HP Intern Program - Americas

VAULT RANKINGS >> #35 Best Overall Internships

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

Great internship at HP with nice co-workers, cozy working environment, and enomous employee benefits.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect of my internship is I can work flexibly.

The least I like about this internship is that there is not a good cafeteria onsite.

I think that the candidate should have some mathematical skills in order to obtain this internship.

Awesome!
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

Made great friends with fellow interns
Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

coworkers, realistic job experience

needed more work

Make sure you enjoy the business unit you are going into

Simple interview process- asked to expand on particular experiences and schoolwork

Advice to Management

Come up with more things for your interns to do, especially in the first half of the internship

Endless Career Opportunities with Leader in the Technology Industry
Palo Alto, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

inclusive culture, the people/employees, work-life balance, competitive pay, room for growth and development, superior training and mentoring, valuable work experience

being one of the youngest interns and having less work experience going into the job

HP is a leader in the tech industry with 300,000 employees across the globe. They genuinely care about their employees, offer great benefits, and room to grow and develop your career in any direction you choose. There are many dedicated mentors here to help and support you.

how do you resolve conflict?

what do you not like to do at a job?

Advice to Management

help employees by paying for part of their education as they pursue their MBA

A worthwhile project that has a good impact/
Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A Project that matters.

The commute.

Sign up! It's a great internship and you will learn a lot.