Intel Internship Program

Intel is a great and challenging place to work. I have learned lots and am enjoying my job.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome team, flexible hours, managers that our responsive to my interests, and great opportunities to learn.

Not as people oriented as I would prefer. It is more difficult than expected to get a full time job.

Keep up to date on what the company your applying for is working on. Display your strengths that are applicable to the job you want. Be very willing to learn and express that.

Advice to Management

Be willing to teach your interns. Do not hire them for a permanent position unless you plan on bringing them on full time. Don't have us train our replacements.

Real-life experience in the industry and meaningful projects

culture and management

a lot of red tape

Intel is unbeatable in treating employees well

Great team work at Intel. I felt like I am feeting in and I am doing meaningful work.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was accepted by the team and treated with respect by other team members and my manager.

Current hireing freeze. I really want to work at Intel.

Intel is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Thank you for always finding the time for me.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience
Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

If you want to see what it's like to be a real engineer, intern at Intel. If you want to push papers, work somewhere else.
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as if I was a full-time engineer on my team and was given real tasks.

It had to come to an end.

Be prepared to work, but do not fear the work. If you manage to get a job at Intel, you will surely be able to handle the amount of work. (Can be laid back at times)

Advice to Management

CUBE REDESIGN AT THE FOLSOM LOCATION!

n/a
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.