Date: 2013

Doing important work while meeting important people

I felt like my projects were making a difference at HP. They were really flexible with me and made sure they were giving me all that I needed. There were a lot of on campus activities and chances for me to meet other interns and make friends.

I wanted to start earlier in the summer, but there seemed to have been an HR backup, so I started two weeks later than my presumed start time.

Take advantage of the time you have here. Most everyone is willing to talk to you to help you figure out what you want to do, so make sure to set up meetings with employees to just learn about hwta they do and how they got to that place.

Advice to Management

I really liked working here this summer. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Date: 2013

Working in HP Networking's Marketing division provided great exposure to business functions, technology product details & global image.

The flexibility of the location, the convenience of employee perks (the gym, corporate events, etc) and the people in our department were the main highlights.

I though the intern fair and intern farewell event were poorly timed and interfered with the work that I needed to accomplish and there was a large disconnect between the itnern coordinators and the interns themselves. There should have been more events where everyone got together.

Working for HP provides ample opportunity to interact with the executives of one of the larges companies in the world. The benefits and recognition opportunities are generous and people are generally fun to work with. I suggest working in the Palo Alto, CA office if possible because of the convenient location to the mecca of silicon valley.

Advice to Management

Hewlett-Packards human resources needs to provide interns with a complete packet of information that includes expected hours, compensation, contact information, start date instructions, a relevant building map, parking instructions, a calendar of required events and trainings as well as an explanation of benefits and what is required for compensation to be fulfilled. This is not the intern coordinators' jobs, human resources needs to absorb this responsibility since they are the ones who can address related questions.

Date: 2013

Fun & Educational. I learned a lot!

Having managers, who have been in this field for years, teaching you. Having an "on boarding" buddy assist you with your tranistion and your go to person if you have any questions about the company.

Have to remind some individuals that you are an intern and you're still learning.

Be prepared to take notes and listed. Very knowledgable people. A lot to learn.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the amount of time interns spend working on different projects. Some have very little and others have a lot where they are unable to participate in the intern activities.

Date: 2013

Being an HP interns gives great hands on experience

Working with intellegence co-workers. Working with real products. Learning new trades

There is nothing I do not like about this internship

working with HP allows you to learn a lot about the field and see how well a great team works together

Advice to Management

For management I work say keep up the great working. The way you welcome an intern into the team is very appreciated

Date: 2013

Amazing opportunity to work alongside brilliant people in a corporate setting

High expectations promote a great work environment, and opportunities to grow within the company are endless.

I do not have any - I can honestly say this was the best experience.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, be the ideal employee and they will be the ideal employer. Organization is key, because you are in a professional environment and they don't see you as "just an intern", you are treated like an employee and expected to act as such.

Best Summer Internship

Treated like an employee through respect of co-workers and in the type of projects/responsibilities given to me

There were a few times where I ran out of work, but these were few and far between

HP Vertica is an amazing company to work for. There are tons of opportunities to connect with a variety of employees and there are so many chances to learn.

Most flexible internship

Overall flexibility. My manager encouraged us to attend all of the networking events, feedback from my manager throughout the summer on my projects. The ability to meet different technical managers who have different sorts of projects, there was always a baby project I could take on.

I was in a lab setting (which needed special access to get into). It was okay, but hard to talk to any of the other interns. I felt as though I were in a bubble.

Hp offers flexibility and cares about you growing as both professionally and individually. There are different types of programs within Hp that offer growth and potential.

Date: 2013

At HP you are in charge of your own career

I had full access to everything a normal employee had. I was given real work with real people to help me. Everyone was nice and helpful and no one looked down on me because I didn't know or was an intern.

I was left alone to do and discover things on my own. This wasnt bad but it made it hard at times to get places with certain projects. HP has very self-sufficent employees. This is true as an intern as well.

HP is a great place to work and learn and gain experience. They treat their employees well. As an intern it is best to work hard to talk to people and ask questions. People talk to interns and show them what they do just because you are an intern. An internship at HP is like a short term employment with all the perks and moreso including intern events and programs.

Date: 2013

An opportunity to collaborate with innovators and expand my network.

culture, teams, amenities, location

Not always knowing where you fit into the organization because it is so large.

Find your fit. HP has a unique culture, and it is most important to find where you feel comfortable.

Date: 2013

Aprender sempre e ter muitas oportunidades

Learning, people legaise participation from the company

Delay of access to the system

Be dynamic and want to learn

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)