Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Awesome place to work, build skills and network!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, skill building, location, flexibility

There is nothing I can think of to report as a con.

Be yourself, be open to learn, be alright to be wrong and re-learn and most of all treat each day here as an oportunity to network and expand your skills and contacts.

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations and be flexible.

Diverse experience gives a strong foundation for multiple career choices in the future

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, as well as the amount of freedom I was given on my projects.

More guidance would have been useful at certain points

Act like an employee, not an intern. The best way to move up is to take on the duties of those above you in this particular company.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger structure of what needs to be done at least on one or two projects so the final results can make your interns feel confident.

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience

Tempe, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

Benchmarking Intel next-gen CPUs to learn about the inner processes of a computer and its architecture

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Being treated like a full time employee and enjoying some full time employee benefits

- Working with the latest and greatest Intel hardware

- The sheer diversity of work that is done

- The monotony of some of the tasks involved with benchmarking (waiting for computers to boot, running the same tests over and over to get data)

Make sure you are comfortable with command line Linux coming into the internship, and that you have some scripting language knowledge.

Advice to Management

N/A

An internship where you don't stop learning

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

If you want to see what it's like to be a real engineer, intern at Intel. If you want to push papers, work somewhere else.

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated as if I was a full-time engineer on my team and was given real tasks.

It had to come to an end.

Be prepared to work, but do not fear the work. If you manage to get a job at Intel, you will surely be able to handle the amount of work. (Can be laid back at times)

Advice to Management

CUBE REDESIGN AT THE FOLSOM LOCATION!

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.