PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

Opportunities, opportunities, and more opportunities!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments given to me were open ended so I was able to put my own spin on things and really show my manager all that I can do. The networking opportunities were great as well.

A lot of the tasks of my group were done faster if completed my an actual full time employee rather than an intern.

I really feel that this internship is the best place to start your career in the organizaton. PNC gives you the option to potetially change your line of business if you feel necessary. This is why I believe they have such a high retention rate for interns.

Crossroads between banking and technology
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees and company culture were fantastic.

While Pittsburgh has its benefits, its not my ideal location.

PNC really cares about your career development.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have potential tasks to assign interns in case of downtime.

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

Endless Opportunities
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience and positive relationships built.

I wish it were longer and I had more time with PNC.

Network with as many people as possible and work on projects with different people on your team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Move to a city that isn't your hometown.

Advice to Management

As for interns, I think the internship should be 12 weeks.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Finding Myself

The people

Amount of responsibility delegated to interns

The culture here is amazing and if you go up to anyone with a question, they will be willing to help you.

Advice to Management

There should be more responsibilities delegated to interns.

An excellent opportunity, if taken, that allows an intern to experience the financial services industry across multiple departments
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to all aspects of the bank, real-world experience, housing stipend, excellent managers (for me atleast), work in the evolving field of technology. I hold PNC in a much higher regard after having an internship with the organization

Not all interns understood that this was an opportunity and it was up to them to seize it, if not, they didn't have a good experience. An internship is what you make it, and this was very beneficial.

It's an excellent opportunity. Take it for what it is, you will only get out of it what you put in. If you want to meet other lines of businesses, put in that effort. Many interns sat at their desks and never seized that opportunity which resulted in them feeling negatively about their internship. Be proactive, assertive, and offer solutions.

Advice to Management

Develop a management development program, much like the development programs for entry-level individuals. For those that are seeking management positions, a development program would be beneficial. Also, continue the process improvements within the company.

Learned about PNC, Treasury Management, and Liquidity, while working on projects the bank will use going forward.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the people who work here, the importance of the projects I was given, the pay that I received, the after-work events, and much more.

There isn't much that I didn't like about the internship other than it only being 10 weeks..that could be looked at as a positive though because I was able to do a few things, like traveling to Europe beforehand.

I would say that PNC is a great organization to work for because they really care about their employees, and they don't have the "cuthroat" feel that some banks have.