Date: 2013

Real world experience, with competitive benefits and excellent career mentorship

Great networking opportunities, Very competitive pay/benefits, Relevant experience in my field, Opportunity to earn full time employement

The process of accepting a job offer can be quite prolonged from offer to actual start date.

HP offers a great opportunity to grow and develop within your field. As an intern you are given guidance, and managers/mentors understand that you are not quite yet at the level of someone who has been working for years in your field. At the same time, you are given projects and responsbilities similar to any other employee allowing you to gain the necessary experience yourself, but with less pressure and more individual support.

Advice to Management

Streamline the employee onboarding process, in terms of the process from accepting a job offer to being ready to start. Make sure the welcome packet with information for interns is available right off the bat upon starting employement. I got mine about a week after

Date: 2013

Only second to Study Abroad in terms of challenge and personal/professional growth.

I loved interacting with my coworkers and the other interns. The HP Intern Program and my manager provided so many opportunities to improve my networking skills and grow as an individual. I worked on a real project that will make a difference in the next generation of servers at HP, so that also contributed to my enjoyment of the work I was doing.

Working an 8 hour day in a cubicle/corporate America took some adjusting, but I think it's better to get used to that now than to be thrown into it, full-time, when I graduate.

Take notes on what your manager says you will be working on during the interview and do some research before you start, especially if you're not familiar with the field/technology. Also, HP has a great Intern Program, but most of the events are optional, so you have to step out of your comfort zone and GO to make the most of the experience.

Buy parts and cmmodities

The team was wonderful, everything I expected

my computer equipment was old but it took days to recieve it

I would reccomend to check the part of the team and also HP way

Date: 2013

Great environment with great people

Working environment and gym

cafe is not good, expensive and taste bad

potential great company in IT

Obtain Real Time Knowledge

Getting to know the work culture.

not giving a full time job

The Company is a great place to work and grow along with it.

HP enriches the lives of students through Internship Program

I love the challenege my job brings. With each challenge, I have strengthened my skills and gained the confidence I need to be successful in a professional setting. I have also enjoyed collaborating with my team members. Working with the marketing team has been a rewarding experience.

I truly have no complaints!

During my interview, I was asked what I thought of when I heard the term HP. When I think of HP I think of the word opportunity. On my campus, the career services office spotlights students who want to share their experience as a new employee, or to share their experience as an intern. In both of these instances, there is always an employee from HP. And each time, they have nothing but wonderful things to say. HP gives students (and recent graduates) the kind of opportunity many other companies do not offer.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice for management.

Date: 2013

One team, one trusted partner, one time.

1. the people; 2. the opportunities for growth; 3. HP's committment to economic and social responsibility; 4. benefits and compensation

the commute from home

A positive and safe learning environment filled with both experienced employees and innovative new graduates. HP has a genuine commitment to bettering its individual employees as well as the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

more activities for interns to get involved

Date: 2013

Working in HP Networking's Marketing division provided great exposure to business functions, technology product details & global image.

The flexibility of the location, the convenience of employee perks (the gym, corporate events, etc) and the people in our department were the main highlights.

I though the intern fair and intern farewell event were poorly timed and interfered with the work that I needed to accomplish and there was a large disconnect between the itnern coordinators and the interns themselves. There should have been more events where everyone got together.

Working for HP provides ample opportunity to interact with the executives of one of the larges companies in the world. The benefits and recognition opportunities are generous and people are generally fun to work with. I suggest working in the Palo Alto, CA office if possible because of the convenient location to the mecca of silicon valley.

Advice to Management

Hewlett-Packards human resources needs to provide interns with a complete packet of information that includes expected hours, compensation, contact information, start date instructions, a relevant building map, parking instructions, a calendar of required events and trainings as well as an explanation of benefits and what is required for compensation to be fulfilled. This is not the intern coordinators' jobs, human resources needs to absorb this responsibility since they are the ones who can address related questions.

Date: 2013

Great experience! Best work environment I could ask for.

Manager and mentor were always there for help. Great internship program with a lot of fun and interesting events. The opportunity to grow and learn new things.

I didn't care that much for the Houston area.

Make the most of this internship. Go to all of the intern events. They offer mock interviews with hiring managers, panels with executives, and fun social events.

Date: 2013

The time of my life in one and half year.

Learning process, meeting new people, exercising my knowledge.

Don't have any.

Do you best, as much as you can.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have once a month a special day that is all about culture. Rooms with movies, dances, library, debates about philosophical topics, etc