Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

Excelente

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Aprendi cosas que nunca habia manejado

El trabajo a distancia

Marcos Lopez y Ada Delia son una excelentes personas a nivel laboral y te brindan el apoyo necesario

A worthwhile project that has a good impact/

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A Project that matters.

The commute.

Sign up! It's a great internship and you will learn a lot.

The Best Internship Ever

Boulder, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience, flexibility, and networking opportunities were the best aspects of this internship.

The parking lot could be improved.

Though this internship is flexible, it has to be a high priority for employees.

work and job, for will be the best

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

benefice of the organization

is paid

I learn so much

i have a possibility to grow up

nothing, i like everything

this organization is de best and i will continue work here

Fun, Challenging, Flexible, and Well Compensated Internship Provides Experience in High Tech Engineering R&D

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule was very flexible, was free to do real creative engineering work, help was available whenever needed, very accommodating for ergonomics (3D mouse, monitor riser, etc.), received all new equipment (laptop, 3D mouse, etc.), management is very down to earth and interested in talking to me (unlike other internships I have had in the past), very casual environment, lots of free lunch and other treats, weekly networking hour with free snacks, free coffee, very friendly coworkers, supportive of volunteering on company time (HP pays you up to 4 hours a month of volunteering time), receive employee discounts like full time employees, Overall very good experience! Best internship experience I have had yet (I have interned at Boeing, Daimler Trucks North America, and Bureau of Land Management).

Paper cups were removed for cost cutting purposes so had to bring my own cup. Other than that, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was a great experience.

This is by far the most employee oriented company I have worked for. The site here in Corvallis has a great relaxed and casual environment. I would not hesitate to come back for another internship and would work here if my significant other came along as well.

Rank these 3 cross sections in order from stiffest to least stiff?

What properties would you look into when heat staking plastic?

How would you test the heat stake?

How do you dimension a hole and pin so that they always fit together?

Why does a floating open ended tube sink when the pressure is increased?

What are you career goal?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to linear motion perpendicular to the input?

In what ways can you transfer linear motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input?

In what way can you transfer rotation motion to rotational motion perpendicular to the input/

What force is required to push a block with mass m up an incline with angle alpha?

What if there was friction involved in the moving of the block?

Approximately G's does an object experience if it is dropped onto a hard surface? How did you come to that conclusion?

How can you test the life of a component that is supposed to last 7 years without having to wait 7 years?

Advice to Management

Great job! I have truly really enjoyed my time here and feel more connected to management than any of the other places I have interned (Daimler Trucks, Boeing). I was really surprised about how supportive of volunteering HP is as an organization and how supportive my manager was of me volunteering at a middle school camp on behalf of HP. This is a great company to work for!!

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

HP was an incredible experience!

Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.