Intel Internship Program

work life balance

team building/cultural activities

compensation

location

the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen

Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.

An Awesome Learning Experience
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

An internship where you don't stop learning
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

The opportunity to leave an impact on the future of computers by developing the technology of tomorrow.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a high degree of autonomy within this internship, and was encouraged to come up with my own ideas and projects to contribute to the company.

In this internship I took on all that I possibly could. In doing so I made my internship higher stress than is required for a high productivity work environment.

If you are planning on interning at Intel I would highly recommend opting for a longer internship. My internship was six months in duration, and I felt like the first half was far less productive as I was coming up to speed on the work environment and team expectations. In the second half of this internship I felt much more confident so I was far more successful at getting projects done.

Advice to Management

Intel is working very hard to make its inherently stressful environment more of a fun place to work. The Great Place to Work program is doing a good job of making this a positive work space.

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking

Great place to work where people care about you.

Everyone is down to earth.

Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!).

Really good pay

Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends

I was given high impact projects

Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern

Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.

Wow! Working Here Is Awesome!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at Intel was very low-stress. You are given assignments and expected to complete them, but (at least in the case of interns) the work is very manageable, and you can rely on members of your team to be professional and help you if needed.

My manager and other members of my team held regular meetings for a long time that I wasn't invited to. I think a great internship experience is rooted in transparency and all-inclusiveness. I had to assert many times that I wanted to be included in these meetings before I started to be invited.

This is your opportunity to move your career along, gain real-world experience, make new friends and have a lot of fun doing it. Just grab the opportunities presented to you by the horns and give 110% effort. You get out what you put in. Also, go to all of the meetings and as many events as possible.

Advice to Management

A lot of the events that Intel held were during regular business hours. If you're an undergrad intern, you're paid an hourly wage, so you have to constantly check with your manager whether you can count the hours of an event towards your weekly hours or not. More often than not, this results in having to put in 4-5 hours overtime at odd hours of the day. I would advise management to just be open with your interns, and give them free reign to choose whether the hours they spent at an event should count towards their weekly hours, like an honor system. If anything, this can provide character building, and does more good than bad.

Also, invite your interns to all meetings!! Transparency!!