Hallmark Summer Intenship Program Internship

Intern at Hallmark Summer Intenship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

New Grad Prefers Breadth to Depth; Creates Amazing New Products!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The projects were really fun and very relevant to my interests and area of study. The people are very laid back and friendly. Also, TONS of available resources.

The current industry is a little shaky, but we are branching out so NOW is the time for young bloods like me to change the flow of the company!

Let your creativity flow! it's all about creativity there. Have an idea? speak up! Go for it!

Advice to Management

Have a list of project that WE can pick from.

Great real world experience and projects.

Payment. Location. Product.

The company outlook 10 years down the road

They are a downsizing company.

Advice to Management

Promotion of product and adapting to changing culture

Hallmark gave me a project and allowed me to make it my own
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hallmark was obviously committed to creating the best internship opportunity for me that they could

My manager was not very good at communicting, he also, at times, impeded my ability to perform.

Hallmark is going through a deep existential change right now. The future is not certain for Hallmark, but there are opportunities to help Hallmark grow into the company it will become.

Advice to Management

I wish I would have had more work to do, and that I would have been integrated into a team and helped that team as opposed to given a project which I primarily worked on solo.

Awesome co-workers, awesome culture, unbelievable opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people i worked with, the project i worked on, the trust that my peers had in my work

the amount of work sometimes was lacking

Get to know as many of the full time employees as possible and constantly get feedback from them about your work

E-card intern
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience with working, understanding of company, and Networking

Location, and relativity to my field of choice, expertise in my field of choice, and organization of the department at the time

For the Media Mint Studio, it is better to have strong communication skills than be particularly technical in animating. It is not an animation studio, it's a multimedia studio. This was an aspect that I did not realize I was getting myself into for someone like myself who likes innovative, young, risky creativity. This is striving for that, but at this point in time is more of a traditional, reserved company.

Advice to Management

I don't believe any advice for management from myself would be particularly fair. The studio was in the middle of switching and joining different departments to become something other than what it was at the time, and I agree it was the right direction for the company to go. For me as an intern however, I was put on the backburner of the entire situation. I feel now as if everyone was very nice to me and the management was excellent on keeping up with my process, but I felt as if I did not start anything to work on to grow within myself until the end of the summer because of the department situation. My art director was also a new hire so she didn't know what to do with me. These is all situational however and believe the company has great management wise company decisions for the future.

Good company, not the position I was looking for
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Corporate culture and objectives of company

Too much finance

Good place to gain experience