4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Last few steps before moving into the real world
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

Take the Challenge!
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

Open, Relaxed Culture
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

Internship Creates New Experiences
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

PNC: providing quality experience for young professionals
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the pay.

The gap between projects and assignments; it is hard to get the true team experience in the time we have here.

In my experience, PNC has a great focus on employee quality of life.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Plenty to learn, excited to work.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Job hours, inclusion, friendliness of department, career development, meaningful work.

The internship was too short, week wise.

Be ready to be competitive to work at the establishment.

Advice to Management

Make sure that it is clear if on track to get a job or not earlier on.

PNC's internship program offers fantastic real-world assignments, training, and development.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were work experience and the networking experience. As far as work goes, I have learned so much. I have been trained to use tools for financial analysis, and have been able to do work that has been meaningful to my team and department. PNC gives its interns and young analysts excellent opportunities to develop and prove themselves. Also, the opportunities to meet people within the company are endless. PNC believes very much in working in teams, so it is easy to build a network of peope that you could work with or leverage later.

As with many internships, there are always periods of downtime. My manager this year was very good at trying to limit the time that I had doing nothing, but it is probably an unrealistic expectation assume that you will always be busy as an intern.

With PNC, you will get valuable real-world experience. The company will expect a good deal of you, but it will be well worth it. Additionally, if you are interested in the Financial Services industry, an internship with PNC is a fabulous way to get a foot in the door.

Advice to Management

For those working in the Finance department, there is really no geographic diversity. You must work in Pittsburgh. I understand that there are good reasons for this, but I do think that it makes some people less keen on working in Finance.