Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Date: 2013

Adding Value to a Fortune 150 Company and gaining a worthwhile experience.

Working with team, accesibility to senior level executives.

There was nothing about this internship I did not like.

Get to know as many people as possible. Really understand the role they play in the organization and how their role impacts the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.

Date: 2013

A great opportunity with meaningful experience and a extremely pleasant workspace

I am currently a new intern, but so far the best aspects are the projects I am looking forward to completing along with the people that are around to mentor and have great experience.

I am currently a new intern, so I have no cons to report at this time.

Advice so far would be to build strong relationships with your mentors.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management currently.

Date: 2013

Exciting research and development opportunity.

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

Date: 2013

Getting to see the my studies come to life. I was able to learn how everything in courses applies in a real setting.

The people I work with are great. They are very helpful, professional, and knowledgable. The converting department also provides challenges that pushed me to be creative in my solutions or setting up an experiment. Also, the tasks I was assigned were meaningful. They were important to the converting team, and I was consistently in the loop with things happening in the department.

Being a summer term, I did not really have enough time to make more of an impact. It took almost a month to learn the department and how each line works. In the last few weeks, I was able to more to give good feedback to my team.

A candidate should come prepared to do anything with my employer. There are so many different sectors to Kimberly-Clark that a lot of opportunity is available. Also, be prepared to work on something meanignful.

Date: 2013

Highly recommended opportunity for anyone interested in personal care products

The culture is great and relaxed, the pay is competitive, and they really take care of their co-ops and interns. I've done this summer internship twice and both my mentors have been very supportive. There are lots of co-op activities for anyone that wants to go out and get involved and have fun. Once you're in the co-op program, as long as you don't slack off, it seems pretty easy to get a job if you want it.

The only thing I didn't like about this term was that my project wasn't technically challenging in the ways I'm looking for. It was difficult and a little frustrating because what I was asked to study doesn't have reliable ways to quantitatively measure it because of how variable it is. But chemical engineering knowledge didn't help me. The only skills I used were basic problem solving skills, basic data analysis skills, and Microsoft Excel skills.

If you're a chemical engineer, you might be able to use most of the stuff you spent years learning in school. I think electrical and mechanical engineers probably get a better experience that way. But if that doesn't bother you, then I highly recommend interning/working here. It's a stable company with lots of opportunities, competitive pay, and a great culture.

Excellent learning opportunity

Career development, learning, networking

Housing situation

Fantastic work-life balance. Supportive and nurturing environment

Date: 2013

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.

Date: 2013

Great culture and great experience

The culture and people in the company are great to work with. You get real life work experience.

All the 8 hour long training classes

Dont be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Many of the training classes are very long with no hands on experience which makes it hard to retain information. This is one thing that should be changes so people get more out of the training sessions.

Date: 2013

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.