PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

Open, Relaxed Culture

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department) My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location Not my field of study Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

Risk is the way!

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

Date: 2013

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

My Internship is Awesome

The People that I work With

The fact that it was too short

Be as outgoing as you possibly can

Take the Challenge!

Fellow employees Work-life balance Flexibility Pay Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

Date: 2013

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

Endless Opportunities

The learning experience and positive relationships built.

I wish it were longer and I had more time with PNC.

Network with as many people as possible and work on projects with different people on your team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Move to a city that isn't your hometown.

Advice to Management

As for interns, I think the internship should be 12 weeks.