Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Lots of fun activities!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great boss/mentor, had a great intern network for socializing.

It was hard to work around Intellectual Property issues.

This is a great place to work.

Great place to work

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have been given the opertunity to move where I want in order to improve my knowledge and to get different experiences.

I have flexible hours that allow me to work with my school.

There have been many different activities specific to interns to help us get the full experience.

This is more specific to my current positoin than other interns might have but I have no idea if I will be able to continue on working with this group after I graduate or not, so I still fill up in the air.

They will give you a lot of oppertunity to do different things. If you do not like what you are doing then talk to your manager and they will help you work on something that is interesting to you. I have loved it.

Advice to Management

I do not know if Intel helps students to further their education. I have not seen anything that talks about it. I am graduating with a bachlers and will be taking a break from school for a little while because I do not have the money to continue school. I need to first take care of my family though I want to get a masters.

Fun and challenging time learning new things

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best parts were working with the team on the mainstream project and seeing my contributions help the team overall.

The training was spotty at best: I only met with my mentor once, and any practical training I had to ask people to help with.

I would say that working at Intel was a great opportunity to gain real-life skills and to experience CPU design.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be dramatically improved, especially in mentoring and practical workplace knowledge. Much of my training outside of the organized courses I had to discover by trial and error as well as asking frequent questions.

A good team and communication can make all the difference

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team and people, flexible to interests, requires knowledge from a variety of disciplines in mechanical engineering, flexible schedule, personal feel in a big company.

Disliked my initial project involving looking at code, small cubicle space (although everyone in the company is now like this), ocassionally start running out of things to do (although you can dig something up)

Specifically state the projects that the candidate is wished to help with, recommend review of variety of materials

Advice to Management

Class specific to a group, explaining all of the acronyms used. Explain timecard tool more effectively up front.

It's more than a job, it's and adventure with acronyms

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The sink or swim part. People looking to me for declarative answers and actionable solutions and my managers wanting me to succeed whether or not I stayed with Intel. And i'm not gonna lie: the health care. HUGE!

The politics of being an Intern. But dealing with the internal politics of the talking furniture here would be a bummer whether or not I was an intern.

Only work/intern here if you want to change things for the better and if you can wake up every day and bring that to work. We desperately need genuinely creative and passionate people. We've got enough awkward curmudgeons, thank you.

Advice to Management

Start calling people out when they create busy work for themselves to do in order to prop up a needless silo. Seriously consider the levels of abstraction in business ops and processes and their legitimacy. Please...? Thank you.

Oh, and stop pretending that going to college makes people smart or more potent somehow. Start recruiting grey-hats and elites from the opensource and hacker communities based on raw talent and commitment to a better future.

This internship was a lot of work, but very rewarding.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a lot of real work with opportunities to travel, work with other teams, and leave a lasting impact on out product.

It could be very stressful at times. The nature of our job meant that there were a lot of emergency situations that required immediate response and sometimes meant long hours.

Intel is a great place to learn a lot, but don't expect to float by without working. Everyone here Is expected to contribute and every job matters, which ultimately makes it even more rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun things at work. Live music and free ice cream do a lot to boost employee morale.

Awesome

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Treated me like I was a team member (did not give me busy work)

Balancing work and school was difficult but they were willing to allow flexibility

The work is hard but meaningfull

I am very lucky to have this chance to intern in this group and do the work i have been working on

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The research I have been working on and the people I work with is quite awesome.

not much maybe the café food?

I did like 10 month intern last year and come back again to continue intern, the reactivating account process takes a lot of time. If the HR + IT could sync or solve this more smoothly could maybe save a lot of time.

This internship at Intel OTC can be as close as open source community experience as possible

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work-life balance was excellent, my code and implementation were thoroughly reviewed before being accepted thereby making sure the implementation was of high quality

It could have been better to have a better discussion of my future after internship ends like future prospects of working in Intel. It would have been better since I have gained enough knowledge about Intel's work related to my group and can be use to good use as another Intel job opportunity.

In SSG - OTC, the work is good and at times can keep you interested for a long time. You are allowed to take full day off when you feel like your work is leading to burnouts. The interesting work can lead to times when you keep working for long times, so sometimes a full day off can be useful for recharging.

It was a great learning experience

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of training, very high quality work, good colleagues

No much social interactions in the group off work

Its a great place to develop your skills - top of the industry - and if you do well, and the timing is right, you might be offered a full-time position