Intern at Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program? Submit a Review

Engineering Education at its best

San Antonio, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with proffessionals, resources available to complete the job and training sessions

Not Applicable to my co-op experience

The company is currently attempting to make upgrades so there is a lot of work to be done but that also means there is many learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employee retention could improve. Long term employees get a better chance of making an actual impact to the company.

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.

Great culture and great experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and people in the company are great to work with. You get real life work experience.

All the 8 hour long training classes

Dont be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Many of the training classes are very long with no hands on experience which makes it hard to retain information. This is one thing that should be changes so people get more out of the training sessions.

Development and design experiance you cannot buy anywhere.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is nice, flexible work hours, and many different things to work on. Saftey is very important.

That I had to share an office.

Be willing to try new things get out there and be reconized.

Advice to Management

Be known by more people. The name is not known but the products are.

Exciting research and development opportunity.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

A great opportunity with meaningful experience and a extremely pleasant workspace

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am currently a new intern, but so far the best aspects are the projects I am looking forward to completing along with the people that are around to mentor and have great experience.

I am currently a new intern, so I have no cons to report at this time.

Advice so far would be to build strong relationships with your mentors.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management currently.

Excellent learning opportunity

Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career development, learning, networking

Housing situation

Fantastic work-life balance. Supportive and nurturing environment

Kimberly Clark provided stellar training through their internship program at the mill for mechanical engineers

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had the priveldge of working on a team that really cared about me and took me in as their own. They treated me like a full time hire, but understood that there were tasks that I couldn't/didn't know how to do and aided me in that. My team leader was fully invested in building my talent but trusted me enough to allow me to work on my projects without hovering. We had monthly one on ones that gave me project feedback and areas where I should check and adjust my work load so I always knew where I was as far as expections and performance. The senior manager and mill manager were also always avaliable for questions or just to catch up on how the day was going. I alwasy enjoyed coming to work. The work I am doing is meaningful and will actually make a difference for Kimberly-Clark which also made the job fullfilling.

Working with all males sometimes put me into situations that were the worst part of my internship. One of the other coops was very disrespectful to me because I was a woman in a male dominated field so I was always uncomfortable around him. Thankfully although we were in the same department, I did not work with him often.

If you were coming to my location, I would suggest living with a full time hire who is willing to rent out a room to you. Otherwise, it is very expensive.

Advice to Management

I have two suggestions: provide housing options for the coops. My brother cooped with a company who owned a housing complex and rented out to the coops through payroll deductions. And secondly, lay out how overtime pay is expected to work. I work a lot of overtime because I have projects to work on, but I am always unsure of what the policy on it is.

Highly recommended opportunity for anyone interested in personal care products

Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture is great and relaxed, the pay is competitive, and they really take care of their co-ops and interns. I've done this summer internship twice and both my mentors have been very supportive. There are lots of co-op activities for anyone that wants to go out and get involved and have fun. Once you're in the co-op program, as long as you don't slack off, it seems pretty easy to get a job if you want it.

The only thing I didn't like about this term was that my project wasn't technically challenging in the ways I'm looking for. It was difficult and a little frustrating because what I was asked to study doesn't have reliable ways to quantitatively measure it because of how variable it is. But chemical engineering knowledge didn't help me. The only skills I used were basic problem solving skills, basic data analysis skills, and Microsoft Excel skills.

If you're a chemical engineer, you might be able to use most of the stuff you spent years learning in school. I think electrical and mechanical engineers probably get a better experience that way. But if that doesn't bother you, then I highly recommend interning/working here. It's a stable company with lots of opportunities, competitive pay, and a great culture.

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.