PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

Plenty to learn, excited to work.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Job hours, inclusion, friendliness of department, career development, meaningful work.

The internship was too short, week wise.

Be ready to be competitive to work at the establishment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that it is clear if on track to get a job or not earlier on.

The best way to learn is through experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.

Easy going and balanced

Networking

Technology software took to long to get in order to be cleared, and not enough challenging work

Try really hard to get where you want to be first, and do not settle for what you think will be easiest to get. PNC is really good about helping you pursue any avenue in banking. All youhave to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Compensation is low along with the stipend when you consider taxes. Also please keep the interns busier with work in the department they are interning

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

Path to a Bright Future
Raleigh, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The independency, the people, the culture, and volunteerism.

The location.

Make sure that whatever you choose, you will ultimately be happy in because you will spend majority of your time there.

Pathway to Success to a new life
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my intership was the exceptional leadership and mentorship that was provided me in my internship. I could not have been placed in a better opportunity with better professionals.

My Manager kept me busy and coached me on areas of opportunity to improve the overall effectiveness of my experience. I truly believe that this is an opportunity to "learn and grow".

My greatest experience in my internship was going out to the East Region and Allegheny Region posing as a customer to complete branch audits. I now understand why Human Sigma is so very important to PNC.

The least thing that I like about the internship is being uncertain of whether or not I will be selected for a full time opportunity with the corporation.

In reference to my experience in evaluating an organization as a potential employer I would advise a candidate to look for the qualities that "you" have that match the company's qualities. I had a great experience overall because I looked for the attributes of Integrity, Performance, and made sure that the company's vision matched my vision. Also look for a company who rewards hard work.

Advice to Management

Employee Retention is an area that I would directly address in reference to retaining the great employees and keeping them on board.

PNC is all about development
Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are many opportunities for engagement and it was easy to feel like I was an asset to the relationship managers during my time. On that note, all of the employees in my market were extremely friendly and quick to mentor when applicable.

Sometimes it felt like I should have been doing harder work. I definitely had more bandwidth that could have been leveraged by the bank.

PNC is a great bank with a growing footprint and the future looks bright. One thing to keep in mind is that PNC lives by a moderate risk profile.

Commercial Banking Intern
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to work in my group as if I were an associate relationship manager by being given the same responsibilities and opportunities.

The ability to network with anyone in the company and everyone is willing to help.

I had a lot of free time in between projects

Be sure to network with everyone that you meet because you never know who may be able to help you further along in your career

Advice to Management

Intership should start a week or two earlier

Pathways Internship Prepares Interns for Full-Time Banking Position
Cincinnati, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the personal interactions were the best part of the internship. Whether it was with coworkers or clients, I had a great time interacting with people throughout the summer.

The feedback provided was not the best. We were scored throughout the summer, but we were never told what the scores were. Not knowing where we need to improve makes it tough to work on areas PNC finds valuable.

PNC has positioned itself to become a very strong bank in years to come. Also, the internship experience allows you to gain actual banking experience while at the same time evaluating your strengths.

Putting Knowledge to the Test
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

real world experience, compensation, networking

started too late into the summer and ends too close to the school year

Awesome working atmosphere