PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.

Take the Challenge!
Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

How Big Business is Helping the Little People
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with other interns, good events, good communication between mentors, managers and all others involved.

I would have liked to learn more/have done more. Worked more seriously on a big project.

It's a great company and the program is great. Expect that you may have to find ways to keep yourself busy during the internships as there are heavy days but also very light days of work.

Advice to Management

I think ensuring there is enough work, but not too much for the interns is important to how they feel about their job. They might feel they accomplished or worked too little, or didn't learn enough at the end.

Great Learning Experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very structured and organized internship program

Lots of networking opportunities

Great emphasis and learning and development

Length of the internship

Great internship program, with tons of opportunities to network, to develop and learn skills, grow, and also get a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Develop credit training programs for interns

Experience of a lifetime, in the lifetime of an opportunity
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team mentality

Great environment to work in

Be prepared for a lifetime of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers that suck the life out of employees!

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

A wonderful opportunity
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.