Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

Great culture and great experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and people in the company are great to work with. You get real life work experience.

All the 8 hour long training classes

Dont be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Many of the training classes are very long with no hands on experience which makes it hard to retain information. This is one thing that should be changes so people get more out of the training sessions.

Development and design experiance you cannot buy anywhere.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is nice, flexible work hours, and many different things to work on. Saftey is very important.

That I had to share an office.

Be willing to try new things get out there and be reconized.

Advice to Management

Be known by more people. The name is not known but the products are.

Exciting research and development opportunity.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

Highly recommended opportunity for anyone interested in personal care products
Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture is great and relaxed, the pay is competitive, and they really take care of their co-ops and interns. I've done this summer internship twice and both my mentors have been very supportive. There are lots of co-op activities for anyone that wants to go out and get involved and have fun. Once you're in the co-op program, as long as you don't slack off, it seems pretty easy to get a job if you want it.

The only thing I didn't like about this term was that my project wasn't technically challenging in the ways I'm looking for. It was difficult and a little frustrating because what I was asked to study doesn't have reliable ways to quantitatively measure it because of how variable it is. But chemical engineering knowledge didn't help me. The only skills I used were basic problem solving skills, basic data analysis skills, and Microsoft Excel skills.

If you're a chemical engineer, you might be able to use most of the stuff you spent years learning in school. I think electrical and mechanical engineers probably get a better experience that way. But if that doesn't bother you, then I highly recommend interning/working here. It's a stable company with lots of opportunities, competitive pay, and a great culture.

Learning how to launch promotion specific to retailer
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Focus on our individual growth

I liked that the majority of the program was focused on our project. I thought the first week of introduction was a little crammed/overwhelming.

Be personable and confident and show that you're working hard.

Good experience, culture, and work
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly.

I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

How Produtive and Efficient Can a process be while ensuring safety to be our first priority.
Paris | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Culture of K-C made my time went so fast.

How interns dosent get every other fridays off. ( As compared to other full time engineers)

Must be well spoken.

Advice to Management

Diversity.

Opportunity to get experience doing actual engineering work in the field of Controls. Company has great CO-OP program.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Laid back, cheap apartment, manager and mentor were both helpful, pay was middle of the road but still a positive.

Lots of red tape to jump through to get anything done. The town is very small with very little to do outside of work.

KC values strong working relationships. Knowing people will help you get work done faster.

Kimberly-Clark offers students mentoring and technical skill development for accelerated career development
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with all of the people at Kimberly-Clark was the best part. Everyone here is so flexible and ready to help! They genuinely care about you as an employee, as a person, and as a student trying to gain experience.

Sometimes while planning things a long way out I would need to find work to do to occupy my time as I waited. These "filler" projects were interesting but did not contribute to my overall objectives.

Don't focus on what you are doing as much as who you will be working with. The people are what make the job fun, not the work itself.

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.