Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.

Date: 2013

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.

Date: 2013

Student given opportunity to experience workplace and learn and grow as a professional!

My internship has allowed me to experience what the actual work place will be like upon graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn to communicate with other professionals effectively and to grow as a member of the company. Having a mentor to answer questions and provide feedback has been tremendously useful. This experience has instilled confidence in me that I do have the abilities to contribute to my field. The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. The people are very nice and encouraging. For the most part I feel that the work is interesting and fairly challenging.

Because my internship has only been a few months, I don't feel that I really know what I'm doing yet. More time here would help me to understand the standards and policies of my company, and allow me to work more independently. For the most part I do feel that I am respected and treated as a full-time employee, but occasionally I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My coop experience has been a great opportunity to learn and grow in my field. Not only have I had the opportunity to contribute to the company and learn about the workplace, I have some great work experience and most likely a job offer. My company is very encouraging to coops, and I generally feel respected and important.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful to have more of an understanding of the mill as a whole. I didn't ever know which projects were happening and who/what they involved. A more organized training of each person and the role they played would have been helpful.

Date: 2013

Kimberly-Clark provides unforgettable opportunities you will not find elsewhere, and experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

The best aspect of my internship is the exposure I have to the highest level of decision making. I've created a presentation for our CFO and have been given opportunities to participate in calls with our top 100 leaders in the organization. Being exposed to each high level aspect of this business, whether it be finance, one of our amazing brands' marketing strategies or innovation calls, has given me valuable insight I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to travel to Dallas last year for our Global Communications Summit. The fact they were willing to include me as an intern, shows how valuable each and every team member is to their function at K-C.

I truly do not have anything I would say I liked least about this internship. Everything I have done and experienced has led me to a valuable conclusion.

Often times when evaluating employers, you take into consideration pay, location and many other factors that seem important on face value. But, when you look a little deeper, it's the opportunities that are available to you that translate into the experience you can put on your resume. After a while, that long list of valuable experience will be what gets you to the job with the best pay, and ideal location. Kimberly-Clark gives you these opportunities, and many more in ways that other employers simply do not. Not only that, but it is a truly amazing place to work. Think about all of the opportunities you are hungry to have, the experiences you need to land that dream job -- and realize that this, not pay or location, should be the basis for your decision. Kimberly-Clark is a place for those who always want to learn something new; for those who want to be a part of something bigger; and for those who know that opportunity, not pay is the real value in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Bring younger talent into the discussions regarding innovation, and marketing. Growing up with all of these things surrounding everything we do, we may have more valuable insight than you think.

Challenge That Rewards

Getting to go hands-on with a very complex process and actually work with a team to optimize the processes.

Having to wake up early

Be prepared to get to work ASAP. There's a lot to learn and little time to learn ir, but the teams are great and help in any way possible.

Date: 2013

Good experience, culture, and work

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly. I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

Date: 2013

Learning how to launch promotion specific to retailer

Focus on our individual growth

I liked that the majority of the program was focused on our project. I thought the first week of introduction was a little crammed/overwhelming.

Be personable and confident and show that you're working hard.

Date: 2013

Great opportunity to learn and grow as an engineer with a company that cares about your success.

The internship was very hands on. We are given our own projects to work on and are expected to be "change leaders." While we are expected to do our own work, there are always knowledgable people that are willing to help you with your projects or answer questions about the process.

There isn't much that I do not like about my internship. They do a very good job of making interns feel welcome and challenged.

There is a lot of movement in this company. Most engineers that are working in Paris, TX have also worked at different plants across the nation. Your co-op location might not be where you were hoping to live, but it could open many doors.

Gaining Knowledge through Sales Analysis at Kimberly-Clark

Analytical work Retail visits Problem Solving and Value Added Work

Confusion with travel arrangements and housing Learning curve on Nitro training

Network with everyone possible within your sales office Take the time to really understand the databases during training because they are a big part of your individual projects Really try to figure out how you can apply class work to your experience Ask questions See how your work can be value-added work

Date: 2013

Great culture, learning experience, and room to grow.

The employees.

I didn't get to travel.

Look at how the culture drives success here.