Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Steep learning curve but a very rewarding experience

Toronto | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Lots of great social events to get to know both the full-timers and the other interns

-Firm worked hard to give a "real" case experience so that I could get a good idea of what I'd be signing on for in the long-run

-Continuous real-time feedback helped me learn tons throughout the summer

Originally wasn't a huge fan of the industry I was working in but the case turned out to be really interesting regardless.

Speak up early and often -- you'll be expected to contribute your ideas right away

BCG: where people are more invested in your growth and happiness than even you are

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, including mentorship, quality, and affability; work-life balance (I never worked more than 55 hours in a week, and start time was flexible); high-quality experience (working for a Fortune 50 client in the precise industry and function I requested) and client exposure; generous compensation, expense policy, and office space; many activities for interns to get to know each other, the office, and the city

We at times had unpredictable work demands, but never on two consecutive days.

Try to meet a few BCGers before applying. You'll know whether it's a fit or not. Each company has a distinct personality. Make sure you know who you are and what you want, and be able to explain how BCG fits into that.

Why consulting? Why BCG?

Learn a lot, start a career, have an awesome time

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to incredibly talented peers and inpressive clients

Truly had no complaints

Have a blast, take pride in your work, think about your client's perspective

BCG trusts interns with tons of responsibility and ownership over work while providing amazing mentorship

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Tons of responsibilities and ownership

Amazing mentorship

Incredibly fun events

Challenging environment

Bright people all around

Sometimes the hours can get a bit intense

If you want to gain true business acumen while learning about multiple and diverse aspects of strategy and management in corporations from the brightest and most creative minds in the industry, BCG is the place to start your career

A real glimpse into the roles and responsibilities of a BCG consultant, and the chance to add value to a functioning project team

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project team interactions, exposure to senior office leadership, high client exposure, real responsibility, challenging/interesting work

Client service comes with its challenges

You spend a lot of time working in groups - people make the place

Great experience leads to full time offer

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was paired with a very good team for the summer. My PL was a great guy who is not only extremely smart but also cared about making sure I had a good summer. The other consultants I worked with were great as well. The work itself was interesting. I got paired with a partner sponsor for the summer; we checked in with each other fairly regularly and he was there to help make sure I was getting what I wanted out of the internship as well. Plus, there were a ton of really fun intern events (almost one per week), which were followed by bottle service at the club about 60% of the time.

I actually had fairly reasonable hours (~55/week) but if you're going to go into consulting, you just have to be aware that it can get a lot worse than that. After about 65 hours/week, I start to feel unbalanced and stop enjoying my work as much. Work at BCG, as in any consulting firm, has the potential to be like that. BCG has implemented PTO (google it) to help ensure life as a consultant is sustainable.

Meet as many people as you can from each consulting firm you're considering. BCG, Bain, and McKinsey do have different cultures, and it's important to find which one(s) you vibe with best. The work is fairly similar between MBB, so is the pay, and so are the exit opportunities. The cultures are different, so pay attention to that.

High-impact casework in the healthcare industry with an outstanding team

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to generate meaningful content, numerous learning opportunities, structured social interactions with peers and greater office, work-life balance

Unfortunately, due to duration of the internship, was unable to see the end result of my work on my case.

Ensure that you request (and receive) timely feedback, push for opportunities to engage with the Partner(s) / Principal(s), and push for speed-to-output at maximal levels.

1.) Give an example of a time where you made an impact with the client / a team

Advice to Management

Perhaps more transparency on the social calendar to ensure adequate participation; planning more events on weekends to enable those on remote cases to participate.

Phenomenal consulting summer experience

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the company culture.

I loved the people and the company culture.

Have a positive attitude.

Excellent Place to Learn and Grow with Great Co-workers

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Lots of opportunities for learning

-Expected to perform and given real tasks to complete

-Very fast pace, you'll never be bored

-Given a lot of responsibility, and interaction with people people at high levels of client organizations

-Hours could be long (typically 55-60), but that's a given for this type of job

Be mindful of what you're looking for, this is a great job but it's not a 9-5.

Deep development and phenomenal network of support

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supportive management - Partners very involved in my development

At times longer hours - also traveling across the country to the client

Ask questions - everyone is there to support you.

What is your greatest weakness?

Advice to Management

Loved the team events - keep them coming!