4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

An Awesome Learning Experience
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience
Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

The opportunity to leave an impact on the future of computers by developing the technology of tomorrow.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a high degree of autonomy within this internship, and was encouraged to come up with my own ideas and projects to contribute to the company.

In this internship I took on all that I possibly could. In doing so I made my internship higher stress than is required for a high productivity work environment.

If you are planning on interning at Intel I would highly recommend opting for a longer internship. My internship was six months in duration, and I felt like the first half was far less productive as I was coming up to speed on the work environment and team expectations. In the second half of this internship I felt much more confident so I was far more successful at getting projects done.

Advice to Management

Intel is working very hard to make its inherently stressful environment more of a fun place to work. The Great Place to Work program is doing a good job of making this a positive work space.

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking

Great place to work where people care about you.

Everyone is down to earth.

Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!).

Really good pay

Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends

I was given high impact projects

Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern

Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

great opportunity and experience
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

work life balance

team building/cultural activities

compensation

location

the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen

Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.