PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

Open, Relaxed Culture
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

Internship Creates New Experiences
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

At the PNC Internship you will have the opportunity to develop in your field of study and complete meaningful work.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

How easy it is to ask questions, the meaningful work you get to complete, and how much I have developed over the last 10 weeks.

The commute from home.

Apply early.

An excellent opportunity, if taken, that allows an intern to experience the financial services industry across multiple departments
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to all aspects of the bank, real-world experience, housing stipend, excellent managers (for me atleast), work in the evolving field of technology. I hold PNC in a much higher regard after having an internship with the organization

Not all interns understood that this was an opportunity and it was up to them to seize it, if not, they didn't have a good experience. An internship is what you make it, and this was very beneficial.

It's an excellent opportunity. Take it for what it is, you will only get out of it what you put in. If you want to meet other lines of businesses, put in that effort. Many interns sat at their desks and never seized that opportunity which resulted in them feeling negatively about their internship. Be proactive, assertive, and offer solutions.

Advice to Management

Develop a management development program, much like the development programs for entry-level individuals. For those that are seeking management positions, a development program would be beneficial. Also, continue the process improvements within the company.

Learned about PNC, Treasury Management, and Liquidity, while working on projects the bank will use going forward.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people who work here, the importance of the projects I was given, the pay that I received, the after-work events, and much more.

There isn't much that I didn't like about the internship other than it only being 10 weeks..that could be looked at as a positive though because I was able to do a few things, like traveling to Europe beforehand.

I would say that PNC is a great organization to work for because they really care about their employees, and they don't have the "cuthroat" feel that some banks have.