HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

HP was an incredible experience!
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

This internship has allowed me to acheive my goals through empowerment and a great work/life balance.
Albuquerque, NM | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to control your path, full empowerment and responsibility for employees, a way to create my own schedule to keep a good life balance, and great pay with benefits.

nothing... it is everything I was hoping for

It isn't all about sales, it is about learning to find solutions. This company is very ethical and provides a opportunities that no other tech company can.

How good are you at managing your own time and business? // Are you self driven? // Are you compatible with an environment that is constantly changing?

Advice to Management

Training can be a little longer instead of the learn as you go approach, but that is minor.

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.
Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

My work here matters.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

Awesome Hardware Research and Development Internship at HP
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was never a dull moment, tons of interdisciplinary projects, very diverse skillsets working together

There was not a single bad aspect of the internship.

You need to have a firm grasp of your technical skills, but your interpersonal skills are just as important. Communication is key when working with teams on critical projects.

Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position and give me an example of a specific problem you encountered.

How do you deal with conflict?

Advice to Management

My management experiences thus far have been ideal.

What makes internship in HP so appealing?
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

Professional growth
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and Professional experience

nothing, is perfect.

Friendly company employee

Real full-time job experience in industry. Flexibility of projects and learning opportunities.
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager treated me like a normal, full-time employee. I received real work and was given creative license on my project. The group of interns on site were also very social and offered many out-of-work opportunities.

Once my project was done, I didn't have enough time to do another complete project. I ended up spending the last 3 weeks doing many small bug fixes.

Expect to do real work! It's easy, as an intern, to expect grunt work and to be able to slack off. That is NOT the case here. You will do work that matters to the company, and get well-compensated for it!

As a firmware engineer, I was asked many questions about linux, C programming, and to develop a short program to solve a problem. Knowledge of data structures is key.