Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

N/A

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals

Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.

I could do this forever.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet some great people through networking events and office chatting. I learned a lot about what it is like to work for an industry as opposed to acedemia. These past three months further strengthened my career choice. I truly do not feel like I worked even though I accomplished quite a bit. I also learned that working slowly but consistently is much more effective.

I had difficulty getting housing as many of the options given to me were unavailable for only 3 months. I ended up coming to the internship without housing for the first few days. I also had to get 3 offer letters because the first 2 were blank.

You will not regret a decision to join HP for your job. There is an element of freedom here and you are basically expected to do work. Coming a little late and working at different times is ok here. As an intern, I feel as though I learned many life skills in the past 3 months.

What would you do if you had data that needed to be secure and readily accessible?

Describe the basic elements of programming: Pointers, Data Types, recursion, etc.

Describe the basic ideals of programming: Coupling, Multithreading, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc

What have you done in computer science? Projects? Assignments? Classes?

Advice to Management

Since there was basically nothing that I disliked about my internship it is difficult to find things to improve. I do wish that it was made clear to me that there is a technical career path. I initially believed that to move up, you must go to management. As someone who likes doing technical things, this news was mindblowing.

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

HP was an incredible experience!

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

The Best Internship Ever

Boulder, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience, flexibility, and networking opportunities were the best aspects of this internship.

The parking lot could be improved.

Though this internship is flexible, it has to be a high priority for employees.

The best work experience ever

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly coworkers, nice working environment and lot of things to learn and enjoy about work in here.

Nothing, I really like working in here as the way it is.

Don't be nervous at the moment of the interview, the interviewers are very nice and friendly and is better to concentrate yourself in show that your the best candidate.

- Some friendly questions about your hobbies or your interests in English to hear your fluency to speak English.

- In my case questions about consultations and syntax in mySql

Advice to Management

A little bit more of training new employees before to start working.