Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Help Technicians Service Printers in Development and Help Engineers Test Their Designs

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

In my opinion, the best part of my internship was the variety and broadness of the experiences I had and the people I met. I got to work with Mechanical Engineers (my major), Electrical Engineers, the Firmware team, as well as the technicians. Based on the nature of the tasks that I completed I was able to grow a large network and know a lot of people outside of the team that I work on. I also really enjoyed the company culture of flexibility in when you show up to work, leave work, doctor's appointments, etc. I also really liked all of the hands-on stuff that I got to do.

The most frustrating thing for me was that I knew that there was a number of things I needed to do in my first few weeks, but I didn't know what I needed to do. There was no easy-access compiled list of all the HR/new hire tasks I needed to complete. The other not as desirable aspect was sometimes there simply wasn't any work for me to do, which I know was a part of the nature of the position and work, but I really liked when there was stuff for me to do.

HP culture is very unique. They are pretty flexible and understanding. HP is very focused on quality. They also believe that diversity within the company is a great strength.

I was asked to explain the law of conservation of energy and apply it to a waterfall evaluating the energy situation before the water fell, as it was falling, and at the bottom.

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

The Best Place To Work As An Intern

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The complete department is really cool, and makes you feel from day 1 like one of the company, my duties where really nice and I learn a lot in this 6 months.

Just that the interns don't get the same benefits as a full time employee

You need to move fast, it's and intern job so you need to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to the work to shine

Background, work experience, and knowledge

Advice to Management

I Think in that way this organization it's ok and works with all of the information

HP gives interns the opportunity to work on projects of great significance and pushes their interns to learn everything about the business.

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great management, great opportunities, exposure to executives and c-level employees, feeling trusted

Sometimes I wish I had more to do.

Come to HP ready to learn. They're looking for great minds, but you're not necessarily going to use what you studied/learned in school.

Walk me through the three financial statements and tell me why each is important.

What experience do you have with financial modeling? What are some financial models that you feel comfortable with?

Tell me about a time when you saw a problem and you took initiative.

Tell me each line item of the income statement.

Advice to Management

HP could work on creating a more fun/google-type culture.

Stimulating and Rewarding Intership Experience

Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a project that added business value to the company and will be actually used daily by my team

The only thing that I did not like is that HP no longer offers extensions on internships so that I could remain working during the semester

Nerds and geeks are welcome here.

Advice to Management

Year round internship programs

Best pre-work, taking experience

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity of develop my skills learned during my career, learn about the company, learn concepts from finance

Not to be able to change some process

It´s a nice company to work in, because they offer a lot of benefits related with the develop inside the organization

* What do you like?

* Which is the subject I like most?

* How about my English?

Advice to Management

I guess that to do it a nice place to work in it´s up to the employee, because the organization gives the opportunities

HP Internship: What its like to be an intern that actually does something - not just fetch coffee.

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people - everyone is so nice and it's really fun coming into the office everyday

The pay - the pay is great, no complaints here for a first job

The experience - getting real world experience really is priceless. Plus you get to build your network!

There is sometimes downtime, especially at the beginning of your internship.

ASK FOR WORK. Sitting at a desk doing nothing is BORING. Ask your manager for a project or two, keep yourself busy, have fun.

If you found yourself sitting at a desk, bored, what would you do?

Advice to Management

Keep your interns busy! Too many of us sit around doing nothing for hours a day. Challenge us, give us something that will actually be beneficial to the company. It's good to feel like you matter

My internship experience taught me about technology and the storage of data.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and gaining experience from colleagues who have years of experience.

Sitting at a desk and rarely having interaction with others was a hard part of the day.

My team was very on top of their tasks and very good at communicating.

Great experience and learned so much more in the last 2 months than I have in school.

Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable. I was never afraid to ask team members for help and if they didn't know how to answer my question, they would go out of their way to refer me to someone else who could help me.

Sometimes the office was emptier on Fridays, but still found team members easy to reach online.

Flexible and stable. A lot of people in the office tend to work at home and all meetings are done on the phone.

Get paid to learn in one of the best companies - Not a dream, it's reality

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning a lot of things that will be useful in my professional carreer

------------------