Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Well guided Learning Experience

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work and explore an independent project

The onboarding process

I would happily encourage any one to take up the internship with HP. Expect to work on individual projects. Be confident on your skills

1. Explain about the observer pattern. ( the question asked was not straight. He provided me with a scenario which basically deals with subscriptions)

Advice to Management

Please make the onboarding and background check procedures fast.

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

Not what you thought Release Engineering was.

Worcester, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with engineers as just another (albeit, entry-level) engineer.

Projects sometimes were initially broadly given such that it was difficult to get started.

HP honestly doesn't really pay well compared to other companies of similar size and prestige. The reason to work there is the environment.

HP doesn't grill its interns. They simply ask you for your education, experience, and skillset. They take you at your word for internships mostly.

Advice to Management

More compensation, other big companies pay more than $10 more per hr.

HP internship is a both an enriching and degrading experience.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided many opportunities to learn new technologies and learn professional skills.

People are degrading. While not all permanent employees display such crude nature, you are openly told that you are not important enough, ignored, and encouraged not to ask questions.

Permanent employees think they are better than you from the get go.

What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ****, degrading people.

Much Wanted Experience

Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship is that I got to and get to create custom software to help everyone and increase productivity, I also enjoyed getting the chance to lead some meetings to demonstrate my software to my bosses.

I liked everything a lot with my internship but what I least liked is testing, because of the monotony, but I was warned in the interview that it would be so I can't complain to much about that.

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask your bosses for more work if you really are there to gain experience.

The Internship That Puts YOU Ahead of Your Peers

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was a variety of projects with different requirements. I was able to work with many teams and learn from different people. My focus was on program specific work instead of busy work.

There is a high pressure to perform. There are few women in the division

Fort Collins is a great site for interns. They do a lot to enhance the internship experience.

Great opportunities for beginning engineering students.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a wide variety of engineers. People with a year and a half all the way up to 35 years in the printer business,

Working on a project that an engineer was also working on would have been cool. The projects I did were all driven by me with help from mentors when I needed it.

Be ready to learn a lot of new stuff. Of all the skills and knowledge I used this summer about 15% was stuff I learned in school, the other 85% was learned on the job.

They asked a lot of basic Circuits I and II class type stuff. How does the reactance of a capacitor change with frequency, what is ohms law, how do you bias an LED, etc. Also asked plenty of non technical questions, they want to make sure you're a good fit for the team in addition to having a base level of technical knowledge.

A taste of the SoCal life

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great manager, great company culture, location, the people

Lack of intern events/gatherings

I can't vouch for the whole organization, only the San Diego location, but it has been by far the absolute best place to work.

Tell me about your releveant classes/coursework

Tell me about previous internship expierence

Advice to Management

Help better with relocation for people from out of state

The True Learning Experiance

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot about Programming and Independent work flows

My team had an issue with time allocation for an Intern.

Enjoy the Internship its not only for you to sell yourself to the company but for the company and the area to sell themselves to you.

Advice to Management

I would just look at how much time people have to give to the intern, along with use smaller project with quite a few of them instead of just one

Great opportunity for learning and meaningful interactions with other engineers

Flexibility, Teamwork, Intern Events

Work may sometimes seem monotonous - more variety would be preferred

If you're looking for an engineering employer that is flexible and has a good work atmosphere (helpful coworkers) but high pay is not your priority then HP is a perfect fit for you.

How would you go about estimating the number of hairdressers in a particular city?