Intern at BP National Internship Program? Submit a Review

Document control for the thunder horse tar 2015. With that I looked at hydro-testing of spools along with the preservation of the spools.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting the opportunity to go offshore and visit multiple yards through out the summer really helped show me what I would be doing as a full time employee. It also help with the big picture of how major projects are staged and executed.

I really wish I could see the define and execute stages of the tar since I would love to see the select stage put into effect.

Was able to see how the oil and gas industry operates on the projects side. I was able to actually see some of the things I was working on implemented and with that was able to get the big picture of how spools are fabricated along with preservation of spools.

Advice to Management

Give interns as many opportunities as possible to get into the field and see their work put into service.

Very inclusive and respectful environment, and interns assigned meaningful projects

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We had great pay, great housing, real projects, and got to learn more about the company and the industry.

Human resources and the hiring process is very veiled.

Make sure to prepare yourself for the interview, and come into your workplace with passion and enthusiasm.

They asked about building a new pipeline and related logistics.

Advice to Management

I think that there should be more transparency within the company.

Human Resources Business Partner

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture and learning opportunity. Fantastic compensation for an internship

Location preference

Great company, very caring and progressive.

Most Meaningful Subsea Internship

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful.

Lots of training available.

Meaningful projects.

Great pay.

Easy to learn about BP's business structure.

Not very many full time positions available for the interns to all return to BP.

BP is amazing and BP will find out where the intern will fit in happily.

Real world experiences that sets students up for success.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with professionals and fellow interns. Experiential learning.

Nothing to note

Competitive pay and benifits, great work environment (work/life balance), high performance and safety standards.

A productive and fun summer at BP, Houston

1) Interesting project with real data and significant business relevance

2) Ample opportunities to network with key people in my field of interest in the company

3) Great administrave support w.r.t. setting up and settling in

4) Friendly, supportive, welcoming people

5) Good work-life balance

No strong dislikes. Some possible areas of improvement:

1) Number of meetings/presentations a tad to many

2) Overall outlook for future not very positive due to ongoing repurcussions of Macando oil spill

BP is a great place to intern, and potentially work as a full-time employee. It is a perfect fit for people who value work-life balance along with reasonable interesting work quality and pay.

Since I had previous work-experience as a petrophysicist, I was given a well log set to interpret (i really appreciated this customization during the interview process)

Plus standard HR questions like: biggest strength and weakness, example of a difficult time and how you overcame it, etc.

Intern corrects MI injection schedule and increases oil production through detailed analysis

Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great mentors. Valuable project. Coworkers were really excited to help at a moment's notice. Awesome 9/80 work schedule! Excellent location. Fun group of interns to socialize with. Good experience for future jobs.

Certain work flows are less structured than I would like.

This is a great company to begin a career with. They will invest a lot of money into your training and will offer you real responsibilities on the job. Try to join this company if possible.

BP is one of the best companies in the oil industry to work for.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lot of guidance and encouragement

No negative thing aspect that I could see.

Go for it if you get an offer.

1. How would you handle a very tight deadline if you have other things suddenly showing up?

2. Tell me about a situation when you were in charge of other's safety?

3. Interpret this well log (log shown by the interviewer) and tell me at what depths the oil and gas are located. Show me all possible log patterns that justify what you have just interpreted.

4. Also, questions were asked regarding rock typing.

Great Project and Experience!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great technical project that aren't available at smaller independents

- Wonderful people to work with (it was a privilege to work with everyone on my team)

- Great opportunities to learn with some of the best people in the industry

- Wonderful mentors. I was afraid that for such a big company that employees might have less time devoted to interns but I was definitely proven wrong. I loved my mentors this summer

I enjoyed the internship overall. I think that the part I liked the least about the internship was actually the post-interview process. It took a very long time to get the results of my acceptance and I know it also took a long time for others to get their denials. It would be great if somehow that process time can be decreased.

All of the projects given to interns are do-able. I was panicking at the beginning because I thought I would never be able to finish my project due to the difficulty of it but over the course of the summer I realized that it was a great project for an intern like me and I learned a lot from my mentors. Also, try to communicate with people outside your team as well; I feel like I really lacked in that area and didn't really interact with others that weren't on my floor.

Advice to Management

I think overall the internship presented by BP is probably the best one I've experienced so far out of the three I've had. I will say that the really only complaint I have is again the time it takes for BP to respond post-interview for the internship and also for a full-time offer which I am still waiting for.

I'd Work As An Unpaid Intern!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the project assigned, the environment, the culture, etc.

I wish I could've received more assignments

Think of the broader picture if you want to work here. Know the industry, know the trends, know the market. Be a creative thinker and don't give up by saying "I don't know."

Name a time you used safety, respect, team work, etc.

Advice to Management

A more applicable interview- questions were extremely challenging even for a supervisor at the company.