Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

An amazing experience where you can get involved, learn, and have room to grow with full-time opportunities.

Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was given was real and useful to the company.

At one point, for a few months, I had to share a cubicle.

Never be afraid to ask questions. It's just another way to learn!

Advice to Management

A set process of going from intern to full-time. Right now, no one really knows if they will get an offer or not, or if it's even being considered. Some interns at our site have left due to there not being any structured plan. Whether it be "you work and when you graduate you are interviewed," or "you work until you graduate and if we haven't fired you yet you get a job," or anything in between, it's important for the interns to know what to expect for the future.

What is polymorphism? In C and C++, what is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc'? Write a section of code that will reverse an array of characters. There is plane ready to be boarded by 100 passengers. The first person in line is an old woman with bad eye sight. Because she can't see her seat number on her boarding pass, she picks a seat at random. What are the odds that you, being the 100th passenger to board the plane, will be able to sit in your assigned seat?

Amazing oportunity to grow, learn and win experience.

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn a lot of things, and most important to win experience in one of the most important companies in the world.

I have no bad things to say about this experience

I think HP is a vey good company that cares about the welfare of its employees.

Advice to Management

I think here at HP are very good policies, I have really like the office environment.

What do you expect if you become an employee?

Do you have any experience?

How do you work in group?

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

Advice to Management

N/A

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Excellent learning and networking opportunity from a pestigious information technology company that is known world wide.

San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was the opportunity to get hands-on experience with some of the most advanced storage technologies available.

One thing I would change would be to incorporate more networking opportunities for remote interns.

When deciding to choose HP as your future employer, keep in mind that the company is leading the information technology field and will provide excellent learning and networking opportunities for anyone interested in working for the company. There are many career fields you can choose from based on your education and interests.

Experience for professional successful

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, knowledge, opportunity, development and application.

The waiting time of processes to start

Is important evaluate the commitment of the organization with your study discipline and the opportunities that provide.

Advice to Management

Improve the diversity and employee retention

What motivate you to work on this company?

Realize a specific questions of the discipline or study area that provide evidence of preparation.

The Best Place To Work As An Intern

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The complete department is really cool, and makes you feel from day 1 like one of the company, my duties where really nice and I learn a lot in this 6 months.

Just that the interns don't get the same benefits as a full time employee

You need to move fast, it's and intern job so you need to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to the work to shine

Advice to Management

I Think in that way this organization it's ok and works with all of the information

Background, work experience, and knowledge

Made great friends with fellow interns

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

coworkers, realistic job experience

needed more work

Make sure you enjoy the business unit you are going into

Advice to Management

Come up with more things for your interns to do, especially in the first half of the internship

Simple interview process- asked to expand on particular experiences and schoolwork

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

Excelente

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?