Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

Great Experience at HP

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I worked with. Job was very Interesting. Had organization wide impact.

The commute, it was 30 mins away, so had to work around traffic.

Corporations sometimes have a stigma, especially against startups. Give the corporation a chance, they provide more opportunities to do cool stuff and have the infrastructure to give you benefits/etc. Excellent company to work for.

State Machine questions, Programming Practice Questions. Code review.

Great opportunity for gaining experience with a leading information technology company.

San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with knowledgeable co-workers and an opportunity for hands-on experience with technology.

Our immediate team only consisted of a few people.

I would advise them not to miss out on a great opportunity to advance their skill base. Working with this company will open up doors for them in many areas to choose a career from.

What are you experiences so far with hardware support?

Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I enjoy all the opportunities that this company provides as far as training in concerned. I would recommend encouraging employees to give more feedback on compensation.

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

awesome

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learn and improve experience

experience

experience

what are you studying ?

Advice to Management

clima laboral

Amazing Experience w/ Amazing People!

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I would say the chance to work with passionate people who want to do their best and who inspire you,

I moved to Houston for the summer, which took a significant bite out of my paycheck.

Do it! HP is an amazing place to grow your abilities and network!

Advice to Management

I honestly can't think of any.

The Best Place To Work As An Intern

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The complete department is really cool, and makes you feel from day 1 like one of the company, my duties where really nice and I learn a lot in this 6 months.

Just that the interns don't get the same benefits as a full time employee

You need to move fast, it's and intern job so you need to learn as much as you can and apply that knowledge to the work to shine

Background, work experience, and knowledge

Advice to Management

I Think in that way this organization it's ok and works with all of the information

great

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning is the best experience you can have as intern since here I will grow as a professional.

none, all aspects of being an intern at HP, has been good for me.

I think my responsibility is my best attribute.

My internship experience was very useful and I learned a lot along the way that will help me moving forward.

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the intership is the amount of technical learning that takes place. Along with this, the employees are very kind and knowledgable, leading to an informative and work-friendly atmosphere.

What I like least about the internship is that the products that my team works on are not very exciting to me. This is completely subjective, however.

Interns at this organization are expected to be savvy and confident. Interns may be asked to use software and programming languages that they are not too familiar with. Thus, it is important for interns to be ready to work hard and to have the experience and confidence necessary to investigate and problem-solve independently. In the end, an internship here is informative and helpful on both technical and career-development levels.

There were many questions about general computer science concepts:

Example: "How is dynamic memory allocated in memory? How is static memory allocated?"

There were many technical questions about data structures:

Example: "Which is more efficient for insertion: a singly linked list or a doubly linked list? Which is more efficient for deletion and which is more efficient for searching? Explain."

There were many technical questions about networking:

Example: "What are the differences between a router, a switch, and a hub?"

There were many behavioral questions:

Example: "What are your 3 biggest strengths? What are your 3 biggest weaknesses?"

Advice to Management

This is a great place to work and I cannot think of anything specifically for the organization to become better in this regard.

work and job, for will be the best

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here