Intern at Garmin's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Perfect of Work and Fun

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Garmin has the most kind and friendly people I've ever worked with along with a relaxed atmosphere. I was working along side full-time employees who were working on the same project as me.

I didn't find out what I was working on until about one week before the start date.

Garmin's outstanding trait compared to other companies is the people and work atmosphere. The people are very friendly and welcoming, and working atmosphere is casual.

Working side by side with professional engineers and on real products.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great exposure to many tools involved in software engineering and practice dealing with a large code base.

It was a great experience, there is nothing I would change.

It's a perfect environment for learning and professional growth. Apply!

The interview questions were mostly addressing my previous job and the projects I worked on during my studies.

The Internship with Real Hands-On Experience

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the type of work I was doing and the people I was doing the work with.

My mentor didn't really open up to me until later in the summer, but when he did it was very enjoyable working with him.

Garmin is very laid-back yet innovative. If that's the kind of work culture you're looking for, Garmin is perfect for you.

Describe a time when you had to go out of your way to complete a project.

Write a recursive program.

Advice to Management

There could be more training for some of the software used at Garmin.

Very interesting experience and you feel like you are not just an intern but a full time employee of Garmin

Challenging and rewarding

Inability to pick/choose from a couple of projects, instead of being assigned one that may or may not be that interesting.

It is a great place to have an internship at and to work for! Great people, awesome HR team, and challenging work. Definitely the top internship in the Kansas Area. I would recommend it to everyone!

Analyze this piece of code and find if there are any errors and how would you fix them.

Advice to Management

May be a possibility for the intern to pick from a couple of projects, or to ask them what projects they like working on, before the internship starts. That way the intern could possibly choose the one that is of the most interesting subject to them. Of course, they will have to sign some sort of a non-disclosure statement beforehand, but it will make their internship even more fun.

Embedded Haskell

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amazing office scene experience

I don't know that there was anything I disliked

Do it. This is one of the most rewarding internships you can get

it was a great learning experience with wonderful people in a really fun environment.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid housing, fun activities, very hand-on, a very structured work environment

It would be nice to see more diversity.

You have to be able to adapt to a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

It is clear that the company views every department’s specialty as contributing to the organization's overall success. I would challenge Garmin to reinforce this premise even further in the future by initiating more of a balance across departments addressing the issue disparity of compensation among interns.

Great people, Interesting Work, Amazing to their employees

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given my own project to over see start to finish

Less benefits than I've seen at other internships

Garmin is a place that you can go and most likely be happy working their the rest of your life.

What is the difference between Java and Javascript

Advice to Management

Be continually open about willingness to have employees work very flexible hours

Hit the ground running.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life experience working on shippable features and cases.

Flexible work hours.

Beautiful facility.

An office culture that promotes mental and physical health.

Location. Chandler isn't awful but its not great.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Mentors are incredibly helpful.

Implement itoa.

Advice to Management

More interaction between departments would increase worker cohesion and morale. More intern meetups would do similarly at a more critical period in their career.

Educational, Fantastic, Flexible

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible work schedule around school hours

Understanding from managment about school obligations

After graduation potential

Engaging work

I wish there were bigger projects, though I do understand that the smaller projects and Jiras are aimed to allow us to be flexible in our schedule

Really seems to love their employees, take advantage of the learning opportunities and talk to your coworkers about their experiences

Challenging and rewarding

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Projects I worked on and what I learned.

Location, not the west coast.

It is a very relaxed environment where you are treated like a professional until proven otherwise. Help is readily available if you need it but no one will be there to check on you constantly if you do not seek it for yourself. Ask questions, learn all you can, and enjoy the projects you get.