Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Submit a Review

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting

Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

Excellent Corporate Culture and Collaborative Environment

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the firm and experience different potential career paths. We also had the chance to network and form relationships with many of the current employees and among thr intern group as well.

I intered there for two summers, my first summer I ended up not being able to do any external work on our project because of the timing for recieving a clearence and disagreements with the client on allowing an inter to charge to the contract. I think better planning and preparation could be helpful in avoiding this problem in the future.

Take advantage of all hte opportunities given to you as an intern. It may seem like a lot to get involved in everything, but its only one summer and the things you learn and the connections you make will pay off in the long run. Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, everyone was always willing to anser questions and give advice.

Advice to Management

Overall I think the company did a great job at orienting and developing the interns. After completing two years of interships I was asked to sit down with the coordinators for our intern team and discuss my thoughts and opinions which I think is an integral part of continuing to advance and develope the program.

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

Great networking opportunities

Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

N/A

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Great exposure to private sector and cybersecurity work

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My involvement in multiple facets of my division (production and management). The number of options to self-improve outside of work (Security+ and CEH training offered, along with lectures).

Less involvement with other interns than I would have liked

Consulting work at Booz can be one of the most interesting career choices but only if when you get there you have the drive to chase after projects, get to know people in other divisions, and always try to self-improve.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.

Interning at Booz Allen was a rewarding and fun experience

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom given to me by the staff was great. I was placed on a team given a project then we were trusted to produce a great product. I was never treated like an intern.

Benefits interns receive such as certification training was determined by my department. My department had limited funds so I was not able to do certifications while I talked to other interns that were funded for certifications.

Booz Allen’s interview process for interns is extremely different from other companies with Booz using a speed dating style of interviews. Keep an open mind and show every department that you can contribute. Once you get hired don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as long as you do work and try the managers will notice.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to expose the interns to different parts of the company. I enjoyed working at my department but never had an opportunity to see what other departments actually do.