Hallmark Summer Intenship Program

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 51 Intern Reviews)

Great learning experience with relevant challenging projects that actually benefit the company
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work you are doing will actually be used in the future

Not as much opportunity to meet with the other side of the business, interns do not get to interact as much with their creative partners as much as I would have liked

Super friendly environment that allows for a lot of growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Assist more with summer housing

Experience indicitave of a real full-time job in IT
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have had the opportunity to meet with senior leadership across the company and present to them the projects that I have taken on this summer. Hallmark's college recruiting team hosted a few events so the interns could get to know each other also took us on a tour of one of the company's manufacturing facilities.

Hallmark provides a lot of guidance to the Kansas City area and is always willing to help if you have questions, but finding housing and roommates was probably the most stressful part to this summer.

Hallmark makes communication skills a top priority. Our department gave us plenty of time to learn all the technical knowledge; just be willing to work hard and apply what you've learned in school!

Advice to Management

Hallmark provided us with great information about the Kansas City area before we came, but finding housing and roommates was the most difficult part this summer. After talking with interns from other companies in the KC area, I found that they provided great guidance and/or specifically reserved housing for their interns.

Hallmark--Inspirational working environment with the sweetest people just like its product themes!
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Creating products to make people happier can also make you happy!

Limited access to softwares and some facilities.

To me, everything was really perfect.

Leveraging the old and the new to bring forth innovative business prospects
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to an incredible amount of information and experiences

Lack of transparency when it comes to whether a job offer will be made

Company has great potential, may be slower to making those changes but the product and people are well worth it

Real life experience for a company with great brand name recognition

Project management experience.

No comments

Great place to gain valuable business experience

Learning through Real Work
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Opportunity to network with top executives

-Real Work Experience

-the combination of both desk work(isolated) and production floor work(operator intereaction)

-no gas stipend for those who did not relocate to Kansas City

There is alot of opportunity to different jobs at Hallmark. They allow you to explore other fields you may be interested in.

Advice to Management

Offer rewards for operators for things such as keeping the workplace clean and no injury streaks

A wonderful summer in Kansas City at Hallmark

Meeting with upper management

Not being consulted before things happened

It has a great culture that is unlike anything else I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Being more organized and listening to employee concerns.

My internship experience was a roller coaster, a high learning curve with a few twists and turns, but in the end I came out rejuvenated.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had the opportunity to have specific jobs and make them my own. I was treated just like any other employee in the plant. I could take my projects in any direction I wanted to as long as my supervisor saw progress.

My supervisor could have been more supportive. I would have liked to have more information about the projects before I was sent off on my own. At many times, my supervisor was too busy for me to ask questions.

I also did not know that I was located at a different location rather than corporate until a month before I started my internship. Although, my supervisor knew she had me about 6 months before.

This program is built to challenge you. Be prepared to go out of your comfort zone to get what you need. Don't be afraid to ask questions and enjoy the ride!

Advice to Management

With the internship program, I would like to see a little more training or preparation of the projects given. I do not feel that my main project was very appropriate nor do I think that my supervisor was prepared for an intern. I feel that maybe a training day for the supervisors would be helpful, to know what to expect since we are all still in college and not finished with our degrees.

Great internship, much potential for career path.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are the friendliest you will find anywhere, and the work hours are very flexible. Plus, you are working with fun products!

The HR department is the worst of any company I've worked at! They try way too hard to turn everything into a competition between the interns, gossip about us, and manipulate our work so that we can't give our best effort.

They will pay you very well and expect reasonable hours from you. There is a lot of lateral movement in the company, and they really work with you to identify positions that you can put your heart into.

Advice to Management

They absolutely need to decrease the bureaucracy in Human Resources. The actual work the interns do is fantastic, so it should be less of a popularity contest about which intern can suck up the most.

Practically perfect in every way.
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt valued as a contributer. I was not "paying my dues" I was just doing what I love.

It was pretty busy. Sometimes difficult to get the "real" work done because of lots of classes and events. A good problem to have, I guess.

Hallmark is a fantastic place to work.
Work hard on your application. Be friendly.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure at this point.