4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

Awesome Hardware Research and Development Internship at HP
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was never a dull moment, tons of interdisciplinary projects, very diverse skillsets working together

There was not a single bad aspect of the internship.

You need to have a firm grasp of your technical skills, but your interpersonal skills are just as important. Communication is key when working with teams on critical projects.

Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position and give me an example of a specific problem you encountered.

How do you deal with conflict?

Advice to Management

My management experiences thus far have been ideal.

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

The Best Place To Work As An Intern
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The complete department is really cool, and makes you feel from day 1 like one of the company, my duties where really nice and I learn a lot in this 6 months.

Just that the interns don't get the same benefits as a full time employee

You need to move fast, it's and intern job so you need to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to the work to shine

Background, work experience, and knowledge

Advice to Management

I Think in that way this organization it's ok and works with all of the information

What makes internship in HP so appealing?
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

Amazing Experience w/ Amazing People!
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say the chance to work with passionate people who want to do their best and who inspire you,

I moved to Houston for the summer, which took a significant bite out of my paycheck.

Do it! HP is an amazing place to grow your abilities and network!

Advice to Management

I honestly can't think of any.

Made great friends with fellow interns
Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

coworkers, realistic job experience

needed more work

Make sure you enjoy the business unit you are going into

Simple interview process- asked to expand on particular experiences and schoolwork

Advice to Management

Come up with more things for your interns to do, especially in the first half of the internship

The best work experience ever
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly coworkers, nice working environment and lot of things to learn and enjoy about work in here.

Nothing, I really like working in here as the way it is.

Don't be nervous at the moment of the interview, the interviewers are very nice and friendly and is better to concentrate yourself in show that your the best candidate.

- Some friendly questions about your hobbies or your interests in English to hear your fluency to speak English.

- In my case questions about consultations and syntax in mySql

Advice to Management

A little bit more of training new employees before to start working.

Outstanding
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

fun, rewarding, meaningful, learning experience

to be honest, nothing

make the most out of your internship and take opportunities that are given to you

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Excelente
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario