4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

Great professional experience. I learned so much about working in a corporate environment.
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience in my area of interest. Interesting applicable project that will have a lasting effect after I leave the program. Great mentor, who is willing to answer all questions and give clear advice. Final showcase for project with the ability to network with other interns and employees.

Intern coordinators not very approachable and caught up in over organizing intern events.

A fast paced, design engineer internship where I was able to stretch my creativity and engineering skills on inket high-speed printing
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good pay, flexible hours, friendly coworkers, lots of resources

Spent a lot of time sitting in front of a computer

Awesome internship if you want great engineering experience/mentorship and you are okay sitting at a desk for long periods of time

Word problems, basic physics questions, need to know about gears, gravity and friction

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

HP was an incredible experience!
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part about the internship was learning about new technology and being a part of something that will be in the hands of many people in the future.

Nothing! It was such an incredible experience.

HP has to be one of the best places to work. The culture here is amazing.

Reverse a string in C

What is Polymorphism?

What is an interrupt?

Basicaly a lot of questions on C, and C++ with a few about Java.

Advice to Management

I have not been here long enough to comment on issues of compensation, employee retention, and promotion policies, but from the time I have spent here I think management is doing great.

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

Real full-time job experience in industry. Flexibility of projects and learning opportunities.
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My manager treated me like a normal, full-time employee. I received real work and was given creative license on my project. The group of interns on site were also very social and offered many out-of-work opportunities.

Once my project was done, I didn't have enough time to do another complete project. I ended up spending the last 3 weeks doing many small bug fixes.

Expect to do real work! It's easy, as an intern, to expect grunt work and to be able to slack off. That is NOT the case here. You will do work that matters to the company, and get well-compensated for it!

As a firmware engineer, I was asked many questions about linux, C programming, and to develop a short program to solve a problem. Knowledge of data structures is key.

Excellent learning and networking opportunity from a pestigious information technology company that is known world wide.
San Antonio, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship was the opportunity to get hands-on experience with some of the most advanced storage technologies available.

One thing I would change would be to incorporate more networking opportunities for remote interns.

When deciding to choose HP as your future employer, keep in mind that the company is leading the information technology field and will provide excellent learning and networking opportunities for anyone interested in working for the company. There are many career fields you can choose from based on your education and interests.

Experience for professional successful
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning, knowledge, opportunity, development and application.

The waiting time of processes to start

Is important evaluate the commitment of the organization with your study discipline and the opportunities that provide.

What motivate you to work on this company?

Realize a specific questions of the discipline or study area that provide evidence of preparation.

Advice to Management

Improve the diversity and employee retention

Professional growth