Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Work with a smart, talented, diverse team on complex problems.

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Compensation, perks, benefits
- Culture
- Great people
- Interesting work
- Encouraged formal and informal networking opportunities with senior leaders and alum
- Travel opportunities

- long hours

- Hire based on personality, demonstrated teamwork ability, intellectual curiosity and tenacity.

Phenomenal team, heavy responsibilities, exciting results

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to take ownership of my own modules, a great case team that truly worked together as a unit

Don't have issues that stand out

The people here really do stand out - they care for you as a colleague and friend. The office culture is very healthy, and you will be able to strike a good work/life balance. Great potential for professional development as well.

Realistic experience in consulting and exposure to a strong feedback oriented culture

Bethesda, MD | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Transparency of the review process, social activities for interns, willingness of senior staff and partners to sit down and talk with interns, exposure to other casework through intern programming, good compensation, great case team

Submitting expenses for travel, hours were long, social activities filled up many weekends leaving little free time outside of work events.

Be prepared to jump in on day one. Ask for feedback frequently and ask for what success at the end of the summer looks like. Work on improving any areas of development that are identified. Speak up in case team meetings.

Learning a lot from great people

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved my client and case team. We helped our client solve a difficult problem. The office culture was very supportive and empathetic, which helped me feel comfortable asking for help when I needed it. The recruiting team did a great job building a strong sense of community within our intern class

Hours were long, though not any worse than I expected

Talk to as many people as possible during the recruiting process to feel out your cultural fit for the firm

HBS Intern Gains Valued Consulting and Travel Industry Experience

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client senior leadership, ability to work in a troubled industry that's very interesting to me, cool fellow interns and colleagues

Acclimating to communicating with family/friends on weekends mostly vs. mix in prior job

It met or exceeded every expectation set during recruiting

Advice to Management

Great job!

Unable to disclose

More than I expected it to be, in every possible way (learning, growth, development, interest level)

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- my team (great to hang out with, learn from - gave me the opportunity to try new things, figure things out for myself, own my modules)
- development opportunities - every time I conquered one "area for development", my manager would work with me to figure out where I could improve next. Constantly felt like I was learning and growing - never felt stagnant

Specific to one individual I worked with - didn't like the element of unpredictability - things would come up out of nowhere (meetings, deliverables etc.) - don't mind working hard, just like to have a little advance notice. Also don't like that some of the staff seem to just live on a different planet due to the amount of money they make - sometimes make condescending remarks about lower-paid jobs (like hey, my parents come from backgrounds like that - no need to be so cutting ..)

All of the consulting firms do similar work - try to find one where you feel a good fit with the culture. They're a little more different than people might expect.

Be open to trying new industries and functions outside of your background / interest area - may learn more than you think and may also find something you just love.

- Both Round 1 interviews are traditional case + mix of behavioural questions
- Round 2: first interview is a rigorous written case with some behavioural questions, second interview is a lighter case (similar to Round 1) with more behavioural questions

BCG: The Best Internship Experience Possible

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the BCG Internship was the Passport Meal program. Interns are actively encouraged to dine with Partners and Principals throughout the summer. Although they are the highest level in our firm, these senior co-workers prioritize these breakfasts/lunches/dinners in order to candidly share their career paths, speak broadly and specifically about the firm, and genuinely get to know the intern class.

Unfortunately in consulting, one case is very different then the next. There was a wide variety of summer case experiences given the nature of clients, teams, and work so there is no "typical" summer. I think BCG makes every effort to eliminate more unfairly challenging summer experiences, but there is bound to be one or two and for those few interns the summer may not be as rewarding.

If you want a consulting firm that places internal people development on the same scale as external client relations, then BCG is the firm for you.

A journey with ups and downs: Ultimately successful

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Bonding with fellow interns; Speaking with partners about their experience; Learning in-depth about a new industry

Working long hours; Agonizing over PowerPoint slide creation

BCG takes care of its people plain and simple. It is a supportive environment as a whole.

Rewarding, challenging summer

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with; the content of my project; the events that the company hosted; meeting people in the office outside of my project

The irregularity of the hours

Consider both the company as a whole and the office-- different offices definitely have different vibes

Advice to Management

Nothing stands out-- truly great summer

Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a time you were on a team that struggled. Tell me about a time that you were on a team that succeeded.

Rigorous learning experience with sharp co-workers that are invested in your experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Smart coworkers willing to help, challenging problems to solve

Clients can be a pain