Good resume builder and good experience working in a corporate environment.
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment is nice, and some of the people we work with are extremely smart.

My team members' schedule have them stretched very thin, and they have no available time to teach, instruct, or mentor me. I have found that there are no open full-time positions to apply for, in fact my division is undergoing drastic cost reduction initiatives and massive contraction as a whole, rather than expansion.

HP is a viable option to consider for an Internship, but realize that it is mostly useful as a resume builder. An intern here can expect to gain valuable workplace experience, but cannot expect to move into a full-time role at the completion of their internship.

Advice to Management

Offer some incentive to the senior team members to work with and mentor the interns. I see many brilliant engineers that are close to retiring, and the quality and caliber of work produced by HP is going to take a massive hit when their careers come to an end. If they would place more emphasis on cultivation of bright young people, they may have a better chance of replacing the retirees with competent, worthy personnel.

Boredom, belittlement, waste of a summer.
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was nothing positive I gained from this internship outside of money.

Intern coordinators would rather belittle and talk down to intern than actually help. Work was neither stimulating nor challenging.

Do not accept a MBA internship with HP finance.

Advice to Management

COmpletely revamp the MBA intern program. We have too many activities aimed at undergrads and nothing of value. Intern coordinators talk to us like we are in high school, not people with as much or more work experience as them.