Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Educating

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in a professional environment with intelligent people

slow start

This organization is awesome and will treat you exceptionally well

Advice to Management

The initial introduction into my job role was very slow. I would like more initial training

A school like culture with real world work

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-world work experience.

The only thing I disliked about this internship was the duration; 3 months is not a very long time.

The culture is relaxed and the work is challenging.

Great to gain technical know-how, work with smart people, make some money while doing these things.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, meeting and networking with competent engineers in my area of work.

Can potentially delay your graduation from school.

Excellent benefit program, mindful of the best interests of the employee, great place to work, and really smart co-workers.

Advice to Management

You are already doing a good job. Continue doing the same.

Awesome place to work, build skills and network!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, skill building, location, flexibility

There is nothing I can think of to report as a con.

Be yourself, be open to learn, be alright to be wrong and re-learn and most of all treat each day here as an oportunity to network and expand your skills and contacts.

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations and be flexible.

Intern experiences career changing opportunity in equipment development.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The length of this internship was sufficient to see a project through to completion. Additionally, I was treated as a typical employee during meetings with suppliers.

The compensation was low for this type of position, responsibilities and time requirements.

This organization is project management intensive across a global organization. Your schedule needs to be flexible in order to accommodate all team members.

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

Intel Intern seeks to change the world from behind the walls of a cubicle

Lots of networking

Great place to work where people care about you.

Everyone is down to earth.

Open door policy where anyone can contact/communicate with anyone (yes even the CEO!).

Really good pay

Lots of fun events to hang out and get to know other friends

I was given high impact projects

Treated as a valued member on project teams - not just an intern

Flexible hours

Sometimes workload is slow and could get a little boring

Step outside your shell and spend as much time as you can meeting others, helping others out, and learning new things. If you don't have something to do, don't waste your time, go find something to do that is helpful and beneficial to you! This is your internship - rock it!

Advice to Management

You guys rock and make me feel very valued and fortunate to be an intern here. Keep treating your employees with the utmost respect and it helps keep the workplace a great environment. Thanks!

Intel Intern helps save the company millions of dollars!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Technical trainer/help- I was given a buddy and a technical trainer at the beginning of my internship and they never were too busy to meet with me. always willing to help and were great people to work with. I admire all that they do for the company and their families.

Group- I loved my group. We did things outside of work together and had a lot of fun. I never felt put down or inferior even as an intern.

Real-life experience- I actually felt like what I was doing was important and I got a good sense of how work really is. I'm a student so it was nice to see corporation life.

Networking

I didn't like that I was mobile. I didn't have my own desk to leave stuff at but I was given a locker and an area to work at. Althought I worked there every day, it technically wans't mine and I had to clean it off every day. I carried my laptop and cord everywhere instead of just leaving all my cords there. It was nice to have a locker but I would have prefered to have a desk.

FANTASTIC company to work for. You set your own schedule and take on what you can. Great people and flexibility. Always changing- never a dull moment.

Advice to Management

Get rid of smoke shacks around RA

An internship where you don't stop learning

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse environment with a full immersion; always an opportunity to learn; easy to network and get yourself out there

Some political play that you need to be wary of; just as easy to be stagnant as it is to progress and learn

Emphasize your will to learn and grow. Experience helps, but it is more about adaptability and learning potential with creative applications of acquired knowledge.

Advice to Management

Run more checks on some of the management. There are some that made it a poor environment to work at. 3 others and myself left our contracts early to avoid working under this individual any further. Only 1 poor experience though, I've been very happy with my new group.

ME at Intel: Learn Statistical Analysis

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good learning experience; many training courses available. High pay and good benefits.

Conducting reliability tests can get very dull.

If you're a mechanical engineering student, a semiconductor company probably should not be your first choice for an internship. That said, Intel can teach you some very useful tools for data analysis and designing for reliability.