Intern at Intel Internship Program? Submit a Review

Good friends, great money, actual work, and flexibility

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as a valued contributor rather than as a know-nothing student. My input is appreciated here, and that really resonated with me.

Unlike other big names in tech companies, Intel puts less emphasis on small perks like free cafeteria lunches (which would've been great, because the Intel Café has good food).

Ownership is key. Everything at Intel comes down to project ownership. If you own your projects, and are willing to treat them like the most important things happening in your work-life, you can expect to be successful. Care about the things that are assigned to you in the same way that Noyce and Moore cared about Intel when it got started.

Advice to Management

New Employee Orientation needs some kind of overhaul. That was a 7 hour meeting jam-packed with just about 2 hours worth of agenda items. I think it'd be nice if NEO were either shortened due to lack of content, or filled with more valuable information.

I learned more over the last 6 months than I have in the 3 years I have been at college.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning professional CAD tools.

I did not like that I had to drive through rush hour to get to work.

It is one of the best internship experiences out there. Intel really knows how to treat their interns and make sure they have the best experience possible.

Great to gain technical know-how, work with smart people, make some money while doing these things.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, meeting and networking with competent engineers in my area of work.

Can potentially delay your graduation from school.

Excellent benefit program, mindful of the best interests of the employee, great place to work, and really smart co-workers.

Advice to Management

You are already doing a good job. Continue doing the same.

Diverse experience gives a strong foundation for multiple career choices in the future

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, as well as the amount of freedom I was given on my projects.

More guidance would have been useful at certain points

Act like an employee, not an intern. The best way to move up is to take on the duties of those above you in this particular company.

Advice to Management

Have a stronger structure of what needs to be done at least on one or two projects so the final results can make your interns feel confident.

Intel is a great and challenging place to work. I have learned lots and am enjoying my job.

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome team, flexible hours, managers that our responsive to my interests, and great opportunities to learn.

Not as people oriented as I would prefer. It is more difficult than expected to get a full time job.

Keep up to date on what the company your applying for is working on. Display your strengths that are applicable to the job you want. Be very willing to learn and express that.

Advice to Management

Be willing to teach your interns. Do not hire them for a permanent position unless you plan on bringing them on full time. Don't have us train our replacements.

Development and Debugging

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Development

Debugging.

Your biggest problem will be making your code work with the system

Advice to Management

make set up go faster.

Networking and experience!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with are really awesome

Free soda and sitting around made me gain weight! I need to start excersizing.

Just have fun with it!

Advice to Management

The move to agile is like stopping a mile long freight train going 100mph. You have to do it really slow and carefully or it will crash and burn.

One of the best experience, Dream come true!

Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the on-going projects and quality of work. Not side-lined with some irrelevant work as an Intern.

Compensation and bonuses.

The company does some of the best work in the world. They are the pioneers and excellent work environment.

Thermal Engineering Analyst for Tablets and Components

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being exposed to real projects that would be used in the future.

Work was sometime very tedious and sometimes not very hands on.

Network a ton! You'll likely find somewhere else you can work within the company if you don't like your current work.

Awesome place to work, build skills and network!

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, skill building, location, flexibility

There is nothing I can think of to report as a con.

Be yourself, be open to learn, be alright to be wrong and re-learn and most of all treat each day here as an oportunity to network and expand your skills and contacts.

Advice to Management

Be clear on expectations and be flexible.