4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 182 Intern Reviews)

Incredible experience at top-notch firm
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG and the work.

Sometimes hours are long but it was always management.

It's an incredible place with a special culture - everyone loves it here!

The perfect transition from education to professional growth
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the content, the skills, the responsibility, the training, the support, the perks, the work/life balance, the respect, the other interns, the travel, the location, the feedback

Nothing specific comes to mind!

Ask lots of questions, speak up, listen well, stay calm and in control, be humble, ask for help, this is the best place to grow and accelerate your career

Advice to Management

No specific advice comes to mind

When everyone in the office including the partners say they're jealous of the interns, pay attention.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Summer Intern Events (happy hours, summer architectural boat tour, Second City, Partner Intern Dinner, Cubs Game, BBQ, etc.), Passport lunches (free lunches where you can take a partner or principle out to lunch), Office retreat to Mackinac Island in Lake Michigan, sponsored significant other visit during the summer, ability to take ownership on a module, ideas treated with respect and interest even though you are young, interesting intelligent and down-to-earth people surrounding you

Sometimes it is intimidating being surrounded by very competent, fast, and intelligent people on your case team who seem to know exactly what they are doing, where you find yourself struggling to keep up when usually things come easy. I feel very intellectually challenged, but I think that is a good thing too.

This job is both intellectually challenging, yet they really care about their people and try to make the job as sustainable as possible. They realize that getting the internship is very challenging and that gives you street cred as you walk in the door.

Advice to Management

N/A

Providing impact even during short 10 week internship
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the case team, the people, engagement with partners

I didn't get to travel

the case interview is very similar to the actual job

BCG Summer Internships: Honesty over Selling.
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The realistic nature of the work. Seeing my work presented to clients and being able to relly own my modules. The expectation for an intern is high, and they treat you like a full-time employee, making for a steep improvement in your performence in the first few weeks.

The summer experience depends heavily on the project manager and case that the intern is staffed on. Therefore, the intern must try to extrapolate an average of all the cases over the summer instead of referring to his/her own.

Find someone to trust in the company--someone who will be honest with you and walk besides you with your concerns and doubts. It makes for a much more comfortable experience.

Advice to Management

Training could be a bit more rigorous to lessen the learning curve.

Challenging and rewarding, with incredible responsibilities and opportunities from day one.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to really dig into what consulting is like on a day-to-day basis

The specific project that I was working on

BCG is an incredibly well-run organization: everything from training to feedback to work environment is extremely polished. I have yet to work in an environment as impressive as this one.

On your mark, get set....Go!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, stimulating projects, full-time responsibilities, predictable time off (PTO), team and company events

Long hours and sometimes relentless pace

The opportunities for personal development are great. The number of hours can be high.

Advice to Management

Manage expectations of long hours up front.

Living life as a management consultant for 10 weeks
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of responsibility very quickly, brought into team immediately as full team member, interesting work

Long hours, some busy work

Speak up early--you have a role on your team, and people want to hear your ideas/opinions!

Advice to Management

Nothing--they were great

The best training ground - rapid personal and professional development in a supportive, collaborative and fun environment
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really like the people I work with. Everyone is very friendly and supportive even if I have never spoken with him/her before. I know that I can walk into anyone's office and ask them a quick question and they would never say no.

I also like how exciting the job is. They know what I'm capable of doing and slowly pushes me by giving me challenges that I can handle. A lot of this job is on-the-job mentorship and training, which BCG does really well. We are also encouraged to meet senior people in the company.

The summer class is very close-knit - we hang out during summer activities hosted by BCG but also host our own activities together outside of work.

Feedback is highly valued in this company and is one of the main ingredients for the huge learning curve on the job.

A huge group of summer interns started on the same date making it hard for everyone to get staffed on a case on day 1. I would like to have more oversight on what I would be working on. I also think we have really good exposure / opportunities to meet senior people, but would also like to get to know more associates and consultants.

1. BCG truly likes to help each other. It is a very supportive culture and everyone helps each other even if he/she is very busy. Rarely anyone says no when asked for help.

2. BCG consultants and office assistants appreciate each other. Consultants are encouraged to get to know office assistants as well in addition to meeting other consultants at the company.

3. BCG strongly emphasizes feedback. You need to be able to take feedback and act upon feedback in order to succeed. There will always be room for improvements.

4. You will always be on your feet. BCG never lets you feel too comfortable - they will always give you something that will push you a little further.

Advice to Management

Possibly include some training throughout the summer. The days of training in the beginning was helpful, except it was hard to understand how it applies to the job until you start working on a case.

A
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

After work events, intern retreat

Not sure how late we will end each night

Meet as many people w/in the firm as possible!