Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

My team members and colleagues made possible for me to successfully engage my first consulting experience

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A lot of support from your team. A lot of guidance from your mentor and other key people in the Company. A lot of empowerment for one to execute the project. A lot of authority for one to make the best out of the assigned responsibility.

Some working days might be very long.

Make sure that there is a fit between your personality and the culture of the organization. Make the best out of the training week prior to working on a project. Do not be afraid to seek guidance and speak your mind.

Hands on Operations Consulting Engagement

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibilities were similar to that of a full time associate

Working in Lakeville MN

Seek out regular feedback to understand your progress and areas for improvement

Hands-on Experience as an A.T. Kearney Consultant

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

client exposure, support within the firm from senior leadership, meeting other consultants

travel life is demanding, little control over the type of work you get involved with

Very collaborative environment, extremely smart people, hard working culture, meritocracy, transparent process

Professional development through apprenticeship-based learning in a collaborative environment, while helping US companies solve big problems

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, and the others I networked with - the culture is extremely collaborative, and the ability to interact with a lot of very smart people who don't have a chip on their shoulder.

I had a great time, and there wasn't anything in particular that I did not like.

Learn about the firm's history and culture and how it defines the firm. The firm is very proud, as it should be, of its history and the collaborative nature is critical to their success. Also scour their website for lots of interesting articles on various areas, and on where the firm is headed in the future.

2 rounds of interviews: Round 1 had 2 case interviews; Round 2 had 1 case interview, 1 written/presentation case interview and 1 behavioral that was very conversational - they were trying to assess if I was someone that could hold an interesting conversation for a period of 45 minutes ("the airport test")

Immediately impactful, limitless opportunities for personal growth

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility given and the chance to run with a discrete piece of the puzzle. Really outstanding people that I can't help but to look up to.

The experience depends heavily on the specific project to which you get assigned and the people staffed on that project. I feel like I lucked out a bit and enjoyed both thoroughly.

Be comfortable with autonomy - you will be expected to lead, suggest, and direct your part of the work.

Advice to Management

ATK takes training and diversity very seriously, and should be proud on both fronts. I feel like it can improve as an organization in the areas of recruiting, non-work related opportunities (i.e. externships, pro bono opportunities), and branding. Right now I feel ATK punches below its weight in marketplace perception.

It was a shot to see what it is like to be a consultant for 10 weeks.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the people I would work with

The worklife balance was difficult. As an intern it was hard to predict what was coming next which made it difficult to plan to have time away from work.

A.T. Kearney does a good job of giving a real life consulting experience. I started full time one year ago now and the internship prepared me for what to expect as a full time consultant.

10 weeks with lots of learning and training, developing competencies and increasing my network of people

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My peers, the culture of the company and the learning curve

The long hours and a difficult client

Work very hard at the beginning to achieve the right level or performance

Please calculate show many trucks are required to transport gas through out Mexico

Fun intense summer internship

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- People: Quality of people was very high

- Opportunity: I had the opportunity to work with very senior level clients

Travel; waking up at 4 am on Monday.

A.T. Kearney has really good talent with the firm.

An internship where you are Involved with all aspects of team work and treated like a full time employee, not an intern

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The two best aspects of the internship was having my own work stream that was critical to the client. I wasn't given non-meaningful work, but actually worked on a project that was presented to the COO. In addition, the firm goes out of it's way to make sure you are networking/connected with anyone you want to meet. Whether it is a partner or an associate, everyone has an open door policy and is willing to talk.

The only part I did not like was, this being a consulting internship, I wanted to experience the travel. Unfortunately I was staffed on a local project. This only happened to 3/4 of 55 interns so very minimal. But the only negative from the summer

If you want to be thrown into the mix and experience what your day to day life will be like, then this is the internship for you. It is not an internship where you are treated like an intern doing 70% or 80% of the week. It is a great place to see if consulting is for you and you are given all the tools to succeed

- Why A.T. Kearney?

- Why Consulting?

- Tell us a time you worked in a team?

Advice to Management

The can do a little better on the hours. They can also try less travel moving to 3 days a week from 4.

Realistic experience and real responsibility

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided real responsibility and was doing the exact same thing as the experienced full-time employees on the project working with me were doing.

Feedback process could have been better.

The internship provides a realistic snapshot of what a full-time position would entail.