PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Well-Rounded Experience in the Many Facets of Technology

My internship had many great aspects, the best being position experience and team involvement. As an intern on my team, I was able to experience several different roles (Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Quality Analyst). Several different people acted as my managers and gave me insight into their projects and positions within the team. Being on the team in general was also a great experience. The team involved me in weekly meetings, included me in discussions, expected my participation, and even included me on a team outing where we spent a day at a local museum.

Sometimes there wasn't work to do. There may be lags in projects or people may be overloaded with work. This depends on your team and was a minor issue.

Let your managers know you can take on more work. If you don't ask, they won't give you more. I have rarely heard of an intern having too much work because the managers do not want to overload you. Do not rush you work, keep good quality, ask for more when you're done if you are not handed another assignment.

Advice to Management

None

Learn in a Positive and Productive Environment

Working on projects which are functional and important

Nothing Really

PNC has kind and accepting employees who are always willing to help, they also stand firmly on their respectable core values.

Advice to Management

Better compensation is always nice, but I think it already is a great place to work!

Date: 2013

More than just a place to deposit your money, PNC offers opportunities in invesment banking, wealth management, and sales and trading.

PNC has the benefits of operating like a boutique day to day and as a bulge bracket bank in terms of its role within the financial industry.

I think the recruiting process is somewhat flawed in that they interview for very different positions together. (retail banking and investment banking for example)

Don't follow the crowd. Chasing the same banks/positions as everyone else just because everyone else is chasing those positions keeps you from exploring which opportunities are best fit for you which sets you back in the long run.

Insight into Banking

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

Ideal Finance Internship

The best part of the internship is that I was given real-world assignments and felt that I provided value-added work.

Although minimal, I did have some down time.

I believe I had the ideal internship experience with PNC. In addition to the real world work, interns are exposed are exposed to senior management and given many networking opportunites and events throughout the summer.

Date: 2013

Crossroads between banking and technology

Fellow employees and company culture were fantastic.

While Pittsburgh has its benefits, its not my ideal location.

PNC really cares about your career development.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have potential tasks to assign interns in case of downtime.

Date: 2013

PNC's rapidly-growing International Treasury Management Group: the best vantage point for learning about international banking

Opportunities to network with managment and executives. Opportunities for ongoing training in area of work as well as other areas of the bank.

I like everything

Work here if you're collaborative and innovative (and International Treasury Management is the place to be)

Advice to Management

Continue to be competetive regarding compensation.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Date: 2013

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

Real world experience

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.