Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

How Big Business is Helping the Little People

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with other interns, good events, good communication between mentors, managers and all others involved.

I would have liked to learn more/have done more. Worked more seriously on a big project.

It's a great company and the program is great. Expect that you may have to find ways to keep yourself busy during the internships as there are heavy days but also very light days of work.

Advice to Management

I think ensuring there is enough work, but not too much for the interns is important to how they feel about their job. They might feel they accomplished or worked too little, or didn't learn enough at the end.

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

Great Learning Experience

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very structured and organized internship program

Lots of networking opportunities

Great emphasis and learning and development

Length of the internship

Great internship program, with tons of opportunities to network, to develop and learn skills, grow, and also get a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Develop credit training programs for interns

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

PNC: providing quality experience for young professionals

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the pay.

The gap between projects and assignments; it is hard to get the true team experience in the time we have here.

In my experience, PNC has a great focus on employee quality of life.

Responsibility and Impact

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation level, responsibility given, tasks assigned, culture.

Some tasks assigned were given from people outside of my specific department; communication between managers of what I should be completing could have been improved.

There are tons of opportunities to network with upper level management, compensation is very fair, and the culture is spectacular. People treat interns with respect and, if competent, are given work that impacts the line of business and organization.

The best way to learn is through experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting first hand knowledge and experience.

Not knowing that I could not be hired into the position my managers and I wanted after I graduated.

Try to absorb as much information as you can.

Advice to Management

I think the internship went really well.