The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Intern at The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Internship provides exceptional project responsibility, client interaction and partner engagement
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interaction with partners, commraderie in the office, engaging work

short timeline means interns must get up to speed quickly

No place better to accelerate your understanding as a business leader.

Rewarding and challenging, a BCG experience is everything (and more) an intelligent and ambitious college student could ask for.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Unbelievable amount of responsibility given to summer interns; Very supportive and friendly corporate culture where managers truly take an interest in your development and learning; Regular peer reviews and reviews from your manager to make sure you know how you're doing; plenty of social events over the summer to integrate us as a summer class and also with the rest of the firm - included a weekend in Miami!

The assignment of projects for the summer could've resulted in hit or miss cases for few of the interns. Since we are there only for 10 weeks, chances are we are staffed on one case for the entire summer so if you don't get a case/industry you are particularly interested in, it might not reflect a true BCG full time experience where the diversity of opportunity is greater.

BCG is a place that knows how to keep employees happy. This is important for anyone entering the corporate world. They keep you engaged with the work you do and with the sociable and friendly culture at the firm.

Advice to Management

I have absolutely no complaints.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A consulting experience that is as real as it gets. Great access to senior partners, genuine mentorship and custom-tailored experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

(a) Great access to senior partners - be it through scheduled events or informal ones like lunches and coffee chats; (b) mentorship: thorough process of evaluation and feedback that was genuinely aimed towards my self-development; (c) custom-tailored experience: giving me projects and work that I am excited about

Internship is usually just one or two projects - and given the duration of ten weeks, it is hard to evaluate consulting as a career choice

BCG"s core strength and differentiator is a people-oriented culture. Understand the strength of that culture and see if that appeals to you.

Incredible opportunity to build operational skills in a variety of roles and industries
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team, terrific culture, challenging projects, and the opportunity to better myself.

Long working hours during certain days

Great internship! Take it if you can get it!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Unparalleled experience with smart, down-to-earth people in an incredible city.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Brilliant teammates, intellectually challenging work, quality work-life balance.

Very little actually.

Be sure to think long-term!

High impact from day one.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They did a great job building comraderie among interns. Great balance between social and professional get togethers.

I was going to school about 45 minutes away so had a bit of a commute.

You have to be prepared to adapt quickly and handle a great deal of ambiguity.

Fantastic place to spend the summer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

High level of responsibility, supportive culture, strong mentorship

Less partner interaction on my case due to team structure

I was deciding between BCG and McK and went to the office where I felt a stronger cultural match. For me at least, that worked out well--you have to work with the people every day, so it's important that you like them.

Incredible opportunity for learning, leadership and personal development in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture, training and personal development, supportive work environment and challenging work

Travel Monday through Thursday

Research many similar firms, try to meet as many people as possible, and find which firm 'fits' you best.

Advice to Management

Limit travel to client to only times that are completely necessary

Incredible learning experience, unsurpassed opportunities, excellent colleagues and mentors
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the office, getting project work experience, working with great people, making an impact on an incredible project/client.

Would have liked to travel a little more.

Get to know the firm and individuals who you will be working for and with.

Exceeding expectations

Project assignment

My lack of experience

Don't be afraid to ask questions