Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

An amazing experience where you can get involved, learn, and have room to grow with full-time opportunities.

Lexington, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work I was given was real and useful to the company.

At one point, for a few months, I had to share a cubicle.

Never be afraid to ask questions. It's just another way to learn!

What is polymorphism? In C and C++, what is the difference between 'new' and 'malloc'? Write a section of code that will reverse an array of characters. There is plane ready to be boarded by 100 passengers. The first person in line is an old woman with bad eye sight. Because she can't see her seat number on her boarding pass, she picks a seat at random. What are the odds that you, being the 100th passenger to board the plane, will be able to sit in your assigned seat?

Advice to Management

A set process of going from intern to full-time. Right now, no one really knows if they will get an offer or not, or if it's even being considered. Some interns at our site have left due to there not being any structured plan. Whether it be "you work and when you graduate you are interviewed," or "you work until you graduate and if we haven't fired you yet you get a job," or anything in between, it's important for the interns to know what to expect for the future.

The Best Place To Work As An Intern

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The complete department is really cool, and makes you feel from day 1 like one of the company, my duties where really nice and I learn a lot in this 6 months.

Just that the interns don't get the same benefits as a full time employee

You need to move fast, it's and intern job so you need to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to the work to shine

Background, work experience, and knowledge

Advice to Management

I Think in that way this organization it's ok and works with all of the information

Freedom to take ownership of diffrent issues, Flexible hours, Real hands on experience.

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*I was able to learn about different subjects I was not aware of

*I was able to virtually interact with managers, and people around the world

*I was trusted in my work and had many responsibilities

*I was able to take decisions on my own

*Flexible working hours

*Excellent compensation package

*Not many activities to interact with other interns at my site

*I learnt as I go, not really a training program before getting to work

This is great experience to learn and grow in your field of study, and is a very good company for a long term career. The company offer excellent benefits and work flexibility.

Advice to Management

The organization is great, the only thing that I would perhaps advise is to encourage interaction with other interns so we can gain more confidence and meet more people.

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing experience, directly related with my study field

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Apply knowledge from school

Supervisors

Work closely with interns

HP helping develop future IT professionals

Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Amazing oportunity to grow, learn and win experience.

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn a lot of things, and most important to win experience in one of the most important companies in the world.

I have no bad things to say about this experience

I think HP is a vey good company that cares about the welfare of its employees.

What do you expect if you become an employee?

Do you have any experience?

How do you work in group?

Advice to Management

I think here at HP are very good policies, I have really like the office environment.

Professional growth

Learning and Professional experience

nothing, is perfect.

Friendly company employee

A great experience with strong takeaways

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with HP employees about different roles within the company

The internship was mainly tailored for engineers, and that was not the position of my internship

You get out of this internship as much as you put in. You can take in as much knowledge as you seek, but you have to be proactive.

N/A

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.