4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

n/a
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking

Great place to work where people care about you.

Everyone is down to earth.

Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!).

Really good pay

Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends

I was given high impact projects

Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern

Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

great opportunity and experience
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

work life balance

team building/cultural activities

compensation

location

the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen

Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

An internship where you don't stop learning
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

The opportunity to leave an impact on the future of computers by developing the technology of tomorrow.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given a high degree of autonomy within this internship, and was encouraged to come up with my own ideas and projects to contribute to the company.

In this internship I took on all that I possibly could. In doing so I made my internship higher stress than is required for a high productivity work environment.

If you are planning on interning at Intel I would highly recommend opting for a longer internship. My internship was six months in duration, and I felt like the first half was far less productive as I was coming up to speed on the work environment and team expectations. In the second half of this internship I felt much more confident so I was far more successful at getting projects done.

Advice to Management

Intel is working very hard to make its inherently stressful environment more of a fun place to work. The Great Place to Work program is doing a good job of making this a positive work space.

Great team work at Intel. I felt like I am feeting in and I am doing meaningful work.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was accepted by the team and treated with respect by other team members and my manager.

Current hireing freeze. I really want to work at Intel.

Intel is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Thank you for always finding the time for me.

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.