Hallmark Summer Intenship Program

Inspiring Internship--learn to connect others.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship are: being responsible for real work, being believed-in by all other coworkers, knowing that I am making a difference in people's lives.

I did not like how long it took to become accustomed to a full-time job.

Know that you are responsible for your own work, and having a positive attitude everyday.

Advice to Management

We noticed that the business interns here are paid $5 more per hour than creative interns... This is a huge gap and the work that creatives do is very intense. It seems as though the business interns have less work, going by the conversations we have had with them. It's unfair.

Great experience!
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the culture, the mentoring, the help from everyone, other interns being friendly and outgoinf

Might be too long of a program, don't always have soemthing to do

Great choice, get a very good experience for your major, give you a lot of training on things that will be helpful for you in the future

Advice to Management

Listen to employees suggestions and take them into consideration tremendously

Great program, with real life work experience

The people

My project

Meet and Greets

Manager connection

Mentor program

Work environment

Transparency

Make sure to talk with as many people in the company as possible. The company functions based on employee relationships and the culture is what drives the company. Person needs to make sure they are a people person and can function well with others before making a decision on this company.

Graciously welcomed and put right to exciting, fulfilling work.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to understand how my degree and the things I know can be useful in the 'real world'. Hope that I can 'make it' as a professional and as an artist.

I sometimes didn't take the initiative to ask questions about how I was doing and was often unduly worried that I was doing a poor job.

Look at the work Hallmark is doing and tailor your work to it -- BUT also let WHO YOU ARE shine through. Hallmark is interested in YOUR voice/point-of-view!

Advice to Management

I am treated better than well!

Real World Experience
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments I was given were actually useful to the company, and helped the other members in my department. It is an assignment I could have gotten as a full time employee in the department. Hallmark also provided and incredible opportunity to network with people throughout the finance department and other senior leaders.

Could have been more social events for interns, and better participation in those events by other interns.

Go in with an open mind, and accept any challenges that come your way.

Advice to Management

Very good all around

Great time. Worked with great people in a friendly and team-oriented environment.
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. Employees want you to succeed. Great food in the Crown Room. Cafe right down the stairs that serves Starbucks. Get to have a forum with top Hallmark leadership. Fun intern activities throughout the summer planned by recruiters. You learn alot!

Dealing with IT is a pain but thats how it is everywhere.

Be prepared to learn as you go and give it your all.

Outstanding
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated and respected like a full-time employee, given tasks that are meaningful to the company, given the opportunity to network with many upper-level managers and other employees

Not always a steady workflow

Hallmark is an excellent place to work. The culture and atmosphere is amazing, the employees have such a passion for the company and their work which makes the job even better. Everyone is so friendly, our products actually touch people's lives, and the compay is in a great location. Kansas City in general has a lot to offer and with Hallmark being located at Crown Center it makes it that much more attractive.

Advice to Management

The only thing that I have seen that Hallmark can improve on is their training process. Just doing a better, more efficient job with that could help.

Quality people = Quality work
Kansas City, KS | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was being able to work on meaningful projects.

I really can't complain, this internship was a great experience.

What people have to say about this company online is fairly accuracte to what its like to work here.

Advice to Management

More open space to work in. Move away from the cubicle design.

Great learning experience with relevant challenging projects that actually benefit the company
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work you are doing will actually be used in the future

Not as much opportunity to meet with the other side of the business, interns do not get to interact as much with their creative partners as much as I would have liked

Super friendly environment that allows for a lot of growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Assist more with summer housing

The twelve weeks of reassurance for my future career
Kansas City, MO | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet directors and exectuives of the business. The projects we receive are actual need based and interesting at the same time. I never felt once as an intern but was depended on and expected to perform like a full time hire.

Being seperated from other interns. Which also became a pro because so many of us have a different perspective on the company from working in different areas.

The finance roles and internships are very valuable to expand business knowledge. Hallmark has such a wide variety of work that you can see in a summer that would be very beneficial to any career path you shall choose.