Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Opportunity of a Lifetime
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.

N/A
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Great exposure to private sector and cybersecurity work
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My involvement in multiple facets of my division (production and management). The number of options to self-improve outside of work (Security+ and CEH training offered, along with lectures).

Less involvement with other interns than I would have liked

Consulting work at Booz can be one of the most interesting career choices but only if when you get there you have the drive to chase after projects, get to know people in other divisions, and always try to self-improve.

Great networking opportunities
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

Interning at Booz Allen was a rewarding and fun experience
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom given to me by the staff was great. I was placed on a team given a project then we were trusted to produce a great product. I was never treated like an intern.

Benefits interns receive such as certification training was determined by my department. My department had limited funds so I was not able to do certifications while I talked to other interns that were funded for certifications.

Booz Allen’s interview process for interns is extremely different from other companies with Booz using a speed dating style of interviews. Keep an open mind and show every department that you can contribute. Once you get hired don’t be afraid to make mistakes, as long as you do work and try the managers will notice.

Advice to Management

Take more effort to expose the interns to different parts of the company. I enjoyed working at my department but never had an opportunity to see what other departments actually do.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.