Intel Internship Program

4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

One of the best experience, Dream come true!
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the on-going projects and quality of work. Not side-lined with some irrelevant work as an Intern.

Compensation and bonuses.

The company does some of the best work in the world. They are the pioneers and excellent work environment.

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

Development and Debugging
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Development

Debugging.

Your biggest problem will be making your code work with the system

Advice to Management

make set up go faster.

An internship where you don't stop learning
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

Great team work at Intel. I felt like I am feeting in and I am doing meaningful work.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was accepted by the team and treated with respect by other team members and my manager.

Current hireing freeze. I really want to work at Intel.

Intel is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Thank you for always finding the time for me.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)