PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

PNC as a company, and their employees really invest in their interns to make sure their interns have the best possible internship experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were extremely accessible. Everyone was so willing to teach me anything I wanted to know plus more, and they all wanted my assistance on big projects. I never felt overwhelmed, and my manager was so willing to work with my schedule outside of work that I was able to continue participating in my extracurricular activities. My coworkers really made me feel like I was a part of their team.

Sometimes, it was a little slow with the work load to get started. Once I realized that they just did not want to overwhelm me, they gave me much more work to do for them, and I was able to get a lot more hands on experience.

Ask for work if you want more, and really take advantage of meetings that you have. This company gives you so much exposure to the Executive offices, and they really want you to succeed. This company wants to see you pursue whatever you think is the best fit- regardless of whether or not it is in their company. They truly pay you to teach you. As far as internship experiences go, it does not get much better than this. They also do a great job working around your schedule.

Advice to Management

Provide a more direct path for promotion opportunites.

Opportunities, opportunities, and more opportunities!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments given to me were open ended so I was able to put my own spin on things and really show my manager all that I can do. The networking opportunities were great as well.

A lot of the tasks of my group were done faster if completed my an actual full time employee rather than an intern.

I really feel that this internship is the best place to start your career in the organizaton. PNC gives you the option to potetially change your line of business if you feel necessary. This is why I believe they have such a high retention rate for interns.

Internship proves to be fruitful
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Take the Challenge!
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

Internship Creates New Experiences
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)