Intel Internship Program

Date: 2013

It was a great learning experience

Lots of training, very high quality work, good colleagues

No much social interactions in the group off work

Its a great place to develop your skills - top of the industry - and if you do well, and the timing is right, you might be offered a full-time position

Date: 2013

AMAZING, so thankful to have a career start after my master's. looking to be here for the long haul.

working with sr. folks, no one knows I'm an intern or treats me as such. Great perks- lots of growth potential.

I pretty much get handed anything everyone else doesn't want to do, great for learning, but wish some of my projects were more long term.

Meet people, connect, don't think you're above any task, be humble, treat others with respect, don't expect for anything to be handed to you, earn it and work for it- a lot of self teaching and being proactive.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is suited to be a manager, if you don't have people skills or experience with students/interns don't request an intern just to help you ease your workload. Have a project ready for them, and train them or have someone train them. Not everyone can handle sink or swim right off the back.

Date: 2013

Fast paced work with a lot of learning experiences.

The employee perks and benefits are the highlight of the intern program.

There was a separation from work and mentoring. I did not receive as much mentoring as I would have hoped. Team was heavily focused on their day to day duties and thought of me as a full time employee, as opposed to an intern.

Try to make a personal connection with your manager and your team. It really would have helped ease the anxious feeling you have every now and then when you are handed a task out of your comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Maneger involvement would have been nice to have a little more consistently. My manager was in a different state and only had weekly meetings. Someone who has been in my shoes, that could talk to me about out of work experiences would really have helped me settle in at the company.

Date: 2013

Fun and challenging time learning new things

The best parts were working with the team on the mainstream project and seeing my contributions help the team overall.

The training was spotty at best: I only met with my mentor once, and any practical training I had to ask people to help with.

I would say that working at Intel was a great opportunity to gain real-life skills and to experience CPU design.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be dramatically improved, especially in mentoring and practical workplace knowledge. Much of my training outside of the organized courses I had to discover by trial and error as well as asking frequent questions.

Date: 2013

A good team and communication can make all the difference

Great team and people, flexible to interests, requires knowledge from a variety of disciplines in mechanical engineering, flexible schedule, personal feel in a big company.

Disliked my initial project involving looking at code, small cubicle space (although everyone in the company is now like this), ocassionally start running out of things to do (although you can dig something up)

Specifically state the projects that the candidate is wished to help with, recommend review of variety of materials

Advice to Management

Class specific to a group, explaining all of the acronyms used. Explain timecard tool more effectively up front.

Lots of fun activities!

Great boss/mentor, had a great intern network for socializing.

It was hard to work around Intellectual Property issues.

This is a great place to work.

Great place to work

I have been given the opertunity to move where I want in order to improve my knowledge and to get different experiences. I have flexible hours that allow me to work with my school. There have been many different activities specific to interns to help us get the full experience.

This is more specific to my current positoin than other interns might have but I have no idea if I will be able to continue on working with this group after I graduate or not, so I still fill up in the air.

They will give you a lot of oppertunity to do different things. If you do not like what you are doing then talk to your manager and they will help you work on something that is interesting to you. I have loved it.

Advice to Management

I do not know if Intel helps students to further their education. I have not seen anything that talks about it. I am graduating with a bachlers and will be taking a break from school for a little while because I do not have the money to continue school. I need to first take care of my family though I want to get a masters.

Date: 2013

Great Company, Great Pay, Great Experience!

Chance to see how industry works. Able to network with and learn from full-time employees. Good pay.

Working with tons of internationals/language gap. Phone conferences with coworkers in other countries during afterhours.

Lots of room to find your niche. Being a large company it can be easy to feel a little useless but if you are willing to be proactive then there is tons of fun stuff to find and do.

Date: 2013

This internship at Intel OTC can be as close as open source community experience as possible

Work-life balance was excellent, my code and implementation were thoroughly reviewed before being accepted thereby making sure the implementation was of high quality

It could have been better to have a better discussion of my future after internship ends like future prospects of working in Intel. It would have been better since I have gained enough knowledge about Intel's work related to my group and can be use to good use as another Intel job opportunity.

In SSG - OTC, the work is good and at times can keep you interested for a long time. You are allowed to take full day off when you feel like your work is leading to burnouts. The interesting work can lead to times when you keep working for long times, so sometimes a full day off can be useful for recharging.

Date: 2013

It's more than a job, it's and adventure with acronyms

The sink or swim part. People looking to me for declarative answers and actionable solutions and my managers wanting me to succeed whether or not I stayed with Intel. And i'm not gonna lie: the health care. HUGE!

The politics of being an Intern. But dealing with the internal politics of the talking furniture here would be a bummer whether or not I was an intern.

Only work/intern here if you want to change things for the better and if you can wake up every day and bring that to work. We desperately need genuinely creative and passionate people. We've got enough awkward curmudgeons, thank you.

Advice to Management

Start calling people out when they create busy work for themselves to do in order to prop up a needless silo. Seriously consider the levels of abstraction in business ops and processes and their legitimacy. Please...? Thank you. Oh, and stop pretending that going to college makes people smart or more potent somehow. Start recruiting grey-hats and elites from the opensource and hacker communities based on raw talent and commitment to a better future.