Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

A unique learning experience in a mutlinational company while finishing my college studies.

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You can from the professional life while you integrate the theory you are learning at college.

It's sometimes frustrating not knowing if you are going to be hired as a full time employee when your internship is going to end or not.

Hp sees your education as a priority so you can always count with their flexibility and support with school matters.

┬┐Why should Hp hire you?

Advice to Management

The compensation for the interns is not as competitive as other big companies, the interns retention is too low and the trainings and integration to the company is still not very clear.

Well compensated and Technically challenging

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the quality of technical work. I was working on systems that are next generation, and will not see deployment for at least 2 years. I had the opportunity to work in a cutting edge field relevant to my area of study.

The intern programs were awful. There was little to no way to meet other interns either in or out of work hours. No camaraderie. Despite offering to host multiple events, intern events would not help me find a way to get the word out, and expressly forbade me from using anything other than word of mouth.

Hard to beat for pay and content. Would not be somewhere I would want to work long term. Even the other employees make remarks about the quality of products, and no one likes what the company does.

I honestly don't remember. I had a single phone interview and it was 3-4 months ago.

Advice to Management

Stop letting marketing run an engineering company. Tech companies are essentially resource development entities, where their resource is their engineers. This requires putting the engineers first, and the rest of the staff supporting them and the technologies they develop, not demanding engineers do things xyz. This is a horrible place to be an engineer.