4.1 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 42 Intern Reviews)

It was a shot to see what it is like to be a consultant for 10 weeks.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the people I would work with

The worklife balance was difficult. As an intern it was hard to predict what was coming next which made it difficult to plan to have time away from work.

A.T. Kearney does a good job of giving a real life consulting experience. I started full time one year ago now and the internship prepared me for what to expect as a full time consultant.

Given high level of responsibility and authority to make decisions and work directly with clients. Never treated like an intern.

Client, Responsibility, Salary, Company Culture, Social Events

Training programs throughout the internship could have been better

Not sure how to answer this question

Developed and executed sourcing strategy for a fleet warranty recovery initiative at a global beverage company
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Project experience, training, people, networking opportunities

Long hours

The intern experience is a reflective of actual full-time project experience. You will have a genuine experience, which can be more demanding than the experience offered at other firms.

Challenging but rewarding summer with great opportunities for a career changer
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Well-organized/structured program with opportunities to pursue the types of projects/industry work I would be interested in the future. The networking opportunities and office activities also provided a fun environment to work in.

The travel and long-hours of a consulting lifestyle, but it's not any worse than any of the top consulting firms.

A.T. Kearney has a very open environment and the company prefers a collaborative culture. It's not just a consulting firm that swoops in, makes recommendations and leaves. The company takes it a step further and works with the clients to accomplish the results promised in the recommendations.

A true consulting experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I got to experience the consulting industry first-hand on a real project where I was able to make an impact on the project and the client.

That not all of the interns were given the time necessary to attend the team-building intern events.

If you are looking to get a feel for the consulting industry and want to work with some great people then A.T. Kearney is a place to get that experience. I would say that have realistic expectations for the industry and realize that you will have to work hard.

Summer program provides real-feel for consulting lifestyle
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travelling to various offices and meeting other summer consultants from across the country

The pressure

Have a specific reason for the type of internship and job you are looking for. Do not follow the herd or go to an industry simply because your friends are. Once you've selected the right industry for you, really do your homework to see which firm is the best fit for you (may or may not be the highest ranked firm)

Advice to Management

More training on basic skills required for success (specifically Excel & PowerPoint and the unique ways they will be utilized)

An internship where you are Involved with all aspects of team work and treated like a full time employee, not an intern
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The two best aspects of the internship was having my own work stream that was critical to the client. I wasn't given non-meaningful work, but actually worked on a project that was presented to the COO. In addition, the firm goes out of it's way to make sure you are networking/connected with anyone you want to meet. Whether it is a partner or an associate, everyone has an open door policy and is willing to talk.

The only part I did not like was, this being a consulting internship, I wanted to experience the travel. Unfortunately I was staffed on a local project. This only happened to 3/4 of 55 interns so very minimal. But the only negative from the summer

If you want to be thrown into the mix and experience what your day to day life will be like, then this is the internship for you. It is not an internship where you are treated like an intern doing 70% or 80% of the week. It is a great place to see if consulting is for you and you are given all the tools to succeed

- Why A.T. Kearney?

- Why Consulting?

- Tell us a time you worked in a team?

Advice to Management

The can do a little better on the hours. They can also try less travel moving to 3 days a week from 4.

Hard work but a great and realistic learning experience

- Team dinner and events

- Summer events

- Being able to actually conduct interviews and own stakeholder management for my workstream

- Hours were long

- A lot of pressure from a tight project timeline

- Gives you a great and realistic view of what it means to be a consultant. It isnt all work and no play because you have a lot of fun too.

I dont remember.

Advice to Management

- Greater diversity

- Better and more consistent summer events

Realistic experience and real responsibility
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided real responsibility and was doing the exact same thing as the experienced full-time employees on the project working with me were doing.

Feedback process could have been better.

The internship provides a realistic snapshot of what a full-time position would entail.

Valuable work experience in a friendly corporate environment
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Type of work performed, growth path, client exposure

Client location

The collaboration culture makes workdays much shorter

Shutdown a production plant or not

Profitability of a coffee shop

Advice to Management

Start a stronger job-rotation program among the difference functions