4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

Endless Opportunities
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience and positive relationships built.

I wish it were longer and I had more time with PNC.

Network with as many people as possible and work on projects with different people on your team. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Move to a city that isn't your hometown.

Advice to Management

As for interns, I think the internship should be 12 weeks.

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

A wonderful opportunity
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

Experience of a lifetime, in the lifetime of an opportunity
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team mentality

Great environment to work in

Be prepared for a lifetime of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers that suck the life out of employees!

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Learn Everything You Need To Know About Retail Banking, And Love Every Second Of It.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with. They were all great, and I will stay in contact with quite a few of them.

Waking up early every morning.

Work hard, be open, and have a positive attitiude and everything will be fine.

Advice to Management

The independent project we needed to complete could have been managed better.

An Amazing Opportunity to Learn from Tenured Business Professionals
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-learning opportunities

-quality of projects

-opportunity to receive coaching

-access to many lines of business

I think this internship could have been improved with a review closer to the start date. This would allow interns to take better advantage of their first five weeks.

PNC wants to give their interns the best possible training and opportunities to succeed. Make sure you take the initiative early and take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.