4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 191 Intern Reviews)

I'd Work As An Unpaid Intern!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the project assigned, the environment, the culture, etc.

I wish I could've received more assignments

Think of the broader picture if you want to work here. Know the industry, know the trends, know the market. Be a creative thinker and don't give up by saying "I don't know."

Name a time you used safety, respect, team work, etc.

Advice to Management

A more applicable interview- questions were extremely challenging even for a supervisor at the company.

I was able to take charge of my own project, network with professionals, and learn valuable career skills.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning about the oil/gas industry, taking charge of your own project from start to finish

the wait time between projects

Stay on top of your work, but don't rush through it. Make sure youre completing everything with the best accuracy. Accuracy is more important than finishing it quickly.

BP is one of the best companies in the oil industry to work for.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lot of guidance and encouragement

No negative thing aspect that I could see.

Go for it if you get an offer.

1. How would you handle a very tight deadline if you have other things suddenly showing up?

2. Tell me about a situation when you were in charge of other's safety?

3. Interpret this well log (log shown by the interviewer) and tell me at what depths the oil and gas are located. Show me all possible log patterns that justify what you have just interpreted.

4. Also, questions were asked regarding rock typing.

Great Project and Experience!
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great technical project that aren't available at smaller independents

- Wonderful people to work with (it was a privilege to work with everyone on my team)

- Great opportunities to learn with some of the best people in the industry

- Wonderful mentors. I was afraid that for such a big company that employees might have less time devoted to interns but I was definitely proven wrong. I loved my mentors this summer

I enjoyed the internship overall. I think that the part I liked the least about the internship was actually the post-interview process. It took a very long time to get the results of my acceptance and I know it also took a long time for others to get their denials. It would be great if somehow that process time can be decreased.

All of the projects given to interns are do-able. I was panicking at the beginning because I thought I would never be able to finish my project due to the difficulty of it but over the course of the summer I realized that it was a great project for an intern like me and I learned a lot from my mentors. Also, try to communicate with people outside your team as well; I feel like I really lacked in that area and didn't really interact with others that weren't on my floor.

Advice to Management

I think overall the internship presented by BP is probably the best one I've experienced so far out of the three I've had. I will say that the really only complaint I have is again the time it takes for BP to respond post-interview for the internship and also for a full-time offer which I am still waiting for.

Summer Internship Focused on Personal Development
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone at BP was extremely open to helping you on your summer project and in the end we feedback on our projects from current workers and the impact our projects have on them

The organization was going through a reorganization so my summer project was difficult with the lack of clarity on the permanent direction of the company

The working environment is fairly laid back and everyone is willing to help if you have questions or issues

Why do you want to work at BP?

Advice to Management

I do think with the rotational program there should be more distinction in pay if there is not already so for those who work harder

Hands-on, interactive, and realistic mechanical engineering internship
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given ownership over a refinery-wide project and my work was important to many other engineers. The project challenged me technically and relationally, which I know will benefit me in my career. Also, everyone was very friendly and gave me respect, even though I hadn't necessarily earned it as an intern just yet. This was my second time around and I loved it even more!

There isn't much to say except that my office space was slightly cramped and not very private, but that also proved to be good because many people stopped by to talk to me.

BP really cares about your individual needs, your life outside of work, and they have great perks/benefits. The work that was assigned was also work that full-time employees would be doing, so it felt meaningful.

N/A

Advice to Management

BP is already doing a great job of raising awareness for increased diversity in the workplace, so I hope this will continue and improve. Currently, while most people understand the importance of diversity and inclusion, not everyone does, but it's getting close!

Intern corrects MI injection schedule and increases oil production through detailed analysis
Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great mentors. Valuable project. Coworkers were really excited to help at a moment's notice. Awesome 9/80 work schedule! Excellent location. Fun group of interns to socialize with. Good experience for future jobs.

Certain work flows are less structured than I would like.

This is a great company to begin a career with. They will invest a lot of money into your training and will offer you real responsibilities on the job. Try to join this company if possible.

Most Meaningful Subsea Internship
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful.

Lots of training available.

Meaningful projects.

Great pay.

Easy to learn about BP's business structure.

Not very many full time positions available for the interns to all return to BP.

BP is amazing and BP will find out where the intern will fit in happily.

Interesting and Relevant Project
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got a lot of exposure to leadership and different parts of the organization as an intern with a special project. I was given real responsibility and was treated with respect.

I had to ask multiple times before getting any feedback on my work.

Do not be shy about approaching people in different areas of the business, as that is the best way to identify potential career paths.

Real world experiences that sets students up for success.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with professionals and fellow interns. Experiential learning.

Nothing to note

Competitive pay and benifits, great work environment (work/life balance), high performance and safety standards.