Intern at Garmin's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Garmin offers real experience working on fun projects

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

positive environment and cool products

no downsides of note

When Garmin presents itself as a great place to work, it tells the truth.

Write code to count the number of 1's in an integer.

Engineering excellence combined with the best BBQ and camaraderie the country can offer.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the friendliness seen all across the Garmin campus. My mentor, team, and fellow interns were very welcoming and friendly! I also thoroughly enjoyed the work I was doing. At the end of the internship I could play on the device I was working on and really see the changes I had made! It's something to be proud of, and it's fun always trying to excel in the work we do because it's all about making the best product we can for the users!

There wasn't much of anything that was bad, but I would have liked a bit more structured feedback about my work throughout the summer. After sharing this with them, I think they plan on implementing some feedback notes throughout the summer for future interns.

I would first tell them YES! If a candidate is considering Garmin, I would ask them about their interests and major because Garmin has internship programs across all forms of engineering. There are internship opportunities for computer software/hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, aerospace engineers, and more! Garmin also has products in the automotive, marine, fitness, outdoor, and aviation markets, so there is a place for everyone! Knowing their interests, I could help them in the right direction as far as which department they'd like to work in.

Great Embedded Systems Experience

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern social committee planned some great events. The work was meaningful and I gained valuable technical experience I would not have gotten in a classroom.

The thing that I liked least about the internship program was that it went by so fast.

If you are looking to do meaningful work and gain valuable technical experience, I highly recommend that you consider Garmin in your internship search.

Understanding the process of Software Engineering from an outstanding company.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the Intenrship had to be the work culture, and the emphasis on creating quality product. Garmin had a fantastic culture, and everyone seemed to appreciate and love the work they performed for Garmin. The emphasis on creating quality products truly reflect how talented everyone at Garmin is. Each person aims to become a master in their craft in order to product a quality product.

I least liked the fact that the internship had very few events for interns to explore the company.

Garmin treats each employee with great respect, and the work culture is very positive and supportive.

During the interview process, I was presented with questions that involved bit-wise manipulation of variables along with simple logic/programming questions.

Embedded Haskell

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amazing office scene experience

I don't know that there was anything I disliked

Do it. This is one of the most rewarding internships you can get

The Real World Challenge

Employees

Compensation

Management

Not exactly what I would like to go into but was able to figure that out during the internship and expand my horizons.

Ask a lot of questions

What is a static variable?

Advice to Management

Couldn't find anything wrong

Hands on software engineering internship with real world work

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work being done will actually be used, you get placed on a team just like a regular full-time employee, and you function like a true full time employee for the duration of your internship.

The intern social group sent out too many emails.

If you have the skills to work effectively on a team in a real world environment and you like challenging work, I suggest this place of work.

Perfect of Work and Fun

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Garmin has the most kind and friendly people I've ever worked with along with a relaxed atmosphere. I was working along side full-time employees who were working on the same project as me.

I didn't find out what I was working on until about one week before the start date.

Garmin's outstanding trait compared to other companies is the people and work atmosphere. The people are very friendly and welcoming, and working atmosphere is casual.

Garmin Internship

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent experience with massive codebase. Treated like a real employee!

Difficult code to understand, at first

Brush up on C++!

Gain real-world experience by contributing to the creation of amazing products.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Because of the welcoming company culture, I was very at ease with my colleagues. It was easy to ask questions and get help and cooperate on tasks.

I have no complaints.

Do some research on what Garmin does. They are involved in many different market segments. During the interview, they will ask you which division you would like to work in.