Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

PNC bank is a great place to work and the internship program is well suited for quality learning and connections.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship's at PNC pay very well and give you great exposure to the real world.

The starting and ending dates did not work very well for my schedule, but PNC is flexible so in the futrue I will not have that problem.

If you are looking to begin your career PNC is a great place to start. They offer diverse opportunities specific to each individual. You will recieve great exposure to the business world because everything is done in a professional manner.

A Chance to Learn More than You Do in School

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing real work that has an impact, gaining exposure to different areas of the company, exposure to top management

I would have liked to sit closer to other interns

Expect to do real work that other full time employees do; you'll see how your work contributes to the department as a whole.

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

My internship at PNC has provided me with a solid foundation for launching my professional career.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was the people and the atmosphere. I worked very well with my team and that showed during the length of my internship. The atmosphere was very positive in the office and it made for a very enjoyable work day.

The part of the internship that I liked the least would be doing VOIP phone installs.

Some helpful information would be to write down what you want. Use that as a checklist and see if the company can provide you with those goals. If they can't, ask if there are any programs that are available.

Advice to Management

I would suggest the implementation of overtime. While overtime is technically available for interns, it is frowned upon by HR. I know that a large portion of interns have gone over their 40 hours and have been afraid to report them.

How Big Business is Helping the Little People

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

working with other interns, good events, good communication between mentors, managers and all others involved.

I would have liked to learn more/have done more. Worked more seriously on a big project.

It's a great company and the program is great. Expect that you may have to find ways to keep yourself busy during the internships as there are heavy days but also very light days of work.

Advice to Management

I think ensuring there is enough work, but not too much for the interns is important to how they feel about their job. They might feel they accomplished or worked too little, or didn't learn enough at the end.

Great Learning Experience

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very structured and organized internship program

Lots of networking opportunities

Great emphasis and learning and development

Length of the internship

Great internship program, with tons of opportunities to network, to develop and learn skills, grow, and also get a full-time job.

Advice to Management

Develop credit training programs for interns

Open, Relaxed Culture

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

SOX, Shuttle to Pittsburgh, STRONG, and Siciliano

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Organization of programs. Calender. WOrking on a project with the other interns

Fewer interns than last year

Ask questions and set up appointments with everyone. People at PNC are willing to take the time to train and share information with you. Leverage them.

Advice to Management

Work out area in downtown locations or someother locations. Collaborate with LivingWell

Service Integrator Intern works to better processes, procedures, and the organization itself.

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked that I got to work directly every day with my manager instead of having to talk over the phone every time.

Sometimes the work was lacking because we were in a transition phase.

I would definitely reccommend working at PNC. They are a great company and are constantly investing their time and efforts into their interns.

Advice to Management

Last year I interned at PNC and during this time we had a lot more opportunites to have social hours and time to spend with not only other interns, but also the heads of the company and different departments. I think if they had continued these events, it would have been more enjoyable and gave us a better understanding of the company.

Great on the job real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.