Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Ownership of the project

- Ambiguity in projects

Work hard, party harder

Real business impact at a data focused and intentional consulting firm.

Atlanta, GA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Complete consulting experience: The internship gave me a well rounded experience - from traveling to working on a complex project. This helped me make the decision on pursuing a career in consulting.
Balance of work and team-building activities: Though the work was challenging, the team was extremely supportive. It helped me set myself for success. Also, we had team activities every 2 weeks which provided opportunities to unwind, relax as well as build connections with Partners and Senior Consultants.

I had to work on some weekends. Though it was mostly self-driven because I wanted to catch-up and be prepared for Monday meetings.

The Summer Consultant Program is well designed for any one who is evaluating a career in consulting. The firm is extremely supportive and wants the summer associates to succeed.

Challenging, but totally worth it!

- the team spirit

- the challenging tasks

- the trust in and development of own capabilities

- that you sometimes face long working hours, but of course you are/should be aware of that before doing an internship in consulting

- boost your career and your personal development by joining a international, diverse and interdisciplinary team of consultants!

- case: estimating the revenue of restaurants

- case: analyzing potentials of a merger and feasibility check

Made me feel vey valuable

Madrid | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Treatment
Learning curve
Atmosphere

It was hard to balance the internship and University at the same time

Work hard from the very first day

Exposure, responsibility and good team work

Madrid | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team spirit, responsability and compensation

Nothing. In general it is being a brilliant experience

Learn about the projects they are involved in and ensure they have something planned for you if you are joining for a reduced period of time

Consulting case interview

A great journey with work and play!

Mumbai | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

1) The team I was working with
2) The quality of work and structuring of the internship prorgramme
3) Other people at the firm
4) Feedback and mentoring mechanism

None in particular

It is a close knit organization where people are valued and invested in.

A roller coaster ride which I would do all over again, every time!

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibilities of a full time employee, type of work was excellent, fantastic set of people to work with, direct collaboration with the client and real, tangible impact of work

Sometimes the work involved a lot of secondary research which got a bit monotonous

Out of all the consulting firms I interacted with, A.T. Kearney people were the most interesting, humble and likable. The kind of people I work with is very important for me and ATK employees were absolutely fantastic. That made my decision to join all the more easier and after joining the kind of work and organization environment was really good. So, I would suggest anyone with an opportunity to join the firm should definitely give it a shot

Advice to Management

Though it was nice, the organization can slightly improve the accommodation aspect of the internship.

This internship allows me to make a real impact on my client while still opening my eyes to the rest of the firm.

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with senior leaders enables me to get a clear picture about where the firm is headed in the next 3-5 years. Getting to spend time with my fellow summers makes me feel good about my future coworkers

Everything has been pretty great. I wish there had been a little more training around Kearney style communication.

Be yourself and ask for feedback often.

Doing away with Inexperience: An Undergraduate's Journey on a Steep Learning Curve

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm is so friendly and offers lots of perks such as weekly and monthly events to keep everyone happy (not to mention in-office daily perks that are always available). Plus, the internship really puts the intern in the consultant's shoes rather than being an observer, which was really hands-on and extremely beneficial.

The somewhat difficult work-life balance (virtually difficult to uphold a life on weekdays) and the excessive travelling which could be tiring. However, this is the case in any consulting environment and flexibility is always valued at the firm as the firm always tries to cater to its employees needs.

As an intern, you will have abundant networking opportunities, which you should seize. Moreover, working to the best of your abilities will reward you and make you stand out. Do not be afraid to ask anything of anyone in the firm; everyone is happy to help, and you'll be better off than trying to figure something out on your own.

Advice to Management

As cliche as it might seem, the internship was perfect and well-suited to all my needs. It went over the top and had aspects that I did not expect (very high compensation AND fully paid premium accommodation for all interns in the same hotel, which gave us a somewhat family experience that was lacking in other firms). Hours are tough and staffing a bit more people on projects might help alleviate the issue.

- Give me 3 main points about you that I can't read on your resume.

- Why A.T. Kearney?

- Why would a company decide to buy another?

- Small profitability case

- Big restructuring and profitability case

- Train Transportation case that deviated from the usual cases

Treated as a full-time consultant by a prestigious consultancy

Other (International) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience that included both on-the-job activities as well as the lifestyle of a full-time consultant.

Early mornings.

Be confident, as they are only looking for intellectual vitality in interns, not tangible skills.

Why consulting?

If I cut off all the outer pieces of a 10x10x10 Rubik's cube, what is the volume of the new cube?