Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

An Awesome Learning Experience

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience

Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

Exciting, fun, lot of learning and made new friends.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I am working with is really good. All my team members are really supportive of me and they helped me to achieve my internship goals. The work I was given was very challenging and I like the work culture here. Intel is a good place to work.

Its very hard to think of something. May be the weather here in Arizona was the only bad thing.

Try to learn as much as possible while on the job. Try to enhance your skill sets, meet new people (networking is important) and also enjoy the work you are doing. Last but not the least, participate in internship events and have a lot of fun.

Advice to Management

Please hire the interns if they perform well. Companies invest a lot in the interns and then not hiring them at the end would be a loss for the companies as well as the interns.