Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Exciting research and development opportunity.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

Highly recommended opportunity for anyone interested in personal care products

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture is great and relaxed, the pay is competitive, and they really take care of their co-ops and interns. I've done this summer internship twice and both my mentors have been very supportive. There are lots of co-op activities for anyone that wants to go out and get involved and have fun. Once you're in the co-op program, as long as you don't slack off, it seems pretty easy to get a job if you want it.

The only thing I didn't like about this term was that my project wasn't technically challenging in the ways I'm looking for. It was difficult and a little frustrating because what I was asked to study doesn't have reliable ways to quantitatively measure it because of how variable it is. But chemical engineering knowledge didn't help me. The only skills I used were basic problem solving skills, basic data analysis skills, and Microsoft Excel skills.

If you're a chemical engineer, you might be able to use most of the stuff you spent years learning in school. I think electrical and mechanical engineers probably get a better experience that way. But if that doesn't bother you, then I highly recommend interning/working here. It's a stable company with lots of opportunities, competitive pay, and a great culture.

Kimberly-Clark provides unforgettable opportunities you will not find elsewhere, and experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the exposure I have to the highest level of decision making. I've created a presentation for our CFO and have been given opportunities to participate in calls with our top 100 leaders in the organization. Being exposed to each high level aspect of this business, whether it be finance, one of our amazing brands' marketing strategies or innovation calls, has given me valuable insight I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to travel to Dallas last year for our Global Communications Summit. The fact they were willing to include me as an intern, shows how valuable each and every team member is to their function at K-C.

I truly do not have anything I would say I liked least about this internship. Everything I have done and experienced has led me to a valuable conclusion.

Often times when evaluating employers, you take into consideration pay, location and many other factors that seem important on face value. But, when you look a little deeper, it's the opportunities that are available to you that translate into the experience you can put on your resume. After a while, that long list of valuable experience will be what gets you to the job with the best pay, and ideal location. Kimberly-Clark gives you these opportunities, and many more in ways that other employers simply do not. Not only that, but it is a truly amazing place to work. Think about all of the opportunities you are hungry to have, the experiences you need to land that dream job -- and realize that this, not pay or location, should be the basis for your decision. Kimberly-Clark is a place for those who always want to learn something new; for those who want to be a part of something bigger; and for those who know that opportunity, not pay is the real value in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Bring younger talent into the discussions regarding innovation, and marketing. Growing up with all of these things surrounding everything we do, we may have more valuable insight than you think.

Student given opportunity to experience workplace and learn and grow as a professional!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship has allowed me to experience what the actual work place will be like upon graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn to communicate with other professionals effectively and to grow as a member of the company. Having a mentor to answer questions and provide feedback has been tremendously useful. This experience has instilled confidence in me that I do have the abilities to contribute to my field.

The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. The people are very nice and encouraging. For the most part I feel that the work is interesting and fairly challenging.

Because my internship has only been a few months, I don't feel that I really know what I'm doing yet. More time here would help me to understand the standards and policies of my company, and allow me to work more independently. For the most part I do feel that I am respected and treated as a full-time employee, but occasionally I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My coop experience has been a great opportunity to learn and grow in my field. Not only have I had the opportunity to contribute to the company and learn about the workplace, I have some great work experience and most likely a job offer. My company is very encouraging to coops, and I generally feel respected and important.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful to have more of an understanding of the mill as a whole. I didn't ever know which projects were happening and who/what they involved. A more organized training of each person and the role they played would have been helpful.

A great opportunity with meaningful experience and a extremely pleasant workspace

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am currently a new intern, but so far the best aspects are the projects I am looking forward to completing along with the people that are around to mentor and have great experience.

I am currently a new intern, so I have no cons to report at this time.

Advice so far would be to build strong relationships with your mentors.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management currently.

Getting to see the my studies come to life. I was able to learn how everything in courses applies in a real setting.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are great. They are very helpful, professional, and knowledgable. The converting department also provides challenges that pushed me to be creative in my solutions or setting up an experiment. Also, the tasks I was assigned were meaningful. They were important to the converting team, and I was consistently in the loop with things happening in the department.

Being a summer term, I did not really have enough time to make more of an impact. It took almost a month to learn the department and how each line works. In the last few weeks, I was able to more to give good feedback to my team.

A candidate should come prepared to do anything with my employer. There are so many different sectors to Kimberly-Clark that a lot of opportunity is available. Also, be prepared to work on something meanignful.

Great culture and great experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and people in the company are great to work with. You get real life work experience.

All the 8 hour long training classes

Dont be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Many of the training classes are very long with no hands on experience which makes it hard to retain information. This is one thing that should be changes so people get more out of the training sessions.

Excellent learning opportunity

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career development, learning, networking

Housing situation

Fantastic work-life balance. Supportive and nurturing environment

Kimberly Clark provided stellar training through their internship program at the mill for mechanical engineers

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had the priveldge of working on a team that really cared about me and took me in as their own. They treated me like a full time hire, but understood that there were tasks that I couldn't/didn't know how to do and aided me in that. My team leader was fully invested in building my talent but trusted me enough to allow me to work on my projects without hovering. We had monthly one on ones that gave me project feedback and areas where I should check and adjust my work load so I always knew where I was as far as expections and performance. The senior manager and mill manager were also always avaliable for questions or just to catch up on how the day was going. I alwasy enjoyed coming to work. The work I am doing is meaningful and will actually make a difference for Kimberly-Clark which also made the job fullfilling.

Working with all males sometimes put me into situations that were the worst part of my internship. One of the other coops was very disrespectful to me because I was a woman in a male dominated field so I was always uncomfortable around him. Thankfully although we were in the same department, I did not work with him often.

If you were coming to my location, I would suggest living with a full time hire who is willing to rent out a room to you. Otherwise, it is very expensive.

Advice to Management

I have two suggestions: provide housing options for the coops. My brother cooped with a company who owned a housing complex and rented out to the coops through payroll deductions. And secondly, lay out how overtime pay is expected to work. I work a lot of overtime because I have projects to work on, but I am always unsure of what the policy on it is.

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.