Freedom to Grow

I feel like I was given a lot of freedom. The project I was given was my own. My internship had me developing software the first week. I have full coverage health insurance as an intern!

I have no complaints.

If you are a self-starter and can work well on your own, HP would be a good fit for you. They treat interns as full time employees. We have the same resources and opportunities a full time employee would have. As an intern you are given a mentor to lean on, but you should be able to work well alone and be able to meet dates for deliverables.

Date: 2013

made the cover of Nature paper!

friendly people

not enough social events

hp labs will illuminate your CV whereever you end up

How to Learn and Produce at the Same Time

I got to learn how to create an Android application and I got great support from my team.

At some times I didn't have a ton to do.

Be prepared to learn a lot and do your best to enjoy it.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular

Date: 2013

HP interns are offered a lot of resources and opportunities, but you control your own experience by utilizing those or not.

There were a variety of both fun, career developing, networking, and other resourceful events; taking advantage these, I maximized the internship experience that I was getting.

I was in control of my own experience; if I take advantage of every opportunity and resource that HP has offered, I would be maximizing my experience - if I don't, then I caused myself to lack experience.

Employers like to see that you are passionate, hardworking, and willing to learn.

Amazing Opprotunity!

The ability to learn any thing I expressed interest in.

Cannot think of anything I would change.

HP is vast. You will never be locked into any position you do not want to be locked in. HP has an inner educational system that will alow you to expand beyond your current level, regardless of your current education.

Advice to Management

Hours are Flex, managers never discount an opprotunity for an intern to learn, compensation is comparible, advice to management... Kepp up the good work!

Date: 2013

Great experience! Best work environment I could ask for.

Manager and mentor were always there for help. Great internship program with a lot of fun and interesting events. The opportunity to grow and learn new things.

I didn't care that much for the Houston area.

Make the most of this internship. Go to all of the intern events. They offer mock interviews with hiring managers, panels with executives, and fun social events.

Date: 2013

The time of my life in one and half year.

Learning process, meeting new people, exercising my knowledge.

Don't have any.

Do you best, as much as you can.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have once a month a special day that is all about culture. Rooms with movies, dances, library, debates about philosophical topics, etc

Date: 2013

Take your Learning out of the Classroom and Make a Difference!

1. My team provides a great atmosphere to work in. 2. I am able to take on high level project or present infront of customers and it is great knowing how much my team trust me.

Sometimes it makes me want to not go to class because I feel like I am doing more at work then what the classroom can teach me.

When you are searching for an internship, make sure the company fits with you otherwise you will not succeed.

Incredible.

My team, are all incredible in their own right. An honor to work/learn from them

Nothing at all.

A great place to work, with an increasing focus on becoming more relevant to the younger people.

Best Summer Internship

Treated like an employee through respect of co-workers and in the type of projects/responsibilities given to me

There were a few times where I ran out of work, but these were few and far between

HP Vertica is an amazing company to work for. There are tons of opportunities to connect with a variety of employees and there are so many chances to learn.