Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Great

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good relationships

The chances of Careers

A great company to learn

Great opportunity for learning and meaningful interactions with other engineers

Flexibility, Teamwork, Intern Events

Work may sometimes seem monotonous - more variety would be preferred

If you're looking for an engineering employer that is flexible and has a good work atmosphere (helpful coworkers) but high pay is not your priority then HP is a perfect fit for you.

How would you go about estimating the number of hairdressers in a particular city?

Much Wanted Experience

Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship is that I got to and get to create custom software to help everyone and increase productivity, I also enjoyed getting the chance to lead some meetings to demonstrate my software to my bosses.

I liked everything a lot with my internship but what I least liked is testing, because of the monotony, but I was warned in the interview that it would be so I can't complain to much about that.

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask your bosses for more work if you really are there to gain experience.

it was an excellent experience where i learned a lot of things with professional people and they shared to me, all their knowledge.

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity that they gave me to demonstrate what i can do, and the experience to learn with professional and expert.

the uncertainty of what will happen at the end of my contract

just that, in the complete year, i learned pre sales things, sales process, configuration tools, validation, tracing, and i understood and learned about business process.

What do you know about this company?

What are your plans in the future?

Do you speak English?

What do you learn in your university?

Advice to Management

maybe talk more with the employee, share ideas about the future(promotion), and help the employee to plan his future

Came in with an open mind, came out with a bigger mind

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyones positive attitude around the office and willingness to help eachother

Working in what feels like an old/antiquated building

Ask a lot of questions, never sit there wondering what you should or need to do. Sitting on one problem and not asking for help is not the way to go.

"Tell me about inheritance in an object oriented language" , "Tell me about a time when you had to make a hard decision that did not please everyone that it affected"

Advice to Management

Make getting 3par and HP accounts set up a lot easier, maybe get rid of cubicles?

Not what you thought Release Engineering was.

Worcester, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with engineers as just another (albeit, entry-level) engineer.

Projects sometimes were initially broadly given such that it was difficult to get started.

HP honestly doesn't really pay well compared to other companies of similar size and prestige. The reason to work there is the environment.

HP doesn't grill its interns. They simply ask you for your education, experience, and skillset. They take you at your word for internships mostly.

Advice to Management

More compensation, other big companies pay more than $10 more per hr.

Amazing opportunity to learn in a real world setting!

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project you work on matters to HP and is applicable to their everyday business. The people and the environment were very welcoming and relaxed.

I would have appreciated a little more guidance from my manager in the beginning of my internship.

From my experience, HP would be a wonderful company to work for. The people are great, from top-line managers to fellow employees. HP makes sure that every employee knows they matter.

great people, great experience, and a lot to learn about.

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting different people in the office and learning how things work and operate.

being pulled in different directions but that's kind of what makes it fun

study the information that is provided during training, you will need it later on

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

A great experience to be a part of the cutting edge of cloud software in OpenStack.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to develop software which will be deployed and used in a production environment in the real world.

Much of what I have learned in my college career hasn't been directly applicable to my daily tasks. The scale of software in production is many times larger than any program I've written in college so far. It seems that the ability to perform successfully relies on your knowledge of the codebase, rather than your skill in developing software, which makes learning the codebase very important.

I would recommend an HP internship to any other student who is currently evaluating it, especially if it is within the HP Cloud organization.

Do you know what the Cloud is?