PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Date: 2013

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

A wonderful opportunity

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

Great Learning Experience

Very structured and organized internship program Lots of networking opportunities Great emphasis and learning and development

Length of the internship

Great internship program, with tons of opportunities to network, to develop and learn skills, grow, and also get a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Develop credit training programs for interns

Date: 2013

Great on the job real world experience

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.

Work Life Balance

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

Date: 2013

Last few steps before moving into the real world

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

Active

Networking with people from different departments/people I worked with. To be able to learn so much in just 9 weeks. Location.

I would have wanted more work to be assigned to me.

Come in with an open mind and be ready to learn as much as you can.

Path to a Bright Future

The independency, the people, the culture, and volunteerism.

The location.

Make sure that whatever you choose, you will ultimately be happy in because you will spend majority of your time there.

Date: 2013

An excellent opportunity, if taken, that allows an intern to experience the financial services industry across multiple departments

Exposure to all aspects of the bank, real-world experience, housing stipend, excellent managers (for me atleast), work in the evolving field of technology. I hold PNC in a much higher regard after having an internship with the organization

Not all interns understood that this was an opportunity and it was up to them to seize it, if not, they didn't have a good experience. An internship is what you make it, and this was very beneficial.

It's an excellent opportunity. Take it for what it is, you will only get out of it what you put in. If you want to meet other lines of businesses, put in that effort. Many interns sat at their desks and never seized that opportunity which resulted in them feeling negatively about their internship. Be proactive, assertive, and offer solutions.

Advice to Management

Develop a management development program, much like the development programs for entry-level individuals. For those that are seeking management positions, a development program would be beneficial. Also, continue the process improvements within the company.