Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Well guided Learning Experience

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work and explore an independent project

The onboarding process

I would happily encourage any one to take up the internship with HP. Expect to work on individual projects. Be confident on your skills

Advice to Management

Please make the onboarding and background check procedures fast.

1. Explain about the observer pattern. ( the question asked was not straight. He provided me with a scenario which basically deals with subscriptions)

HP internship is a both an enriching and degrading experience.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was provided many opportunities to learn new technologies and learn professional skills.

People are degrading. While not all permanent employees display such crude nature, you are openly told that you are not important enough, ignored, and encouraged not to ask questions.

Permanent employees think they are better than you from the get go.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring ****, degrading people.

What sort of projects have you worked on in the past?

Amazing opportunity to learn in a real world setting!

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The project you work on matters to HP and is applicable to their everyday business. The people and the environment were very welcoming and relaxed.

I would have appreciated a little more guidance from my manager in the beginning of my internship.

From my experience, HP would be a wonderful company to work for. The people are great, from top-line managers to fellow employees. HP makes sure that every employee knows they matter.

great people, great experience, and a lot to learn about.

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting different people in the office and learning how things work and operate.

being pulled in different directions but that's kind of what makes it fun

study the information that is provided during training, you will need it later on

Much Wanted Experience

Lansing, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship is that I got to and get to create custom software to help everyone and increase productivity, I also enjoyed getting the chance to lead some meetings to demonstrate my software to my bosses.

I liked everything a lot with my internship but what I least liked is testing, because of the monotony, but I was warned in the interview that it would be so I can't complain to much about that.

Work hard and don't be afraid to ask your bosses for more work if you really are there to gain experience.

Taking the role of a customer and providing demonstrations of my experience

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone here is extremely glad to help out. There is a large team feeling here

Some of the work was extremely easy and brainless, but when I asked for a more complex project it seemed overwhelming

Asa first internship I had no idea what to expect. But this work environment is something I can get used to

Advice to Management

More mentoring for the interns

(I was the head lead of a team creating an autonomous robot for my school's competition)

-What do you do as the head lead?

-How are you planning to test your robot

-Next time what would you do better?

The Internship That Puts YOU Ahead of Your Peers

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was a variety of projects with different requirements. I was able to work with many teams and learn from different people. My focus was on program specific work instead of busy work.

There is a high pressure to perform. There are few women in the division

Fort Collins is a great site for interns. They do a lot to enhance the internship experience.

A great experience to be a part of the cutting edge of cloud software in OpenStack.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to develop software which will be deployed and used in a production environment in the real world.

Much of what I have learned in my college career hasn't been directly applicable to my daily tasks. The scale of software in production is many times larger than any program I've written in college so far. It seems that the ability to perform successfully relies on your knowledge of the codebase, rather than your skill in developing software, which makes learning the codebase very important.

I would recommend an HP internship to any other student who is currently evaluating it, especially if it is within the HP Cloud organization.

Do you know what the Cloud is?

proactivity and learning and experience

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team gave me a lot of experience and support

salary and training

work objectives

Advice to Management

salary, respect working hours, remove repetitive processes

In this place I got to developing a lot of abilities that I don't know who I enable

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

It is flexible for the student, the place to work is good, there are a lot of programs that makes employees take care of your healthy, finances and also be engaged with HP to grow up.

It would be good if have more trainings for the interns specifically, I just participate of one and it was so good for the professional life at HP

I think you would be willing, always you are free, ask you manager if he/she needs more help. Be interesting in know something new

Advice to Management

Here, that are promotion policies, compensation hours, training and events that makes the people team united.

Why do want to work at HP?

What do you know about the HP?