HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

Excelente
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Awesome Hardware Research and Development Internship at HP
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was never a dull moment, tons of interdisciplinary projects, very diverse skillsets working together

There was not a single bad aspect of the internship.

You need to have a firm grasp of your technical skills, but your interpersonal skills are just as important. Communication is key when working with teams on critical projects.

Tell me about a time you were in a leadership position and give me an example of a specific problem you encountered.

How do you deal with conflict?

Advice to Management

My management experiences thus far have been ideal.

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

Freedom to take ownership of diffrent issues, Flexible hours, Real hands on experience.
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

*I was able to learn about different subjects I was not aware of

*I was able to virtually interact with managers, and people around the world

*I was trusted in my work and had many responsibilities

*I was able to take decisions on my own

*Flexible working hours

*Excellent compensation package

*Not many activities to interact with other interns at my site

*I learnt as I go, not really a training program before getting to work

This is great experience to learn and grow in your field of study, and is a very good company for a long term career. The company offer excellent benefits and work flexibility.

Advice to Management

The organization is great, the only thing that I would perhaps advise is to encourage interaction with other interns so we can gain more confidence and meet more people.

Excellent learning and networking opportunity from a pestigious information technology company that is known world wide.
San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was the opportunity to get hands-on experience with some of the most advanced storage technologies available.

One thing I would change would be to incorporate more networking opportunities for remote interns.

When deciding to choose HP as your future employer, keep in mind that the company is leading the information technology field and will provide excellent learning and networking opportunities for anyone interested in working for the company. There are many career fields you can choose from based on your education and interests.

Experience for professional successful
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, knowledge, opportunity, development and application.

The waiting time of processes to start

Is important evaluate the commitment of the organization with your study discipline and the opportunities that provide.

What motivate you to work on this company?

Realize a specific questions of the discipline or study area that provide evidence of preparation.

Advice to Management

Improve the diversity and employee retention

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.