Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

Internship proves to be fruitful

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Learn in a Positive and Productive Environment

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on projects which are functional and important

Nothing Really

PNC has kind and accepting employees who are always willing to help, they also stand firmly on their respectable core values.

Advice to Management

Better compensation is always nice, but I think it already is a great place to work!

Real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.

Well-Rounded Experience in the Many Facets of Technology

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship had many great aspects, the best being position experience and team involvement. As an intern on my team, I was able to experience several different roles (Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Quality Analyst). Several different people acted as my managers and gave me insight into their projects and positions within the team. Being on the team in general was also a great experience. The team involved me in weekly meetings, included me in discussions, expected my participation, and even included me on a team outing where we spent a day at a local museum.

Sometimes there wasn't work to do. There may be lags in projects or people may be overloaded with work. This depends on your team and was a minor issue.

Let your managers know you can take on more work. If you don't ask, they won't give you more. I have rarely heard of an intern having too much work because the managers do not want to overload you. Do not rush you work, keep good quality, ask for more when you're done if you are not handed another assignment.

Advice to Management

None

Risk is the way!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

PNC as a company, and their employees really invest in their interns to make sure their interns have the best possible internship experience

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were extremely accessible. Everyone was so willing to teach me anything I wanted to know plus more, and they all wanted my assistance on big projects. I never felt overwhelmed, and my manager was so willing to work with my schedule outside of work that I was able to continue participating in my extracurricular activities. My coworkers really made me feel like I was a part of their team.

Sometimes, it was a little slow with the work load to get started. Once I realized that they just did not want to overwhelm me, they gave me much more work to do for them, and I was able to get a lot more hands on experience.

Ask for work if you want more, and really take advantage of meetings that you have. This company gives you so much exposure to the Executive offices, and they really want you to succeed. This company wants to see you pursue whatever you think is the best fit- regardless of whether or not it is in their company. They truly pay you to teach you. As far as internship experiences go, it does not get much better than this. They also do a great job working around your schedule.

Advice to Management

Provide a more direct path for promotion opportunites.

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.