Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 38 Intern Reviews)

Informative, Valuable, and Practical Internship Experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship really prepared me in what to expect when working after graduation. I learned many things from my project managers, colleagues, and the project itself. There was a very nice atmosphere with all of the employees, and everyone was willing to help you if you needed any. Also, we were given the opportunity to take a class and the exam for a Security+ certification.

It would have been nice to be able to be more slective with your project and the subject matter you will be working on.

Look for a company that really intrugues you and you will enjoy working for. Also, where ever you get an intership at, work your hardest and get the most from your experience because there is a lot you can learn.

Amazing eye opening experience that revolutionized my idea of future employement
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, atmosphere, experience

It wasnt longer?

Amazing opportunity which provides a challenge but people dont jump over each other for promotions rather everyone can get promoted without stepping on each others toes

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

Learned a ton, had fun, and gained experience
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people, learning how to give presentations, and learning more about programming

Being stuck in a small room all day!

Be outgoing and meet people.

Advice to Management

More employee group get togethers.

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

N/A
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Valuable opportunity for career exploration in the field of technology and consulting
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great Networking
- Experience in a professional environment
- Opportunity to get to know the consulting profession
- Great, down to earth career advice
- Encouraged to explore the company and ALWAYS ask questions

- I wish I had the opportunity to work with other interns or full-time employees more frequently, most of the time I was on my own

The program is what you make of it. I was able to explore different projects, and interact with different capabilities within the company because I took the initiative to do so. If you ask questions, and explore, you will have a great time!

Advice to Management

I didn't so much care for the hoteling process. It was difficult to form relationships with employers and other interns since contact was limited by the availability of space. I made it work though.

Great networking opportunities
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

Amazing internship opportunity to work on highly interesting and highly technical subjects
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The time I spent working with my coworkers in the lab space.

There could have been more events to get to know the company better.

Make sure you will be interested in the potential work area. Booz Allen Hamilton puts you in a situation where you will need to think critically and understand your area intently.

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time