Intern at BP National Internship Program? Submit a Review

My internship experience with BP is second to none. Here, safety is priority, team work is outstanding and everyone looks after each other.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My presentation and contributions, The Offshore/ field visits, the remuneration package, the politeness and kindness of every staff member, the intern-after-hours social events organized by the USUR Families.

I have not seen any.

My advice to potential interns is to be open minded and follow the BP core values.

Awesome experience!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The knowledge that I gained will benefit me any many areas in the future. I also loved all the events that the University Relations put on for the interns.

Too short!

Great Place to work!

challenging work with world class people

Environment was flexible

People were willing to help and provide feedback

Very structured environment

They really valued my opinion as an intern

I do not have anything that I did not enjoy during my internship

Be open to learn about different aspects of BP and really reach out to whoever you want. Everyone is welcoming and always makes time to share their experience with you.

Why did you choose engineering as a degree?

Fully Vested in Intern Growth and Development

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, culture, community, benefits and pay

Politics and red tape. Needs WAY more flexibility and better communication between HR, USUR, IST, and other departments

The internship is challenging, but so worth it. It becomes what you make it.

Advice to Management

Needs WAY more flexibility. Too much red tape. Almost patronizing.

A valuable career development experience, not just a summer job

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and willing to work with me whenever I needed help. The opportunities to go see manufacturing facilities, and and work on an offshore rig were very educational and valuable experience.

With all of the interns that the company had, there was sometimes a lack of communication when trying to involve all of the interns in something.

This company is absolutely great to work for and they don't treat you like a paper pusher intern, but like an employee that they are there to teach and to help. The internship offered by BP is a top notch job that takes very good care of you both financially and personally.

Amazing Experience in Alaska, Not Eaten By Polar Bears

Anchorage, AK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work Environment/People

Pay

Projects given to the interns were meaningful and were likely to be used after the summer ended.

Holding an office-based position doesn't allow for a ton of exercise during the day.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and learn as much as possible about BP. As an employer, BP is a great choice.

A heat exchanger installed just last year is not functioning properly. Please explain the modes of heat transfer occurring and describe what might be causing the exchanger to malfunction.

Advice to Management

Training for interns would be great upfront, just to get a better idea of the acronyms and data gathering systems would really give our projects a jump-start and interns could excel much more quickly.

a great experience to learn something and create something

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

a good atmosphere in the group

almost nothing

be good at coding and be good to people

How to function on a team, and why a team is your best asset

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed and appreciated working on a project that was both meaningful and that will provide application to real world problems. Also, I loved the opportunity to meet people with a ton of experience and industry insight that were fully willing to give insight as a moments notice.

I missed having my family with me, but that's the nature of internships, isn't it? Also, the intern get-together's were nice, but somewhat immature, as most interns were much younger.

This is a great company with great benefits, people, training, and culture. If an offer comes your way from BP, it would be a drastically bad idea to turn it down. Opportunities like the ones found at BP are a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing.

Advice to Management

The midterm reviews should be given a generic schedule and outline company-wide (if possible). Many interns had different experiences with midterms--mine was wonderful, but others mentioned a large uncertainty factor in planning.

Fun, good leaning experiance, opportunity to meet new people who bcome my good friends.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fun, great place to work, live project, great opportunity to know the company culture.

Time was little short for the amount of work, what I would have expected.

Great place to work. Understand the company culture, and find if you like the company good enough to work for. Meet poeple when you are at intrenship.

A terrific learning experience, a unique opportunity to grow professionally and choose the right career path.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Infinite learning resources, great expertise of the advisers, comfortable working environment, team-oriented efforts, optimal work/life balance, several social and networking initiatives, excellent pay and benefits

I cannot think of something I did not like or I liked least about the internship

Among the numerous things, BP offers infinite learning resources (i.e. cutting-edge software, highest-quality data, etc), an intensive 3-year training program, a comfortable working environment, an optimal work/life balance, several social and networking initiatives, and an excellent pay and benefits