Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

A wonderful opportunity

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to see all aspects and parts of the banking industry, especially first hand in the branches. Networking within the company has been one of the best aspects for me.

There was not one bad part about my expereince here.

Research basic banking terms and products before the internship so you have a basic understanding.

Great on the job real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.

Work Life Balance

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

Great Learning Experience

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very structured and organized internship program

Lots of networking opportunities

Great emphasis and learning and development

Length of the internship

Great internship program, with tons of opportunities to network, to develop and learn skills, grow, and also get a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Develop credit training programs for interns

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

Experience of a lifetime, in the lifetime of an opportunity

Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Team mentality

Great environment to work in

Be prepared for a lifetime of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't hire managers that suck the life out of employees!

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.