Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

I could do this forever.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet some great people through networking events and office chatting. I learned a lot about what it is like to work for an industry as opposed to acedemia. These past three months further strengthened my career choice. I truly do not feel like I worked even though I accomplished quite a bit. I also learned that working slowly but consistently is much more effective.

I had difficulty getting housing as many of the options given to me were unavailable for only 3 months. I ended up coming to the internship without housing for the first few days. I also had to get 3 offer letters because the first 2 were blank.

You will not regret a decision to join HP for your job. There is an element of freedom here and you are basically expected to do work. Coming a little late and working at different times is ok here. As an intern, I feel as though I learned many life skills in the past 3 months.

What would you do if you had data that needed to be secure and readily accessible?

Describe the basic elements of programming: Pointers, Data Types, recursion, etc.

Describe the basic ideals of programming: Coupling, Multithreading, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc

What have you done in computer science? Projects? Assignments? Classes?

Advice to Management

Since there was basically nothing that I disliked about my internship it is difficult to find things to improve. I do wish that it was made clear to me that there is a technical career path. I initially believed that to move up, you must go to management. As someone who likes doing technical things, this news was mindblowing.

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.

work and job, for will be the best

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here

A worthwhile project that has a good impact/

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A Project that matters.

The commute.

Sign up! It's a great internship and you will learn a lot.

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

HP was an incredible experience!

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.