Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

An amazing experience where you can get involved, learn, and have room to grow with full-time opportunities.

Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was given was real and useful to the company.

At one point, for a few months, I had to share a cubicle.

Never be afraid to ask questions. It's just another way to learn!

What is polymorphism? In C and C++, what is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc'? Write a section of code that will reverse an array of characters. There is plane ready to be boarded by 100 passengers. The first person in line is an old woman with bad eye sight. Because she can't see her seat number on her boarding pass, she picks a seat at random. What are the odds that you, being the 100th passenger to board the plane, will be able to sit in your assigned seat?

Advice to Management

A set process of going from intern to full-time. Right now, no one really knows if they will get an offer or not, or if it's even being considered. Some interns at our site have left due to there not being any structured plan. Whether it be "you work and when you graduate you are interviewed," or "you work until you graduate and if we haven't fired you yet you get a job," or anything in between, it's important for the interns to know what to expect for the future.

awesome

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learn and improve experience

experience

experience

what are you studying ?

Advice to Management

clima laboral

Paid Internship with excellent job environment.

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*paid

*flexible hours

*great facilities

*perks

month end close stress

For me it was a decent pay, the schedule is flexible and they respect your class schedule.

Many off job activities and good relationships with people.

How many feathers does a chicken have.

Advice to Management

Better compensation

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.

Freedom to take ownership of diffrent issues, Flexible hours, Real hands on experience.

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*I was able to learn about different subjects I was not aware of

*I was able to virtually interact with managers, and people around the world

*I was trusted in my work and had many responsibilities

*I was able to take decisions on my own

*Flexible working hours

*Excellent compensation package

*Not many activities to interact with other interns at my site

*I learnt as I go, not really a training program before getting to work

This is great experience to learn and grow in your field of study, and is a very good company for a long term career. The company offer excellent benefits and work flexibility.

Advice to Management

The organization is great, the only thing that I would perhaps advise is to encourage interaction with other interns so we can gain more confidence and meet more people.

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

Real full-time job experience in industry. Flexibility of projects and learning opportunities.

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager treated me like a normal, full-time employee. I received real work and was given creative license on my project. The group of interns on site were also very social and offered many out-of-work opportunities.

Once my project was done, I didn't have enough time to do another complete project. I ended up spending the last 3 weeks doing many small bug fixes.

Expect to do real work! It's easy, as an intern, to expect grunt work and to be able to slack off. That is NOT the case here. You will do work that matters to the company, and get well-compensated for it!

As a firmware engineer, I was asked many questions about linux, C programming, and to develop a short program to solve a problem. Knowledge of data structures is key.

Amazing experience, directly related with my study field

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Apply knowledge from school

Supervisors

Work closely with interns

Broaden your horizons in an inclusive and well-planned HP summer internship.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting the chance to meet with influential figures within HP, being challenged in friendly competitions, and learning beyond what school can teach you.

There is absolutely nothing I disliked about my internship.

HP Thin Clients GBU is the most welcoming and open minded team I have ever met. Even with little technical knowledge, the team is able to educate you and encourage you to reach your maximum potential.

How does your major apply to the role you are applying for?

What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Why this role?

Advice to Management

It would be nice to be able to interact with different groups within HP.

this is what i expected

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

every day i learn somenthing new

it could be streesfull

this real job , you had to do win to win stuff

how you expect your life in the next 5 years

Advice to Management

clear the path to the next promotions