Intern at A.T. Kearney Summer Consultant Program? Submit a Review

Great representation of typical post-MBA level role

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ownership of workstream

Long hours

A.T. Kearney is really the next tier after MBB and is not in the same pool as firms that have audit/tax/IT consulting (e.g. Deloitte, Accenture, PwC, E&Y).

No better way to learn so much in such a short time

Excellent learning opportunities

Great comp and benefits

Great career development

Very smart people

Every day is an adventure

Tons of responsibility

Super long hours

Very analytical firm that values people with STEM undergrads, especially engineering.

How can you cut the costs on a CPG company?

How can you improve sales of a product at a drug store?

Many case interviews

Written case for round 2

Advice to Management

Make sure managers are good managers, not just smart.

It was a shot to see what it is like to be a consultant for 10 weeks.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the people I would work with

The worklife balance was difficult. As an intern it was hard to predict what was coming next which made it difficult to plan to have time away from work.

A.T. Kearney does a good job of giving a real life consulting experience. I started full time one year ago now and the internship prepared me for what to expect as a full time consultant.

Given high level of responsibility and authority to make decisions and work directly with clients. Never treated like an intern.

Client, Responsibility, Salary, Company Culture, Social Events

Training programs throughout the internship could have been better

Not sure how to answer this question

Professional development through apprenticeship-based learning in a collaborative environment, while helping US companies solve big problems

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, and the others I networked with - the culture is extremely collaborative, and the ability to interact with a lot of very smart people who don't have a chip on their shoulder.

I had a great time, and there wasn't anything in particular that I did not like.

Learn about the firm's history and culture and how it defines the firm. The firm is very proud, as it should be, of its history and the collaborative nature is critical to their success. Also scour their website for lots of interesting articles on various areas, and on where the firm is headed in the future.

2 rounds of interviews: Round 1 had 2 case interviews; Round 2 had 1 case interview, 1 written/presentation case interview and 1 behavioral that was very conversational - they were trying to assess if I was someone that could hold an interesting conversation for a period of 45 minutes ("the airport test")

Fun professional growth

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great manager, great team, learning experience

Relatively low partner involvement

Collaborative culture, great people

Hands on Operations Consulting Engagement

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibilities were similar to that of a full time associate

Working in Lakeville MN

Seek out regular feedback to understand your progress and areas for improvement

Hands-on Experience as an A.T. Kearney Consultant

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

client exposure, support within the firm from senior leadership, meeting other consultants

travel life is demanding, little control over the type of work you get involved with

Very collaborative environment, extremely smart people, hard working culture, meritocracy, transparent process

Immediately impactful, limitless opportunities for personal growth

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of responsibility given and the chance to run with a discrete piece of the puzzle. Really outstanding people that I can't help but to look up to.

The experience depends heavily on the specific project to which you get assigned and the people staffed on that project. I feel like I lucked out a bit and enjoyed both thoroughly.

Be comfortable with autonomy - you will be expected to lead, suggest, and direct your part of the work.

Advice to Management

ATK takes training and diversity very seriously, and should be proud on both fronts. I feel like it can improve as an organization in the areas of recruiting, non-work related opportunities (i.e. externships, pro bono opportunities), and branding. Right now I feel ATK punches below its weight in marketplace perception.

10 weeks with lots of learning and training, developing competencies and increasing my network of people

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My peers, the culture of the company and the learning curve

The long hours and a difficult client

Work very hard at the beginning to achieve the right level or performance

Please calculate show many trucks are required to transport gas through out Mexico