PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

Pathway to Success to a new life

The best aspects of my intership was the exceptional leadership and mentorship that was provided me in my internship. I could not have been placed in a better opportunity with better professionals. My Manager kept me busy and coached me on areas of opportunity to improve the overall effectiveness of my experience. I truly believe that this is an opportunity to "learn and grow". My greatest experience in my internship was going out to the East Region and Allegheny Region posing as a customer to complete branch audits. I now understand why Human Sigma is so very important to PNC.

The least thing that I like about the internship is being uncertain of whether or not I will be selected for a full time opportunity with the corporation.

In reference to my experience in evaluating an organization as a potential employer I would advise a candidate to look for the qualities that "you" have that match the company's qualities. I had a great experience overall because I looked for the attributes of Integrity, Performance, and made sure that the company's vision matched my vision. Also look for a company who rewards hard work.

Advice to Management

Employee Retention is an area that I would directly address in reference to retaining the great employees and keeping them on board.

Path to a Bright Future

The independency, the people, the culture, and volunteerism.

The location.

Make sure that whatever you choose, you will ultimately be happy in because you will spend majority of your time there.

Date: 2013

The best way to learn is through experience

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.

Easy going and balanced

Networking

Technology software took to long to get in order to be cleared, and not enough challenging work

Try really hard to get where you want to be first, and do not settle for what you think will be easiest to get. PNC is really good about helping you pursue any avenue in banking. All youhave to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Compensation is low along with the stipend when you consider taxes. Also please keep the interns busier with work in the department they are interning

Date: 2013

Plenty to learn, excited to work.

Job hours, inclusion, friendliness of department, career development, meaningful work.

The internship was too short, week wise.

Be ready to be competitive to work at the establishment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that it is clear if on track to get a job or not earlier on.

Date: 2013

PNC is all about development

There are many opportunities for engagement and it was easy to feel like I was an asset to the relationship managers during my time. On that note, all of the employees in my market were extremely friendly and quick to mentor when applicable.

Sometimes it felt like I should have been doing harder work. I definitely had more bandwidth that could have been leveraged by the bank.

PNC is a great bank with a growing footprint and the future looks bright. One thing to keep in mind is that PNC lives by a moderate risk profile.

Own Your Development

The freedom/responsibility given to each intern from day one. It helped foster growth amongst the interns and allowed people to seperate themselves in a positive way without having to take advantage of others.

At times there was not enough work for me.

People are the key to an organization and PNC has great people.

Advice to Management

Increase the level of technology, at times it feels a bit limited.

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

Date: 2013

Structured internship with support and opportunities to grow professionally

Ability to network with executives, pay, learning oportunities, info sessions with company executives.

Not a wide range of opportunities outside North East region

Best internship in Pittsburgh. Ability to grow outside of Pittsburgh in select areas

Advice to Management

None.

A Bittersweet End to a Great Summer

The people were great I never felt like "just an intern", I was given meaningful things to work on and really felt like part of the team. I liked working downtown being exposed to a lot and also I liked working for PNC I enjoy the culture.

I wish there were more intern/analysit events to get to know people in the market better.

Know PNC and really do your best to understand the different LOB. Your internship will be so much more worth while if you think through where you want to be in the Bank and understand how that part of the Bank relates to everything else. Try to get the big picture of PNC while truly mastering your LOB.

Advice to Management

More clarity on full time offer process and placement!