4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

n/a
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexible hours; the people I worked with; other interns and how much fun they were.

Some of the projects could have been more exciting.

Intel might seem to be an 'older' company, but it really is great for a company in Silicon Valley. There are tons of opportunities here even if you aren't interested in hardware. Their software component is growing and will be more and more important in the future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured intern program with many more organized events and many more chances for interns to meet each other. One intern (my roommate) ended up organizing most of the events because the actual intern coordinator was based in Oregon. While she was nice, she wasn't really available to schedule things all the time.

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.

Real-life experience in the industry and meaningful projects

culture and management

a lot of red tape

Intel is unbeatable in treating employees well

An internship where you don't stop learning
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

Great team work at Intel. I felt like I am feeting in and I am doing meaningful work.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was accepted by the team and treated with respect by other team members and my manager.

Current hireing freeze. I really want to work at Intel.

Intel is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work. Thank you for always finding the time for me.

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur

Networking and experience!
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are really awesome

Free soda and sitting around made me gain weight! I need to start excersizing.

Just have fun with it!

Advice to Management

The move to agile is like stopping a mile long freight train going 100mph. You have to do it really slow and carefully or it will crash and burn.

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.