PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

A wonderful opportunity
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

My Internship is Awesome
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I work With

The fact that it was too short

Be as outgoing as you possibly can

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Learn in a Positive and Productive Environment
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects which are functional and important

Nothing Really

PNC has kind and accepting employees who are always willing to help, they also stand firmly on their respectable core values.

Advice to Management

Better compensation is always nice, but I think it already is a great place to work!

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

PNC as a company, and their employees really invest in their interns to make sure their interns have the best possible internship experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were extremely accessible. Everyone was so willing to teach me anything I wanted to know plus more, and they all wanted my assistance on big projects. I never felt overwhelmed, and my manager was so willing to work with my schedule outside of work that I was able to continue participating in my extracurricular activities. My coworkers really made me feel like I was a part of their team.

Sometimes, it was a little slow with the work load to get started. Once I realized that they just did not want to overwhelm me, they gave me much more work to do for them, and I was able to get a lot more hands on experience.

Ask for work if you want more, and really take advantage of meetings that you have. This company gives you so much exposure to the Executive offices, and they really want you to succeed. This company wants to see you pursue whatever you think is the best fit- regardless of whether or not it is in their company. They truly pay you to teach you. As far as internship experiences go, it does not get much better than this. They also do a great job working around your schedule.

Advice to Management

Provide a more direct path for promotion opportunites.