4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Plenty to learn, excited to work.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Job hours, inclusion, friendliness of department, career development, meaningful work.

The internship was too short, week wise.

Be ready to be competitive to work at the establishment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that it is clear if on track to get a job or not earlier on.

The best way to learn is through experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.

Easy going and balanced

Networking

Technology software took to long to get in order to be cleared, and not enough challenging work

Try really hard to get where you want to be first, and do not settle for what you think will be easiest to get. PNC is really good about helping you pursue any avenue in banking. All youhave to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Compensation is low along with the stipend when you consider taxes. Also please keep the interns busier with work in the department they are interning

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

Path to a Bright Future
Raleigh, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The independency, the people, the culture, and volunteerism.

The location.

Make sure that whatever you choose, you will ultimately be happy in because you will spend majority of your time there.

Pathway to Success to a new life
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my intership was the exceptional leadership and mentorship that was provided me in my internship. I could not have been placed in a better opportunity with better professionals.

My Manager kept me busy and coached me on areas of opportunity to improve the overall effectiveness of my experience. I truly believe that this is an opportunity to "learn and grow".

My greatest experience in my internship was going out to the East Region and Allegheny Region posing as a customer to complete branch audits. I now understand why Human Sigma is so very important to PNC.

The least thing that I like about the internship is being uncertain of whether or not I will be selected for a full time opportunity with the corporation.

In reference to my experience in evaluating an organization as a potential employer I would advise a candidate to look for the qualities that "you" have that match the company's qualities. I had a great experience overall because I looked for the attributes of Integrity, Performance, and made sure that the company's vision matched my vision. Also look for a company who rewards hard work.

Advice to Management

Employee Retention is an area that I would directly address in reference to retaining the great employees and keeping them on board.

Internship Paves Way for Successful Career and Successful Life.
Lancaster, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the interhship was the exposure to upper management and the ability to be exposed to multiple lines of business. In addition, the overall culture was aligned with my personal character.

The lack of analyst & TMO resources within my market. There weren't any analysts in my market which means I wasn't specifically exposed to what analysts do on a day-to-day basis.

- Be proactive instead of reactive, ask for tasks to do in which you can help. Once task is done report to manager and have them give immediate feedback on your results.

- Ask questions!!!

- Take the time to interview as many people in different LOB to gain insight on what you may like or dislike.

Advice to Management

-Perhaps the ability to work from home maybe one day a week. (Not necessarily as an intern, just in general)

-Have designated quiet times in which people aren't able to interupt individuals so workers wont be distracted from their work.

Ex: Tuesdays & Thursdays between noon & 4:30PM is strict uninterrupted working time. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it.

-Limit the amount of meetings per day/week and only have essential people that are actively involved in the meeting attend. Meetings are expensive.

A fun learning experience to help prepare you for the real world
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, from other interns to mentors to managers. Also, getting assigned projects that will be used to help your team in the future.

I have no complaints.

It is a great company to work for and everyone is always willing to help you succeed.

Advice to Management

More training would be helpful, but it is hard spend a lot of time on training since the program is so short.

Great opportunities, valuable experiences, and a lot of fun
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were friendly, lots of networking events, good pay, good full-time prospects

Not knowing which role I was given until I started

You will have a lot of opportunities to network/learn to network. The internship is what you make of it. If you don't have enough work, say something and they will provide you with more. Be sure to take advantage of all the experiences offered to you.

A Great Oppotunity to Grow as a Young Professional through Networking, Experience and Mentoring

the people

my lack of feeling a part of the risk team

I think the fact that my area was so small should definitely be specified

Advice to Management

n/a