Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 38 Intern Reviews)

Great learning experience and networking experiences to best find the right fit for me
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, sense of community, learning benefits, career advancement

Distance from home

Take advantage of networking opportunities, it will make your job more enjoyable as you find the right place for you

Booz Allen introduced me to the real world and tested my abilities.
Dulles, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, working style, projects, and the many locations were the best parts of the internship.

Since most of my project managers were away on business, there was little direction.

It would be good to k ow that you must keep busy and find work to do if you find yourself stuck or lost.

Advice to Management

I would like to make sure that I know exactly what to work on everyday rather than have to find people to explain when I don't know what to do.

Amazing internship opportunity to work on highly interesting and highly technical subjects
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The time I spent working with my coworkers in the lab space.

There could have been more events to get to know the company better.

Make sure you will be interested in the potential work area. Booz Allen Hamilton puts you in a situation where you will need to think critically and understand your area intently.

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

Opportunity of a Lifetime
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time

Excellent Corporate Culture and Collaborative Environment
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the firm and experience different potential career paths. We also had the chance to network and form relationships with many of the current employees and among thr intern group as well.

I intered there for two summers, my first summer I ended up not being able to do any external work on our project because of the timing for recieving a clearence and disagreements with the client on allowing an inter to charge to the contract. I think better planning and preparation could be helpful in avoiding this problem in the future.

Take advantage of all hte opportunities given to you as an intern. It may seem like a lot to get involved in everything, but its only one summer and the things you learn and the connections you make will pay off in the long run. Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, everyone was always willing to anser questions and give advice.

Advice to Management

Overall I think the company did a great job at orienting and developing the interns. After completing two years of interships I was asked to sit down with the coordinators for our intern team and discuss my thoughts and opinions which I think is an integral part of continuing to advance and develope the program.

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.

N/A
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns