Intel Internship Program

Opportunistic

The benefits that come along with being an Intel employee.

Not permited a cubicle

Networking opportunities abound.

Date: 2013

A school like culture with real world work

The real-world work experience.

The only thing I disliked about this internship was the duration; 3 months is not a very long time.

The culture is relaxed and the work is challenging.

Good Times

Freedom to work hard a learn quite a bit. Independent work that actually supports department projects. Real work. Kinda.

Probably could use more feedback.

make sure to network/get to know as many people as possible

Advice to Management

none

Date: 2013

Diverse experience gives a strong foundation for multiple career choices in the future

Pay, as well as the amount of freedom I was given on my projects.

More guidance would have been useful at certain points

Act like an employee, not an intern. The best way to move up is to take on the duties of those above you in this particular company.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger structure of what needs to be done at least on one or two projects so the final results can make your interns feel confident.

Date: 2013

Technical Training, Growth, and Networking highlight the Intel Internship Experience

I like working on a diverse range of projects and the people are enjoyable to work with. I like the benefits such as health insurance, fresh fruit, participation in the employee stock purchase plan and cash bonuses. I like the family activities they provide, like going to movies, the circus, or area attractions. I like the range of technical training you can get.

I felt the first few weeks were really slow with getting ramped up and ready to be in a position to contribute. There was a lot of mandatory corporate training I had to take. I felt my team could have been better prepared to welcome a new intern and guide me through the first few weeks.

Be a team player and very willing to learn new things. Be prepared to navigate a large corporate culture that has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see each new intern/employee set up with a mentor that will take them under their wing for the first couple weeks and help them get oriented in this large company. I think they should spend the majority of their time together those first couple weeks to build trust, answer questions, and just guide them in how things are run, what expectations are made for the intern or new employee, and introduce them to all the key players on a project.

Date: 2013

Awesome place to work, build skills and network!

Networking, skill building, location, flexibility

There is nothing I can think of to report as a con.

Be yourself, be open to learn, be alright to be wrong and re-learn and most of all treat each day here as an oportunity to network and expand your skills and contacts.

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations and be flexible.

Date: 2013

Go as fast as you can in this direction, but we're going to change it next week.

I really enjoy the people I work with. My team is very supportive of each other and are genuinely nice people.

Poor organization, minimal direction, simple job.

Try to get more details about daily tasks you will be performing to make an educated assessment of whether you want to join that team.

Advice to Management

Don't hire college graduates, especially with an engineering degree. This job is very basic and could be done with a humanities degree.

Networking and experience!

The people I work with are really awesome

Free soda and sitting around made me gain weight! I need to start excersizing.

Just have fun with it!

Advice to Management

The move to agile is like stopping a mile long freight train going 100mph. You have to do it really slow and carefully or it will crash and burn.

Date: 2013

Working experience which aligns with my educational goals.

Everyone here is very approachable and for the most part, easy to talk to. I think communication is one of those important pieces that most people take light of and it really helps to accomplish my work. Also, there is always constant change, which grows to challenge me as an individual.

My learning style preference is to have clear direction in meeting the goals. Sometimes, I do not have that clear direction. However this enables a challenge for me to navigate on my own to figure out how to do things on my own. If I really feel stuck, my manager is helpful in assisting me to bridge my gaps.

Get outside of your comfort zone. While in school, you can go through a rigorous material that is focused in one subject. However, during your internship you will experience how many people from different backgrounds work together to accomplish goals. If your able to step outside your comfort zone and assist where needed, I think it would help to make you stand outside the crowd when your applying for a full-time regular position.

Learning While Actively Participating in Projects

the work I get to do, intern events, friendliness and approachability of my team and fellow engineers, flexible hours

location - how early everything closes in Folsom, CA

Intel really puts their interns first, trying to make all of us feel welcome and encourage us to want to stay for full time

Advice to Management

more clear on how frequently one-on-ones are supposed to occur