4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

A wonderful opportunity
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

Internship Creates New Experiences
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

My Internship is Awesome
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The People that I work With

The fact that it was too short

Be as outgoing as you possibly can