Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

N/A
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Interning at Booz Allen was a rewarding and fun experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom given to me by the staff was great. I was placed on a team given a project then we were trusted to produce a great product. I was never treated like an intern.

Benefits interns receive such as certification training was determined by my department. My department had limited funds so I was not able to do certifications while I talked to other interns that were funded for certifications.

Booz Allen’s interview process for interns is extremely different from other companies with Booz using a speed dating style of interviews. Keep an open mind and show every department that you can contribute. Once you get hired don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as long as you do work and try the managers will notice.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to expose the interns to different parts of the company. I enjoyed working at my department but never had an opportunity to see what other departments actually do.

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.

Great networking opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.

built investment project from scratch with small team of coworkers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly & helpful coworkers/management, interesting work

System administration expectations

Overall a very good place to work with good prospects for full time employment after graduation

BAH Internship to promise great experience and education, falls short.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to meet with senior leaders of the firm.

Projects were il defined. Equipment (in some cases) was not enough to complete the assigned tasks. Overall, the managers did not seem ready for interns.

Make sure to ask if the intern projects have been defined and that there are clear goals for the interns to reach

An Introduction Into the World of Consulting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People I worked with, Knowledge and experienced gained. Freedom of decisions.

The interview process was not as rigorous as it could have been, and was vague on what we would be doing.

Don't put anything on your resume you don't want to do.

Advice to Management

Hire interns to the projects and have the projects set before hand, do not hire people and then assign them to projects they might be good at.

Entrepreneurial Experience with Many Intellectual Opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, pay, creativity, senior level interaction

little guidance

Make sure that you find an internship position that closely aligns with your interests. It's easy to get funneled into a position that has nothing to do with your goals/future.

Advice to Management

Have a more structured program with more goals for intern development.