HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

N/A
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Independent

unable to gain help from others when needed. Company outsourced all help. Company values work and politics over it's own employees. Willing to put employees in harms way to make money.

Do not apply to this company if you value team work, being around others or do not understand computers

Advice to Management

They need to learn to take care of their employees. There needs to be an HR person at every office that deals with that office. Personnel need to learn to help each other. The company has no accountability of personnel in case of emergencies which puts first responders in danger.

HP is behind the times
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to experience to beauty of Northern California

HP's office in Roseville is terrible. A sea of cubicles with absolutely no perks. Very little employee interaction, HP payed hourly and would not pay overtime, yet workload demanded 50 hours a week. Employees at HP are not inspired, bar is not set high. Management have very little insight, project I worked on was a trainwreck. Felt like I was in a Dilbert cartoon

If you are looking for a large corporate experience HP might be for you. Also, if you are in a different office or department things may be more enjoyable.

Advice to Management

Wake up. IF you want the top recruits from top schools you are going to have to start innovating. Your work environment is bland and life draining. Your employees are not passionate nor are they inspired (which based on how you ran the project I worked on, I could see how work has such little intrinsic value at HP). I want to be challenged, I want to work in an environment that is leading the field, not 2-5 years behind the competition. I want to work in an office that I enjoy showing up to every day, not a sea of grey and pink cubiciles. There are absolutely no office perks, not even cups to put water in. My cubicle was vacuumed twice in 3 months. If you are satisfied with the status qou Management, keep it up.