Intern at Garmin's Internship Program? Submit a Review

Engineering excellence combined with the best BBQ and camaraderie the country can offer.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the friendliness seen all across the Garmin campus. My mentor, team, and fellow interns were very welcoming and friendly! I also thoroughly enjoyed the work I was doing. At the end of the internship I could play on the device I was working on and really see the changes I had made! It's something to be proud of, and it's fun always trying to excel in the work we do because it's all about making the best product we can for the users!

There wasn't much of anything that was bad, but I would have liked a bit more structured feedback about my work throughout the summer. After sharing this with them, I think they plan on implementing some feedback notes throughout the summer for future interns.

I would first tell them YES! If a candidate is considering Garmin, I would ask them about their interests and major because Garmin has internship programs across all forms of engineering. There are internship opportunities for computer software/hardware engineers, mechanical engineers, aerospace engineers, and more! Garmin also has products in the automotive, marine, fitness, outdoor, and aviation markets, so there is a place for everyone! Knowing their interests, I could help them in the right direction as far as which department they'd like to work in.

Understanding the process of Software Engineering from an outstanding company.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the Intenrship had to be the work culture, and the emphasis on creating quality product. Garmin had a fantastic culture, and everyone seemed to appreciate and love the work they performed for Garmin. The emphasis on creating quality products truly reflect how talented everyone at Garmin is. Each person aims to become a master in their craft in order to product a quality product.

I least liked the fact that the internship had very few events for interns to explore the company.

Garmin treats each employee with great respect, and the work culture is very positive and supportive.

During the interview process, I was presented with questions that involved bit-wise manipulation of variables along with simple logic/programming questions.

Great Embedded Systems Experience

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern social committee planned some great events. The work was meaningful and I gained valuable technical experience I would not have gotten in a classroom.

The thing that I liked least about the internship program was that it went by so fast.

If you are looking to do meaningful work and gain valuable technical experience, I highly recommend that you consider Garmin in your internship search.

Great experience for career development.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work atmosphere and location.

Not applicable.

If you are a gadget person, there's no place better.

The Garmin Guide to Location and Robustness

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed working in a cohesive team environment and participating in meetings to see what people were working on. I enjoyed the group lunches, programming club, and other social and collaborative events that went on in the summer. I feel that I was well-compensated for my work and that I completed my tasks successfully in a timely manner.

I did not like that I did not receive a lot of feedback from my mentor in the beginning of the internship. I think a little more guidance in the beginning could have helped me overcome initial roadblocks faster.

Garmin is a wonderful place to work. My internship was a language immersion program for Objective-C. I was able to apply the knowledge I learned and obtained through various projects towards a real-world application. Being able to work on a feature that will one day make it to the App Store was an incredible experience for me.

Why do you want to work at Garmin?

Explain the difference between inheritance and polymorphism (technical question).

Describe a challenge you had in a team project and how you overcame it.

Advice to Management

I think they could provide more training for new employees, as well as more social events (especially for interns) to help new employees get to know other employees better.

Learn And Do

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Garmin is extremely organized and my managers were extremely professional but also personable and enjoyable to be around at the same time. I looked forward to going to work every day and was excited to get to work on real-world projects. I also enjoyed working with other team members, I learned so much from them.

Everything about the internship was great.

Garmin has great people to work with.

Name a time when you had lots of work assigned with a short deadline.

What is a project that you worked on that you are proud of?

What do you hope to get out of an internship with us?

If we hired you, would you move on to a place like Google or Apple within the first 5 years of employment?

What is the difference between JSON and JSONP?

Explain what you know about HTTP requests.

Have you used version control?

Advice to Management

I was completely satisfied with everything about the company and internship program

Garmin offers real experience working on fun projects

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

positive environment and cool products

no downsides of note

When Garmin presents itself as a great place to work, it tells the truth.

Write code to count the number of 1's in an integer.

The internship is entirely hands-on work for a great local company with a global reach.

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on, highly technical work, the people who work there and the environment, and the compensation.

Feedback was only provided at the end of the internship rather than throughout it.

It's an excellent place to be at with interesting work, especially if you're from around the area.

Working side by side with professional engineers and on real products.

Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great exposure to many tools involved in software engineering and practice dealing with a large code base.

It was a great experience, there is nothing I would change.

It's a perfect environment for learning and professional growth. Apply!

The interview questions were mostly addressing my previous job and the projects I worked on during my studies.

High School Interns Do Exist

Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really liked how the management understood that school comes first and encouraged that. Also, my mentor and supervisor were always giving me new things to read and look at if I wanted to learn more about a certain topic.

I did not like the age difference, but that was unavoidable.

Garmin is the type of company that makes you want a job there after graduation. The people are nice and helpful towards your development.

What is the radius of the earth?

Find the errors in the following code: *code example*

Advice to Management

I cannot give a good answer to this question because everything seemed good to me, but this was my first internship.