Working with a wide variety of engineers. People with a year and a half all the way up to 35 years in the printer business,
Working on a project that an engineer was also working on would have been cool. The projects I did were all driven by me with help from mentors when I needed it.
Advice to Potential Interns
Be ready to learn a lot of new stuff. Of all the skills and knowledge I used this summer about 15% was stuff I learned in school, the other 85% was learned on the job.
Sample Interview Questions
They asked a lot of basic Circuits I and II class type stuff. How does the reactance of a capacitor change with frequency, what is ohms law, how do you bias an LED, etc. Also asked plenty of non technical questions, they want to make sure you're a good fit for the team in addition to having a base level of technical knowledge.