Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

Challenge That Rewards

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

How Produtive and Efficient Can a process be while ensuring safety to be our first priority.

Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture of K-C made my time went so fast.

How interns dosent get every other fridays off. ( As compared to other full time engineers)

Must be well spoken.

Advice to Management

Diversity.

A real-world experience with great pay and networking with brilliant people

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Flexible hours during Summer (and in general, from what I hear)

-Very intelligent people that offer their knowlege from past experiences

-Personally, my assignmnents/objectives related well to the engineering industry; real-world experience

-Traveling (some may find this a positive; I would prefer not to)

As an intership, this offers a great experience to start a young career anywhere (based on my engineering co-op). Take everything seriously and professional, all the way from the initial interview to your final presentation. It appears the students who exceed are the ones who put every effort into their project possible. The ones who are average or below average do not take their projects seriously or professionally.

Advice to Management

-Communicate better with the co-ops between accepted offer after interview through the first week of work. At one point a few weeks before I started work here, I wasn't even sure if I still had a job (even though I accepted an offer)

-Certain aspects of the position that I accepted were not true, some positive some negative; I believe some of this was due to personnel changes/shifts within the company. From the time I accepted the job offer until I started work, I had (3) manager changes. I think this also contributed to the miscommunication prior to starting work.

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Despite a large amount of engineering being outsourced it is still a great place to work.

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

they really take care of there people at KC. As well they try to give you a good feel for all of the different aspects of the company

that i was not able to do very much engineering

If you are going into engineering and you want to do all the design work this is not the place for you. The engineering program is geared toward managing outside vendor. As well if you are an EE your job is primarily software based.

Great work environment, real and impactful projects, and an incredible learning opportunity

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were all so friendly, knowledgable, and willing to share their time and expertise with me. I got to work on real, impactful projects for KC. It wasn't your typical intern busy-work.

Paper products aren't the most interesting of consumer products. Even though my focus was on the manufacturing equipment, the fact that it all circled back to diapers or training pants made the work a bit less engaging.

KC is a fantastic place to work period. It is an incredibly collaborative work environment where people not only care about improving the business but about improving the lives of every person who uses a Kimberly-Clark product. And no matter how high or low you are in the company, you know you are making significant contributions. Even as an intern people listened to my ideas and respected me as an engineer. KC also puts a lot of emphasis on helping its employees through the classes and seminars they offer and the huge emphasis they put on safety. There is also plenty of options to move around in the company whether it is to a different location, a different product line, or a totally different function of the business. You can stay within the company but still work on a huge variety of projects.

Advice to Management

An annual training for managers/mentors might be helpful. Often times its been a few years since a manager has had a co-op, or the management is simply not aware of recent changes to the co-op program, and it can be confusing for first-term co-ops when they hear conflicting messages from the HR staff and their managers.

Great mentoring, great people, hard work but a lot of fun

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the best thing about my co-op so far is that the company has given me a great mentor and has paid for me to get the training I need in order to succeed. I also love that they have a health center that is free to use for any KC employee and I have taken full advantage of that. I have made friendships that I hope will last a lifetime and met so many different and interesting people. There is so much to do in Fox Valley that it is really easy to balance work and fun. And KC pays their co-ops and interns very well, which allows us all to take advantage of the fun things that the Fox Valley has to offer.

There are times when my mentor and other senior engineers are just too busy to help me out or guide me with my projects, which sometimes makes work difficult.

KC is a great place to work. The projects are challenging but interesting and it is really an exciting feeling to see your project all the way through from start to finish and from design to reality. Everyone that I work with treats me like a co-worker and not just another college kid, which feels good when trying to establish yourself at work. KC provides each intern/co-op with their own mentor that they report to, get projects from, and most importantly, get help from. My mentor has been extremely helpful and has taught me a lot about Kimberly-Clark and about electrical engineering in general. I know that other co-ops and interns would say the same about their mentors as well.

Advice to Management

Compensation is more than enough, especially for a college kid trying to pay off school and other bills. The hours are amazing and during summer you can leave any time you want to on Fridays as long as you have worked 40 hours. I think overall KC has exceeded my expectations in terms of management and being a great place to work. There are small things and hoops to jump through when trying to complete a project, but those things are in place for safety reasons and I know that and respect that.