Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Submit a Review

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting

Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time

An enjoyable and educational experience that gave me the experience and confidence to enter the workforce.

Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My fellow team members and the great atmosphere and morale at work.

There was some ambiguity related to my tasking in the beginning of the internship.

I was a co-op for a specific department, which is different than the regular intern program. But, my experience was that Booz Allen does an amazing job taking care of its interns. They give you lots of opportunities to meet higher-ups and access their firm-wide resources. They are known for their career mentoring program, and they definitely emphasize that for interns.

Advice to Management

When I first arrived in the summer, there was some confusion about my placement, which was frustrating, because I felt at one point like I had to interview for an internship that I was already supposed to have. That being said, the situation was resolved when one of my previous managers heard about it and brought me back to his team.

N/A

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Great exposure to private sector and cybersecurity work

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My involvement in multiple facets of my division (production and management). The number of options to self-improve outside of work (Security+ and CEH training offered, along with lectures).

Less involvement with other interns than I would have liked

Consulting work at Booz can be one of the most interesting career choices but only if when you get there you have the drive to chase after projects, get to know people in other divisions, and always try to self-improve.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting

Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires

Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.

Great networking opportunities

Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.