The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Incredible opportunity to build operational skills in a variety of roles and industries
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team, terrific culture, challenging projects, and the opportunity to better myself.

Long working hours during certain days

Great internship! Take it if you can get it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

High impact from day one.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They did a great job building comraderie among interns. Great balance between social and professional get togethers.

I was going to school about 45 minutes away so had a bit of a commute.

You have to be prepared to adapt quickly and handle a great deal of ambiguity.

Great introduction to a consulting career at BCG
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to actual client projects and real work on those projects

At times it was a challenge balancing intern events and project work

Be sure to know what a career in consulting entails - don't be suprised waht working in consulting is like. Many like it, but it is not for everyone.

Come learn under some of the most talented business minds in the world
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to diagnose problems and work through complex issues in a structured manner from talented individuals who know business as well as relationships. I learned and developed a lot through the 10 week process. The feedback I got was comprehensive and really gave me a roadmap to improving myself as a leader

Lot of travel

Evaluate the personalities of all the consulting firms and see where you fit the best. Most of them are very similar but specific culture differences exist

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on making the lifestyle sustainable

Excellent opportunity to contribute meaningfully as a real consultant
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people on my teams.

Sometimes unpredictable hours.

Expect to learn a lot in this internship and develop mentors while you're there.

Great firm with interesting people and exciting work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture of openness and constant self-improvement

Stressful work

Strong commitment to hiring talented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Staffing is a bit of a black box

BCG Summer Associate internship is extremely comfortable, and great opportunity to meet smart people and learn lots of new skills.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG are phenomenal -- kind and bright.
The hours in my office were excellent, and for the interns are kept artificially low.
We were monitored constantly to make sure we were having a good time and learning a lot.
All of the interns got along extremely well, and it didn't hurt that we were taken out for happy hours and fancy dinners multiple times per week.
The central thesis of the internship was "Please take our job offer!" It was almost assumed that each of the interns was going to get a full-time offer (we all did) and BCG was trying to make the summer as fun and exciting as possible so that we'd accept our offers (we all did).

The internship may not be totally representative of what it's going to be like to work there full-time. We were treated to lots of dinners and special events, and our hours were monitored to make sure we weren't working too hard. I've been told from previous interns that it's a little weird to go back and not be doted on anymore.

BCG really seems to care deeply about making its employees happy. They invest tremendously in employee development and comfort. The culture is collegial and friendly and transparent (perhaps to a fault). Candidates should be sure that they want to be challenged by bright people and rapidly develop their strengths/weaknesses via frequent feedback.

Advice to Management

The Chicago office of BCG, in addition to being beautiful, really seems to be a happy, healthy place to work.

A challenging, fun, and rewarding experience that mirrored life as a consultant.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at BCG are fantastic, and I truly enjoyed working with them even when the client or case demands were difficult. The entire case team simultaneously made me feel like a valued employee while also providing constant opportunities to learn and develop. I truly learned more in ten weeks at BCG than I did during two quarters of business school.

Work/life balance issues could have been improved. Some frustrations dealing with expense reimbursement when being recruited (not on payroll)--paper/mailing system feels antiquated.

BCG takes its value proposition as a top employer seriously, and invests in you as someone who hopefully will return to the firm full-time. The professional development and training you receive on-the-job during the summer is fantastic and allows you to truly create value for your client.

Opportunity to solve challenging business problem with group of amazing people
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Far and away, my favorite part about the internship was the people.

Since every project is very different, at times it was difficult to know whether my experience was "normal."

Get to know the people at BCG - find out what gets them excited and makes them passionate both about their work and in life.

Fantastic internship experience in management consulting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Colleagues, corporate culture, mentoring, great feedback structures and culture, interesting projects and work, great supervisors, good work/life balance for the industry

your experience is very much dependent on your staffing but that's to be expected in this industry and while there is some variation, no staffing situations are actually bad situations in an absolute sense, just relative to what you could have at BCG

Ask for help and ask for feedback often. BCG is really invested in your growth and you should not ever feel like you can't ask for these things.