Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great learning experience and networking experiences to best find the right fit for me

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, sense of community, learning benefits, career advancement

Distance from home

Take advantage of networking opportunities, it will make your job more enjoyable as you find the right place for you

Booz Allen introduced me to the real world and tested my abilities.

Dulles, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, working style, projects, and the many locations were the best parts of the internship.

Since most of my project managers were away on business, there was little direction.

It would be good to k ow that you must keep busy and find work to do if you find yourself stuck or lost.

Advice to Management

I would like to make sure that I know exactly what to work on everyday rather than have to find people to explain when I don't know what to do.

Amazing internship opportunity to work on highly interesting and highly technical subjects

Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The time I spent working with my coworkers in the lab space.

There could have been more events to get to know the company better.

Make sure you will be interested in the potential work area. Booz Allen Hamilton puts you in a situation where you will need to think critically and understand your area intently.

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus

Herndon, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

An enjoyable and educational experience that gave me the experience and confidence to enter the workforce.

Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My fellow team members and the great atmosphere and morale at work.

There was some ambiguity related to my tasking in the beginning of the internship.

I was a co-op for a specific department, which is different than the regular intern program. But, my experience was that Booz Allen does an amazing job taking care of its interns. They give you lots of opportunities to meet higher-ups and access their firm-wide resources. They are known for their career mentoring program, and they definitely emphasize that for interns.

Advice to Management

When I first arrived in the summer, there was some confusion about my placement, which was frustrating, because I felt at one point like I had to interview for an internship that I was already supposed to have. That being said, the situation was resolved when one of my previous managers heard about it and brought me back to his team.

Valuable opportunity for career exploration in the field of technology and consulting

McLean, VA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Great Networking
- Experience in a professional environment
- Opportunity to get to know the consulting profession
- Great, down to earth career advice
- Encouraged to explore the company and ALWAYS ask questions

- I wish I had the opportunity to work with other interns or full-time employees more frequently, most of the time I was on my own

The program is what you make of it. I was able to explore different projects, and interact with different capabilities within the company because I took the initiative to do so. If you ask questions, and explore, you will have a great time!

Advice to Management

I didn't so much care for the hoteling process. It was difficult to form relationships with employers and other interns since contact was limited by the availability of space. I made it work though.

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting

Baltimore, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time

The Booz Allen Hamilton Community

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office culture was highly impressive. The people were supportive and really took an interest in making sure interns had a good experience and learned about the company. They were working to bring interns into the fold and train them for future employment rather than just have them assisting on a project for the Summer.

It did not seem that the people working on the project I was assigned to were entirely prepared for interns. Most of the interns had their own pieces of work to do within their project assignments, but I was mostly helping out here and there for the first few weeks.

If you are looking for an internship with the possibility of future employment, this is the place to go to. The majority of the interns that I worked with got job offers at the end.

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.

Opportunity of a Lifetime

Annapolis, MD | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)