Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Well guided Learning Experience

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work and explore an independent project

The onboarding process

I would happily encourage any one to take up the internship with HP. Expect to work on individual projects. Be confident on your skills

1. Explain about the observer pattern. ( the question asked was not straight. He provided me with a scenario which basically deals with subscriptions)

Advice to Management

Please make the onboarding and background check procedures fast.

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

HP internship is a both an enriching and degrading experience.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided many opportunities to learn new technologies and learn professional skills.

People are degrading. While not all permanent employees display such crude nature, you are openly told that you are not important enough, ignored, and encouraged not to ask questions.

Permanent employees think they are better than you from the get go.

What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ****, degrading people.

Learning

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to discuss things with my Mentor and receiving that sort of guidance.

A few intern events seemed a bit pointless

Helpful coworkers and adaptive experience

Much Wanted Experience

Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship is that I got to and get to create custom software to help everyone and increase productivity, I also enjoyed getting the chance to lead some meetings to demonstrate my software to my bosses.

I liked everything a lot with my internship but what I least liked is testing, because of the monotony, but I was warned in the interview that it would be so I can't complain to much about that.

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask your bosses for more work if you really are there to gain experience.

Amazing opportunity to learn in a real world setting!

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project you work on matters to HP and is applicable to their everyday business. The people and the environment were very welcoming and relaxed.

I would have appreciated a little more guidance from my manager in the beginning of my internship.

From my experience, HP would be a wonderful company to work for. The people are great, from top-line managers to fellow employees. HP makes sure that every employee knows they matter.

The best co-op job I've ever had

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given responsibility for projects. Being challenged. Having flexibility with projects and working hours. Being able to work from home on occasion. Networking.

Day-to-day work that could better be done by a permanent employee.

HP will open doors for you. You can make as much of your internship as you like.

political

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible, engaging, nice people

Stressful, politilcal, old atmosphere

Definitely a great place to have a first internship, with just the brand name of the company itself. Full-time is up to each person's individual preference.

Part of the HP Team

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly on a real software project with experienced engineers. Intern and employee events. Flexible hours. Good pay. Was able to take time off when needed. A positive culture and very friendly people.

I was not assigned a specific mentor, although most HP interns are. Some disorganization within my team about what I should be doing and who should be helping me.

I would recommend this company to anyone. I enjoyed my time here and it seems like a great place to begin a career in technology.

Have you ever worked on a team project and what was your experience (if positive, why was it positive? If negative, why and what did you do about it?)?

HP is a great company to intern for and they do their best to help you succeed.

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to take a project as my own and design/implement it as I saw best fit.

It can be difficult to find others who know about what you are working on.

Communicate with your manager your desires instantly after being hired. If you want to work through the school year: tell them. If you want to work after your graduate: MAKE SURE THEY KNOW.