Garmin's Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #5 Best Engineering Internships  /  #9 Best IT Internships  /  #24 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

The English language does not contain any words that are able to accurately describe this amazing and fantastic internship.

Meeting all of the awesome people.

It has to end sometime

Not having a dress code is awesome.

Advice to Management

Team dodge ball tournaments

Work Hard, Play Harder

Housing is provided (and only 5mins away), the interns house together which makes outings and bonding easier, you're treated like a full-time employee with equal perks and flexibility, its paid.

The provided housing isn't the best quality (but it's free, so....)

Work your booty off in school! Garmin only takes the best. It is very much a "work hard, play hard" environment, and you need to reflect that.

Advice to Management

Create a consistent policy for overtime among interns.

Date: 2013

Local Garmin intern has a great time learning things he has never heard of before

The great people and work environment. A lot of effort was put into making the summer exciting for the intrens. Also, the pay was excellent.

Having to make a trifold presentation board.

Garmin is a great place to work; it is full of great people to work with. You have to be ready to jump into a huge amount of material that you have never seen before, but others will we willing to help you get started.

Advice to Management

none, I think management really pulled out all the stops on this internship.

Garmin Internship: The best way to spend your summer

There are too many to name. My favorite part was being treated like a full time employee, that mindset allowed me to learn and grow in the field that I'm studying and gave me a fantastic entrance into the real world.

There really isn't a least favorite part of the internship, however, I'm not one to wake up early. (But I mean it is the real world)

Treat the summer like one long interview, because that's exactly what it is. The internship can open so many doors in the future.

Advice to Management

I'm always worried I'm doing something wrong, and even though I'm always told that I'm doing well, I still like feedback on what I could be doing better. I know I'm not perfect, so I need to know what exactly I should improve on.

My Garmin Experience

The social aspect of the internship was fantastic. I was able to meet and socialize with people of the same skill level, abilities and interests. The sporting opportunities were great. The sporting clubs and facilities were a nice addition to my internship. Also, the living conditions were terrific.

I can't think of any experiences that I would consider a con.

Be confident.

Map Upgrade: Applied Testing

I really enjoy working on production code now and even the testing was structured and enjoyable.

I do not enjoy the regulations of my department and I think I would enjoy consumer side more.

I would recommend looking at an overview of aircraft systems and learning what the avionic systems looks like to gain a better idea of what your work would look like.

Growing Together : An Intern and His Company

Real world experience Working on something that we actually be used in the future Great environment and people No dress code Plethora of activities to get involved in Good salary and free housing

I personally was outside of a lot of the typical processes that Garmin employees go through, so I missed that experience. This isn't typical for most interns, however.

It's a great place to work, and make sure you get involved and meet new people. Networking with full-time employees and interns is very easy and never hurt anyone.

Date: 2013

If I wanted to write headlines I would be a journalist.

Working on real projects, freedom, treated like a regular employee (in terms of benefits, etc.)

I had no issues with the internship.

Garmin has a lot of fun interesting work for Software Engineers and will take your skills seriously.

Advice to Management

Garmin's awkward, extremely non-standard, and out-of-date coding standards alienate new hires. It sounds like a minor thing, but it is still something you deal with every day.

EXTRA! EXTRA! Best Internship I Will Ever Have

Being able to work hands on building my own design

none thus far

Garmin is a company that values its employees and helps to find work that you enjoy and that fits you best.

Advice to Management

none

Fitness Watches Galore

Networking with my fellow employees. Everyone is very approachable. Everyone is very willing to take time out of their busy schedules to assist me when I have questions. Free donuts on Friday. The products that I got to work on are part of my dream career. Everyone at the company is very active and it's great to be around as an athlete.

The science fair like presentations that interns were asked to give.

Great people. Laid back environment. Awesome products that you get to contribute to.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)