Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

Opportunity to leverage existing core skill set to explore new industries and funtions

London | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

A.T.Kearney's London office brings together some of the smartest people from the most diverse backgrounds that I have had the pleasure of working with. Undoubtedly the most satisfying part of my 10 weeks at the firm was getting to meet and work with the intelligent, talented, and incredibly welcoming consultants here at ATK.

While there are a great selection of projects to potentially get staffed on, the pipeline is not as large as what you would see at larger consulting firms. This means that timing of project start dates can play a large part on what you're staffed on next. However, this is typically the case on most firms so it's not a deal breaker in my opinion.

Don't pick the job you want; pick the person / people you want to work for / with. If I had met more people at ATK, I would've ranked the firm as my top choice going in to recruiting.

An enriching experience

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to clients and real problems. Being viewed as an analyst and not only as an intern

The amount of working hours

I think that is always good to know the culture of the company to understand if you would like to work here

Successful insight into strategy consulting

Frankfort | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Steep learning curve, possibilities to really change things of high impact

working hours

To be honest, everything was as expected.

Impactful client facing work that helped me develop strong problem solving skills

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy and responibility to own a workstream and drive impact

The hours.

It's great a place to work and a learn. Be prepared to work hard.

Challenging but rewarding experience

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- people
- company culture
- level of responsibility

- long hours

Be prepared to be adaptable
Catch on quickly

Hard work during the week incentivized weekend optimization with some great coworkers and fellow interns.

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

It's a bit cliché, but the collaborative nature of the firm was the best aspect of the internship. Everyone genuinely wants you to succeed and receive a full-time offer.

The firm's reputation for hard-work drives one of the more demanding weekday workloads across comparable projects at comparable firms.

Do your homework on the type of work that firms primarily do. A.T. Kearney is known for operations work, which essentially means cost cutting. Helping companies with their bottom line is extremely impactful for clients, but for many aspiring consultants, less glamorous than pure strategy (top-line growth) projects.

Advice to Management

Junior employees would benefit from senior employees being encouraged to adhere to and have an open dialogue about the Worksmart charters. Our team's Worksmart charter was mostly a formality.

Nothing new here. Behavioral interviews were conversational where they're truly just trying to get to know you and the type of work you've done. For my cases, I had a market sizing case in the first round and an operations-focused case in the final round.

A challenging opportunity focused on client, professional, and personal development.

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training, development opportunities, compensation, team environment, flat structure/easy to talk and get to know Partners.

Hours, rigor,

Come prepared to work hard. A lot will be expected of you rise to the occasion and prepare a lot beforehand.

Advice to Management

Set clear expectations for undergraduate interns.

It

True consulting experience

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to senior leadership (both within the firm and with the client), true travel and work experience, ability to convert to a full time offer

visbility into other projects was not low

Spend your time networking with people across the firm, especially in areas you are interested in

Intern trained on par with Business analyst consultants with great opportunities for growth

Mumbai | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated equally important and I got to participate in all client meetings whether it was the CEO or a sales manager. My inputs were also considered during meetings.

Sometimes there would be less work assigned to me for the day so I would have a free day

The people are extremely warm and friendly. It's okay to ask questions and learn on the job but one must work really hard, once they have the job.

an internship with learning of new tools and inscribing a new approach to think the cases pertaining in the real life

Other (International) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

best aspects include the work culture, the colleagues, learning and wide approach to solve and find the solution of the cases

the only thing which I disliked is that I was being said that no student interns will be given full time offer. this really demotivated me for doing work in college. in my internship, i was working keeping in mind to join the firm but all got shattered

I wish I wud have known that there is no value of student interns.