Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

LGBT Student finds safe workspace with opportunity for career advancement.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, HP intern inclusiveness, granted many responsibilities

Some tasks proved above my level of experience

Working in engineering is not for the lazy, give it your all and love what you do

Advice to Management

Needs better entry into workspace, getting started was awkward. Needs more defined tasks doled out to interns.

Great Experience Teaching Me About Differences in Work and School

- Flexibility
- Great Staff
- Motivated towards a goal

- Time Management
-Deadlines

There exists a lot of opportunities and a lot of progress to me made making the work interesting

One of the most fun and rewarding things I have done in my life
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That every day is different, the people I have worked with, most of the tasks or projects I have done, the flexibility and that when I’m not in school I can work full time, the intership program that HP has is great in the summer there are fun events .

Sometimes there isn’t much to do, there was one project that went on for a while that I didn’t like that was inventorying around 1000 different sticks of memory.

It’s a fun place to work at and you are challenged every day, you should be a hard worker.

Great project, people, & prospects.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People at all levels willing to help out with my project and to talk about finance careers at HP.

Company as a whole isn't performing great.

Take the time to talk to as many people within the finance organization while you're there.

Advice to Management

Improve the onboarding process.

Excitement in the process of creating a better tomorrow for HP's customers.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There is always something new to learn.

I have to ask for more work because certain aspects become monotonous and unchallenging.

Keep trying your best and smile as you face off another day of fun yet tedious projects that challenge your skills. :)

Advice to Management

I would love to ask for more hours because I work more than how many hours I get paid for due to the need and timeliness of projects.

I like to brag about where I work.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility. I can choose the days and hours I work. If I have a test or too much homework I just let my boss know and I don't have to come in. I can also work from home. As long as I get my work done, I can come and go as I please.

The four year length of program. I started right after high school and will work full time during the summer and part time during the school year until I graduate from college.

The limitless opportunities to learn. I currently work with an environmental product steward, but I have been taught how to create websites, use Photoshop, create videos, test for chemicals, create and distribute surveys, and general business practices. And these are just some of the things that I have asked colleges to teach me! HP also offers numerous learning opportunities specifically for interns and for HP employees in general. I recent went to a talk about business and culture in Japan, and one about cloud computing.

The advantage I have at school. I am majoring in business and political science. The ability to work at HP has given me real life experience that I can utilize at school. This has put he ahead of my peers, and I have been able to understand new concepts better because I can apply it to a situation at work.

I genuinely love my internship and it is extremely hard to think about a negative. It is a twenty minute drive from my school/work. (which still isn't that bad)

Even if you are not a technical person I would still recommend HP. I came in with almost no knowledge of computers which did not hinder my ability to preform.

Acquiring Familiarity with Corporate Lifestyle
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting acquainted with the processes used at a large corporation.

Assignments were often easier than expected; pay not great

Ask for the appropriate position for what you want to do

Great opportunities to learn and experience the corporate world
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentoring and willingness of people who worked with me to teach.

Feel as though I was not challenged enough

Be sure to let your supervisor know which area you are really interested in learning more about. They will do their best to place you where you want to be.

Great way to get experience working in a Fortune 500 company
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great exposure to complex issues that only arise in a large multinational corporation.

Work prodominately on one project instead of exposure to many different projects.

You'll receive better assignments if you demonstrate a basic working knowledge of the group's functional area.

Advice to Management

Be more open to hiring interns as full time employees.

Excellent Work Experience with a large Corporation
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the work/professional experience I have gained from my internship. HP also has a very good, structured internship programs so you get to meet other interns and you have formal mentors.

My job is very cyclical so there are times when I'm really busy and them times when I'm not very busy at all. It would be nice if it was more steady, but that is just the nature of my role.

I think HP is a great place to intern. They have a formal internship program and provide very good career experience.

Advice to Management

It would be good for interns to have a formal review each year like full time employees do. I would also like more training and development opportunities.