Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

One of the best experience, Dream come true!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the on-going projects and quality of work. Not side-lined with some irrelevant work as an Intern.

Compensation and bonuses.

The company does some of the best work in the world. They are the pioneers and excellent work environment.

Development and Debugging

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Development

Debugging.

Your biggest problem will be making your code work with the system

Advice to Management

make set up go faster.

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Great team work at Intel. I felt like I am feeting in and I am doing meaningful work.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was accepted by the team and treated with respect by other team members and my manager.

Current hireing freeze. I really want to work at Intel.

Intel is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Thank you for always finding the time for me.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

n/a

San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA