Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

Last few steps before moving into the real world

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

Great on the job real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.

Work Life Balance

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Open, Relaxed Culture

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.