Mercer Talent Consulting Intern (fka Human Capital Consulting Intern) Internship

Fun learning environment that was challenging yet very rewarding
Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the closeness of the group that I worked with, and the variety of the work that I was able to be a part of.

There was not a specific aspect that I disliked.

I would say to for sure evaluate company culture, because that was a big part of why I enjoyed Mercer so much.

Great people. great opportunities
Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great, i had a lot of exposure to upper level management.

The actual work can sometimes get very monotonous.

Talk to all the principles and partners and learn as much as you can from them.

Advice to Management

Try to give more feedback, be more specific with what I can improve.

Project diversity and fun culture
Chicago, IL | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project variety

Limited feedback from supervisor

Mercer (at least the Chicago office) is a complete meritocracy, which makes people put in as much as they want to get out. It also runs very autonomously with extremely flexible hours, which for me was desirable.

A great way to get insight into Human Capital Consulting work.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility I was given.

Sometimes the work I assisted with was not intellectually challenging, but then every job has aspects that are less interesting.

It's truly a meritocracy: if you work hard, you will be rewarded.

An immersive, diverse, and rewarding experience of a specified consulting field.
Atlanta, GA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variety of projects across a number of industries and fields was one of the best aspects of the internship. Being exposed to and learning about so many companies allowed for what I think to be one of the best internship or pre-work opportunities available. Though Mercer specializes in human capital consulting, the number of different areas that fall under the human cap umbrella kept the work very interesting. Additionally, the people at Mercer were very willing to help me learn and grow from the experience, while completely trusting me with as much work as I appeared to be able to handle.

The only con that I identified during the internship experience at Mercer was its lack of structure. While this lack of structure allowed me to work on a large variety of projects, if I had not been staffed on certain key projects I feel I would not have gotten nearly the same experience as I did.

If you are interested in exploring the consulting field, Mercer provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in multiple industries. Though the program is a bit unstructured, having an entrepreneurial mindset going into the internship will provide great opportunity with the collegial atmosphere of the company.

Mercer creates a fun work environment with many opportunities for learning
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people at the office were incredibly smart, fun, and supportive. I really enjoyed the office culture. I also learned so much from my peers and superiors about general strategy thinking and excel modeling.

The work-life balance isn't great. The hours can be long and not very flexible.

Mercer is a great place to learn and a fun place to work, so it's worth a small work-life balance sacrifice. You will learn more than you ever thought possible, and do it with great people!