4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 291 Intern Reviews)

Awesome career experience and such a great environment!
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really loved that I was considered a member of the team and was treated as that. I was given challenging projects and guidance on how to accomplish them if needed. I was also given lots of availability to go above and beyond as I took more initiative.

I would have like to have had more of an overview of the other departments.

I think that this company is very unique in their culture. They are willing to allow you to pursue new avenues and markets that will benefit the company. There is a lot of project ownership in the company and that produces a great product.

it was a great learning experience with wonderful people in a really fun environment.
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid housing, fun activities, very hand-on, a very structured work environment

It would be nice to see more diversity.

You have to be able to adapt to a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

It is clear that the company views every department’s specialty as contributing to the organization's overall success. I would challenge Garmin to reinforce this premise even further in the future by initiating more of a balance across departments addressing the issue disparity of compensation among interns.

Garmin offers real experience working on fun projects
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

positive environment and cool products

no downsides of note

When Garmin presents itself as a great place to work, it tells the truth.

Write code to count the number of 1's in an integer.

Perfect of Work and Fun
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Garmin has the most kind and friendly people I've ever worked with along with a relaxed atmosphere. I was working along side full-time employees who were working on the same project as me.

I didn't find out what I was working on until about one week before the start date.

Garmin's outstanding trait compared to other companies is the people and work atmosphere. The people are very friendly and welcoming, and working atmosphere is casual.

Garmin Internship
Phoenix, AZ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent experience with massive codebase. Treated like a real employee!

Difficult code to understand, at first

Brush up on C++!

Great experience for career development.
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work atmosphere and location.

Not applicable.

If you are a gadget person, there's no place better.

Work hard, play hard
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All interns were assigned tasks on our first day instead of having to wait until someone found something we could do.

Some of the tools developed internally by the company were a bit difficult to understand since there was no guide to help learn how to use it.

The company cares a great deal about its employees. The facilities have been updated to help relieve stress throughout the day and the hours are very flexible.

Create a state machine for a microwave.

Advice to Management

The training and introductions given on the first day can be a bit more in-depth. The orientation went so quickly and I did not really know anything about the company as a whole before I started working.

The internship is entirely hands-on work for a great local company with a global reach.
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on, highly technical work, the people who work there and the environment, and the compensation.

Feedback was only provided at the end of the internship rather than throughout it.

It's an excellent place to be at with interesting work, especially if you're from around the area.

Wonderful experience: Learn and build connections while having fun and being generously compensated!
Kansas City, KS | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount I learned was staggering; I really feel that I gained a lot of hands-on, "real-world" training that I wouldn't have been able to get in the classroom.

I sometimes felt that I got too much help!

Strive to do your best--even on simple tasks--and stay focused, I feel that doing so really helped me stand out to my manager and team members.

Very interesting experience and you feel like you are not just an intern but a full time employee of Garmin

Challenging and rewarding

Inability to pick/choose from a couple of projects, instead of being assigned one that may or may not be that interesting.

It is a great place to have an internship at and to work for! Great people, awesome HR team, and challenging work. Definitely the top internship in the Kansas Area. I would recommend it to everyone!

Analyze this piece of code and find if there are any errors and how would you fix them.

Advice to Management

May be a possibility for the intern to pick from a couple of projects, or to ask them what projects they like working on, before the internship starts. That way the intern could possibly choose the one that is of the most interesting subject to them. Of course, they will have to sign some sort of a non-disclosure statement beforehand, but it will make their internship even more fun.