4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 38 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Great learning experience and networking experiences to best find the right fit for me
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, sense of community, learning benefits, career advancement

Distance from home

Take advantage of networking opportunities, it will make your job more enjoyable as you find the right place for you

Booz Allen introduced me to the real world and tested my abilities.
Dulles, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, working style, projects, and the many locations were the best parts of the internship.

Since most of my project managers were away on business, there was little direction.

It would be good to k ow that you must keep busy and find work to do if you find yourself stuck or lost.

Advice to Management

I would like to make sure that I know exactly what to work on everyday rather than have to find people to explain when I don't know what to do.

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus
Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

Excellent Corporate Culture and Collaborative Environment
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to be involved in all aspects of the firm and experience different potential career paths. We also had the chance to network and form relationships with many of the current employees and among thr intern group as well.

I intered there for two summers, my first summer I ended up not being able to do any external work on our project because of the timing for recieving a clearence and disagreements with the client on allowing an inter to charge to the contract. I think better planning and preparation could be helpful in avoiding this problem in the future.

Take advantage of all hte opportunities given to you as an intern. It may seem like a lot to get involved in everything, but its only one summer and the things you learn and the connections you make will pay off in the long run. Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions, everyone was always willing to anser questions and give advice.

Advice to Management

Overall I think the company did a great job at orienting and developing the interns. After completing two years of interships I was asked to sit down with the coordinators for our intern team and discuss my thoughts and opinions which I think is an integral part of continuing to advance and develope the program.

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.

Valuable opportunity for career exploration in the field of technology and consulting
McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great Networking
- Experience in a professional environment
- Opportunity to get to know the consulting profession
- Great, down to earth career advice
- Encouraged to explore the company and ALWAYS ask questions

- I wish I had the opportunity to work with other interns or full-time employees more frequently, most of the time I was on my own

The program is what you make of it. I was able to explore different projects, and interact with different capabilities within the company because I took the initiative to do so. If you ask questions, and explore, you will have a great time!

Advice to Management

I didn't so much care for the hoteling process. It was difficult to form relationships with employers and other interns since contact was limited by the availability of space. I made it work though.

An enjoyable and educational experience that gave me the experience and confidence to enter the workforce.
Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My fellow team members and the great atmosphere and morale at work.

There was some ambiguity related to my tasking in the beginning of the internship.

I was a co-op for a specific department, which is different than the regular intern program. But, my experience was that Booz Allen does an amazing job taking care of its interns. They give you lots of opportunities to meet higher-ups and access their firm-wide resources. They are known for their career mentoring program, and they definitely emphasize that for interns.

Advice to Management

When I first arrived in the summer, there was some confusion about my placement, which was frustrating, because I felt at one point like I had to interview for an internship that I was already supposed to have. That being said, the situation was resolved when one of my previous managers heard about it and brought me back to his team.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton
Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Obtain Experience Matching Your Desires
Washington, DC | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great manager who really made a strong effort to ensure I had relevant work to do continuously.

It was hard to get to know the other interns because were were all separated a lot.

Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to work. Work hard and never stop networking. If you do this, you will go far.

Advice to Management

Over time policies are kind of fuzzy, and no one really talks about it. It really should be more clear.