The Boston Consulting Group Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Student with little business experience learns a lot

On the job experience

Realistically, it's tough to become an equal member of a team as a temprorary intern

It's hard work, but they truly respect you as a person

Date: 2013

Incredible experience at top-notch firm

The people at BCG and the work.

Sometimes hours are long but it was always management.

It's an incredible place with a special culture - everyone loves it here!

Date: 2013

The perfect transition from education to professional growth

The people, the content, the skills, the responsibility, the training, the support, the perks, the work/life balance, the respect, the other interns, the travel, the location, the feedback

Nothing specific comes to mind!

Ask lots of questions, speak up, listen well, stay calm and in control, be humble, ask for help, this is the best place to grow and accelerate your career

Advice to Management

No specific advice comes to mind

Date: 2013

The most fun and fulfilling summer I have ever had while working hard at the same time

-The people are a ton of fun to work with -There are lots of great events and activities to participate in every week outside of work -The culture is very fun and upbeat -Everyone is very willing to help you when you need it -The money is good and the hours are not bad at all -The opportunity to travel if desired makes the experience so much more exciting -The opportunity to contibute to the team and the amount of ownership given to interns right from the start is outstanding

Sometimes the work that you are asked to do can come with veyr little instructions and can seem quite ambiguous at the beginning. However, this allows you to really take ownership of your module and make it what you want it to be.

You need to get some sort of a sense of how much you want to travel because it is possible that you will be on the road Monday through Thursday every week. This sounds like a lot of fun to some people, but not so much fun to others. There is probably about a 50-60% chance of being on a traveling project during the summer internship, but the staffinf coordinaters do try to take and preferences or requests that you might have into account as much as possible.

Advice to Management

I think the benefits are amazing but the salary/bonus is a bit low. I think it would be better to even scale back some of the money spent on team dinners, events, etc. and use it to offer a higher salary.

Date: 2013

Learn, laugh, and grow with BCG's one of a kind internship

The awesome people, the challenging and stimulating work, and the friendly and down to earth company culture. I also got to travel to client sites which was a unique experience.

Honestly, nothing comes to mind.

If you aren't afraid to be thrown into a challenging environment, one in which you're forced to quickly learn and work hard, then this internship is for you.

Advice to Management

Honestly, nothing really comes to mind again.

Date: 2013

BCG is a place to learn and develop further than anywhere else in the world.

The people at BCG have been amazing. We have had terrific access to people at all levels in the organization.

It's difficult to take a full role on the project as an intern because of the timing and your capabilities when you start.

Over-communicate, take advantage of the access in the firm, and enjoy yourself!

Date: 2013

Action packed learning with very smart people

the people, and the client and the resources for learning

nothing, I think the internship program is very good

nothing to share at this time

Advice to Management

NA

Date: 2013

Perfect case experience, team and office culture. I couldn't have asked for a better summer experience.

The work is interesting and challenging. The internship class is diverse and bonded quickly. There were a lot of fun events throughout the summer.

There was nothing that I didn't like.

Make sure to engage with on-campus representatives early in the process. While breadth is important, get to know a couple people really well.

Date: 2013

High impact introduction to management consulting

Direct client interactions. Visible client impact. High intensity and rigorous and energizing work environment.

Occasionally nebulous direction from team.

Highly thought driven atmosphere that demands constant attention to detail and accuracy. Environment will push you to think about questions analytically and logically and will develop your problem solving skills immensely. Must be able to work on very ambiguous problems to be successful.

Date: 2013

Consulting at BCG is fun, interesting, intellectually challenging

Real substantive work experience, mentorship, team collaboration

Traveling to client site each week

Great coworkers, intellectually interesting, very well organized internship program