Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great learning and people.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great learning and people.

No personal life during weekdays.

Be yourself, and be social.

Great oportunity to live a real consulting experience while actually delivering value to clients

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great project team and very valuable mentoring.

Flexibility to manage time allocation to complete work

Various activities and events outside the case work to get to know the office, the people and the culture.

Staffing completely met interests for industry/function/location.

Learning about project a few more days in advance would help be better prepared for day 1

Great for fast paced learning of multiple industries and roles.

Great company to build a strong network of co-workers/friends/mentors.

Multiple opportunities to shape work to fit with other aspects of life such as family or social service.

Steep learning curve but a very rewarding experience

Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Lots of great social events to get to know both the full-timers and the other interns

-Firm worked hard to give a "real" case experience so that I could get a good idea of what I'd be signing on for in the long-run

-Continuous real-time feedback helped me learn tons throughout the summer

Originally wasn't a huge fan of the industry I was working in but the case turned out to be really interesting regardless.

Speak up early and often -- you'll be expected to contribute your ideas right away

Amazing experience, but be prepared to work hard!

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, great perks, and great investment in all the interns.

Long hours.

Best company. Don't think too much, just apply!

Great experience leads to full time offer

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was paired with a very good team for the summer. My PL was a great guy who is not only extremely smart but also cared about making sure I had a good summer. The other consultants I worked with were great as well. The work itself was interesting. I got paired with a partner sponsor for the summer; we checked in with each other fairly regularly and he was there to help make sure I was getting what I wanted out of the internship as well. Plus, there were a ton of really fun intern events (almost one per week), which were followed by bottle service at the club about 60% of the time.

I actually had fairly reasonable hours (~55/week) but if you're going to go into consulting, you just have to be aware that it can get a lot worse than that. After about 65 hours/week, I start to feel unbalanced and stop enjoying my work as much. Work at BCG, as in any consulting firm, has the potential to be like that. BCG has implemented PTO (google it) to help ensure life as a consultant is sustainable.

Meet as many people as you can from each consulting firm you're considering. BCG, Bain, and McKinsey do have different cultures, and it's important to find which one(s) you vibe with best. The work is fairly similar between MBB, so is the pay, and so are the exit opportunities. The cultures are different, so pay attention to that.

A real glimpse into the roles and responsibilities of a BCG consultant, and the chance to add value to a functioning project team

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project team interactions, exposure to senior office leadership, high client exposure, real responsibility, challenging/interesting work

Client service comes with its challenges

You spend a lot of time working in groups - people make the place

Great place to work.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours. Comp. People.

Lots of travel.

Come prepared to add value.

Challenging work with dedicated team, realistic of the life of full-time consultants

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, colocating with team, office dynamic

Senior team was not always present / available - nature of their jobs

Get to know the people and learn through them what works best at the firm - you will feel the chemistry if it is the right fit.

10 week crash course on analysis and presence. Realistic window into life of FT consultant

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, program structure, people

Less opportunity to interact with home office, given 4 day a week travel schedule

Good way to find out if you'd like the consultant life style

Deep development and phenomenal network of support

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supportive management - Partners very involved in my development

At times longer hours - also traveling across the country to the client

Ask questions - everyone is there to support you.

What is your greatest weakness?

Advice to Management

Loved the team events - keep them coming!