Intel Internship Program

Intern at Intel Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Awesome internship experience; adds great value to my resume.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

* Work nature - directly aligns with my academic work and current interests
* challenging tasks
* great pay
* good work atmosphere

* sometimes work was a bit repetitive

Best place to work!

Break-in Software Position

Flexible work schedule

My internship in particular had a fairly long ramp-up process.

This internship is good for breaking into professional software design, as well as the steps, directions, and interactions involved.

Advice to Management

Simplify the ramp-up process.

my 1st industry experience and I really liked and enjoyed working with the team
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Job description, manager and colleagues. Overall work environment.

Not much to say. Thoroughly enjoyed the internship

Please expect considerable expectations on the skill set in your resume. Be organized

Advice to Management

none

A learning experience you get paid for!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new things, meeting new contacts in the field, and making money.

Not as much training or direction as I thought and my assigned "buddy" or "mentor" was not around much to answer questions or teach me, but then I got to make my own tasks and learn on my own.

There are a lot of fun activities to participate in, especially for interns and recent college grads. The work experience and contacts you make are an invaluable asset as well as having been at such a big name company.

Advice to Management

Training and opportunity for full time employment.

get hands on experience with cutting edge technology
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great mentors, interesting projects, flexibility with work hours

i do not have anything to write about in this column

get hands on experience with cutting edge technology

Great work, great benefits, and a great environment! Plus free fruit and drinks!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real life job experience, great pay, fun team, great friends.

Smallish grey cubicle.

Great benefits and a great name to add to a resume. Assuming you don't get stuck on one of the few crazy teams you have great co workers who are very friendly and willing to help you out. You work on real products(usually) that are put to use while you are there. You own your project and are responsible for making it work.

Advice to Management

It can be a bit lonely and rough the first few weeks. Make sure that the interns have a list of things they can start working on right away. I had a whole week of downtime where I couldn't find stuff to do because my manager wasn't prepared for me.

Great people. Work hard play hard attitude. Great place to work. A leader in industry.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to apply my knowledge to real company problems and make a real difference. Working with great people. Learning about all the different opportunities for growth at the company. Internal engineering college just for company employees to keep their technical skills relevant going into the future.

Relocation function was a bit difficult to work with. Relocation was a binned processed and actual distance versus the companies interpretation fell into two different bins. The lower bin was still enough to drive myself to the internship but the outcome was a bit unexpected. The relocation function wasn't able to fix the issue so I had to take it to my boss who agreed to correct the issue.

If you can get an internship at this company I am certain you will be very happy with your experience, your pay, and your future opportunities for employment and career and educational growth. Different interviewers will ask different questions so be prepared for both very technical as well as very standard managerial / human resource questions. You may get one interviewer just asking technical questions and another just interested in questioned related to his/her own business needs or someone asking just generic HR type questions. No matter the case, make sure you communicate your knowledge of your field and of your ability to apply yourself to their business needs as well as the fact that you can work in the sorts of circumstances that the position calls for be it group or individual contributor etc...

Advice to Management

Relocation didn't do the best of jobs and was not able to directly deal with having underpaid my relocation. Calculations are made based on driving routes not actual distances and relocation services calculates travel based on movement from one metro area to another even if university address and internship location are easily available. My travel was just over 500 miles and was binned by the relocation function as 100-499 miles. The internship relocation form implies that the distance from the university to the business site will actually be used. This is not actually the case. If calculation of distances from addresses is too difficult for the relocation function the relocation form should be updated to clarify that the distance will be from local university metro area to the metro area the business position is located in. This change would avoid disappointed interns after they have turned in their relocation paperwork.

I was moved between several mangers between getting the assignment and my arrival. It took a few weeks to get my actual position to reflect my place in the electronic access and management structure. Getting access to restricted systems would have been much faster if EAM had reflected my actual manager upon my arrival instead of weeks after my arrival.

Excellent Career Focused engineering internship with real engineering work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exciting project, friendly co-workers, good intern program activities, great benefits.

project was too short, work hours not the most flexible.

Make sure the group you are working for does work that is actually relevant to you.

My efforts paid of really well

Pay, Location, Full-time opportunity

Can't really complain - but it would have been perfect if my job expectations could have been better conveyed to me

Intel is a gaint, with a great diversity in the job-spec. Make sue you get into the group/dept/team you want to.

Advice to Management

Again, can't really complain - but it would have been awesome if Intel promotes knowledge sharing. I feel that there is a lot of re-invention-of-the-wheel and duplication of efforts going on t Intel. There should be organization wide web-application which lists down all the internal tools and source code.

Intel Excels Internships
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work quality, mentorship, flexibility of hours, flexibility of vacation days, social life, coworkers, pay

nothing in particular

Be prepared to work hard, but not overworked, come ready to learn

Advice to Management

better promises of full time employment post graduation