Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Opportunistic

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The benefits that come along with being an Intel employee.

Not permited a cubicle

Networking opportunities abound.

Educating

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in a professional environment with intelligent people

slow start

This organization is awesome and will treat you exceptionally well

Advice to Management

The initial introduction into my job role was very slow. I would like more initial training

A school like culture with real world work

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-world work experience.

The only thing I disliked about this internship was the duration; 3 months is not a very long time.

The culture is relaxed and the work is challenging.

One of the best experience, Dream come true!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the on-going projects and quality of work. Not side-lined with some irrelevant work as an Intern.

Compensation and bonuses.

The company does some of the best work in the world. They are the pioneers and excellent work environment.

Diverse experience gives a strong foundation for multiple career choices in the future

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, as well as the amount of freedom I was given on my projects.

More guidance would have been useful at certain points

Act like an employee, not an intern. The best way to move up is to take on the duties of those above you in this particular company.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger structure of what needs to be done at least on one or two projects so the final results can make your interns feel confident.

Wow! Working Here Is Awesome!

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at Intel was very low-stress. You are given assignments and expected to complete them, but (at least in the case of interns) the work is very manageable, and you can rely on members of your team to be professional and help you if needed.

My manager and other members of my team held regular meetings for a long time that I wasn't invited to. I think a great internship experience is rooted in transparency and all-inclusiveness. I had to assert many times that I wanted to be included in these meetings before I started to be invited.

This is your opportunity to move your career along, gain real-world experience, make new friends and have a lot of fun doing it. Just grab the opportunities presented to you by the horns and give 110% effort. You get out what you put in. Also, go to all of the meetings and as many events as possible.

Advice to Management

A lot of the events that Intel held were during regular business hours. If you're an undergrad intern, you're paid an hourly wage, so you have to constantly check with your manager whether you can count the hours of an event towards your weekly hours or not. More often than not, this results in having to put in 4-5 hours overtime at odd hours of the day. I would advise management to just be open with your interns, and give them free reign to choose whether the hours they spent at an event should count towards their weekly hours, like an honor system. If anything, this can provide character building, and does more good than bad.

Also, invite your interns to all meetings!! Transparency!!

Networking and experience!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are really awesome

Free soda and sitting around made me gain weight! I need to start excersizing.

Just have fun with it!

Advice to Management

The move to agile is like stopping a mile long freight train going 100mph. You have to do it really slow and carefully or it will crash and burn.

Development and Debugging

Development

Debugging.

Your biggest problem will be making your code work with the system

Advice to Management

make set up go faster.

Awesome place to work, build skills and network!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, skill building, location, flexibility

There is nothing I can think of to report as a con.

Be yourself, be open to learn, be alright to be wrong and re-learn and most of all treat each day here as an oportunity to network and expand your skills and contacts.

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations and be flexible.

Intel is a great and challenging place to work. I have learned lots and am enjoying my job.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome team, flexible hours, managers that our responsive to my interests, and great opportunities to learn.

Not as people oriented as I would prefer. It is more difficult than expected to get a full time job.

Keep up to date on what the company your applying for is working on. Display your strengths that are applicable to the job you want. Be very willing to learn and express that.

Advice to Management

Be willing to teach your interns. Do not hire them for a permanent position unless you plan on bringing them on full time. Don't have us train our replacements.