Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Opportunity of a Lifetime
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

An enjoyable and educational experience that gave me the experience and confidence to enter the workforce.
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My fellow team members and the great atmosphere and morale at work.

There was some ambiguity related to my tasking in the beginning of the internship.

I was a co-op for a specific department, which is different than the regular intern program. But, my experience was that Booz Allen does an amazing job taking care of its interns. They give you lots of opportunities to meet higher-ups and access their firm-wide resources. They are known for their career mentoring program, and they definitely emphasize that for interns.

Advice to Management

When I first arrived in the summer, there was some confusion about my placement, which was frustrating, because I felt at one point like I had to interview for an internship that I was already supposed to have. That being said, the situation was resolved when one of my previous managers heard about it and brought me back to his team.

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

Great networking opportunities
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

Valuable opportunity for career exploration in the field of technology and consulting
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great Networking
- Experience in a professional environment
- Opportunity to get to know the consulting profession
- Great, down to earth career advice
- Encouraged to explore the company and ALWAYS ask questions

- I wish I had the opportunity to work with other interns or full-time employees more frequently, most of the time I was on my own

The program is what you make of it. I was able to explore different projects, and interact with different capabilities within the company because I took the initiative to do so. If you ask questions, and explore, you will have a great time!

Advice to Management

I didn't so much care for the hoteling process. It was difficult to form relationships with employers and other interns since contact was limited by the availability of space. I made it work though.

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.

Interning at Booz Allen was a rewarding and fun experience
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom given to me by the staff was great. I was placed on a team given a project then we were trusted to produce a great product. I was never treated like an intern.

Benefits interns receive such as certification training was determined by my department. My department had limited funds so I was not able to do certifications while I talked to other interns that were funded for certifications.

Booz Allen’s interview process for interns is extremely different from other companies with Booz using a speed dating style of interviews. Keep an open mind and show every department that you can contribute. Once you get hired don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as long as you do work and try the managers will notice.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to expose the interns to different parts of the company. I enjoyed working at my department but never had an opportunity to see what other departments actually do.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.