Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Exciting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning something new and exciting

Less down time

Be open minded and do your best

Great Experience Teaching Me About Differences in Work and School

- Flexibility
- Great Staff
- Motivated towards a goal

- Time Management
-Deadlines

There exists a lot of opportunities and a lot of progress to me made making the work interesting

Developing Yourself as an Engineer
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was being surrounded my high caliber engineers. This enables you to develop into a better engineer.

At the beginning of the internship, I disliked not knowing the process to achieve success in my project. Engineers on other projects seemed to understand the full process, but as an intern, I felt like my performance could have been improved if I understood the whole process.

The culture surrounding Hewlett-Packard is phenomenal when trying to make improvements to the current systems. The culture allows for plenty of room for development.

One of the most fun and rewarding things I have done in my life
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That every day is different, the people I have worked with, most of the tasks or projects I have done, the flexibility and that when I’m not in school I can work full time, the intership program that HP has is great in the summer there are fun events .

Sometimes there isn’t much to do, there was one project that went on for a while that I didn’t like that was inventorying around 1000 different sticks of memory.

It’s a fun place to work at and you are challenged every day, you should be a hard worker.

Amazing once in a lifetime intern opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with project managersto see how they do their jobs

Did not receive the type of work that relates to my college major

The organization gives you many projects as a full time employee so you don't have to worry about not having enough work.

Great project, people, & prospects.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People at all levels willing to help out with my project and to talk about finance careers at HP.

Company as a whole isn't performing great.

Take the time to talk to as many people within the finance organization while you're there.

Advice to Management

Improve the onboarding process.

I cant learn what I have learned at HP at school
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The teaching and patience for me was spectacular and the flexablilty with school is incredible

Well there is not much I don’t like about the HP internship program, but if there is one it would be the fact that there are monitory meetings with other interns when i would rather spend more time with real employees and get my name out there.

A great opportunity to learn and expand a person’s already existing knowledge is the spark of HP.

Advice to Management

I would tell them to do nothing different because they are the best managers a intern can have because of there great flexibility with school activities.

Paid opportunity for visibility in a Fortune 15 company within the strategy department.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, benefits, flexibility of hours, company culture

Uncertainty of offer at end, company fluctuation and multiple re-organizations

Make sure to network and take advantage of opportunities provided by the manager to join clubs and learn as much as possible

Advice to Management

Compensation and hours are great. Diversity and training opportunities as well. Being upfront with employees is key

A great start heading into the technology industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, Atmosphere, Hours, Location, Colleagues, Mentors, Benefits, Experience, and Relevance to career path

The amount of time required to pass all necessary security aspects before able to work.

Be consistent, and tell them what you think about they position you are applying for.

Excitement in the process of creating a better tomorrow for HP's customers.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There is always something new to learn.

I have to ask for more work because certain aspects become monotonous and unchallenging.

Keep trying your best and smile as you face off another day of fun yet tedious projects that challenge your skills. :)

Advice to Management

I would love to ask for more hours because I work more than how many hours I get paid for due to the need and timeliness of projects.