Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Work Life Balance

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

Great on the job real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Crossroads between banking and technology

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees and company culture were fantastic.

While Pittsburgh has its benefits, its not my ideal location.

PNC really cares about your career development.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have potential tasks to assign interns in case of downtime.

A wonderful opportunity

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

Open, Relaxed Culture

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

PNC: providing quality experience for young professionals

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the pay.

The gap between projects and assignments; it is hard to get the true team experience in the time we have here.

In my experience, PNC has a great focus on employee quality of life.

An excellent opportunity, if taken, that allows an intern to experience the financial services industry across multiple departments

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to all aspects of the bank, real-world experience, housing stipend, excellent managers (for me atleast), work in the evolving field of technology. I hold PNC in a much higher regard after having an internship with the organization

Not all interns understood that this was an opportunity and it was up to them to seize it, if not, they didn't have a good experience. An internship is what you make it, and this was very beneficial.

It's an excellent opportunity. Take it for what it is, you will only get out of it what you put in. If you want to meet other lines of businesses, put in that effort. Many interns sat at their desks and never seized that opportunity which resulted in them feeling negatively about their internship. Be proactive, assertive, and offer solutions.

Advice to Management

Develop a management development program, much like the development programs for entry-level individuals. For those that are seeking management positions, a development program would be beneficial. Also, continue the process improvements within the company.

Learned about PNC, Treasury Management, and Liquidity, while working on projects the bank will use going forward.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people who work here, the importance of the projects I was given, the pay that I received, the after-work events, and much more.

There isn't much that I didn't like about the internship other than it only being 10 weeks..that could be looked at as a positive though because I was able to do a few things, like traveling to Europe beforehand.

I would say that PNC is a great organization to work for because they really care about their employees, and they don't have the "cuthroat" feel that some banks have.