Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

An excellent opportunity to obtain real-world experience
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed that I had a lot of flexibility. I was encouraged to solve different problems on my own.

I wish I could have helped out on more major projects instead of working on side projects most of the time.

Be ready to work hard every day!

I loved the work I was doing and the people I was working with.
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was doing was stimulating and challenging. I really enjoyed working with the teams I was assigned to, and everyone is willing to help each other.

There was nothing that I did not like about the internship.

The corporate culture at Booz Allen and the emphasis on work/life balance are what attracted me to this firm.

Excellent Cyber Internship
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture, amount of resources given

That it had to end.

I would definitely consider the internship and see if you like it.

Informative, Valuable, and Practical Internship Experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship really prepared me in what to expect when working after graduation. I learned many things from my project managers, colleagues, and the project itself. There was a very nice atmosphere with all of the employees, and everyone was willing to help you if you needed any. Also, we were given the opportunity to take a class and the exam for a Security+ certification.

It would have been nice to be able to be more slective with your project and the subject matter you will be working on.

Look for a company that really intrugues you and you will enjoy working for. Also, where ever you get an intership at, work your hardest and get the most from your experience because there is a lot you can learn.

Amazing eye opening experience that revolutionized my idea of future employement

Pay, atmosphere, experience

It wasnt longer?

Amazing opportunity which provides a challenge but people dont jump over each other for promotions rather everyone can get promoted without stepping on each others toes

Researching and mitigating threats in mobile security
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Emphasis on training and self management while still working as a team

The team could have been better organized

Interns should be prepared to learn and to direct their own research. Not all problems are tractable and interns need to know how to investigate problems that may not have a solution. An internship is a fantastic way to get your foot into the door of the security industry, which tends to ignore candidates who do not have prior work experience

Advice to Management

The firm could be more proactive in setting up after work activities for the interns.

Great learning experience and networking experiences to best find the right fit for me
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, sense of community, learning benefits, career advancement

Distance from home

Take advantage of networking opportunities, it will make your job more enjoyable as you find the right place for you

Booz Allen introduced me to the real world and tested my abilities.
Dulles, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, working style, projects, and the many locations were the best parts of the internship.

Since most of my project managers were away on business, there was little direction.

It would be good to k ow that you must keep busy and find work to do if you find yourself stuck or lost.

Advice to Management

I would like to make sure that I know exactly what to work on everyday rather than have to find people to explain when I don't know what to do.

Internship program focused on creating full-time prepared employees
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good team work. Access to leadership of all levels. Good social setup. Interesting projects. Helpful experts. Real work, as opposed to busy work. Prepares students for actual full-time opportunities

Really wasn't anything I disliked about my internship

This is one of the few internship programs that provides real world work that could be applied to clients, and treats interns as real employees. Projects are given on a "this is the goal, get to it how you feel best" bases, as opposed to a step-by-step hand-holding terms. Leadership is very able and willing to help, and social gatherings are common.

Advice to Management

Pull interns out of their comfort zone a little. Require large presentations and proposal setups, as well as forcing interns to act as an organized team.

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.