1) Interesting project with real data and significant business relevance
2) Ample opportunities to network with key people in my field of interest in the company
3) Great administrave support w.r.t. setting up and settling in
4) Friendly, supportive, welcoming people
5) Good work-life balance
No strong dislikes. Some possible areas of improvement:
1) Number of meetings/presentations a tad to many
2) Overall outlook for future not very positive due to ongoing repurcussions of Macando oil spill
Advice to Potential Interns
BP is a great place to intern, and potentially work as a full-time employee. It is a perfect fit for people who value work-life balance along with reasonable interesting work quality and pay.
Sample Interview Questions
Since I had previous work-experience as a petrophysicist, I was given a well log set to interpret (i really appreciated this customization during the interview process)
Plus standard HR questions like: biggest strength and weakness, example of a difficult time and how you overcame it, etc.