The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Get paid to develop your skills

Mentorship, high caliber teams

Long hours

Think about who you wouldn't mind being stuck in an airport with.

Fast paced, incredibly rewarding internship experience that sets the stage for a great career.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People who I worked with -- extremely bright colleagues. Team environment.

Hours and intensity of the work.

First, decide whether or not consulting would be right for you. Talk to current consultants (ideally people you are friends with) and also ex-consultants. Find out exactly what it's like to be a consultant. Then meet all the firms and get an idea of the different cultures between the firms. Figure out where you have the best fit.

BCG Summer Associate internship is extremely comfortable, and great opportunity to meet smart people and learn lots of new skills.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG are phenomenal -- kind and bright.
The hours in my office were excellent, and for the interns are kept artificially low.
We were monitored constantly to make sure we were having a good time and learning a lot.
All of the interns got along extremely well, and it didn't hurt that we were taken out for happy hours and fancy dinners multiple times per week.
The central thesis of the internship was "Please take our job offer!" It was almost assumed that each of the interns was going to get a full-time offer (we all did) and BCG was trying to make the summer as fun and exciting as possible so that we'd accept our offers (we all did).

The internship may not be totally representative of what it's going to be like to work there full-time. We were treated to lots of dinners and special events, and our hours were monitored to make sure we weren't working too hard. I've been told from previous interns that it's a little weird to go back and not be doted on anymore.

BCG really seems to care deeply about making its employees happy. They invest tremendously in employee development and comfort. The culture is collegial and friendly and transparent (perhaps to a fault). Candidates should be sure that they want to be challenged by bright people and rapidly develop their strengths/weaknesses via frequent feedback.

Advice to Management

The Chicago office of BCG, in addition to being beautiful, really seems to be a happy, healthy place to work.

meaningful work, real client impact

Very strong team culture
Trust interns with significant client responsibilities, with structure and support to make sure you succeed

The consulting lifestyle may not be for everyone, though BCG is one firm that seems genuinely committed to helping employees find a sustainable work-life balance

It is important for candidates to really speak with as many people as possible in the office and practice areas that they are interested in.

Fantastic professional growth and development opportunity

Intellectual challenge

Long hours

Great commitment to work life balance

Exactly what I was looking for: lively office, challenging projects, solid personal development
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It's been said many times, but BCG really cares about its employees. People from the bottom to the top are constantly checking in to make sure that you're learning what you want to. And yet there is not slack on the quality of output.

The trade-off for diversity of experience is that you can't go deep on each project in ten weeks. But I think I saw what I needed to see.

Your case interviews matter, but BCG really looks for fit. They care about things like authenticity, humility, and kindness - and it shows in their people.

Work with driven intelligent people

colleagues, office culture, pay

powerpoint

Get to know the culture of the office and the firm in making your decision.

Advice to Management

More training and predictable work hours