4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.

Help Technicians Service Printers in Development and Help Engineers Test Their Designs
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

In my opinion, the best part of my internship was the variety and broadness of the experiences I had and the people I met. I got to work with Mechanical Engineers (my major), Electrical Engineers, the Firmware team, as well as the technicians. Based on the nature of the tasks that I completed I was able to grow a large network and know a lot of people outside of the team that I work on. I also really enjoyed the company culture of flexibility in when you show up to work, leave work, doctor's appointments, etc. I also really liked all of the hands-on stuff that I got to do.

The most frustrating thing for me was that I knew that there was a number of things I needed to do in my first few weeks, but I didn't know what I needed to do. There was no easy-access compiled list of all the HR/new hire tasks I needed to complete. The other not as desirable aspect was sometimes there simply wasn't any work for me to do, which I know was a part of the nature of the position and work, but I really liked when there was stuff for me to do.

HP culture is very unique. They are pretty flexible and understanding. HP is very focused on quality. They also believe that diversity within the company is a great strength.

I was asked to explain the law of conservation of energy and apply it to a waterfall evaluating the energy situation before the water fell, as it was falling, and at the bottom.

Freedom to take ownership of diffrent issues, Flexible hours, Real hands on experience.
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*I was able to learn about different subjects I was not aware of

*I was able to virtually interact with managers, and people around the world

*I was trusted in my work and had many responsibilities

*I was able to take decisions on my own

*Flexible working hours

*Excellent compensation package

*Not many activities to interact with other interns at my site

*I learnt as I go, not really a training program before getting to work

This is great experience to learn and grow in your field of study, and is a very good company for a long term career. The company offer excellent benefits and work flexibility.

Advice to Management

The organization is great, the only thing that I would perhaps advise is to encourage interaction with other interns so we can gain more confidence and meet more people.

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.

An amazing experience that has not only utilized my skills and knowledge, but has contributed to it as well.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people to work with

Great work environment

Flexibility of hours

Ability to work from home/remotely

Nothing. This is a great place to work.

Take in all the information you can. The learning experience is invaluable.

Advice to Management

None

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

Learn to work in a global multicultural company
Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new skills, willingness from my manager to let me take the lead in several projects, flexibility of schedule (due to the diverse meeting with different time zones), development of business skills and corporative communication strategies.

That I wasn't able to meet face to face with several of my coworkers even when we work closely together in a variety of projects.

Make sure to network and ask questions, don't be afraid of making suggestions, always have a strategy sustained with data for what you are proposing.

What defines quality in an organization.

Explain how can HP turnaround into a stronger business unit.

Advice to Management

Increase diversity and schedule training hours for interns to rotate and help in a variety of projects depending on the time they will be with the company.

Success and growing up
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The knowledge obtained

We have less time to work

Enjoy and learn as much as you can

Do you like team work?

Stimulating and Rewarding Intership Experience
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a project that added business value to the company and will be actually used daily by my team

The only thing that I did not like is that HP no longer offers extensions on internships so that I could remain working during the semester

Nerds and geeks are welcome here.

Advice to Management

Year round internship programs

gain knowledge
Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gain knowledge

short time

new experience

how you see yourself in five years?

what you expect from HP

Advice to Management

get opportunities