HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

Great Experience at HP
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I worked with. Job was very Interesting. Had organization wide impact.

The commute, it was 30 mins away, so had to work around traffic.

Corporations sometimes have a stigma, especially against startups. Give the corporation a chance, they provide more opportunities to do cool stuff and have the infrastructure to give you benefits/etc. Excellent company to work for.

State Machine questions, Programming Practice Questions. Code review.

Great opportunity for gaining experience with a leading information technology company.
San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with knowledgeable co-workers and an opportunity for hands-on experience with technology.

Our immediate team only consisted of a few people.

I would advise them not to miss out on a great opportunity to advance their skill base. Working with this company will open up doors for them in many areas to choose a career from.

What are you experiences so far with hardware support?

Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I enjoy all the opportunities that this company provides as far as training in concerned. I would recommend encouraging employees to give more feedback on compensation.

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.
Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

Amazing experience, directly related with my study field
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Apply knowledge from school

Supervisors

Work closely with interns

Learning in a great enviroment with smart and helpfull co-workers
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay

Office Culture

Opportunities

There is nothing I dislike about working in HP.

Pay attention to every email, speech, presentation and/or training session.

Work Experience

Achievements

Hobbies

Advice to Management

I really believe everything is OK... Nothing to complain about.

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

My work here matters.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

Endless Career Opportunities with Leader in the Technology Industry
Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

inclusive culture, the people/employees, work-life balance, competitive pay, room for growth and development, superior training and mentoring, valuable work experience

being one of the youngest interns and having less work experience going into the job

HP is a leader in the tech industry with 300,000 employees across the globe. They genuinely care about their employees, offer great benefits, and room to grow and develop your career in any direction you choose. There are many dedicated mentors here to help and support you.

how do you resolve conflict?

what do you not like to do at a job?

Advice to Management

help employees by paying for part of their education as they pursue their MBA

The Best Internship Ever
Boulder, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience, flexibility, and networking opportunities were the best aspects of this internship.

The parking lot could be improved.

Though this internship is flexible, it has to be a high priority for employees.