Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Easy going and balanced

Networking

Technology software took to long to get in order to be cleared, and not enough challenging work

Try really hard to get where you want to be first, and do not settle for what you think will be easiest to get. PNC is really good about helping you pursue any avenue in banking. All youhave to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Compensation is low along with the stipend when you consider taxes. Also please keep the interns busier with work in the department they are interning

The best way to learn is through experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.

Own Your Development

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom/responsibility given to each intern from day one. It helped foster growth amongst the interns and allowed people to seperate themselves in a positive way without having to take advantage of others.

At times there was not enough work for me.

People are the key to an organization and PNC has great people.

Advice to Management

Increase the level of technology, at times it feels a bit limited.

Path to a Bright Future

Raleigh, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The independency, the people, the culture, and volunteerism.

The location.

Make sure that whatever you choose, you will ultimately be happy in because you will spend majority of your time there.

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

Responsibility and Impact

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation level, responsibility given, tasks assigned, culture.

Some tasks assigned were given from people outside of my specific department; communication between managers of what I should be completing could have been improved.

There are tons of opportunities to network with upper level management, compensation is very fair, and the culture is spectacular. People treat interns with respect and, if competent, are given work that impacts the line of business and organization.

Plenty to learn, excited to work.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Job hours, inclusion, friendliness of department, career development, meaningful work.

The internship was too short, week wise.

Be ready to be competitive to work at the establishment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that it is clear if on track to get a job or not earlier on.

Internship Paves Way for Successful Career and Successful Life.

Lancaster, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the interhship was the exposure to upper management and the ability to be exposed to multiple lines of business. In addition, the overall culture was aligned with my personal character.

The lack of analyst & TMO resources within my market. There weren't any analysts in my market which means I wasn't specifically exposed to what analysts do on a day-to-day basis.

- Be proactive instead of reactive, ask for tasks to do in which you can help. Once task is done report to manager and have them give immediate feedback on your results.

- Ask questions!!!

- Take the time to interview as many people in different LOB to gain insight on what you may like or dislike.

Advice to Management

-Perhaps the ability to work from home maybe one day a week. (Not necessarily as an intern, just in general)

-Have designated quiet times in which people aren't able to interupt individuals so workers wont be distracted from their work.

Ex: Tuesdays & Thursdays between noon & 4:30PM is strict uninterrupted working time. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it.

-Limit the amount of meetings per day/week and only have essential people that are actively involved in the meeting attend. Meetings are expensive.

Pathway to Success to a new life

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my intership was the exceptional leadership and mentorship that was provided me in my internship. I could not have been placed in a better opportunity with better professionals.

My Manager kept me busy and coached me on areas of opportunity to improve the overall effectiveness of my experience. I truly believe that this is an opportunity to "learn and grow".

My greatest experience in my internship was going out to the East Region and Allegheny Region posing as a customer to complete branch audits. I now understand why Human Sigma is so very important to PNC.

The least thing that I like about the internship is being uncertain of whether or not I will be selected for a full time opportunity with the corporation.

In reference to my experience in evaluating an organization as a potential employer I would advise a candidate to look for the qualities that "you" have that match the company's qualities. I had a great experience overall because I looked for the attributes of Integrity, Performance, and made sure that the company's vision matched my vision. Also look for a company who rewards hard work.

Advice to Management

Employee Retention is an area that I would directly address in reference to retaining the great employees and keeping them on board.

PNC is all about development

Charlotte, NC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are many opportunities for engagement and it was easy to feel like I was an asset to the relationship managers during my time. On that note, all of the employees in my market were extremely friendly and quick to mentor when applicable.

Sometimes it felt like I should have been doing harder work. I definitely had more bandwidth that could have been leveraged by the bank.

PNC is a great bank with a growing footprint and the future looks bright. One thing to keep in mind is that PNC lives by a moderate risk profile.