Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

Fortune 500 CxO exposure within two weeks.

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was the opportunity to interact with C-level clients within two weeks of starting my project.

There were some very long hours due to the crticical nature of the project. However, I had to work long hours because I was a valued member of the team.

A firm's culture really is important and A.T. Kearney has a great culture that differs from other top firms. Also, the firm really is top notch and you will have the opportunity to work with all types of clients and industries.

Advice to Management

Work on making sure attractive exit opportunities are available to alums. A.T. Kearney is a great place to work, but most people only want to do consulting for 2-5 years and exit opportunities are an important part of the decision process for recruits.

Great work experience and amazing career opportunity

Meeting fantastic people!

None, it was great!

Amazing work, amazing clients, and amazing people.

This is going to be hard to top...

Dallas, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- formal and informal mentorship
- working on actual client work, and being able to present to clients
- Small intern class size
- lots of formal feedback

My internship was more than I would have expected.

Talk to as many people as possible to gauge if it will be a culture fit. Also, seek feedback and actively try to implement suggestions. Network with as many people inside the firm as possible. Stay positive!

Advice to Management

I think diversity is always an issue. I think the firm is headed in the right direction, so as long as they consistently keep their diversity goals in mind I think the outcomes will show.

Behavioral questions were very conversational and heavily dependent on who was interviewing you.

Learned more than I thought imaginable from smart colleagues and had so much fun during team events

Learning opportunity

Long hours

Enter with an open mind and be ready to work

Advice to Management

Make yourself more available. Some partners are great, but others are in ivory towers

Good work with good people

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Type of work and the team I worked with

Sometimes long hours, but this is common for the consulting industry and the company also gave me flexibility in working

If you like good work performed with nice, smart, and down to earth people come here

Advice to Management

Branding of AT Kearney isn't reflective of the wide and different types of projects that the firm deals with

Price evaluation for a manufacturing company
Profitability of a retail store
Market Entry strategy in a foreign country

Own analysis of opportunity and present analysis to senior client executives

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility to own a workstream and present to clients. The people and the team culture made the work enjoyable.

At times the work was unpredictable and therefore could not be planned for in advance. This is somewhat inherent to the industry.

The firm is growing rapidly and is at a size that allows consultants to be entrepreneurial and develop as they see fit.

A great test-run of being a ocnsultant

- Good training
- Great networking opportunities with members of the firm
- Interesting and challenging project
- Opportunity for growth

- Level of support may be inconsistent due to other consultant's vacations

Understand the benefits and limitations of working in a smaller and very fast growing firm. That includes great opportunities for rapid growth but sometimes at the expense of limited availability of readily available guidance.

Advice to Management

Better support of junior consultants (both BAs and Associates). There is a need to better match experienced Managers with new Associates / BAs and vice versa.

Enriching 10 weeks of client-facing intense internship

Learning experience & peer set

Traveling requirements

Great company for sourcing career and their PE team is ramping up quickly, so if you have interest in any of these two, select ATK.

Great people with great projects

Toronto | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having the opportunity to share experiences with other interns to decide whether the culture, projects and lifestyle is what I want

Limited exposure personally on projects due to the 10 week limitation

Speak with as many people as you can in consulting firms. The culture and work style vary significantly, even within the firms.

Summer consulting experience at top management consulting firm

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very smart people. Diverse backgrounds. Respect from clients. Work smart initiative. Hands-on approach

Sometimes working hours were too much (20 hours/day)

Go in with an open mind. Try to learn and adapt. Nobody will screw you without reason.

Advice to Management

Try to manage the brand. ATK is clearly number 4 and needs to figure out a way to be number 3.

What is the one thing you've learned in your MBA till now that you did not need to learn?
Tell me something you know about the internet of things
Explain to me how the Indian healthcare system works

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.