Kimberly Clark Co-op/Intern Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #7 Best Internships for Marketing & Communications Majors

Friendly people, awesome facility

The friendliness of all the employees

I liked everything

The Jenks facility at least, is very nice. It has a cafeteria as well as a small gym to exercise/workout at. Safety is a big big deal here, and it is very evident in a great way.

Amazing internship experience

Travel, Flexibility, Meaningful projects, great people

That I didn't take more advantage of the opportunties to learn more about the various aspects of the company.

Take advantage of how willing everyone is meet with you. Set up lots of meetings to learn about the organization. Have a short list of questions in hand, such as "tell me about your career path", "what advice do you have for me?", "what do you like most/least about KC?" ...etc

Date: 2013

Adding Value to a Fortune 150 Company and gaining a worthwhile experience.

Working with team, accesibility to senior level executives.

There was nothing about this internship I did not like.

Get to know as many people as possible. Really understand the role they play in the organization and how their role impacts the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Real-world engineering experience in a challenging and innovative environment.

Working on real projects and being given real responsibilities The incredibly supportive company culture

Nothing so far

K-C is flexible and wants you to get a wide range of experiences while you work here.

Date: 2013

Exposure to many different aspects of supply chain managment and being prepped for a full time position.

Many opportuinties to be involved in projects that can get you noticed by upper management. Exposure to a variety of different roles and postions within your field. Working with people that are similar in age and have similar interests. Lots of opportunites to be social outside of work.

Not being able to manage my own, personal customer like the other full-time employees. Very little interaction with my team leader.

Kimberly Clark provides a great, interactive work environment that allows you to communicate well with your co-workers and use eachother's knowledge and experience to problem solve on a daily basis. This company also provides you with a oppertunites to advance up in the company every 18 months. You also have the opportunity to present to get noticed by upper managemnt for the work you are doing.

Advice to Management

More time could be set aside for direct interaction for interns and team leaders. I don't think my orientation was officailly completed until I had already been working here for about two moths.

Engineering Education at its best

Interaction with proffessionals, resources available to complete the job and training sessions

Not Applicable to my co-op experience

The company is currently attempting to make upgrades so there is a lot of work to be done but that also means there is many learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employee retention could improve. Long term employees get a better chance of making an actual impact to the company.

Date: 2013

Student Gains Invaluable Experience and Knowledge While Enjoying Himself and Networking Effectively

The people are very nice and helpful and have made it very comfortable for me in such a learning/working environment. I am also challenged appropriately in my work objectives.

The first week has been a little stagnant because of the trainings and lack of actual work that I have had to do. This is probably due to the onboarding process and not actually the fault of the company or its employees.

Join this company. It is a great experience. I am getting the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of an industry that I never would have without working for Kimberly Clark. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They have a great Co-op community who generally gather socially very frequently. I am also getting the opportunity to travel on my first assignment which seems like an incredible opportunity.

Date: 2013

KC FAMILY HELP GROW CONFIDENCE, WORK ETHIC, PERSONAL SKILLS AND TECHNICAL SKILL FOR ME CO-OP TO DO ANYTHING

The environment with all coworkers was inviting and welcoming. Everyone was willing to take their time with me to help ensure I understood everything I needed to. Never once did I feel alone in my process here.

For me it was the distance from home, which was 1700 miles away, just because I am very close to family. I do not regret moving though because it was the best opportunity I have had in my field for what I want to do.

Put yourself out there and pusk yourself. Mistakes are the best way to learn, so be willing to fail from time to time. This is how you continue to develop. Never be too cautious and take calculated risks.

Advice to Management

Finding housing was hard because of the area, so having some kind of setup housing or more help to locate housing would be helpful.

Date: 2013

Amazing learning experience with an innovative and supportive team

-Feeling as though my project really had an impact

I would have liked to see more of the business rather than just the marketing communciations team, it would have been interesting to see different sides of the business to gain a better overall view rather than just a sector

They are truly an amazing company to work for!

Date: 2013

My KC internship has developed my career and myself far beyond my expectations.

I was given a challenging project with the resources, contacts, and support to be successful. I worked on a talented team that empowered me to do my best work. I had the opportunity to come to work and be engaged for the full 8 hours.

It was a little bit far from my university apartment.

Kimberly-Clark values people. They want to know who you really are and help you grow. I was pleasantly surprised to find that such a successful company has such an open, collaborative, and empowering atmosphere. The schedule is flexible, and interns are trusted to get their 40 hours/week in whether at home or in the office, but I came to work everyday just to spend time with my incredible coworkers. KC should definitely be one of your top choices.