Hallmark Summer Intenship Program Internship

Great experience!

the culture, the mentoring, the help from everyone, other interns being friendly and outgoinf

Might be too long of a program, don't always have soemthing to do

Great choice, get a very good experience for your major, give you a lot of training on things that will be helpful for you in the future

Advice to Management

Listen to employees suggestions and take them into consideration tremendously

Date: 2013

Inspiring Internship--learn to connect others.

The best aspects of my internship are: being responsible for real work, being believed-in by all other coworkers, knowing that I am making a difference in people's lives.

I did not like how long it took to become accustomed to a full-time job.

Know that you are responsible for your own work, and having a positive attitude everyday.

Advice to Management

We noticed that the business interns here are paid $5 more per hour than creative interns... This is a huge gap and the work that creatives do is very intense. It seems as though the business interns have less work, going by the conversations we have had with them. It's unfair.

Outstanding

Being treated and respected like a full-time employee, given tasks that are meaningful to the company, given the opportunity to network with many upper-level managers and other employees

Not always a steady workflow

Hallmark is an excellent place to work. The culture and atmosphere is amazing, the employees have such a passion for the company and their work which makes the job even better. Everyone is so friendly, our products actually touch people's lives, and the compay is in a great location. Kansas City in general has a lot to offer and with Hallmark being located at Crown Center it makes it that much more attractive.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I have seen that Hallmark can improve on is their training process. Just doing a better, more efficient job with that could help.

Date: 2013

Graciously welcomed and put right to exciting, fulfilling work.

Opportunity to understand how my degree and the things I know can be useful in the 'real world'. Hope that I can 'make it' as a professional and as an artist.

I sometimes didn't take the initiative to ask questions about how I was doing and was often unduly worried that I was doing a poor job.

Look at the work Hallmark is doing and tailor your work to it -- BUT also let WHO YOU ARE shine through. Hallmark is interested in YOUR voice/point-of-view!

Advice to Management

I am treated better than well!

Date: 2013

Great program, with real life work experience

The people My project Meet and Greets Manager connection Mentor program Work environment

Transparency

Make sure to talk with as many people in the company as possible. The company functions based on employee relationships and the culture is what drives the company. Person needs to make sure they are a people person and can function well with others before making a decision on this company.

Real World Experience

The assignments I was given were actually useful to the company, and helped the other members in my department. It is an assignment I could have gotten as a full time employee in the department. Hallmark also provided and incredible opportunity to network with people throughout the finance department and other senior leaders.

Could have been more social events for interns, and better participation in those events by other interns.

Go in with an open mind, and accept any challenges that come your way.

Advice to Management

Very good all around

Date: 2013

Great time. Worked with great people in a friendly and team-oriented environment.

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Employees want you to succeed. Great food in the Crown Room. Cafe right down the stairs that serves Starbucks. Get to have a forum with top Hallmark leadership. Fun intern activities throughout the summer planned by recruiters. You learn alot!

Dealing with IT is a pain but thats how it is everywhere.

Be prepared to learn as you go and give it your all.

Date: 2013

Interns gain real-world experience during summer-long interview at Hallmark

The best aspects of the internship include: flexible work schedule (depending on department), welcoming and easy-to-get-along-with culture, exposure to senior leadership through networking and forums, and substantive projects.

What I liked least about the internship was the associated costs. If the intern is not from the KC metro area, he/she must be prepared to find and sign an available three-month lease. Hallmark does offer an allowance and some apartment location assistance through a third-party (not endorsed by Hallmark). However, the allowance is hardly enough to cover even a small portion of practical housing costs, and the third-party locator service can be pushy.

Be prepared to put your mind to work! Remain open-minded and ready to absorb all you can from people who really enjoy what they do every day. You will be expected to demonstrate what you have learned, but if you've been attentive and put forth the effort, it will only be a testament to your abilities.

Advice to Management

I do not beleive that I have any comments to make about these topics, as the appear to be adequate for my needs. However, I believe that team on-boarding programs should be made standard for any new addition to the team. Additionally, to become a better place to work, I suggest creating a more up-to-date, stimulating, open work environment. Cubicles are fine of course (and let's face it, not every company is Google, nor should the top-tech companies be considered the pinnacle of working environment for every organization), but some fresh paint and modern office fixtures would do a world of good.

Learning through Real Work

-Opportunity to network with top executives -Real Work Experience -the combination of both desk work(isolated) and production floor work(operator intereaction)

-no gas stipend for those who did not relocate to Kansas City

There is alot of opportunity to different jobs at Hallmark. They allow you to explore other fields you may be interested in.

Advice to Management

Offer rewards for operators for things such as keeping the workplace clean and no injury streaks

Date: 2013

Real life experience for a company with great brand name recognition

Project management experience.

No comments

Great place to gain valuable business experience