Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Intern at Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Integrated into Booz Allen culture and mission via training, mentoring and on the job experience in computer security and pentesting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

compensation, interesting work, project competition at end of summer

would have liked help finding apartment/living space

Be in communications with the person coordinating your portion of the internship program. Let them know specifically what you are interested in so you can pursue that area and don't get put into something you have no interest in. When in doubt, communicate.

Advice to Management

help with finding housing/apartment, possibility for interns to enter as Sr. Consultant instead of Consultant when coming back full-time

Amazing internship opportunity to work on highly interesting and highly technical subjects
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The time I spent working with my coworkers in the lab space.

There could have been more events to get to know the company better.

Make sure you will be interested in the potential work area. Booz Allen Hamilton puts you in a situation where you will need to think critically and understand your area intently.

N/A
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paid, in field I wanted, in desierable location, prestigious company, great program, great managers, great co-workers, great intern class

Wanted full week of Security+ training, not just class on the weekend

Network during your internship, talk with your manager and leadership team about your goals and opportunity for advancement, if you get an offer you'll be farther ahead than your peers when you begin full time

Advice to Management

Have more happy hours, possibly provide an area where other interns are living, work with apartment companies to get them to offer short term leases to your interns

Ten weeks of Brand new Experiences each week
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learn and Used many different technologies. Met a lot people and had many great experiences

Traffic coming home. The end of work came extremely quickly

Booz Allen Hamilton was a place where I was introduced to a wide range of different skills and technologies. My resume nearly doubled in my skills section because of the project that I had during the summer. Booz Allen Hamilton is a great place to for a young professional to be exposed to many different types of work all within one summer.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would give is to improve the response time of HR. It took a long time before the beginning of summer before the internship began.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Real-world experience focused on subject matter relevant to your academic focus
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Relevance to academic discipline/interesting work
Attention received from current employees for questions and other issues

Projects were slow to start, which resulted in some wasted time at the beginning of the internship

Make sure that your assigned work will be in an area that is similar to your academic discipline

Advice to Management

Begin planning the intern projects earlier so that everything will be set up from the first day they arrive to work

One of the best places to launch your career in Federal IT Consulting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of my internship was the people. Almost everyone I met during my internship was great. My management and home team were always their for me and helped me out in any situation. The other interns were also great and we all really came together as a group. We would frequently grab lunch together, hang out on the weekends, and help eachother in the office. Another aspect I enjoyed during my internship was the amount of time and money that was invested in me. During my time I earned three professional certifications. Security +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Certified Security Analyst. Each and every certification was paid for Booz Allen. This included week long bootcamps including all the neccessary course materials, breakfast and lunch every day and test vouchers. I really felt like Booz Allen was setting me up for a successful career.

Overall I was extremely pleased with my internship.

Best advice is just come ready to meet new people and learn alot. In the consulting business its crucial to expand your network and meet new people. Also if you are interesting in Federal Consulting this is the place to come.

Advice to Management

Nothing to specific - maybe offer more opportunities for attending business or graduate school

Great networking opportunities
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern culture that we created was great, we all bonded very well. So not only did we get the most out of our work experience we explored the area that we were in and had a full social life as well to maintain a good balance. The full-timers were also really great at engaging us and trying to understand in what ways we wanted to network and further our career.

Some interns did not have full-time members that actively reached out to them or were able to give them additional tasking.

Note that Booz Allen does a lot of government work so keep in mind that you have to be eligible for security clearances depending on what you would like to do. Also take a look at the Core Values since that is very important to the company.

Opportunity of a Lifetime
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to network and future job opportunities.

Location of the internship. Very painful commute.

Great experience at Booz that opened up the door for future oppotunities of employment and career development.

Advice to Management

Have everything prepared when we get there.

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.