on through the school year.

Read the 10K's.

Date: 2013

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear) -Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences -Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer) -Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

True to Life Process Engineering Co-op, Well worth the experience

Working on projects that were high priority for the machines' success, ownership of my projects, schedule flexibility, willingness of coworkers to teach and work with me, strong engineering mentorship relations

I became frustrated with certain individual's refusal to follow through, but that is common to every work place. I didn't have many "cons."

Safety is king, you are expected to be safe and will be kept as safe as possible in the work place. There are both union and nonunion mills, if that is a concern to you. Kimberly-Clark is a fair employer, and the opportunity to move upward in management is there if you are ambitious.