Intel Internship Program

An Awesome Learning Experience

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

Date: 2013

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits - Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware - The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

great opportunity and experience

work life balance team building/cultural activities compensation location the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

Date: 2013

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking Great place to work where people care about you. Everyone is down to earth. Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!). Really good pay Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends I was given high impact projects Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

Date: 2013

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

n/a

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.

Date: 2013

Real-life experience in the industry and meaningful projects

culture and management

a lot of red tape

Intel is unbeatable in treating employees well

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Date: 2013

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

Date: 2013

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families. Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern. Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life. Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA