Intern at BP National Internship Program? Submit a Review

Intensive learning in a friendly atmosphere.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely the work culture. Everyone I worked with was eager to meet me and provide me assistance in any way I could. I never really felt like the "intern." I felt like I was part of the company from day one.

It was also very challenging and an amazing learning experience.

From a social perspective, BP also did their very best to provide us with networking opportunities with the interns and fellow workers.

It may sound cliche, but nothing at all. The only thing that bothered me was waking up early to go to work, and even that wasn't bad since I enjoyed going to work.

Come with an OPEN mind! It will be very intimidating at first, but you definitely need to push yourself and use BP's resources to your advantage. The company provides so many services and they will only help you if you choose to use them.

Advice to Management

Do not bring in as many interns if there are not as many open positions for full-time

A Great Life Experience

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Communication & Team building.

Not long enough.

Learn software excel.....

Do you know logs and read this map.

Advice to Management

None everyone was professional and helpful.

A Great and Fun Summer Opportunity to Gain Valuable Work Experience as a Chemical Engineer

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The projects that I got to work on actually had an importance in the refinery. I also enjoyed the work schedule of four ten hour shifts because the long weekends were a great opportunity to explore the area around the refinery.

The wait for the phone call to hear about a full time offer is taking longer than desired.

This is a great opportunity and a great place to start a career in chemical engineering. Take advantage of the opportunity to learn as much as you can from the engineers around you.

Name the important factors in designing a distillation column.

Advice to Management

Communicate the availability of potential full time opportunities better.

Very related to my research at school and great learning experience

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team and the project

It was short

Great experience and program, every thing was planned before and I started with no delays

My internship experience with BP is second to none. Here, safety is priority, team work is outstanding and everyone looks after each other.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My presentation and contributions, The Offshore/ field visits, the remuneration package, the politeness and kindness of every staff member, the intern-after-hours social events organized by the USUR Families.

I have not seen any.

My advice to potential interns is to be open minded and follow the BP core values.

Best way to learn and apply what you learn at school. Awesome experience and a nice insight on how you will enjoy your job once you graduate

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Valuable Learning and respectfull stress less environment

Short time, I wish it was longer than two months

Be outgoing and eager to ask questions

Awesome experience!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The knowledge that I gained will benefit me any many areas in the future. I also loved all the events that the University Relations put on for the interns.

Too short!

Great Place to work!

The best summer I have had yet

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very open to getting to know you and my managers assigned me real work that was needed in the business. I was impressed with how much they trusted me to deliver on my assignments and not micromanage the projects. We were also given apartments in downtown Chicago to live in during our summer internships. They were really nice and gave us more opportunities to get to know the other interns at BP outside of the office.

I wished that there were more structured intern events throughout the summer. There were a couple, but I think it would have been a good way to get to know interns that I didn't work with often.

I enjoyed BP as an employer because it gives you a lot of room to create your own career. The full-time program lets you move around to different areas of the business for one year rotations to see what is most interesting to you. Since I am not 100% sure what is the best fit for me, I like that I get to test out different roles to get a better idea of where I should go. If you know exactly what you want to do, I am not sure that I would recommend this program. However, if you are like me and don't have an exact idea of the specific thing you would like to do, then I think this is an unparalleled opportunity.

Excellent work experience, amazing learning opportunity, and great people all while enjoying Chicago in the summertime!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work-life balance, culture, people, travel, pay, provided housing, full-time job opportunity

Repetitive work everyday

Honestly the best internship around!!

Hands on experience in upstream of petroleum industry

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Have the exposure to world class experts and professionals, have the chances to learn from them

the weather of Houston is not comfortable

BP is generous, take good care of its employee