4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 772 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

N/A
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I get to work with! I have the best boss and coworkers! Everyone is so friendly and more than willing to help if you need it - you just have to ask. People are also very willing to sit down with the interns over lunch or a short meeting to discuss what they do so the interns can get a better look into other parts of the business.

I haven't disliked anything yet

Do your research on the company before the interview - and be ready to learn if you get the position. Expect to be confused about the business for the first few months - it's normal. But you will learn more than you can imagine.

HP helping develop future IT professionals
Little Rock, AR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The HP global environment

When first arrived the I did not have all my equipment necessary to start working

If you would like to travel around the world HP might just be the right place for you

Where do you see yourself in the future?

Advice to Management

I do not have anything bad to say about this Internship it has been a great experience

It was a great experience to learn
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

That I learn more than the school

the duration of the program

Work hard and give more than your manager ask you.

If I speak English and we have a intervies in English, and what are my plans after end my school.

Advice to Management

Training

A great experience with strong takeaways
Vancouver | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with HP employees about different roles within the company

The internship was mainly tailored for engineers, and that was not the position of my internship

You get out of this internship as much as you put in. You can take in as much knowledge as you seek, but you have to be proactive.

Amazing oportunity to grow, learn and win experience.
Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn a lot of things, and most important to win experience in one of the most important companies in the world.

I have no bad things to say about this experience

I think HP is a vey good company that cares about the welfare of its employees.

What do you expect if you become an employee?

Do you have any experience?

How do you work in group?

Advice to Management

I think here at HP are very good policies, I have really like the office environment.

High-impact autonomous business development opportunity with resources and support to complete the project.
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, Resources, High-impact project

Haven't identified any cons.

Incredible real-life projects make this internship worthwhile.

NA

Advice to Management

NA

Fantastic personal and professional growth experience.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to put to practical use what I've learned at university, as well as the many intern activities.

The on-boarding process, especially with regards to getting in the Payroll system, was painful.

Be sure to take immediate advantage of every offered benefit, such as health care, employee purchase program, R&D instructional/informational seminars, and free large-scale printing.

What was my experience with databases?

Would I be willing to work on projects somewhat but less related to my field of study (computer science)?

Advice to Management

HP really needs on-site Human Resources and Payroll representatives, in the same way that they have on-site IT personnel.

I could do this forever.
Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to meet some great people through networking events and office chatting. I learned a lot about what it is like to work for an industry as opposed to acedemia. These past three months further strengthened my career choice. I truly do not feel like I worked even though I accomplished quite a bit. I also learned that working slowly but consistently is much more effective.

I had difficulty getting housing as many of the options given to me were unavailable for only 3 months. I ended up coming to the internship without housing for the first few days. I also had to get 3 offer letters because the first 2 were blank.

You will not regret a decision to join HP for your job. There is an element of freedom here and you are basically expected to do work. Coming a little late and working at different times is ok here. As an intern, I feel as though I learned many life skills in the past 3 months.

What would you do if you had data that needed to be secure and readily accessible?

Describe the basic elements of programming: Pointers, Data Types, recursion, etc.

Describe the basic ideals of programming: Coupling, Multithreading, synchronous vs asynchronous, etc

What have you done in computer science? Projects? Assignments? Classes?

Advice to Management

Since there was basically nothing that I disliked about my internship it is difficult to find things to improve. I do wish that it was made clear to me that there is a technical career path. I initially believed that to move up, you must go to management. As someone who likes doing technical things, this news was mindblowing.

very fun and challenging project
Mountain View, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

challenging project

admin part, have to figure out my benefits my own, otherwise, I may lose them

apply early, manage the process, otherwise, nobody can manage it for you.

Advice to Management

make a check or todo list for interns, what kind of forms they need to fill up during the whole process. especially for intern benefits

awesome
Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learn and improve experience

experience

experience

what are you studying ?

Advice to Management

clima laboral