HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

The best co-op job I've ever had
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given responsibility for projects. Being challenged. Having flexibility with projects and working hours. Being able to work from home on occasion. Networking.

Day-to-day work that could better be done by a permanent employee.

HP will open doors for you. You can make as much of your internship as you like.

A great experience to be a part of the cutting edge of cloud software in OpenStack.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to develop software which will be deployed and used in a production environment in the real world.

Much of what I have learned in my college career hasn't been directly applicable to my daily tasks. The scale of software in production is many times larger than any program I've written in college so far. It seems that the ability to perform successfully relies on your knowledge of the codebase, rather than your skill in developing software, which makes learning the codebase very important.

I would recommend an HP internship to any other student who is currently evaluating it, especially if it is within the HP Cloud organization.

Do you know what the Cloud is?

Learning
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to discuss things with my Mentor and receiving that sort of guidance.

A few intern events seemed a bit pointless

Helpful coworkers and adaptive experience

Amazing opportunity to learn in a real world setting!
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project you work on matters to HP and is applicable to their everyday business. The people and the environment were very welcoming and relaxed.

I would have appreciated a little more guidance from my manager in the beginning of my internship.

From my experience, HP would be a wonderful company to work for. The people are great, from top-line managers to fellow employees. HP makes sure that every employee knows they matter.

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

Part of the HP Team
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly on a real software project with experienced engineers. Intern and employee events. Flexible hours. Good pay. Was able to take time off when needed. A positive culture and very friendly people.

I was not assigned a specific mentor, although most HP interns are. Some disorganization within my team about what I should be doing and who should be helping me.

I would recommend this company to anyone. I enjoyed my time here and it seems like a great place to begin a career in technology.

Have you ever worked on a team project and what was your experience (if positive, why was it positive? If negative, why and what did you do about it?)?

In this place I got to developing a lot of abilities that I don't know who I enable
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It is flexible for the student, the place to work is good, there are a lot of programs that makes employees take care of your healthy, finances and also be engaged with HP to grow up.

It would be good if have more trainings for the interns specifically, I just participate of one and it was so good for the professional life at HP

I think you would be willing, always you are free, ask you manager if he/she needs more help. Be interesting in know something new

Why do want to work at HP?

What do you know about the HP?

Advice to Management

Here, that are promotion policies, compensation hours, training and events that makes the people team united.

political
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible, engaging, nice people

Stressful, politilcal, old atmosphere

Definitely a great place to have a first internship, with just the brand name of the company itself. Full-time is up to each person's individual preference.

Well guided Learning Experience
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work and explore an independent project

The onboarding process

I would happily encourage any one to take up the internship with HP. Expect to work on individual projects. Be confident on your skills

1. Explain about the observer pattern. ( the question asked was not straight. He provided me with a scenario which basically deals with subscriptions)

Advice to Management

Please make the onboarding and background check procedures fast.

HP internship is a both an enriching and degrading experience.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided many opportunities to learn new technologies and learn professional skills.

People are degrading. While not all permanent employees display such crude nature, you are openly told that you are not important enough, ignored, and encouraged not to ask questions.

Permanent employees think they are better than you from the get go.

What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ****, degrading people.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)