Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Opportunity of a Lifetime
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

Great exposure to private sector and cybersecurity work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My involvement in multiple facets of my division (production and management). The number of options to self-improve outside of work (Security+ and CEH training offered, along with lectures).

Less involvement with other interns than I would have liked

Consulting work at Booz can be one of the most interesting career choices but only if when you get there you have the drive to chase after projects, get to know people in other divisions, and always try to self-improve.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.

Interning at Booz Allen was a rewarding and fun experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom given to me by the staff was great. I was placed on a team given a project then we were trusted to produce a great product. I was never treated like an intern.

Benefits interns receive such as certification training was determined by my department. My department had limited funds so I was not able to do certifications while I talked to other interns that were funded for certifications.

Booz Allen’s interview process for interns is extremely different from other companies with Booz using a speed dating style of interviews. Keep an open mind and show every department that you can contribute. Once you get hired don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as long as you do work and try the managers will notice.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to expose the interns to different parts of the company. I enjoyed working at my department but never had an opportunity to see what other departments actually do.

Great networking opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

built investment project from scratch with small team of coworkers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly & helpful coworkers/management, interesting work

System administration expectations

Overall a very good place to work with good prospects for full time employment after graduation

BAH Internship to promise great experience and education, falls short.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to meet with senior leaders of the firm.

Projects were il defined. Equipment (in some cases) was not enough to complete the assigned tasks. Overall, the managers did not seem ready for interns.

Make sure to ask if the intern projects have been defined and that there are clear goals for the interns to reach

An Introduction Into the World of Consulting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People I worked with, Knowledge and experienced gained. Freedom of decisions.

The interview process was not as rigorous as it could have been, and was vague on what we would be doing.

Don't put anything on your resume you don't want to do.

Advice to Management

Hire interns to the projects and have the projects set before hand, do not hire people and then assign them to projects they might be good at.

Lots of exposure within the organization but not to the client; Too many sharks and too much politics
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Decent summer pay, networking opportunities

Organizational culture, disorganized leadership, low salary for full-time offer, poor client exposure

The organization is suffering and even interns can feel it. Several full-time employees had reviews while I was there and no one was being paid what they deserve or being promoted appropriately.

Advice to Management

More training, better promotion policies, better employee retention