PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Date: 2013

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Date: 2013

Opportunities, opportunities, and more opportunities!

The assignments given to me were open ended so I was able to put my own spin on things and really show my manager all that I can do. The networking opportunities were great as well.

A lot of the tasks of my group were done faster if completed my an actual full time employee rather than an intern.

I really feel that this internship is the best place to start your career in the organizaton. PNC gives you the option to potetially change your line of business if you feel necessary. This is why I believe they have such a high retention rate for interns.

Date: 2013

PNC's rapidly-growing International Treasury Management Group: the best vantage point for learning about international banking

Opportunities to network with managment and executives. Opportunities for ongoing training in area of work as well as other areas of the bank.

I like everything

Work here if you're collaborative and innovative (and International Treasury Management is the place to be)

Advice to Management

Continue to be competetive regarding compensation.

Unlimited Professional and Personal Growth Through PNC Pathways

PNC has an incredible company culture where everyone is welcoming and willing to help train you for your position. They do a phenomenal job of giving you exposure to various aspects of each department, connecting you with the right people and allowing you to really find your niche within that one area. In addition, the projects you are assigned are well thought out, and you will find yourself learning new skills every day.

Some days are slower than others in terms of work. I like to be as productive as possible!

PNC invests so much into each intern, and they personalize and tailor your internship experience to your interests and strengths while allowing exploration of other areas as well. From day one, you will receive meaningful work that contributes to the business outcomes of the bank!

Date: 2013

Last few steps before moving into the real world

Being given work/projects that leave a lasting impact

The HR department representative wasn't the best at returning emails.

PNC takes care of their employees. In 3 years with PNC, I have yet to meet someone who doesn't enjoy their job and doesn't want to help new hires grow in their careers.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

Internship Creates New Experiences

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

Date: 2013

Internship proves to be fruitful

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Date: 2013

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities Helpful and Friendly employees Excellent work environment Exposure to top level executives Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.

How Big Business is Helping the Little People

working with other interns, good events, good communication between mentors, managers and all others involved.

I would have liked to learn more/have done more. Worked more seriously on a big project.

It's a great company and the program is great. Expect that you may have to find ways to keep yourself busy during the internships as there are heavy days but also very light days of work.

Advice to Management

I think ensuring there is enough work, but not too much for the interns is important to how they feel about their job. They might feel they accomplished or worked too little, or didn't learn enough at the end.