Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

My internship experience taught me about technology and the storage of data.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and gaining experience from colleagues who have years of experience.

Sitting at a desk and rarely having interaction with others was a hard part of the day.

My team was very on top of their tasks and very good at communicating.

gain knowledge

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gain knowledge

short time

new experience

how you see yourself in five years?

what you expect from HP

Advice to Management

get opportunities

Spectacular Experience at HP

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, My managers, and the work environment.

The process of setting up my access to everything took way to long.

It is a great place to work.

What experience with programing languages.

Advice to Management

N/A

Professional growth

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and Professional experience

nothing, is perfect.

Friendly company employee

Learn to work in a global multicultural company

Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new skills, willingness from my manager to let me take the lead in several projects, flexibility of schedule (due to the diverse meeting with different time zones), development of business skills and corporative communication strategies.

That I wasn't able to meet face to face with several of my coworkers even when we work closely together in a variety of projects.

Make sure to network and ask questions, don't be afraid of making suggestions, always have a strategy sustained with data for what you are proposing.

What defines quality in an organization.

Explain how can HP turnaround into a stronger business unit.

Advice to Management

Increase diversity and schedule training hours for interns to rotate and help in a variety of projects depending on the time they will be with the company.

Get an opportunity to work on miltimillion dollar accounts.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to really have my voice heard and mentored. I was given the opportunity to mold my project to be exact what I'd like it to be. Throughout the internship there are resume building workshops and mock interviews which are invaluable since they are coming directly from hiring managers.

Depending on the team you may have more down time than you'd like.

I think Hp is a terrific place to work. The amount of work will depend on the team you are placed with though.

I was asked to build a clock but was only able to ask 6 questions about the clock I was building. I was also asked sorting questions and questions about when/why I'd use a linked list.

Advice to Management

Voice of the Workforce is cool but I'd like more things come out of it, not just a couple of things.

Greatest and most enriching experience if you are a hardworker

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I believe that besides of learning something new every single day, I love that I am treated as if I was already a full-time worker. I have a great team, they support not only the fact that I have classes at the same time as my internship but also that I need to have personal time.

If I am honest, I love the internship. If I had to say one thing I like the least is that I do not see all of my bosses face to face, so sometimes it could be difficult to reach them... but this happens in very few, almost inexistent, times.

Do not be afraid only because the organization is international and very big; the environment is great and you get support from colleagues that are even not in your same area.

Questions, in my case, were based on my CV and life.

Get paid to learn in one of the best companies - Not a dream, it's reality

Sao Paulo | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning a lot of things that will be useful in my professional carreer

------------------

Effort, dedication and focus

Exciting, Rewarding and A Great learning experience

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to choose my own project that will be used by and help many people in the department. Got an awesome laptop to work on. Can work from home if needed. Duel monitors! My own cubical. Great Pay. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

We had to make up and sing a song at an intern bbq did not enjoy this at all.

I got in through a career fair at my college. I interviewed with them 2 times once in the fall and once in the spring. They hire mostly off of your personality than computing skill even though you'll need have skill in both. I found that your personality is the most important to them. Just be yourself and be confident in your abilities to do good work and you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

I haven't found anything that I would change yet. It really is a great place to work. Maybe less singing at the damn intern bbq and more fun?

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.