Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

Excellent summer experience for MBAs

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nature of work, Fun events planned for the interns.

At times the parties for all the interns just went on for too long. Although we were not obligated to stay till the end, it kind of took a toll on us the next day :)

Case interviewing is important not only to get into a consulting firm but also in the day-to-day job there. Candidates will be required to form hypothesis and analyze problems with a 30000 feet view.

I had the opportunity to meet awesome people and did an strategic and relevant job

Sao Paulo | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meet intelligent and interesting people, learn about a different industry, create strategic solutions for the client, and live in the location I wanted.

Extended working hours.

If you are thinking about consulting A.T. Kearney is a firm you definitely should consider.

Great learning environment and friendly coworkers

Washington, DC | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were amazing. They helped me in all aspects of the internship experience.

Sometimes the travel was a little extensive, but I also knew it could be when I signed up.

If you are open to learning and being a part of a cohesive team, this is where you want to be. Always look at the people and imagine if you could work along side them day in and day out. The answer for me was 'Yes' at A.T. Kearney.

Great people, a lot of learnings and client exposure

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had a great project and a great team. People in general were very nice

It could have been more opportunities to learn about the different practice in the firm

If you want to face interesting projects, I think this is the right place. But I believe that the biggest differentiator of this company from others is the people (I am not saying that people here is better than in other places, are different). Hence, my recommendation is try to meet as many people as possible and see if you connect with them or not.

Enhancing the capabilities of a client's project management organization

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worked with some amazing people, and I looked up to all of my colleagues. Had a very challenging project, and I felt like my contributions were meaningful

Had a couple busy weeks where we worked quite late as a team, but that was expected

We are a feedback-heavy culture, so be prepared to both receive and give feedback.
Do not be afraid to ask questions or to contribute to meetings, as your opinions and thoughts are valuable.

Most realistic peek into a management consulting firm with great people and growth prospects

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to make client impact in a way that sets up client for success
Hang out with a group of smart, well-grounded and fun group of B-school graduates
Travel, fine-dine and see new cities

Travel delays and early morning travel takes a while to get used to

I would say, evaluate each consulting firm, on four aspects:
1. Size of the organization and if you feel more comfortable in a small, mid size or large firm
2. Growth prospects (where does the firm project in the next 3-5 years
3. People, who would get to work with. Firms show their best side during recruiting events - speak to your friends who are able to share their actual stories or experiences within each firm
4. Industry focus - certain firms dominate certain industries, if you have made up your mind on a specific industry (e.g. healthcare, retail, finance, etc,) , check which firms have presence/dominance in that industry

An opportunity to experience life as a full time associate.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I was able to experience what day to day would be as a full time associate. The impact that I was able to have on the client. A chance to experience another company's problem and how to solve it with an actionable solution.

The amount of travel can be tough, but it is fairly standard for the industry.

If you want a rewarding experience that feels as though you are a full time consultant on a project that will have meaningful impact to a client then A.T. Kearney is a great place to spend the summer.

Great summer experience with a lot of opportunities for Fun and Learning

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging work

Early mornings on Mondays

Kind of work

Advice to Management

Employee retention

Walk me through your resume and similar behavioral questions

Great opportunity to make client impact in just 10 weeks

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to make client impact, office and intern events, working with a project team full of fun, smart, and down-to-earth people

Would have liked to receive more frequent feedback

A.T. Kearney's culture is very collegial and the people are fun and down-to-earth. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across different industries and functions. There is a "work hard, play hard" mentality so it is important to make sure that this culture is the right fit for you.

Authentic, hands-on, management consulting experience supported and collaborating with the best and brightest colleagues.

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The impact I personally delivered to the client and my teammates.

Would have liked to socialize with interns from other offices more than we did.

Strong IQ and EQ are important. You'll have the opportunity to deliver real results and have an actual impact. Enjoy the social aspects too.

Case studies.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.