4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Work Life Balance
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

Last few steps before moving into the real world
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

Crossroads between banking and technology
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees and company culture were fantastic.

While Pittsburgh has its benefits, its not my ideal location.

PNC really cares about your career development.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have potential tasks to assign interns in case of downtime.

Real world experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Take the Challenge!
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.