Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Student given opportunity to experience workplace and learn and grow as a professional!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship has allowed me to experience what the actual work place will be like upon graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn to communicate with other professionals effectively and to grow as a member of the company. Having a mentor to answer questions and provide feedback has been tremendously useful. This experience has instilled confidence in me that I do have the abilities to contribute to my field.

The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. The people are very nice and encouraging. For the most part I feel that the work is interesting and fairly challenging.

Because my internship has only been a few months, I don't feel that I really know what I'm doing yet. More time here would help me to understand the standards and policies of my company, and allow me to work more independently. For the most part I do feel that I am respected and treated as a full-time employee, but occasionally I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My coop experience has been a great opportunity to learn and grow in my field. Not only have I had the opportunity to contribute to the company and learn about the workplace, I have some great work experience and most likely a job offer. My company is very encouraging to coops, and I generally feel respected and important.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful to have more of an understanding of the mill as a whole. I didn't ever know which projects were happening and who/what they involved. A more organized training of each person and the role they played would have been helpful.

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.

Amazing learning experience with an innovative and supportive team

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Feeling as though my project really had an impact

I would have liked to see more of the business rather than just the marketing communciations team, it would have been interesting to see different sides of the business to gain a better overall view rather than just a sector

They are truly an amazing company to work for!

Kimberly-Clark provides unforgettable opportunities you will not find elsewhere, and experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the exposure I have to the highest level of decision making. I've created a presentation for our CFO and have been given opportunities to participate in calls with our top 100 leaders in the organization. Being exposed to each high level aspect of this business, whether it be finance, one of our amazing brands' marketing strategies or innovation calls, has given me valuable insight I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to travel to Dallas last year for our Global Communications Summit. The fact they were willing to include me as an intern, shows how valuable each and every team member is to their function at K-C.

I truly do not have anything I would say I liked least about this internship. Everything I have done and experienced has led me to a valuable conclusion.

Often times when evaluating employers, you take into consideration pay, location and many other factors that seem important on face value. But, when you look a little deeper, it's the opportunities that are available to you that translate into the experience you can put on your resume. After a while, that long list of valuable experience will be what gets you to the job with the best pay, and ideal location. Kimberly-Clark gives you these opportunities, and many more in ways that other employers simply do not. Not only that, but it is a truly amazing place to work. Think about all of the opportunities you are hungry to have, the experiences you need to land that dream job -- and realize that this, not pay or location, should be the basis for your decision. Kimberly-Clark is a place for those who always want to learn something new; for those who want to be a part of something bigger; and for those who know that opportunity, not pay is the real value in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Bring younger talent into the discussions regarding innovation, and marketing. Growing up with all of these things surrounding everything we do, we may have more valuable insight than you think.

Gaining an insight into the customer development division of Kimberly-Clark

Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Taking ownership of a project and completing value-added work for the company

Not have a dailyrole for the team, but instead working on a project

KC has an amazing company culture and this opportunity provides wonderful experience that allows an intern to add value to a multi-billion dollar company

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.

Project Efficiency

Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.

Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.