4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

What makes internship in HP so appealing?
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

Awesome Hardware Research and Development Internship at HP
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was never a dull moment, tons of interdisciplinary projects, very diverse skillsets working together

There was not a single bad aspect of the internship.

You need to have a firm grasp of your technical skills, but your interpersonal skills are just as important. Communication is key when working with teams on critical projects.

Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position and give me an example of a specific problem you encountered.

How do you deal with conflict?

Advice to Management

My management experiences thus far have been ideal.

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

This internship has allowed me to acheive my goals through empowerment and a great work/life balance.
Albuquerque, NM | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to control your path, full empowerment and responsibility for employees, a way to create my own schedule to keep a good life balance, and great pay with benefits.

nothing... it is everything I was hoping for

It isn't all about sales, it is about learning to find solutions. This company is very ethical and provides a opportunities that no other tech company can.

How good are you at managing your own time and business? // Are you self driven? // Are you compatible with an environment that is constantly changing?

Advice to Management

Training can be a little longer instead of the learn as you go approach, but that is minor.

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.
Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

My work here matters.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Excelente
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario