Intel Internship Program

4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.

An Awesome Learning Experience
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

The opportunity to leave an impact on the future of computers by developing the technology of tomorrow.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a high degree of autonomy within this internship, and was encouraged to come up with my own ideas and projects to contribute to the company.

In this internship I took on all that I possibly could. In doing so I made my internship higher stress than is required for a high productivity work environment.

If you are planning on interning at Intel I would highly recommend opting for a longer internship. My internship was six months in duration, and I felt like the first half was far less productive as I was coming up to speed on the work environment and team expectations. In the second half of this internship I felt much more confident so I was far more successful at getting projects done.

Advice to Management

Intel is working very hard to make its inherently stressful environment more of a fun place to work. The Great Place to Work program is doing a good job of making this a positive work space.

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.

great opportunity and experience
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

work life balance

team building/cultural activities

compensation

location

the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen

Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

n/a
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

If you want to see what it's like to be a real engineer, intern at Intel. If you want to push papers, work somewhere else.
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as if I was a full-time engineer on my team and was given real tasks.

It had to come to an end.

Be prepared to work, but do not fear the work. If you manage to get a job at Intel, you will surely be able to handle the amount of work. (Can be laid back at times)

Advice to Management

CUBE REDESIGN AT THE FOLSOM LOCATION!

Wow! Working Here Is Awesome!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at Intel was very low-stress. You are given assignments and expected to complete them, but (at least in the case of interns) the work is very manageable, and you can rely on members of your team to be professional and help you if needed.

My manager and other members of my team held regular meetings for a long time that I wasn't invited to. I think a great internship experience is rooted in transparency and all-inclusiveness. I had to assert many times that I wanted to be included in these meetings before I started to be invited.

This is your opportunity to move your career along, gain real-world experience, make new friends and have a lot of fun doing it. Just grab the opportunities presented to you by the horns and give 110% effort. You get out what you put in. Also, go to all of the meetings and as many events as possible.

Advice to Management

A lot of the events that Intel held were during regular business hours. If you're an undergrad intern, you're paid an hourly wage, so you have to constantly check with your manager whether you can count the hours of an event towards your weekly hours or not. More often than not, this results in having to put in 4-5 hours overtime at odd hours of the day. I would advise management to just be open with your interns, and give them free reign to choose whether the hours they spent at an event should count towards their weekly hours, like an honor system. If anything, this can provide character building, and does more good than bad.

Also, invite your interns to all meetings!! Transparency!!