Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

My work here matters.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

Spectacular Experience at HP

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, My managers, and the work environment.

The process of setting up my access to everything took way to long.

It is a great place to work.

What experience with programing languages.

Advice to Management

N/A

HP Internship: What its like to be an intern that actually does something - not just fetch coffee.

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people - everyone is so nice and it's really fun coming into the office everyday

The pay - the pay is great, no complaints here for a first job

The experience - getting real world experience really is priceless. Plus you get to build your network!

There is sometimes downtime, especially at the beginning of your internship.

ASK FOR WORK. Sitting at a desk doing nothing is BORING. Ask your manager for a project or two, keep yourself busy, have fun.

If you found yourself sitting at a desk, bored, what would you do?

Advice to Management

Keep your interns busy! Too many of us sit around doing nothing for hours a day. Challenge us, give us something that will actually be beneficial to the company. It's good to feel like you matter

Amazing experience to improve my skills

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The facility to communicate with all my co-wokers

Actually, i liked all assignment that was given to me.

Work environment

Outstanding

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

fun, rewarding, meaningful, learning experience

to be honest, nothing

make the most out of your internship and take opportunities that are given to you

gain knowledge

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gain knowledge

short time

new experience

how you see yourself in five years?

what you expect from HP

Advice to Management

get opportunities

Success and growing up

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The knowledge obtained

We have less time to work

Enjoy and learn as much as you can

Do you like team work?

Learn to work in a global multicultural company

Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new skills, willingness from my manager to let me take the lead in several projects, flexibility of schedule (due to the diverse meeting with different time zones), development of business skills and corporative communication strategies.

That I wasn't able to meet face to face with several of my coworkers even when we work closely together in a variety of projects.

Make sure to network and ask questions, don't be afraid of making suggestions, always have a strategy sustained with data for what you are proposing.

What defines quality in an organization.

Explain how can HP turnaround into a stronger business unit.

Advice to Management

Increase diversity and schedule training hours for interns to rotate and help in a variety of projects depending on the time they will be with the company.

Great internship with a great company

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were allowed to work on our own time and most people treated us like full time employees.

Required to participate in unnecessary events

Be prepared to apply knowledge you learned in school and not be trained and told exactly what to do at the internship