Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Experience of a lifetime, in the lifetime of an opportunity

Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team mentality

Great environment to work in

Be prepared for a lifetime of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers that suck the life out of employees!

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

My Internship is Awesome

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I work With

The fact that it was too short

Be as outgoing as you possibly can

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

Risk is the way!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

A wonderful opportunity

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.