Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.

Opportunity of a Lifetime
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.