The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Opportunity to solve challenging business problem with group of amazing people
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Far and away, my favorite part about the internship was the people.

Since every project is very different, at times it was difficult to know whether my experience was "normal."

Get to know the people at BCG - find out what gets them excited and makes them passionate both about their work and in life.

Unexpected experiences that were eye-opening and enjoyable
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to own one's module and continual feedback

Some of the work goes unnoticed, voiding the hard work put into making the deck

Best advice is to be at ease with oneself and be yourself

A challenging, fun, and rewarding experience that mirrored life as a consultant.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG are fantastic, and I truly enjoyed working with them even when the client or case demands were difficult. The entire case team simultaneously made me feel like a valued employee while also providing constant opportunities to learn and develop. I truly learned more in ten weeks at BCG than I did during two quarters of business school.

Work/life balance issues could have been improved. Some frustrations dealing with expense reimbursement when being recruited (not on payroll)--paper/mailing system feels antiquated.

BCG takes its value proposition as a top employer seriously, and invests in you as someone who hopefully will return to the firm full-time. The professional development and training you receive on-the-job during the summer is fantastic and allows you to truly create value for your client.

Exactly what I was looking for: lively office, challenging projects, solid personal development
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It's been said many times, but BCG really cares about its employees. People from the bottom to the top are constantly checking in to make sure that you're learning what you want to. And yet there is not slack on the quality of output.

The trade-off for diversity of experience is that you can't go deep on each project in ten weeks. But I think I saw what I needed to see.

Your case interviews matter, but BCG really looks for fit. They care about things like authenticity, humility, and kindness - and it shows in their people.

meaningful work, real client impact

Very strong team culture
Trust interns with significant client responsibilities, with structure and support to make sure you succeed

The consulting lifestyle may not be for everyone, though BCG is one firm that seems genuinely committed to helping employees find a sustainable work-life balance

It is important for candidates to really speak with as many people as possible in the office and practice areas that they are interested in.

Fantastic professional growth and development opportunity

Intellectual challenge

Long hours

Great commitment to work life balance

Work with driven intelligent people

colleagues, office culture, pay

powerpoint

Get to know the culture of the office and the firm in making your decision.

Advice to Management

More training and predictable work hours