4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

Much Wanted Experience
Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship is that I got to and get to create custom software to help everyone and increase productivity, I also enjoyed getting the chance to lead some meetings to demonstrate my software to my bosses.

I liked everything a lot with my internship but what I least liked is testing, because of the monotony, but I was warned in the interview that it would be so I can't complain to much about that.

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask your bosses for more work if you really are there to gain experience.

The Internship That Puts YOU Ahead of Your Peers
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was a variety of projects with different requirements. I was able to work with many teams and learn from different people. My focus was on program specific work instead of busy work.

There is a high pressure to perform. There are few women in the division

Fort Collins is a great site for interns. They do a lot to enhance the internship experience.

Amazing opportunity to learn in a real world setting!
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project you work on matters to HP and is applicable to their everyday business. The people and the environment were very welcoming and relaxed.

I would have appreciated a little more guidance from my manager in the beginning of my internship.

From my experience, HP would be a wonderful company to work for. The people are great, from top-line managers to fellow employees. HP makes sure that every employee knows they matter.

great people, great experience, and a lot to learn about.
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting different people in the office and learning how things work and operate.

being pulled in different directions but that's kind of what makes it fun

study the information that is provided during training, you will need it later on

A great experience to be a part of the cutting edge of cloud software in OpenStack.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to develop software which will be deployed and used in a production environment in the real world.

Much of what I have learned in my college career hasn't been directly applicable to my daily tasks. The scale of software in production is many times larger than any program I've written in college so far. It seems that the ability to perform successfully relies on your knowledge of the codebase, rather than your skill in developing software, which makes learning the codebase very important.

I would recommend an HP internship to any other student who is currently evaluating it, especially if it is within the HP Cloud organization.

Do you know what the Cloud is?

Learning what you will actually be doing with your computer science degree.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to apply what I have learned in a way that made me responsible for what I create (more so than when you are just working on a project for a grade). I've picked up two languages and a new design pattern. My project wasn't just something to entertain an intern, but is something that will actually be used. I got to be responsible for every aspect of it, and learned the process of software engineering from the infancy (project description) stage, all the way to testing.

I learned a lot in twelve weeks, and had a great time. My mentor was fantastic at knowing how to teach. When I was wide-eyed terrified he offered help and guidance; when I (thought I) knew what I was doing, he would let me go off on my own and get things done. The rest of the team was amazingly supportive and eager to help when I had a specific question in an area they were known to excel in, going as far as to take time out of a really busy day to sit and work through a problem or bug.

This is minor, but I think a little more help finding short term housing would be a good idea. I ended up having to search on Craigslist, which is a bit scary.

Calm down (don't be nervous). Everyone knows that you are here to learn, and the only wrong thing to do here is to NOT ask questions. Don't understand your project description immediately? Ask questions. Your mentor and fellow team members are amazing resources of knowledge.

Get involved! Seriously. Go to lunch with the group of interns that go out once a week. Go out on the weekend trips and the crazy adventures. Spend off hours times with the people on your team, and got o lunch with them. Join a club or two (volleyball is amazing). Get to know your mentor. Go to the newbie lunch on Wednesdays to meet other employees. Seriously, this internship can be AMAZING, but only if you let it.

The best co-op job I've ever had
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given responsibility for projects. Being challenged. Having flexibility with projects and working hours. Being able to work from home on occasion. Networking.

Day-to-day work that could better be done by a permanent employee.

HP will open doors for you. You can make as much of your internship as you like.

political

Flexible, engaging, nice people

Stressful, politilcal, old atmosphere

Definitely a great place to have a first internship, with just the brand name of the company itself. Full-time is up to each person's individual preference.

A taste of the SoCal life
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great manager, great company culture, location, the people

Lack of intern events/gatherings

I can't vouch for the whole organization, only the San Diego location, but it has been by far the absolute best place to work.

Tell me about your releveant classes/coursework

Tell me about previous internship expierence

Advice to Management

Help better with relocation for people from out of state