4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 182 Intern Reviews)

BCG is a place to learn and develop further than anywhere else in the world.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG have been amazing. We have had terrific access to people at all levels in the organization.

It's difficult to take a full role on the project as an intern because of the timing and your capabilities when you start.

Over-communicate, take advantage of the access in the firm, and enjoy yourself!

Action packed learning with very smart people
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, and the client and the resources for learning

nothing, I think the internship program is very good

nothing to share at this time

Advice to Management

NA

Travel a steep learning curve with the help of great and intelligent people
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people; being trusted with work for a client; learning a ton

There are times that the case is not the most interesting

BCG is the best and guaranteed wonderful summer experience

Advice to Management

Nothing

High impact introduction to management consulting
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Direct client interactions. Visible client impact. High intensity and rigorous and energizing work environment.

Occasionally nebulous direction from team.

Highly thought driven atmosphere that demands constant attention to detail and accuracy. Environment will push you to think about questions analytically and logically and will develop your problem solving skills immensely. Must be able to work on very ambiguous problems to be successful.

Strategy meets fun: 10 weeks of high-flying problem solving with a sea of new friends
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ownership of my work, high-quality feedback on a weekly basis, ample opportunities to get to know fellow interns and staff at all levels, wonderful recruiting team.

Struggling to think of anything -- maybe could add a tad more optional training on how to set up a three-tab analytical model for newbies like me. Not a big deal though, as plenty of online internal training resources are available.

1. Don't be afraid to ask BCGers how much they travel, what they do and don't like about their work, etc. These were important differentiators for me, and I found BCG staff very candid, which I can confirm based on my observations this summer. 2. Meet as many people as you can--connections you make in recruiting can be important as an intern.

Experienced outstanding dedication to developing, challenging, and supporting the individual, a real community
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office mates and friends, hanging out on the weekends, Starwood points and flying business class

It can be challenging to adjust to the time management - you manage your own hours which can be long, but are much better when managed well and balanced against sleep, etc.

If you care about integrity, creativity and critically thinking about how to deliver value for a client, BCG is a good fit work-wise. If you like being around sociable, friendly, extremely smart people who are absolutely dedicated to sharing their experiences, BCG is a good fit people-wise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more senior women role models

Providing impact even during short 10 week internship
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the case team, the people, engagement with partners

I didn't get to travel

the case interview is very similar to the actual job

A rewarding and stretching learning experience
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Steep learning curve. Expected to do real work.

Nothing negative to say. I've really enjoyed my time. Honest truth.

Can't think of anything I'd rather do out of undergrad.

The most fun and fulfilling summer I have ever had while working hard at the same time
Detroit, MI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-The people are a ton of fun to work with

-There are lots of great events and activities to participate in every week outside of work

-The culture is very fun and upbeat

-Everyone is very willing to help you when you need it

-The money is good and the hours are not bad at all

-The opportunity to travel if desired makes the experience so much more exciting

-The opportunity to contibute to the team and the amount of ownership given to interns right from the start is outstanding

Sometimes the work that you are asked to do can come with veyr little instructions and can seem quite ambiguous at the beginning. However, this allows you to really take ownership of your module and make it what you want it to be.

You need to get some sort of a sense of how much you want to travel because it is possible that you will be on the road Monday through Thursday every week. This sounds like a lot of fun to some people, but not so much fun to others. There is probably about a 50-60% chance of being on a traveling project during the summer internship, but the staffinf coordinaters do try to take and preferences or requests that you might have into account as much as possible.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are amazing but the salary/bonus is a bit low. I think it would be better to even scale back some of the money spent on team dinners, events, etc. and use it to offer a higher salary.

Brilliant colleagues, balanced lifestyle
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Helpful and collaborative colleagues, wealth of support and enrichment opportunities

Irregularity of working hours