HP interns are offered a lot of resources and opportunities, but you control your own experience by utilizing those or not.
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were a variety of both fun, career developing, networking, and other resourceful events; taking advantage these, I maximized the internship experience that I was getting.

I was in control of my own experience; if I take advantage of every opportunity and resource that HP has offered, I would be maximizing my experience - if I don't, then I caused myself to lack experience.

Employers like to see that you are passionate, hardworking, and willing to learn.

Nice Experience and Fun.
Sacramento, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendliness of coworkers and intern fun programs.

It is far from sac state where i go to school.

HP is a employee friendly organization and its great to work here.

Advice to Management

Some one to help with w4 form should be in organization,

Welcome to the Professional Business World
Boise, ID | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of HP is amazing. They strive to keep each employee motivated which results in a better work environment.

I do not like having to ask for things to help with.

Hewlett-Packard is a company that values its employees. It is a great place to work.

Best learning experience I could ask for in college - and it's paid!
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Paying for college on my own, the pay was a big deal for me. Additionally, being in a technical major, the opportunity to work for a leading company is great. I learn more on the job than I do in my classes. Technology changes so much that education has a hard time teaching to what's out there, especially since "the basics" keep growing. Having an internship allows you to extend and apply that knowledge to real evolving technology. Lastly, I love how flexible the hours are. I'm here mostly during business hours, but it's nice to come in whenever I have something I want to try (especially with programming). It also lets me rearrange my work hours so I can still enjoy my summer and/or take classes.

As a student in ROTC I have a lot of things going on in a day so sometimes the commute can get rough. Even that's not bad though and over the summer when I have less responsibilities elsewhere it's just fine.

Learn as much as you can from your internship. If you don't like what you do that's fine. Still build your network and ask questions so you can try something else you might like better. Never burn bridges and always show them you're willing to work and learn.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints. One thing I did like is that my first internship, the other intern and I were invited to team meetings. I would encourage other managers to do the same. It really lets you see how the teams interact and work with other departments to accomplish goals. It also gives you something to talk about to the senior engineers or business people.

As great as possible.
Other (International) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and development

Nothing at all

Be proactive and always want to learn. Dont be Lazy

HP Intern Program, you can relax and be challenged
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My co-workers, the casual / open environment, the innovation, the resources HP has

Some of the intern coordinators could have been more cooperative

HP has many great opportunities to network with other employees and has many options for potential career paths.

Fun & Educational. I learned a lot!
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having managers, who have been in this field for years, teaching you. Having an "on boarding" buddy assist you with your tranistion and your go to person if you have any questions about the company.

Have to remind some individuals that you are an intern and you're still learning.

Be prepared to take notes and listed. Very knowledgable people. A lot to learn.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the amount of time interns spend working on different projects. Some have very little and others have a lot where they are unable to participate in the intern activities.

Excellent, caring, and willing to make your project happen.
Vancouver | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work community. Everyone I met and talked to was willing to help out in someway if they could and give critical feedback about ways I could improve.

My mentor commuted in once a week; I would have liked to talk to him face to face more, but email and instant messaging worked fine.

An internship here is a dream, flexible hours, a meaningful project, a dedicated work team willing to help, you name it. Working here should be at the top of your intern wish list.

Most flexible internship
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Overall flexibility. My manager encouraged us to attend all of the networking events, feedback from my manager throughout the summer on my projects. The ability to meet different technical managers who have different sorts of projects, there was always a baby project I could take on.

I was in a lab setting (which needed special access to get into). It was okay, but hard to talk to any of the other interns. I felt as though I were in a bubble.

Hp offers flexibility and cares about you growing as both professionally and individually. There are different types of programs within Hp that offer growth and potential.

Excellent
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got really nice equipments to work on

The work was nice and important, although it was monotonous at times.

HP is a good company to work at, if you get to work in area of your interest.