Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

Internship proves to be fruitful

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Take the Challenge!

Indianapolis, IN | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Fellow employees

Work-life balance

Flexibility

Pay

Atmosphere

Down time at beginning of internship

This is a great employer that will treat you extremely well with multiple opportunites to travel away from your primary location.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of non-virtual training opportunities.

Risk is the way!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Last few steps before moving into the real world

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.

Endless Opportunities

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience and positive relationships built.

I wish it were longer and I had more time with PNC.

Network with as many people as possible and work on projects with different people on your team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Move to a city that isn't your hometown.

Advice to Management

As for interns, I think the internship should be 12 weeks.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.