Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Amazing experience, but be prepared to work hard!

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, great perks, and great investment in all the interns.

Long hours.

Best company. Don't think too much, just apply!

Fast paced, employee focused culture with real data analysis

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team, very smart people, fast paced, exciting to travel, interesting work

Repetitive - lot of powerpoint/excel/other programs. May feel too on rails for the more creative.

If you're good with a little more structure, appreciate a place where they do take care of their people, then BCG is great

Typical case interviews

Great people, interesting work, valuable exposure to client's and BCG's businesses

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quickly seeing how high performing teams function and being integrated into the workflow.

At times my experience was a bit isolated.

Very smart and nice people employed by a company that has their best interests in mind.

See 'BCG Case Interview' questions

Advice to Management

PTO will be an important consideration in my decision whether or not to accept my full-time offer to BCG; I felt lucky to have exposure to two case teams that leveraged this program and I think it is important that all summer interns are able to experience the same.

Pushing your mind where you never thought it could go to solve huge problems (with a great group of people).

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project, the opportunity to stretch my mind, the people I got to work with every day, the opportunity to tackle big problems no-one has solved before.

I would have liked more opportunities to meet with the other interns.

Throw yourself in 100%. The more you engage in the internship the more you will get out of it. If you want to push your mind right to its limit and then take another step beyond that, this is the job for you.

A large producer of fertilizer has been losing money because of a new GMO that doesn't require fertilization. What do you do?

Advice to Management

I think it would be great to give the interns more opportunities to interact with each other. Increased flexibility on location/mobility (particularly as the economy continues to move towards a geographically dispersed workforce).

Challenging work with dedicated team, realistic of the life of full-time consultants

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, colocating with team, office dynamic

Senior team was not always present / available - nature of their jobs

Get to know the people and learn through them what works best at the firm - you will feel the chemistry if it is the right fit.

Strategy consulting

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the ability to work autonomously with high-level client stakeholders

Not applicable

Take initiative and over-communicate

Advice to Management

Not applicable - great internship

I got to experience what being a BCG consultant is like. It is a demanding but rewarding job.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting an inside view of what the work really is. Interacting with the people you would be working on in the future and figuring it if you like them or not.

I worked on an organizational restructuring case and that is not my favorite topic.

Try to get to know people who work for the firm. It is very hard to evaluate the job in itself from the outside; it is easier to determine if you like the people that work at each firm.

Case interviews and behavioral questions.

Advice to Management

The hours are pretty demanding but I guess that is much more a function of the industry rather than of the firm. The employee base could be a little bit more diverse.

High-impact casework in the healthcare industry with an outstanding team

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to generate meaningful content, numerous learning opportunities, structured social interactions with peers and greater office, work-life balance

Unfortunately, due to duration of the internship, was unable to see the end result of my work on my case.

Ensure that you request (and receive) timely feedback, push for opportunities to engage with the Partner(s) / Principal(s), and push for speed-to-output at maximal levels.

1.) Give an example of a time where you made an impact with the client / a team

Advice to Management

Perhaps more transparency on the social calendar to ensure adequate participation; planning more events on weekends to enable those on remote cases to participate.

10 week crash course on analysis and presence. Realistic window into life of FT consultant

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, program structure, people

Less opportunity to interact with home office, given 4 day a week travel schedule

Good way to find out if you'd like the consultant life style

Great place to work.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours. Comp. People.

Lots of travel.

Come prepared to add value.