Intern at HP Intern Program - Americas? Submit a Review

Ohio State Student Takes on Role of Assistant Account Executive and Learns How and Where the Hands Must Get Dirty

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was fantastic, over $20 an hour. Everyone from the bosses to the people you work daily with show you the utmost respect and value your opinions. You are giving many opportunities to showcase your talents and trusted with various projects that are actually beneficial to the team.

Sometimes I would get a task that was mundane, but it was a rarity. The only real con that happened on more than one occasion was I wouldn't have much to do. It wasn't the boss' fault that it was a slow week, but it would get boring on those rare occasions.

Don't think of HP as a computer company, they are so much more than that. Yes, they have jobs for people looking to develop software or hardware, but they also have a very big consulting department. Remember too that they look for all types of candidates, I am a finance major and was able to fill the role as a project analyst on a project they had.

Basic interview questions; ie: a time you struggled with someone and what you did about it, are you a leader or follower.

Advice to Management

It was all great.

The best work experience ever

Mexico City | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly coworkers, nice working environment and lot of things to learn and enjoy about work in here.

Nothing, I really like working in here as the way it is.

Don't be nervous at the moment of the interview, the interviewers are very nice and friendly and is better to concentrate yourself in show that your the best candidate.

- Some friendly questions about your hobbies or your interests in English to hear your fluency to speak English.

- In my case questions about consultations and syntax in mySql

Advice to Management

A little bit more of training new employees before to start working.

Outstanding

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

fun, rewarding, meaningful, learning experience

to be honest, nothing

make the most out of your internship and take opportunities that are given to you

An internship that provided a meaningful experience and a project that really mattered to the company.

Boise, ID | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a project that was extremely important to the company

There was nothing I did not like

HP is all about personal development and encourages significant mobility within the company. They have an open door policy and are always open to helping out.

Explain your experience(s) working on teams and your project management skills.

Explain your leadership role in team projects.

Advice to Management

Compensation seemed great and the employees were very open to help the interns.

My internship experience taught me about technology and the storage of data.

Charlotte, NC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning and gaining experience from colleagues who have years of experience.

Sitting at a desk and rarely having interaction with others was a hard part of the day.

My team was very on top of their tasks and very good at communicating.

My internship experience was very useful and I learned a lot along the way that will help me moving forward.

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the intership is the amount of technical learning that takes place. Along with this, the employees are very kind and knowledgable, leading to an informative and work-friendly atmosphere.

What I like least about the internship is that the products that my team works on are not very exciting to me. This is completely subjective, however.

Interns at this organization are expected to be savvy and confident. Interns may be asked to use software and programming languages that they are not too familiar with. Thus, it is important for interns to be ready to work hard and to have the experience and confidence necessary to investigate and problem-solve independently. In the end, an internship here is informative and helpful on both technical and career-development levels.

There were many questions about general computer science concepts:

Example: "How is dynamic memory allocated in memory? How is static memory allocated?"

There were many technical questions about data structures:

Example: "Which is more efficient for insertion: a singly linked list or a doubly linked list? Which is more efficient for deletion and which is more efficient for searching? Explain."

There were many technical questions about networking:

Example: "What are the differences between a router, a switch, and a hub?"

There were many behavioral questions:

Example: "What are your 3 biggest strengths? What are your 3 biggest weaknesses?"

Advice to Management

This is a great place to work and I cannot think of anything specifically for the organization to become better in this regard.

great

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning is the best experience you can have as intern since here I will grow as a professional.

none, all aspects of being an intern at HP, has been good for me.

I think my responsibility is my best attribute.

Internship Provides Education and Resources to Budding Business Leaders

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was allowed to study abroad in Australia and work remotely for my U.S. manager from an HP office in Australia. It was amazing to meet other HP employees in a different group & country. I have tremendous flexibility in my working hours, whether I want to work from home or not, and my time off.

Sometimes it's pretty vague what I'm responsible for, which results in some miscommunication and a little extra work once in a while. The internship is almost like a job share in some functions which can be pretty annoying and a little counterproductive.

Best business experience you could ever receive. The pay is excellent, and the management is VERY willing to work with you on any ideas you have. In the business departments, interns have very high exposure to top management.

What was your favorite subject in school?

What was a time you were under pressure and how did you handle that situation?

What would you like to do?

Advice to Management

There was a bit of a kerfuffle because one intern was getting paid four or five dollars an hour OVER what the other interns in the same department, on the same team were making. I would just say, pay everyone fairly. We all get paid really well, but it doesn't feel good to do a lot of great work and feel invested in the team to learn you are not as valuable as another intern of the exact same circumstances (Marketing, year in school, time at HP, etc). Not really about the money, just the principle of the thing.

With the right mentoring i was able to make it matter.

Other (International) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meet the clients and see the HP Sales in action.

At the begining was very slow but ithink thats normal.

Make questions and integrate with the team, make proactive actions.

-Why HP?

-Are you agree with the asignations.

Advice to Management

I think the flexibility to see your boss/manager and talk with him/her and make correct actions.

Educational!!!!

Sacramento, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

wages, coworkers, environment,

everything was great!!!!!

no the specific field that I am going to school for.

Try you hardest, and with hard work great success shall come.