Booz Allen Hamilton Internship Program

Excellent Cyber Internship

Company culture, amount of resources given

That it had to end.

I would definitely consider the internship and see if you like it.

Informative, Valuable, and Practical Internship Experience

The internship really prepared me in what to expect when working after graduation. I learned many things from my project managers, colleagues, and the project itself. There was a very nice atmosphere with all of the employees, and everyone was willing to help you if you needed any. Also, we were given the opportunity to take a class and the exam for a Security+ certification.

It would have been nice to be able to be more slective with your project and the subject matter you will be working on.

Look for a company that really intrugues you and you will enjoy working for. Also, where ever you get an intership at, work your hardest and get the most from your experience because there is a lot you can learn.

Date: 2012

I loved the work I was doing and the people I was working with.

The work I was doing was stimulating and challenging. I really enjoyed working with the teams I was assigned to, and everyone is willing to help each other.

There was nothing that I did not like about the internship.

The corporate culture at Booz Allen and the emphasis on work/life balance are what attracted me to this firm.

Date: 2012

Internship program focused on creating full-time prepared employees

Good team work. Access to leadership of all levels. Good social setup. Interesting projects. Helpful experts. Real work, as opposed to busy work. Prepares students for actual full-time opportunities

Really wasn't anything I disliked about my internship

This is one of the few internship programs that provides real world work that could be applied to clients, and treats interns as real employees. Projects are given on a "this is the goal, get to it how you feel best" bases, as opposed to a step-by-step hand-holding terms. Leadership is very able and willing to help, and social gatherings are common.

Advice to Management

Pull interns out of their comfort zone a little. Require large presentations and proposal setups, as well as forcing interns to act as an organized team.

Date: 2012

Researching and mitigating threats in mobile security

Emphasis on training and self management while still working as a team

The team could have been better organized

Interns should be prepared to learn and to direct their own research. Not all problems are tractable and interns need to know how to investigate problems that may not have a solution. An internship is a fantastic way to get your foot into the door of the security industry, which tends to ignore candidates who do not have prior work experience

Advice to Management

The firm could be more proactive in setting up after work activities for the interns.

Date: 2012

Amazing eye opening experience that revolutionized my idea of future employement

Pay, atmosphere, experience

It wasnt longer?

Amazing opportunity which provides a challenge but people dont jump over each other for promotions rather everyone can get promoted without stepping on each others toes

Date: 2012

Great learning experience and networking experiences to best find the right fit for me

Pay, sense of community, learning benefits, career advancement

Distance from home

Take advantage of networking opportunities, it will make your job more enjoyable as you find the right place for you

Date: 2012

Booz Allen introduced me to the real world and tested my abilities.

Culture, people, working style, projects, and the many locations were the best parts of the internship.

Since most of my project managers were away on business, there was little direction.

It would be good to k ow that you must keep busy and find work to do if you find yourself stuck or lost.

Advice to Management

I would like to make sure that I know exactly what to work on everyday rather than have to find people to explain when I don't know what to do.

Intern Finds Great Experience and Social Life at Booz Allen Hamilton

Work/Life Balance, Skills Learned, Networking Opportunities

Amount of food locations around my job.

It is a great organization with a lot of opportunity for professional growth. There is a great work environment and the benefits are great as well!

Advice to Management

I had no complaints from my internship experience. The internship program is a great program that is both enjoyable and challenging.

Date: 2012

A ten week evaluation of my work abilities in a true working environment

The opportunity to work on software with a real world impact, and the experience of working with full-time employees to understand the culture and skills required.

Minimal flexibility in project choice

Treat the internship period as a 10-week paid job interview. You're not in the door yet, this is your chance to make the necessary impact to open up a world of opportunities.

Advice to Management

Offer close support, as needed, to your interns as they are young, inexperienced, and likely nervous about their ability to perform. With proper guidance many interns will have the opportunity to excel at their greatest potential.