Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

work and job, for will be the best

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here

What makes internship in HP so appealing?

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

Advice to Management

nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

An excellent opportunity to learn many things.

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn in practice what you are studying at the university, and meet a lot of people.

I think the internship in HP, is being very important to me, and I can not complain about nothing, since the beginning I was very well received by my workmates, mainly by my manager, that helped me a lot, in all activities. The only thing that I can highlight in this question is: The HP it's a big company, there is a lot of areas, when I started work here, I felt a little bit lost, because HP have a lot of information. So I think that HP can improve this situation, but the rest are perfect.

The candidate can be sure, that HP is a great company to do your internship, here you can learn too much, and the HP is open to invest in your potential, the company trust in your potential. Here you have a good relation with your manager, or who you are report for. You will have here, a good plan to your career , and to your future.

Advice to Management

HP is very flexible, I can not complain about nothing, the work place is very nice. There is a lot of program to all employees, we feel that HP want to maintain your employee here, want that your employee be happy not just inside of the company, but in you whole life.

What do you like to do in your free time?

Why you want work to HP?

What is your former experience?

HP helping develop future IT professionals

Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

My work here matters.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great environment, fun and not boring work, great pay, sharp people to work around, endless resources for continued development

lack of more structured training

To be professional in all that you do at work. I think some interns feel that only some work needs to be done as professional as possible when it all should be done this way.

Advice to Management

The only thing I think could be improved would be a more structured form of training.

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

A great experience with strong takeaways

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with HP employees about different roles within the company

The internship was mainly tailored for engineers, and that was not the position of my internship

You get out of this internship as much as you put in. You can take in as much knowledge as you seek, but you have to be proactive.

Real full-time job experience in industry. Flexibility of projects and learning opportunities.

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager treated me like a normal, full-time employee. I received real work and was given creative license on my project. The group of interns on site were also very social and offered many out-of-work opportunities.

Once my project was done, I didn't have enough time to do another complete project. I ended up spending the last 3 weeks doing many small bug fixes.

Expect to do real work! It's easy, as an intern, to expect grunt work and to be able to slack off. That is NOT the case here. You will do work that matters to the company, and get well-compensated for it!

As a firmware engineer, I was asked many questions about linux, C programming, and to develop a short program to solve a problem. Knowledge of data structures is key.

This internship has allowed me to acheive my goals through empowerment and a great work/life balance.

Albuquerque, NM | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to control your path, full empowerment and responsibility for employees, a way to create my own schedule to keep a good life balance, and great pay with benefits.

nothing... it is everything I was hoping for

It isn't all about sales, it is about learning to find solutions. This company is very ethical and provides a opportunities that no other tech company can.

Advice to Management

Training can be a little longer instead of the learn as you go approach, but that is minor.

How good are you at managing your own time and business? // Are you self driven? // Are you compatible with an environment that is constantly changing?