Garmin's Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Engineering Internships  /  #9 Best IT Internships  /  #24 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Garmin's Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Innovation, Experience and Perks at Garmin
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of pay was great. Also, they provided us with housing that was close to work.

The company is very innovative and is very interesting to work for. The perks they provide us as interns was my favorite part.

When selecting a job offer it is important to look at other aspects of the position beyond the salary.

Awesome engineering internship at Garmin!

Interesting, real-world projects
Great, smart people

Location (olathe, ks)

Experience writing code for Garmin's real time application server
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work on a wide variety of projects within the team.

How long it took me to get fully comfortable with the processes and learn a new programming language.

Really great people and atmosphere to work with. I and other interns I know got to work on a wide range of very interesting and important projects within our departments.

Advice to Management

It would have been nice to be placed with a team using a programming language I already knew well. At the same time, internships are about exposure and experience to a variety of subjects so it was still good in that regard.

Great experience that I would encourage anyone who has the chance to do.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the coolest projects I could have imagined. Great experience in the industry that I can see in my future. Great people who care about what they do.

There really wasn't anything I disliked.

Work hard and ask a ton of questions. Your mentor and supervisor are there to help and they want to. It'll make the experience go by my smoother.

Great Internship, Educational and Fun
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of my favorite parts was living with the other interns--we lived with others who were doing the same thing, had similar interests, and there was a good number of us that made it easy to find people to hang out with. Coming home to play some frisbee with co-interns was a great part. In addition, the atmosphere at Garmin was another great part.

If I had to choose, one of the parts I liked least about the internship was not knowing much about the departments at Garmin other than the one in which you were placed. However, the HR team did a great job at the end with presentations and tours of all the other opportunities at Garmin so that we could have information for the future.

If you are looking for an internship that keeps all your doors open while providing an educational AND fun experience, come here.

Fantastic
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being assigned work like a normal engineer and the culture

I liked everything

Garmin is a great place to work

Excellent Internship

Co-op opertunity

no true cons

greate program. be sure to get into a task you will enjoy.

The best summer of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great team, a great mentor, and great projects.

Nothing at all.

Be yourself when you interview. Personality and compatibility within teams is an important factor to Garmin.

Advice to Management

There is not much they could do to make it better.

Garmin: A prestigious internship with real-world experience, fun people and the chance to make a difference!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real projects, acceptance as a true associate, strong mentoring, endless opportunities, paid well, great products, great perks (even as an intern!), prestigious company, excellent location, fun work, fun people, continuous learning, strong focus on associate needs and happiness, flexible and understanding management, free coffee, cafeteria, testing products, discounts on products, and I truly felt like family!

Work areas/cubicles a little bland and boring, not very stimulating or exciting.

Always give your best and don't be afraid to ask for help or say "I don't know"

Advice to Management

Make the physical atmosphere a little more fun and stress-relieving. A work environment that stimulates the mind could help associates feel refreshed, creative, and excited.

Only the Best!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship, the pay, the benefits, and (most of all) the new friendships I made that I continue to keep!

The quality of housing wasn't the best, but the distance to work and the amount I spent for it (free!!!) is hard to argue with!

You should absolutely pursue an internship at Garmin! You will learn something valuable everyday, and you will have a blast doing so!