PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Work Life Balance
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Insight into Banking
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

An Amazing Opportunity to Learn from Tenured Business Professionals
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-learning opportunities

-quality of projects

-opportunity to receive coaching

-access to many lines of business

I think this internship could have been improved with a review closer to the start date. This would allow interns to take better advantage of their first five weeks.

PNC wants to give their interns the best possible training and opportunities to succeed. Make sure you take the initiative early and take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Internship proves to be fruitful
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Risk is the way!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

Take the Challenge!
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.