The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Learn, laugh, and grow with BCG's one of a kind internship

The awesome people, the challenging and stimulating work, and the friendly and down to earth company culture. I also got to travel to client sites which was a unique experience.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

If you aren't afraid to be thrown into a challenging environment, one in which you're forced to quickly learn and work hard, then this internship is for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly, nothing really comes to mind again.

Date: 2013

BCG is a place to learn and develop further than anywhere else in the world.

The people at BCG have been amazing. We have had terrific access to people at all levels in the organization.

It's difficult to take a full role on the project as an intern because of the timing and your capabilities when you start.

Over-communicate, take advantage of the access in the firm, and enjoy yourself!

Date: 2013

The most fun and fulfilling summer I have ever had while working hard at the same time

-The people are a ton of fun to work with -There are lots of great events and activities to participate in every week outside of work -The culture is very fun and upbeat -Everyone is very willing to help you when you need it -The money is good and the hours are not bad at all -The opportunity to travel if desired makes the experience so much more exciting -The opportunity to contibute to the team and the amount of ownership given to interns right from the start is outstanding

Sometimes the work that you are asked to do can come with veyr little instructions and can seem quite ambiguous at the beginning. However, this allows you to really take ownership of your module and make it what you want it to be.

You need to get some sort of a sense of how much you want to travel because it is possible that you will be on the road Monday through Thursday every week. This sounds like a lot of fun to some people, but not so much fun to others. There is probably about a 50-60% chance of being on a traveling project during the summer internship, but the staffinf coordinaters do try to take and preferences or requests that you might have into account as much as possible.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are amazing but the salary/bonus is a bit low. I think it would be better to even scale back some of the money spent on team dinners, events, etc. and use it to offer a higher salary.

Date: 2013

Amazing people; impactful work; excellent opportunities and growth

1. Quality of the people in the firm and the support they give interns 2. Development opportunities 3. Perks / benefits

It being client services

Try to get a sense for the firm and office culture

Date: 2013

Amazing opportunity to be a part of BCG, get to know the firm, and have real responsibilities and impact at the client.

1. Large intern class allowed for many insights into the firm & work 2. Very structured program- great balance of social activities, firm knowledge sessions, and work

1. some interns were on projects they didn't love, but that is the case at any consulting firm.

Talk to the people. If you like interacting with BCG people, you'll love it here. BCG doesn't put up a false front when recruiting, so take note of what they are saying!

Date: 2013

Impactful experience at the highest levels of business while being surrounded by very intelligent people.

The particular office/system I was a part of had very friendly, personable, and intelligent people. The consultants on my particular team were very helpful and incredibly good at their job, which allowed me to learn from them. The problems we were solving were interesting and at the top of the senior management's agenda. The clients we were working with and presenting to were at the highest levels of major companies. The level of responsibility given to interns was substantial and allowed for a great learning curve. The resources were provided to us (feedback, training, knowledge teams) to help us succeed in the internship.

Anything here would be nitpicky, the internship is the best you can get in my opinion if you are interested in consulting, or business in general.

Work hard during the interview process to get the job - It is well worth it in the end. However, make sure you are truly passionate about consulting and the work consultants do, otherwise you may balk when hours get long.

Date: 2013

A snapshot of the education you'll receive as a management consultant, with the social support network to help you transition

The reality of my case experience, the sense of ownership I felt over my work, and the social connections the company helped facilitate

Most interns, including myself, were only exposed to one case experience--would be nice if timing worked out to get multiple, shorter experiences

This is definitely the best job you can have as a 22-year-old, and starting as an intern softens the transition to an extremely challenging profession

Brilliant colleagues, balanced lifestyle

Helpful and collaborative colleagues, wealth of support and enrichment opportunities

Irregularity of working hours

Think different

Fun, Social, Intelligent People Solving High-Level Fortune 100 Company Problems

Challenging Work People Development Perks Social Events Career Opportunities Unbelievable Learning Experience

Unpredictable client interactions Unpredictability in general

Hard interview process, but once summer internship experience is the unrivaled--exceeded my expectations by 10X

Date: 2013

Excellent introduction to consulting and life at BCG

all employees caring a lot about the interns intern events

Nothing in particular comes to mind

Getting to know the people is the best way to get a good feel for the company and what it is about.