Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program

4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.

A great opportunity with meaningful experience and a extremely pleasant workspace
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am currently a new intern, but so far the best aspects are the projects I am looking forward to completing along with the people that are around to mentor and have great experience.

I am currently a new intern, so I have no cons to report at this time.

Advice so far would be to build strong relationships with your mentors.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management currently.

Kimberly Clark provided stellar training through their internship program at the mill for mechanical engineers
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had the priveldge of working on a team that really cared about me and took me in as their own. They treated me like a full time hire, but understood that there were tasks that I couldn't/didn't know how to do and aided me in that. My team leader was fully invested in building my talent but trusted me enough to allow me to work on my projects without hovering. We had monthly one on ones that gave me project feedback and areas where I should check and adjust my work load so I always knew where I was as far as expections and performance. The senior manager and mill manager were also always avaliable for questions or just to catch up on how the day was going. I alwasy enjoyed coming to work. The work I am doing is meaningful and will actually make a difference for Kimberly-Clark which also made the job fullfilling.

Working with all males sometimes put me into situations that were the worst part of my internship. One of the other coops was very disrespectful to me because I was a woman in a male dominated field so I was always uncomfortable around him. Thankfully although we were in the same department, I did not work with him often.

If you were coming to my location, I would suggest living with a full time hire who is willing to rent out a room to you. Otherwise, it is very expensive.

Advice to Management

I have two suggestions: provide housing options for the coops. My brother cooped with a company who owned a housing complex and rented out to the coops through payroll deductions. And secondly, lay out how overtime pay is expected to work. I work a lot of overtime because I have projects to work on, but I am always unsure of what the policy on it is.

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.

Good experience, culture, and work
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to travel and general supportive K-C culture

There seems to be a lot of variability with quality of mentors. Some people get lucky with great mentors and teams while others do not. I also didn't love the work I was doing this summer.

^ this question is phrased confusingly.

I would recommend that they work with K-C because it's a great company and they give you valuable work experience.

Advice to Management

There is a discrepancy with overtime - some interns get as much overtime as they want, while others need to work overtime but aren't allowed to take credit for it.

Enriching Experience to Propel You Into a Future Career
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to drive your projects in a directions that you saw fit. While mentoring is provided by your superiors, they provide you with projects that require critical thinking that really challenge you and causes you to grow professionally.

Onboarding process could be imrpoved, especially with housing arrangements.

Ensure constant contact with recruiter - they are great resources to getting housing and ensuring a smooth onboaring process. Make sure to really listen to everyone you network with and network OFTEN. Working for KC will open numerous doors for you.

K-C is the Number 1 MBA Internship Program
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, interesting assignments, opportunities to meet people throughout the company, travel opportunities, and all-around great people

I am not a huge fan of the location that I was placed in; however, there are opportunities to work in other locations upon graduation

I thought this was a fantastic program, and recommend it to any potential interns who are interested in learning and working hard.

Advice to Management

Everything was perfect!

Real hands on experience in engineering field at Kimberly-Clark Corp.
Little Rock, AR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexsible work hours when needed

- Competitive salary

- Exellent work environment

I can't think of anything.

You will be able to work on real projects that are influencing day-to-day products that are consumed by many many people.

Project Efficiency
Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and the experience.

Traveling to location and half of my projects being boring.

Be confident and stay focused. Finish your given work then ask for more. Your bosses will love you.

Advice to Management

Don't underestimate your co-ops. Most of them can handle much more work and responsibility than you give them. And this is coming from a 5-term co-op.

Gaining an insight into the customer development division of Kimberly-Clark
Minneapolis, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Taking ownership of a project and completing value-added work for the company

Not have a dailyrole for the team, but instead working on a project

KC has an amazing company culture and this opportunity provides wonderful experience that allows an intern to add value to a multi-billion dollar company