Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Excelente

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

A worthwhile project that has a good impact/

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A Project that matters.

The commute.

Sign up! It's a great internship and you will learn a lot.

Excellent learning and networking opportunity from a pestigious information technology company that is known world wide.

San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was the opportunity to get hands-on experience with some of the most advanced storage technologies available.

One thing I would change would be to incorporate more networking opportunities for remote interns.

When deciding to choose HP as your future employer, keep in mind that the company is leading the information technology field and will provide excellent learning and networking opportunities for anyone interested in working for the company. There are many career fields you can choose from based on your education and interests.

Experience for professional successful

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, knowledge, opportunity, development and application.

The waiting time of processes to start

Is important evaluate the commitment of the organization with your study discipline and the opportunities that provide.

What motivate you to work on this company?

Realize a specific questions of the discipline or study area that provide evidence of preparation.

Advice to Management

Improve the diversity and employee retention

work and job, for will be the best

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here

Endless Career Opportunities with Leader in the Technology Industry

Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

inclusive culture, the people/employees, work-life balance, competitive pay, room for growth and development, superior training and mentoring, valuable work experience

being one of the youngest interns and having less work experience going into the job

HP is a leader in the tech industry with 300,000 employees across the globe. They genuinely care about their employees, offer great benefits, and room to grow and develop your career in any direction you choose. There are many dedicated mentors here to help and support you.

how do you resolve conflict?

what do you not like to do at a job?

Advice to Management

help employees by paying for part of their education as they pursue their MBA

An amazing experience that has not only utilized my skills and knowledge, but has contributed to it as well.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people to work with

Great work environment

Flexibility of hours

Ability to work from home/remotely

Nothing. This is a great place to work.

Take in all the information you can. The learning experience is invaluable.

Advice to Management

None

The Best Internship Ever

Boulder, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience, flexibility, and networking opportunities were the best aspects of this internship.

The parking lot could be improved.

Though this internship is flexible, it has to be a high priority for employees.