4.2 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 231 Intern Reviews)

If you want to see what it's like to be a real engineer, intern at Intel. If you want to push papers, work somewhere else.
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as if I was a full-time engineer on my team and was given real tasks.

It had to come to an end.

Be prepared to work, but do not fear the work. If you manage to get a job at Intel, you will surely be able to handle the amount of work. (Can be laid back at times)

Advice to Management

CUBE REDESIGN AT THE FOLSOM LOCATION!

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience
Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

Real-life experience in the industry and meaningful projects
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture and management

a lot of red tape

Intel is unbeatable in treating employees well

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

One of the best experience, Dream come true!
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the on-going projects and quality of work. Not side-lined with some irrelevant work as an Intern.

Compensation and bonuses.

The company does some of the best work in the world. They are the pioneers and excellent work environment.

Working at this company enabled me to work at a higher grade level then I could have ever imagined
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Respect of my mentors and peers was the best aspect. So often in school you are treated like dirt. You are herded through undergraduate studies and then you leave college with a large amount of debt and mental anguish. Since in this internship my opinion matters and my thoughts actually impacted development it taught me to choose my words carefully and contribute precisely whereas school teaches you to scream as loud as you can until someone is annoyed enough to listen.

Everything is fantastic. Learning the culture was difficult at first but after six months you understand it fairly well.

If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding internship I highly recommend Intel Corporation. We do everything from microprocessors to autonomous vehicle research.

Advice to Management

Compensation was low for the level of responsibility I was operating at. My peers say I "Run programs like an E5 engineer" if this is true I should be compensated for this level of responsibility. There are no performance evaluations and no focals. So we never get feedback on long term internships like mine (3 years.)

An Awesome Learning Experience
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with multiple groups and learning so many new tools and understanding how the corporate world works. It is so much different than School, and you are able to incorporate and bring in new ideas, there is always an ongoing urge to get things done and do well and make a difference.

There is nothing as such, sometimes not getting access to some confidential documents causes problems as you will not be able to proceed without some important information regarding projects.

If you want to learn something and work with different groups on cool projects, this is the place to be. Employees are really helpful and everybody values your own decisions.

Advice to Management

Well a few more relevant trainings regarding the tools that you are required to use will be helpful for someone new.

Diverse experience gives a strong foundation for multiple career choices in the future
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, as well as the amount of freedom I was given on my projects.

More guidance would have been useful at certain points

Act like an employee, not an intern. The best way to move up is to take on the duties of those above you in this particular company.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger structure of what needs to be done at least on one or two projects so the final results can make your interns feel confident.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.