The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

The best summer with some of the most intelligent and passionate people in the world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people you work with and the culture of learning

the hours can get long and take organization to handle

look at the culture of the office and the organization you are joining.

Interning at BCG was the best investment I could have made in myself and my career
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility they gave you--they treated me like a real employee

I wish I could have traveled more

BCG is a great place to grow, especially for someone coming out of undergrad because of its diamond structure. You will not get the same learning experience at any other firm--including McKinsey and Bain.

fantastic
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the intense focus on my development and learning, the interest in helping me balance work and life responsibilities

there is nothing I did not like

I had opportunities at other major consulting companies and pursued BCG because of the smart and interesting people with whom I interacted throughout the recruiting process.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Student experiences tremendous growth, it's just the beginning.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Continuous feedback from peers and supervisors, responsibility for real work that was presented to clients, responsive HR department, activities to build relationships with other interns that went beyond happy hours, and welcoming culture.

Would have liked to have a forum for sharing experiences with peers earlier in the summer (didn't start until 3/4 done).

Beyond the baseline of being prepared to comfortably work thorugh a case the most important thing you can do to prepare is build a relationship with one of the recruiters or staff members at the firm you are interested in. Doing so differentates you from the crowd and gives you an internal advocate which is incredibly important.

Advice to Management

I am very satisfied with BCGs culture and policies.

Fantastic place to spend the summer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

High level of responsibility, supportive culture, strong mentorship

Less partner interaction on my case due to team structure

I was deciding between BCG and McK and went to the office where I felt a stronger cultural match. For me at least, that worked out well--you have to work with the people every day, so it's important that you like them.

Rewarding and challenging, a BCG experience is everything (and more) an intelligent and ambitious college student could ask for.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Unbelievable amount of responsibility given to summer interns; Very supportive and friendly corporate culture where managers truly take an interest in your development and learning; Regular peer reviews and reviews from your manager to make sure you know how you're doing; plenty of social events over the summer to integrate us as a summer class and also with the rest of the firm - included a weekend in Miami!

The assignment of projects for the summer could've resulted in hit or miss cases for few of the interns. Since we are there only for 10 weeks, chances are we are staffed on one case for the entire summer so if you don't get a case/industry you are particularly interested in, it might not reflect a true BCG full time experience where the diversity of opportunity is greater.

BCG is a place that knows how to keep employees happy. This is important for anyone entering the corporate world. They keep you engaged with the work you do and with the sociable and friendly culture at the firm.

Advice to Management

I have absolutely no complaints.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Attention Candidates Looking to Make Copies and Pick up Coffee: Steer Clear of BCG
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work, client interaction, bright and interesting colleagues, office culture, social aspect

No clear negatives stand out.

When considering BCG, understand that your training, your office resources and your colleagues will put you in a place for success but that you will be routinely pushed outside of your comfort zone. You will be asked to do work equivalent to a full-time employee for large and powerful clients. The result is an unparalleled growth opportunity. You will be delighted by a full social schedule revealing that life doesn't end after college.

Advice to Management

I would mandate a minimum level of participation in optional training sessions of one's choice to ensure that the interns take full advantage of the resources provided to them

Amazing and Accelerated Career Development: My Summer as an Associate with BCG
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The emphasis BCG puts on mentorship in the office and career development is exceptional. My case team and numerous people throughout the office really took the time to make sure I had a successful transition and successful summer, which really positively impacted my overall experiences. BCG also provided a lot of extremely helpful training, which was very helpful in transitioning the summer associates into the office and work culture.

For some people, it may have not been the most realistic representation for what it's like to work for the firm full-time. My project provided me with consistent work and was very representative, but some of the summer associates their work was slower and a bit more erratic (which was more due to the nature of the projects they were staffed on).

It's important to talk to people at the firm to get a sense of the work culture, but BCG is a really fantastic place to begin your career. It will provide you with exceptional training, mentorship, contacts/network, and also career assistance when you want to make your next career transition

Immediate exposure to and voice in solving the world's most complex business problems.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, interesting work, great lifestyle, incredible training & development opportunities, plentiful mentorship and apprenticeship, well organized!

Social events sometimes too grueling (not a real con).

This internship is the MOST incredible opportunity an undergraduate can have if they are interested in learning more about business and working in an academic-like culture.

Advice to Management

Make sure the program isn't so focused on drinking events -- be a little bit more creative to be inclusive of everyone.