Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

great opportunity and experience

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

work life balance

team building/cultural activities

compensation

location

the work i got to do (meaningful and involved responsibilities)

more ambiguity than needed at first

Great compensation, work life balance and opportunity.

Advice to Management

more training would be good, but one of the best organizations I have seen

Trim the fat (too many employees being too conservative)

Networking and experience!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are really awesome

Free soda and sitting around made me gain weight! I need to start excersizing.

Just have fun with it!

Advice to Management

The move to agile is like stopping a mile long freight train going 100mph. You have to do it really slow and carefully or it will crash and burn.

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience

Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking

Great place to work where people care about you.

Everyone is down to earth.

Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!).

Really good pay

Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends

I was given high impact projects

Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern

Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

Real-life experience in the industry and meaningful projects

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture and management

a lot of red tape

Intel is unbeatable in treating employees well

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)