Intern at Symantec Internship Program? Submit a Review

Interesting as it gets with CSS

Mountain View, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was good and the team I worked with was good

The work was really slow

Make sure you know what the project is you will be working on

Advice to Management

Be more organized when giving projects to interns

Basic data structures questions

How to go about designing stuff

it not a great place to be a intern at.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible people

pay is low

good for java developers

Great way to experience corporate business first-hand

Mountain View, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Increased responsibility, being treated as a full-time employee

Confusing policies, not being able to see results of projects

Get involved with as many projects as you can and express interest in the work early so your supervisors know your serious and that you have the drive and ambition to take on interesting projects.

Eye-opening experience

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the great people I worked with who were also friendly and respectful.

The activities that I had to do weren't necessarily the activities that I wanted to do but I did complete them exceptionally and they taught me many skills that will help me in future positions.

Practice multiple times before going out on an interview. The interview that I had was done in a group and we were all competing for a position.

Advice to Management

Give interns more team work activities. Being able to work in a team shows your ability to communicate respectfully around others.

Ah, um, That's a hard question, you know?

Saint Paul, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

flexible hours

interesting works

good coworkers

n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

Good place to work, you should do it.

Protect the internet with cutting edge technology and work with some incredibly knowledgable people.

Herndon, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to identify and handle incidents was the most interesting part of the internship for me.

That I wasn't able to work in the queue like a full time analyst but due to time restrictions this was entirely understandable.

This job is amazing if you are interested in seeing how a managed security provider protects hundreds of large companies world-wide from cyber threats.

Advice to Management

Not much, possibly come up with more hands on things to work on.

Great learning experience

Mountain View, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned lots of things during my internship. Learned new techniques, programming language and much more.

I didn't got relocation even though other interns got it.

Symantec is a great company to start and develop ur career.

Advice to Management

Compensation, Food plcaes

The experience of a lifetime

Herndon, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and experience. I learned so much about being an employer of a real business.

There was nothing I didn't like about it.

Be outgoing and productive

Wonderful experience interning at Symantec

Saint Paul, MN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Welcoming environment, project variety, real-world experience

Working 40-hour weeks but earning no PTO

Symantec in Roseville is an excellent place to work, with a good work/life balance and plenty of opportunities to meet coworkers and network (and get free food!). The work is interesting, and I felt like a valued part of the team.

Advice to Management

Especially for lengthy internships (longer than just the summer), it would be nice to earn at least some vacation to take a day off here or there.

This internship provided practical, real-world experience, decent pay in a flexible environment, and valuable team building skills.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, opportunities to get involved to increase visibility for hire, nice perks (good food, free coffee, gym). Relaxed environment, but on a driven and supportive team. Respectful and caring to all employees and treat interns like full-timers.

Less pay and perks than forerunners of the computer science industry (Google, Microsoft, etc.). Not much face time with management (could be good or bad based on personal preferences).

As my first job in the industry (computer science), this internship was a dream for me, and if the pay is in your desired range, they have everything you might want. I felt like I was a trusted and respected part of the team, enough to be treated as any other full-time employee. Work moved at the pace I was going, and I was put on some great projects.

Advice to Management

I am having an extremely enjoyable time at Symantec, and I attribute that largely to the respect, trust, and patience management puts into their interns. Please continue to do such a great job in making me feel like a meaningful part of the team. The only criticism I would have is that some of management seemed either too distant or busy to get much face-time to sit down and talk about job prospects or tricks and tips of working at the company; this was not a big deal, as I'd rather be self-guided and working, but I think this would make the job a lot more personable.