Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.

Last few steps before moving into the real world

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.

Endless Opportunities

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience and positive relationships built.

I wish it were longer and I had more time with PNC.

Network with as many people as possible and work on projects with different people on your team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Move to a city that isn't your hometown.

Advice to Management

As for interns, I think the internship should be 12 weeks.

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

Easy going and balanced

Networking

Technology software took to long to get in order to be cleared, and not enough challenging work

Try really hard to get where you want to be first, and do not settle for what you think will be easiest to get. PNC is really good about helping you pursue any avenue in banking. All youhave to do is ask.

Advice to Management

Compensation is low along with the stipend when you consider taxes. Also please keep the interns busier with work in the department they are interning

The best way to learn is through experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.