Hallmark Summer Intenship Program

E-card intern
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience with working, understanding of company, and Networking

Location, and relativity to my field of choice, expertise in my field of choice, and organization of the department at the time

For the Media Mint Studio, it is better to have strong communication skills than be particularly technical in animating. It is not an animation studio, it's a multimedia studio. This was an aspect that I did not realize I was getting myself into for someone like myself who likes innovative, young, risky creativity. This is striving for that, but at this point in time is more of a traditional, reserved company.

Advice to Management

I don't believe any advice for management from myself would be particularly fair. The studio was in the middle of switching and joining different departments to become something other than what it was at the time, and I agree it was the right direction for the company to go. For me as an intern however, I was put on the backburner of the entire situation. I feel now as if everyone was very nice to me and the management was excellent on keeping up with my process, but I felt as if I did not start anything to work on to grow within myself until the end of the summer because of the department situation. My art director was also a new hire so she didn't know what to do with me. These is all situational however and believe the company has great management wise company decisions for the future.

Good company, not the position I was looking for
Kansas City, MO | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Corporate culture and objectives of company

Too much finance

Good place to gain experience