Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

What makes internship in HP so appealing?

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time flexibility, i can talk to my manager to chance my schedule if needed.

People are willing to help.

there is nothing to declare

there is nothing to add

there is only one that realy matters in this question:

"Do you intend to make this job your choice of carrer?"

Advice to Management

nothing to add

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

Great Experience at HP

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I worked with. Job was very Interesting. Had organization wide impact.

The commute, it was 30 mins away, so had to work around traffic.

Corporations sometimes have a stigma, especially against startups. Give the corporation a chance, they provide more opportunities to do cool stuff and have the infrastructure to give you benefits/etc. Excellent company to work for.

State Machine questions, Programming Practice Questions. Code review.

Great opportunity for gaining experience with a leading information technology company.

San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with knowledgeable co-workers and an opportunity for hands-on experience with technology.

Our immediate team only consisted of a few people.

I would advise them not to miss out on a great opportunity to advance their skill base. Working with this company will open up doors for them in many areas to choose a career from.

What are you experiences so far with hardware support?

Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses.

Advice to Management

I enjoy all the opportunities that this company provides as far as training in concerned. I would recommend encouraging employees to give more feedback on compensation.

Awesome!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that I could safely say that "I get to go to work today" instead of "I have to go to work".

I only got to wear a suit a few times.

HP is a pretty laid back work environment. Help is available if you need it. You become part of the family on day one.

- Different engineering and social scenarios. How would you deal with the problem?

- What projects have you done outside of school? What problems did you encounter and how did you get past them?

Advice to Management

N/A

Amazing

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Full benefits

Not in my major and not in my field of study

Focus and do your projects in the time given to you.

N/A

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals

Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

I could do this forever.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet some great people through networking events and office chatting. I learned a lot about what it is like to work for an industry as opposed to acedemia. These past three months further strengthened my career choice. I truly do not feel like I worked even though I accomplished quite a bit. I also learned that working slowly but consistently is much more effective.

I had difficulty getting housing as many of the options given to me were unavailable for only 3 months. I ended up coming to the internship without housing for the first few days. I also had to get 3 offer letters because the first 2 were blank.

You will not regret a decision to join HP for your job. There is an element of freedom here and you are basically expected to do work. Coming a little late and working at different times is ok here. As an intern, I feel as though I learned many life skills in the past 3 months.

What would you do if you had data that needed to be secure and readily accessible?

Describe the basic elements of programming: Pointers, Data Types, recursion, etc.

Describe the basic ideals of programming: Coupling, Multithreading, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc

What have you done in computer science? Projects? Assignments? Classes?

Advice to Management

Since there was basically nothing that I disliked about my internship it is difficult to find things to improve. I do wish that it was made clear to me that there is a technical career path. I initially believed that to move up, you must go to management. As someone who likes doing technical things, this news was mindblowing.

A Company That Treats You Like Family and the Opportunity to do Great Things

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that I can walk up to anyone, literally anyone, and they'll be very willing to help me to whatever I need. I am allowed to create my own rules and not hold anything back. I am able to participate at a global level. I am trusted by my peers and my managers to do an exceptional job.

It is pretty disorganized. There aren't any clear goals, which is a pro and a con because you can make it your own but at the same time it is hard to really understand expectations.

It really is what you make of it, it can be the best thing ever or a really rough ride. make it what you will, but do everything well.