Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Exciting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning something new and exciting

Less down time

Be open minded and do your best

Great Opportunities to Jumpstart your Career at HP
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to gain relevant experience, willingness of management to allow me to pursue goals, excellent atmosphere and work environment,

No real complaints about the internship

HP has lots of opportunities to work on special projects so that you can branch out and learn more and make more connections.

I had a really great time and I learned a lot. All of the individuals I worked with were spectacular.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility of my work hours and where I did my work. However, when I was in office I had a great work environment. My colleagues were friendly and helpful!

Being so far away from home. Everything else was amazing!

Give it 100% of your effort and you will succeed. Make sure to participate and take advantage of all the intern opportunities and events. Be pro-active and don't be afraid to ask for help - you are there to learn as well as work.

Advice to Management

Improvement in promotion policies and events. Create projects that encourage interns to work together, using their individual skills to contribute to the project.

A great start heading into the technology industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, Atmosphere, Hours, Location, Colleagues, Mentors, Benefits, Experience, and Relevance to career path

The amount of time required to pass all necessary security aspects before able to work.

Be consistent, and tell them what you think about they position you are applying for.

I cant learn what I have learned at HP at school
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The teaching and patience for me was spectacular and the flexablilty with school is incredible

Well there is not much I don’t like about the HP internship program, but if there is one it would be the fact that there are monitory meetings with other interns when i would rather spend more time with real employees and get my name out there.

A great opportunity to learn and expand a person’s already existing knowledge is the spark of HP.

Advice to Management

I would tell them to do nothing different because they are the best managers a intern can have because of there great flexibility with school activities.

Excitement in the process of creating a better tomorrow for HP's customers.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There is always something new to learn.

I have to ask for more work because certain aspects become monotonous and unchallenging.

Keep trying your best and smile as you face off another day of fun yet tedious projects that challenge your skills. :)

Advice to Management

I would love to ask for more hours because I work more than how many hours I get paid for due to the need and timeliness of projects.

Paid opportunity for visibility in a Fortune 15 company within the strategy department.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, benefits, flexibility of hours, company culture

Uncertainty of offer at end, company fluctuation and multiple re-organizations

Make sure to network and take advantage of opportunities provided by the manager to join clubs and learn as much as possible

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours are great. Diversity and training opportunities as well. Being upfront with employees is key

LGBT Student finds safe workspace with opportunity for career advancement.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning experience, HP intern inclusiveness, granted many responsibilities

Some tasks proved above my level of experience

Working in engineering is not for the lazy, give it your all and love what you do

Advice to Management

Needs better entry into workspace, getting started was awkward. Needs more defined tasks doled out to interns.

Tough, but rewarding.

Learning Environment, Compensation, Experience, Corporate Culture

Balancing work and school.

HP has been a great experience. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is willing to work hard and learn.

Excellent Work Experience with a large Corporation
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the work/professional experience I have gained from my internship. HP also has a very good, structured internship programs so you get to meet other interns and you have formal mentors.

My job is very cyclical so there are times when I'm really busy and them times when I'm not very busy at all. It would be nice if it was more steady, but that is just the nature of my role.

I think HP is a great place to intern. They have a formal internship program and provide very good career experience.

Advice to Management

It would be good for interns to have a formal review each year like full time employees do. I would also like more training and development opportunities.