Intel Internship Program

Good stuff

Making money.

Not enough to do..

Not sure, 12345

Advice to Management

None

Date: 2013

good experience for the brainstorming with other engineers

be assigned a interesting topics then do the literature survey and system simulation on it

well, everything is indispensable for a complete system analysis

good chance to know the working items in the future work and learn somehting from experienced engineer

Interesting experience with Learning and Fun

Clear defined project Freedom to express new ideas

Big Life cycle for getting your work approved Unnecessary meetings (for interns)

Relaxed work-experience, allows you to work on interesting projects and set your own pace on how you want to approach the problem.

Advice to Management

More challenging work. Shorter life cycles for getting design approvals

Date: 2012

Helping change the way Intel works, one intern at a time

my assignment, creative control, lack of meetings, some flexibility, pretty good supervisor

Supervisor sometimes chaotic and difficult to work with. Cubicle environment had not been updated to new Intel standards and was not conducive to good design or collaboration.

Intel is going through a lot of changes right now. Different teams are affected by these changes in different ways. Intel also goes about work in a different way than other companies, likely due to their unique business model and focus on silicon. Be sure to research the group you will be working in, as it can affect your work drastically. Intel is a massive company.

Advice to Management

Work environment. Better laptops/tech for interns. Compensation is good. Training could be better (not much professional training - again, probably differs by group).

Date: 2012

Independent study in data mining and databases

Independence in design and implementation of projects and programs.

Not a lot of mentor-ship or teamwork because I was the only person on my team working on my projects.

Be able to learn and research independently.

Advice to Management

Have enough permanent work spaces for employees.

Date: 2012

A good time with friends and hardly any work!

The work expected of me was not beyond me. I got to learn how the company plans and executes projects. I learnt that everything is an iterative process and a constant learning potential.

I was not given enough work in the first three months and when I did get work later on it ended up being repetitive

It is a huge company with a lot of opportunities. There are a lot of talented people around for you to talk to and network with

Advice to Management

Interns could have more important work given to them. Work hours are fine and compensation is good if not the best. Training is subjective to team's needs.

Date: 2012

Fantastic opportunities if you don't let the work consume you

The best aspects of the internship were the opportunities to meet so many unique and talented people and the amazing culture surrounding Intel.

The cons were every day that I stayed for 12+ hours because of the high pressure to meet deadlines and working in a small RF shielded lab where not much sunlight gets in.

Apply here! Intel is not going anywhere anytime soon. It's a great place, and most importantly, a stable place.

Good first presitigous internship

Good pay. Learned a lot

Big company. Stuff doesn't get done sometimes. Lots of bureaucracy

Fun as an intern. Not sure as a full time

Advice to Management

Do things that make more sense. Less big company thinking

Date: 2012

Opportunity for growth and learning available; be prepared to seek understanding on your own and meet unreasonable deadlines.

Relevant industry applications.

Pressured to accept extended internships with the promise of flexibility for school. However, I was constantly pressured to prioritize my short term internship over my long term academic goals required by the job.

This job is not conducive to families or academic priorities.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the ones doing the work and know what is needed to accomplish the tasks.

Date: 2012

Interning with the world's largest semiconductor company

Being treated as an integral part of the team and organization

Lack of job offer at the end of the internship due to hiring freeze.

Consider how likely it is that the company will offer a full time job offer at the end of the internship. An internship is an interview that lasts for a few months. It's terrible to perform extremely well in an interview and yet not be offered the job not because there was someone better, but because you were effectively interviewing for an opening that did not exist.

Advice to Management

With regards to the internship program, it should be changed such that every intern position is backed by a full time position so that if the intern performs well, he gets the full time job. This has the advantage of creating a pipeline of candidates who can be better assessed through real work over a few months rather than a few hours of interview. In addition, there is a smaller likelihood of Intel training interns who join other companies. The above mentioned internship program is practised at Microsoft to great effect, as more than 80% of its interns accept the full time job offer.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)