Hallmark Summer Intenship Program

Real World Experience
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments I was given were actually useful to the company, and helped the other members in my department. It is an assignment I could have gotten as a full time employee in the department. Hallmark also provided and incredible opportunity to network with people throughout the finance department and other senior leaders.

Could have been more social events for interns, and better participation in those events by other interns.

Go in with an open mind, and accept any challenges that come your way.

Advice to Management

Very good all around

Interns gain real-world experience during summer-long interview at Hallmark
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship include: flexible work schedule (depending on department), welcoming and easy-to-get-along-with culture, exposure to senior leadership through networking and forums, and substantive projects.

What I liked least about the internship was the associated costs. If the intern is not from the KC metro area, he/she must be prepared to find and sign an available three-month lease. Hallmark does offer an allowance and some apartment location assistance through a third-party (not endorsed by Hallmark). However, the allowance is hardly enough to cover even a small portion of practical housing costs, and the third-party locator service can be pushy.

Be prepared to put your mind to work! Remain open-minded and ready to absorb all you can from people who really enjoy what they do every day. You will be expected to demonstrate what you have learned, but if you've been attentive and put forth the effort, it will only be a testament to your abilities.

Advice to Management

I do not beleive that I have any comments to make about these topics, as the appear to be adequate for my needs. However, I believe that team on-boarding programs should be made standard for any new addition to the team. Additionally, to become a better place to work, I suggest creating a more up-to-date, stimulating, open work environment. Cubicles are fine of course (and let's face it, not every company is Google, nor should the top-tech companies be considered the pinnacle of working environment for every organization), but some fresh paint and modern office fixtures would do a world of good.

Quality people = Quality work
Kansas City, KS | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was being able to work on meaningful projects.

I really can't complain, this internship was a great experience.

What people have to say about this company online is fairly accuracte to what its like to work here.

Advice to Management

More open space to work in. Move away from the cubicle design.

The twelve weeks of reassurance for my future career
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet directors and exectuives of the business. The projects we receive are actual need based and interesting at the same time. I never felt once as an intern but was depended on and expected to perform like a full time hire.

Being seperated from other interns. Which also became a pro because so many of us have a different perspective on the company from working in different areas.

The finance roles and internships are very valuable to expand business knowledge. Hallmark has such a wide variety of work that you can see in a summer that would be very beneficial to any career path you shall choose.

Leveraging the old and the new to bring forth innovative business prospects
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to an incredible amount of information and experiences

Lack of transparency when it comes to whether a job offer will be made

Company has great potential, may be slower to making those changes but the product and people are well worth it

Experience indicitave of a real full-time job in IT
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have had the opportunity to meet with senior leadership across the company and present to them the projects that I have taken on this summer. Hallmark's college recruiting team hosted a few events so the interns could get to know each other also took us on a tour of one of the company's manufacturing facilities.

Hallmark provides a lot of guidance to the Kansas City area and is always willing to help if you have questions, but finding housing and roommates was probably the most stressful part to this summer.

Hallmark makes communication skills a top priority. Our department gave us plenty of time to learn all the technical knowledge; just be willing to work hard and apply what you've learned in school!

Advice to Management

Hallmark provided us with great information about the Kansas City area before we came, but finding housing and roommates was the most difficult part this summer. After talking with interns from other companies in the KC area, I found that they provided great guidance and/or specifically reserved housing for their interns.

A wonderful summer in Kansas City at Hallmark

Meeting with upper management

Not being consulted before things happened

It has a great culture that is unlike anything else I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Being more organized and listening to employee concerns.

Great learning experience with relevant challenging projects that actually benefit the company
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work you are doing will actually be used in the future

Not as much opportunity to meet with the other side of the business, interns do not get to interact as much with their creative partners as much as I would have liked

Super friendly environment that allows for a lot of growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Assist more with summer housing

Learning through Real Work
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Opportunity to network with top executives

-Real Work Experience

-the combination of both desk work(isolated) and production floor work(operator intereaction)

-no gas stipend for those who did not relocate to Kansas City

There is alot of opportunity to different jobs at Hallmark. They allow you to explore other fields you may be interested in.

Advice to Management

Offer rewards for operators for things such as keeping the workplace clean and no injury streaks

Real life experience for a company with great brand name recognition

Project management experience.

No comments

Great place to gain valuable business experience