4.3 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 126 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Exposure to many different aspects of supply chain managment and being prepped for a full time position.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Many opportuinties to be involved in projects that can get you noticed by upper management.

Exposure to a variety of different roles and postions within your field.

Working with people that are similar in age and have similar interests.

Lots of opportunites to be social outside of work.

Not being able to manage my own, personal customer like the other full-time employees.

Very little interaction with my team leader.

Kimberly Clark provides a great, interactive work environment that allows you to communicate well with your co-workers and use eachother's knowledge and experience to problem solve on a daily basis. This company also provides you with a oppertunites to advance up in the company every 18 months. You also have the opportunity to present to get noticed by upper managemnt for the work you are doing.

Advice to Management

More time could be set aside for direct interaction for interns and team leaders. I don't think my orientation was officailly completed until I had already been working here for about two moths.

Great culture and great experience
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and people in the company are great to work with. You get real life work experience.

All the 8 hour long training classes

Dont be afraid to share your ideas and ask questions.

Advice to Management

Many of the training classes are very long with no hands on experience which makes it hard to retain information. This is one thing that should be changes so people get more out of the training sessions.

Student given opportunity to experience workplace and learn and grow as a professional!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship has allowed me to experience what the actual work place will be like upon graduation. I have had the opportunity to learn to communicate with other professionals effectively and to grow as a member of the company. Having a mentor to answer questions and provide feedback has been tremendously useful. This experience has instilled confidence in me that I do have the abilities to contribute to my field.

The hours are very flexible and the pay is great. The people are very nice and encouraging. For the most part I feel that the work is interesting and fairly challenging.

Because my internship has only been a few months, I don't feel that I really know what I'm doing yet. More time here would help me to understand the standards and policies of my company, and allow me to work more independently. For the most part I do feel that I am respected and treated as a full-time employee, but occasionally I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously.

My coop experience has been a great opportunity to learn and grow in my field. Not only have I had the opportunity to contribute to the company and learn about the workplace, I have some great work experience and most likely a job offer. My company is very encouraging to coops, and I generally feel respected and important.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful to have more of an understanding of the mill as a whole. I didn't ever know which projects were happening and who/what they involved. A more organized training of each person and the role they played would have been helpful.

Kimberly-Clark provides unforgettable opportunities you will not find elsewhere, and experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship is the exposure I have to the highest level of decision making. I've created a presentation for our CFO and have been given opportunities to participate in calls with our top 100 leaders in the organization. Being exposed to each high level aspect of this business, whether it be finance, one of our amazing brands' marketing strategies or innovation calls, has given me valuable insight I will never forget. I also had the opportunity to travel to Dallas last year for our Global Communications Summit. The fact they were willing to include me as an intern, shows how valuable each and every team member is to their function at K-C.

I truly do not have anything I would say I liked least about this internship. Everything I have done and experienced has led me to a valuable conclusion.

Often times when evaluating employers, you take into consideration pay, location and many other factors that seem important on face value. But, when you look a little deeper, it's the opportunities that are available to you that translate into the experience you can put on your resume. After a while, that long list of valuable experience will be what gets you to the job with the best pay, and ideal location. Kimberly-Clark gives you these opportunities, and many more in ways that other employers simply do not. Not only that, but it is a truly amazing place to work. Think about all of the opportunities you are hungry to have, the experiences you need to land that dream job -- and realize that this, not pay or location, should be the basis for your decision. Kimberly-Clark is a place for those who always want to learn something new; for those who want to be a part of something bigger; and for those who know that opportunity, not pay is the real value in the work that you do.

Advice to Management

Bring younger talent into the discussions regarding innovation, and marketing. Growing up with all of these things surrounding everything we do, we may have more valuable insight than you think.

A great opportunity with meaningful experience and a extremely pleasant workspace
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I am currently a new intern, but so far the best aspects are the projects I am looking forward to completing along with the people that are around to mentor and have great experience.

I am currently a new intern, so I have no cons to report at this time.

Advice so far would be to build strong relationships with your mentors.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management currently.

Excellent learning opportunity

Career development, learning, networking

Housing situation

Fantastic work-life balance. Supportive and nurturing environment

Amazing learning experience with an innovative and supportive team
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Feeling as though my project really had an impact

I would have liked to see more of the business rather than just the marketing communciations team, it would have been interesting to see different sides of the business to gain a better overall view rather than just a sector

They are truly an amazing company to work for!

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.

Exciting research and development opportunity.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a bright team that is also very welcoming and fun to work with.

The other co-ops I started with left at the end of summer. Would have like to work with them during my entire term.

Be outgoing and get involved with different aspects of the company and the community.

Development and design experiance you cannot buy anywhere.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is nice, flexible work hours, and many different things to work on. Saftey is very important.

That I had to share an office.

Be willing to try new things get out there and be reconized.

Advice to Management

Be known by more people. The name is not known but the products are.